• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo: Brings the Fright!

Nose Dive

Smash Rookie

King Boo:

King boo is the "leader" of the boos in Super Mario. He makes an appearance in many games including Mario Sunshine, Mario 64, Luigi's Mansion, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Super Luigi U, Mario kart, Mario Party 10, and many other games.

He is the main antagonist in the games "Luigi's Mansion" and "Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon". King boos archenemy, Luigi has to stop him in both games. With Luigi being in smash, it would be logical to have his main enemy. Luigi also carries the Poltergust 3000, the only object King boo fears.

King boo is one of the most recognizable villains from the Super mario series , and arguably the strongest.

Personality:

King Boo is caring to an extent, well at least for his fellow boos, willing to rescue them when they are put into danger. However, King boo is insane and evil, as seen in Luigi's Mansion when he wants to get revenge on Mario and Luigi by turning them into furniture pieces to look good in his Mansion.

Abilities:
King Boo has multiple moves coming from many games, this makes him great for smash. Some of his moves from a large pool are duplication, fabrication of items, teleportation, creation of portals, creation of enemies, spitting out fire and bubbles, trapping enemies, regenerating, and even shooting lasers out of his crown. These abilities would make for a great move set that could include fabricating a series of items (like pac man), teleporting and having two king boos appear(one being the real player), shooting lasers, breathing blue fire blasts, trapping players in bubbles, or maybe even regenerating health like an amiibo (slower process) . His final smash could be an all out attack from a boo army by opening a portal or shooting a big laser from his crown.)

Possible Move sets:
(feel free to add you own)My move set:
Neutral attack- Swift jabs
Dash attack- King boo dashes in a direction, creating new forms of himself while his other forms fade away.
Up tilt- King boo back flips and uses his tail to attack above him.
side tilt- King boo uses a straight strike with his tongue
Down tilt- King boo uses his tongue to sweep the legs of the enemy.
Up smash- King boo charges up a powerful "lick" that sends the player flying upward, a purple "phantom" aura glows off boos tongue.
Down smash- King boo charges up a powerful bite, a purple "phantom" aura glows off boos teeth.
Side smash- King boo charges up a powerful punch that sends players flying, a purple "phantom" aura glows off boos hands.
Up aerial- King boo Punches upward
Forward aerial- King boo swings his tongue to attack.
Neutral aerial- King boo uses fast jabs.
Back aerial- King boo stretches his tail and attacks .
Down aerial- King boo becomes a tornado like form and attacks like a drill.
Up special- Boo spirals upward, with a trail of "phantom" aura behind his tail
Side special- King boo holds a large blue flame in his mouth. He can move with it before releasing it.
Down special- King boo charges downward quickly. If it misses, boo will bounce back up and be in a short "stun"
Neutral special- King boo releases a large gust of wind similar to the fan item.
Grab attack- Ranged grab, King boo throws a "spirit ball", a portal appears for boos to come out of to hold the enemy down while King boo attacks.
Up throw- King boo throws the players up and blows them into the sky
Forward throw- King boo charges into the player and sends them flying.
Back throw- King boo grabs the player by their leg and swings them in a circle before throwing them.
Down throw- King boo throws players into the portal, portal spits them out and launches them.
Final smash- King boo uses his "Dark moon" Laser on enemies.

Why King Boo?:

The real question is why not King Boo? King Boo is one of the main villains in Super Mario. Super Smash bros has a lack of villains, Boo would full up a villain spot nicely. King Boo has a wide range of abilities from his games, giving his move set the chance to be very diverse. Even the physical properties King boo possesses(No pun intended) would make him a unique character as he is a ghost.

King boo also has his main villains , Mario and most importantly Luigi in the game. That is not all, King boo also has his partner, Bowser, in the game. King Boo has showed his intelligence and power by capturing Mario easily, and almost Luigi, something even Bowser has trouble doing.

Alternate Colors:

The Multiple variations of King boo and even normal boos make for great alternate colors. Here are some alternate "colors" I think would work well with King boo. Feel free to add you own.

Vote King Boo:

Aid the Kings empire, vote for King Boo. A well needed villain in Super Smash bros. With his diverse pool of abilities, personality, history, and power, he is sure to be a great addition to Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Ah, King Boo. One of my favorite Mario characters, and my dark-horse pick for Smash DLC.

