• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede Tech vs Meta Knight ~

Ulevo

Smash Master
I didn't see this posted anywhere, and I thought it was relatively useful provided the situation occurs, so I thought I would share.

If Dedede is near the edge of a stage and Meta Knight approaches with the Tornado, use Inhale. Meta Knight will be drawn in with the Tornado and fly off the stage past Dedede since the Tornado's hitbox hits Dedede out of the Inhale. Due to how far past Meta Knight goes, he will usually be unable to recover and die, especially if he doesn't expect it to happen.

I found this while testing to see if Inhale could suck up a Meta Knight using the Tornado. It works similar to Inahle on an Ike using Quick Draw.

Hype

Smash Lord
If works for drill rush, it probebly wont kill them becasue drill rush doesn't goes as far as the tornado does. Also you can grab the ledge right out of drill even if your below the stage because it launches you up, but you can't grab the ledge out of a tornado even if you touching the ledge because you can't grab it in the ending animation.

CO18

Smash Hero
This rarely works considering they'll just move back to the stage and the inhale doesn't pull them far enough so they can't recover.

I've never gotten a kill doing this.

Ulevo

Smash Master
This rarely works considering they'll just move back to the stage and the inhale doesn't pull them far enough so they can't recover.

I've never gotten a kill doing this.
It does send them far. At least sufficient enough for it to work. The more into the Tornado they are, the less likely they can recover, but it isn't easy to recover like you claim.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I've known about this for awhile. It's a pretty nice way to get a gimp kill, but I think most of the good MK probably already know about it and aren't going to give you the opportunity to use this. Of course if you do get a chance, no reason not to try right?

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
I agree with C018

I highly doubt this will ever work unless a scenario such as Ulevo described occurs.

Very situational, possibly useful.

Top Bottom