Add me to the support list!

Nose Dive

Smash Rookie
Ah, King Boo. One of my favorite Mario characters, and my dark-horse pick for Smash DLC.

Add me to the support list!
Thanks for supporting the King of Boos for Smash. If you do not mind, how do you create those character "banners" that you have. I am sort of a new scrub here so I do not know much about most of this stuff.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I always thought King Boo would be a really fun and interesting addition! I even drew this up on Miiverse a year ago:

You have my support.

PF9

Smash Lord
King Boo, to me is a dark horse candidate. I don't know how King Boo joining Smash would go over with Pac-Man in my headcanons - Pac-Man's deeply afraid of ghosts. But it would be very interesting if King Boo did in fact make it in.

Nose Dive

Smash Rookie
King Boo, to me is a dark horse candidate. I don't know how King Boo joining Smash would go over with Pac-Man in my headcanons - Pac-Man's deeply afraid of ghosts. But it would be very interesting if King Boo did in fact make it in.
What do you mean by dark horse? Unlikely? I am new here.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I did NOT expect someone else to make this thread before me.

Props.

I've advocated for him for a while now, as a replacement for Jigglypuff.
He would have a charged pounce instead of Rollout, a Frightening Shriek (Boo!) instead of Screech, and use his tongue in place of the pounding.
Since Jigglypuff is in.. he could be a semi clone, and utilize some changes, such as intangibility, instead of singing.

How cute it would be to see him hiding.
He would need a generic Boo alt, though. At least, I'd like it. Much cuter.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
King Boo! :3
What's a King Boo?
King Boo is the leader of all the Boo in Super Mario Bros. series, and first appeared in Luigi's Mansion. Since then he has frequently appeared throughout the series. King Boo possesses the abilities of normal Boo, but can also materialize objects, regenerate from his crown, and create paranormal portals.
Creepy. Why would you want him in Smash?
Because we have Mario's arch nemesis, so why not Luigi's? Also, because King Boo is a ghost, he can bring more to the table than the average bear character. (Sorry, I had to) He could have a somewhat laggy moveset, but would have invincibility frames, and he could use other boo for attacks.
We have too many Mario characters.
Well at least I'm not asking for a random Koopatrol or something! Seriously though, the series a character is from shouldn't keep you from wanting that character.
Come on guys! Let's show 'em that King Boo stands a ghost of a chance!

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
King Boo was always one of my favorite Mario villains (behind Bowser of course). Sign me up.

Laniv

Smash Champion
King Boo joins the battle as the new lightest character in the game. (Well, he is a ghost.) His range with physical moves is pitiful, but luckily, he's got his crown on his head to deal real damage.

Para-Normals

Jab
: King Boo slaps with his two stubby little arms, then releases purple lasers from his crown. 2% from the slaps, then continuing 1% from the crown.
Forward Tilt: King Boo leans forward and releases energy from his crown. 9%.
Up Tilt: King Boo hops up and hits with his crown. Pitiful range. 7%.
Down Tilt: King Boo squats and licks the opponent. Identical to Bowser Jr.'s down tilt. 8%
Dash Attack: King Boo rushes forward while afterimages of himself follow and fade slowly. 11% for King Boo, 3% from the afterimages.

Spectral Smashes

Forward Smash
: King Boo leans back to charge, then suddenly releases a large will-o'-the-wisp from his mouth. 14%.
Up Smash: King Boo looks up, and for a split-second, nothing happens except a flash where the hitbox should be. This flash has a powerful vacuum effect so opponents can be hit by the swirl of darkness. 17%.
Down Smash: King Boo faces the screen and has two will-o'-the-wisps come out of his hands. 13%.

Apparition Aerials

Neutral Aerial
: King Boo surrounds himself with sparks from his crown. 2% per spark, total 10%.
Forward Aerial: King Boo rolls forward in midair. 12%.
Back Aerial: King Boo swirls around to hit opponents with his tongue. The one physical attack that has decent range. 7%
Up Aerial: King Boo lifts up his hands, and several smaller Boos swirl around. 4% per Boo, total 12%
Down Aerial: King Boo spins upside-down, hitting with his crown. 8%.

Terrifying Throws

Grab and Pummel
: King Boo magically grabs opponents with his crown. Four will-o'-the-wisps surround the opponent while grabbed, and their light intensifies for the pummel. 3%
Forward Throw: King Boo gives the opponents a long, drawn-out lick. 15%
Back Throw: King Boo turns around and uses a Big Boo Breath to blow the opponent away. No damage here, just wind.
Down Throw: King Boo knocks the opponents hard enough to lie down. He proceeds to torment the foe with spooky thoughts, causing them tremble in fear. His most damaging throw at 19%.
Up Throw: King Boo lifts the player with his crown and shocks them upward. 9%

Spooky Specials

Neutral Special--Frighten
: Upon pressing and holding the button, King Boo takes the classic hiding-Boo pose that we all know and love. He can move around freely, but can only jump once. When the button is released, King Boo suddenly reveals his terrifying (or not) face, scaring the foe. If used on an opponent's back, the effect is greater. 4% from the front, but 25% from the back.

Custom Neutral 1-- Playful Frighten: Faster animation, and causes opponents to trip.
Custom Neutral 2-- Shocking Frighten: A slower animation, but opponents are stunned as if their shield was broken.

Side Special-- Circling Boos: King Boo laughs evilly as five Boos surround him. They protect their king similarly to Mega Man's Leaf Shield, but opponents can send the Boos flying with one or two hits. If a button is pressed, King Boo launches the Boos forward. They attach to the first opponent they hit, and torment them similarly to a Pikmin.

Custom Side 1-- Tough Guy Boos: These Boos are now able to take a hit, taking at least four hits to be defeated.
Custom Side 2-- Scrappy Boos: These Boos are much more adept at scaring foes (King Boo brought them up right). They deal more damage if they hit a foe, but are weaker when protecting King Boo.

Up Special
-- Crown Vanish: King Boo vanishes inside his crown, which can now move freely in any direction. Once the time is up, King Boo pops out and falls helplessly. Excellent for recovery--with his (lack of) weight, he'll need it.

Custom Up 1-- Total Teleport: The entire crown disappears along with King Boo. When he reappears, he deals 11%.
Custom Up 2-- Meteor Crown: King Boo floats up for a bit, then is sucked into his crown and rockets himself downward from 16%.

Down Special-- Boo Summon: King Boo's crown crackles with energy, and another Boo appears by his side. This Boo not only mimics King Boo's every move barring grabs, but the Boo's mere presence increases King Boo's knockback ability. After ten seconds, the Boo disappears.

Custom Down 1-- Eager Boo Summon: The Boo rushes forward immediately... and if it hits, disappears immediately, too. 6%.
Custom Down 2-- Prankster Boo Summon: If anyone tries to touch the Boo, they'll trip.

Final Smash
-- Paranormal Chaos: King Boo gives off a shrill shriek as a Paranormal Portal is created in the center of the stage. Here, a smorgasbord of ghosts from the Luigi's Mansion duology rush out and wreak havoc. After a while, the portal collapses in on itself and explodes, dealing 50% damage to anyone standing near.

Taunts
Up Taunt: Faces the screen and pulls on the corners of his mouth with his tongue sticking out, letting off his trademark laugh.
Side Taunt: Four will-o'-the-wisps surround King Boo as he closes his eyes and spins.
Down Taunt: King Boo turns around, then faces the camera with... this face.

Victory Poses
1. King Boo appears nowhere to be seen, then suddenly appears mere inches from the camera.
2. King Boo bounces in from above, then notices the camera and hides his face. Awww...
3. King Boo floats while Boos surround him, apparently in worship.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The Wii U needs another Mario Kart Game.

Mario Kart 9 Double Dash.
King Boo & Boo team.
Special = Boo that steals an item >:)

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Petey Piranha is my true "Never gonna happen" pick. If this happens though, I guess King Boo, King of the Boo's, would be the next best thing. They are connected in a way.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
King Boo joins the battle as the new lightest character in the game. (Well, he is a ghost.) His range with physical moves is pitiful, but luckily, he's got his crown on his head to deal real damage.

Para-Normals

Jab
: King Boo slaps with his two stubby little arms, then releases purple lasers from his crown. 2% from the slaps, then continuing 1% from the crown.
Forward Tilt: King Boo leans forward and releases energy from his crown. 9%.
Up Tilt: King Boo hops up and hits with his crown. Pitiful range. 7%.
Down Tilt: King Boo squats and licks the opponent. Identical to Bowser Jr.'s down tilt. 8%
Dash Attack: King Boo rushes forward while afterimages of himself follow and fade slowly. 11% for King Boo, 3% from the afterimages.

Spectral Smashes

Forward Smash
: King Boo leans back to charge, then suddenly releases a large will-o'-the-wisp from his mouth. 14%.
Up Smash: King Boo looks up, and for a split-second, nothing happens except a flash where the hitbox should be. This flash has a powerful vacuum effect so opponents can be hit by the swirl of darkness. 17%.
Down Smash: King Boo faces the screen and has two will-o'-the-wisps come out of his hands. 13%.

Apparition Aerials

Neutral Aerial
: King Boo surrounds himself with sparks from his crown. 2% per spark, total 10%.
Forward Aerial: King Boo rolls forward in midair. 12%.
Back Aerial: King Boo swirls around to hit opponents with his tongue. The one physical attack that has decent range. 7%
Up Aerial: King Boo lifts up his hands, and several smaller Boos swirl around. 4% per Boo, total 12%
Down Aerial: King Boo spins upside-down, hitting with his crown. 8%.

Terrifying Throws

Grab and Pummel
: King Boo magically grabs opponents with his crown. Four will-o'-the-wisps surround the opponent while grabbed, and their light intensifies for the pummel. 3%
Forward Throw: King Boo gives the opponents a long, drawn-out lick. 15%
Back Throw: King Boo turns around and uses a Big Boo Breath to blow the opponent away. No damage here, just wind.
Down Throw: King Boo knocks the opponents hard enough to lie down. He proceeds to torment the foe with spooky thoughts, causing them tremble in fear. His most damaging throw at 19%.
Up Throw: King Boo lifts the player with his crown and shocks them upward. 9%

Spooky Specials

Neutral Special--Frighten
: Upon pressing and holding the button, King Boo takes the classic hiding-Boo pose that we all know and love. He can move around freely, but can only jump once. When the button is released, King Boo suddenly reveals his terrifying (or not) face, scaring the foe. If used on an opponent's back, the effect is greater. 4% from the front, but 25% from the back.

Custom Neutral 1-- Playful Frighten: Faster animation, and causes opponents to trip.
Custom Neutral 2-- Shocking Frighten: A slower animation, but opponents are stunned as if their shield was broken.

Side Special-- Circling Boos: King Boo laughs evilly as five Boos surround him. They protect their king similarly to Mega Man's Leaf Shield, but opponents can send the Boos flying with one or two hits. If a button is pressed, King Boo launches the Boos forward. They attach to the first opponent they hit, and torment them similarly to a Pikmin.

Custom Side 1-- Tough Guy Boos: These Boos are now able to take a hit, taking at least four hits to be defeated.
Custom Side 2-- Scrappy Boos: These Boos are much more adept at scaring foes (King Boo brought them up right). They deal more damage if they hit a foe, but are weaker when protecting King Boo.
Up Special-- Crown Vanish: King Boo vanishes inside his crown, which can now move freely in any direction. Once the time is up, King Boo pops out and falls helplessly. Excellent for recovery--with his (lack of) weight, he'll need it.

Custom Up 1-- Total Teleport: The entire crown disappears along with King Boo. When he reappears, he deals 11%.
Custom Up 2-- Meteor Crown: King Boo floats up for a bit, then is sucked into his crown and rockets himself downward from 16%.

Down Special-- Boo Summon: King Boo's crown crackles with energy, and another Boo appears by his side. This Boo not only mimics King Boo's every move barring grabs, but the Boo's mere presence increases King Boo's knockback ability. After ten seconds, the Boo disappears.

Custom Down 1-- Eager Boo Summon: The Boo rushes forward immediately... and if it hits, disappears immediately, too. 6%.
Custom Down 2-- Prankster Boo Summon: If anyone tries to touch the Boo, they'll trip.

Final Smash
-- Paranormal Chaos: King Boo gives off a shrill shriek as a Paranormal Portal is created in the center of the stage. Here, a smorgasbord of ghosts from the Luigi's Mansion duology rush out and wreak havoc. After a while, the portal collapses in on itself and explodes, dealing 50% damage to anyone standing near.

Taunts
Up Taunt
: Faces the screen and pulls on the corners of his mouth with his tongue sticking out, letting off his trademark laugh.
Side Taunt: Four will-o'-the-wisps surround King Boo as he closes his eyes and spins.
Down Taunt: King Boo turns around, then faces the camera with... this face.

Victory Poses
King Boo appears nowhere to be seen, then suddenly appears mere inches from the camera.
2. King Boo bounces in from above, then notices the camera and hides his face. Awww...
3. King Boo floats while Boos surround him, apparently in worship.
Wow. I envisioned something totally different. Just shows how much potential he has. ;)

Ground Attacks
Neutral Attack: Licks the opponent, then licks the opponent repeatedly, and lastly flicks the opponent away with his tongue
Dash Attack: Dissapears, then licks behind him on reentry
Forward Tilt: Dissapears, then has a Tail Boo attack on reentry
Up Tilt: Lets his tongue flop about as he does a backflip (Similar to Mewtwo’s Up Tilt)
Down Tilt: Sweeps with his tongue.
Smashes
Forward Smash: Has a Boo Guy drop a big mace ball in front of him while he disappears. King Boo will laugh at the opponent upon reentry, so this move is laggy. King Boo covers his eyes while charging this attack
Up Smash: Makes six Smolderin’ Stus appear over his head. A slot machine appears in front of him while you charge this attack
Down Smash: Disappears, then slams two Bomb Boo on reentry, making them explode. King Boo covers his eyes while charging this attack
Arials
Neutral Arial: Has Spirit Balls rotate around him
Forward Arial: Throws a Boo Ball at the opponent
Back Arial: Disappears, then attacks upon reentry. This turns King Boo around
Up Arial: Fires a laser from his crown
Down Arial: Thrusts his tongue downward
Grab (No throws yet.:urg:)
Grab: Grabs using a Boo Buddy Snake, in the air, a Big and Little Boo is used. This is a tether grab, long grab.
Specials and Final Smash
Neutral Special-Balloon Boo: Has a Balloon Boo inflate to a massive size, then blow the opponent away. If the Balloon Boo is hit, this deals damage to King Boo.
Custom 1-Wind Boo: The move acts more like Mario’s F.L.U.D.D. Recoil is still possible
Custom 2-Gust Attack: No recoil, but has a very weak pushing affect, and has to be charged longer for the move to be of use.
Side Special-Broozer: Has a Broozer charge forward. This attack is multi-hit, and can KO at high percents
Custom 1-Has an Eerie go forward. This is a multi-hit, and is faster but has no KO power
Custom 2-Has a Black Boo charge forward. This attack is more like Fox Illusion, except it doesn’t move King Boo
Up Special-Stretch: King Boo creates a Stretch under him. This refreshes his jumps, but there can only be one on the screen at a time, and it lasts a long time. Other fighters can use the platform, but the Stretch will attack everyone who is not the player who used the attack.
Custom 1-Stretch Trampoline: The move acts like a traditional recovery move
Custom 2-Stretch Attack: The Stretch damages other fighters on contact, but is less powerfull
Down Special-Boo Man Bluff: Summons a Boo Man Bluff. The Boo Man Bluff will attack the player making the most noise, even King Boo if he is noisy enough.
Custom 1-Judgement Boo: Boo Man Bluff will attack a random character, but moves faster
Custom 2-Attack Boo: Boo Man Bluff will attack everyone, but deals massive damage
Final Smash-Tough Possessor: King Boo brings the target to the Paranormal Dimension, and the Tough Possessor stabs the trapped opponent. This is a cinematic.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
We have too many Mario characters.
Other answers to that would be "just having two newcomers in the main game doesn't mean we can't have anymore as DLC characters." and "DLC sell on its own, so having too many character of a certain game with some as DLCs wouldn't be that bad", and also "since DLC sell on its own, a character from an important series has a HUGE chance of being bought", and even "DLC is optional. If you don't want a certain DLC character, just don't buy it" (that last one counts for most "too many <insert series' name> characters" arguments, so...)

Also, sign me up, I'm gonna nominate him soon ( any time after one of those I nominated get its own day).

slambros

Smash Ace
A ghost character in Smash would be pretty interesting to see, and King Boo seems like the best bet for the concept.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Boo would definitely bring a unique element to Smash for sure. I miss him in Mario Kart. Why they didn't do the Bowser Jr/Bowser Kids treatment for MK8 like they did with smash is beyond me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom