• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kindergartener Ninjas - Kat & Ana for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
When I went looking for this thread, I was supprised that there wasn't one. (if there is actually one, sorry)
KAT & ANA SUPPORT THREAD

When looking for a new smash rep for Warioware, first characters I thought of were Kat and Ana.

Kat and Ana have appeared in all of the Warioware games to date, and have appeared in super smash
bros. brawl as an assist trophy.
Kat and Ana as they appeared in SSBB

Their roles in Warioware are providing Microgames to Wario. Their Microgames usually have either a theme of nature or ninjutsu. Kat and Ana both wield Katanas and throwing stars. They are often helped by their pets. Kat has her dog, shadow, while Ana usually has a bird of some kind (Shuriken the falcon is the most re-occurring).

Moveset:
[collapse=Moveset.] Kat and Ana may or may not be played in a similar style to Ice climbers.
Smash:
Up: Kat and Ana stab their katanas up in the air
Side: Kat and Ana slash upwards (from their foot level to just-above-their-head level) with their katanas
Down: Kat and Ana both do a foot-sweep with their katanas on both sides.

Special:
Up: Shuriken (the falcon) raises Kat and Ana a high distance. Ana holds onto Shuriken and Kat onto Ana.
Side: Kat and Ana throw three shurikens to either side.
Neutral: cherry blossom petals surround Kat and Ana, reflecting all projectiles, and causing small damage to nearby players.
Down: Kat summons Shadow to “sit”, on command, Kat commands Shadow to charge forward and attacks.

Aerials:
Up: Kat and Ana strike up with their katanas.
Front: Kat swings Ana around for a heavy-hitting aerial attack.
Neutral: Kat and Ana put their backs together and spin with their katanas out.
Back: Kat and Ana kick back. Ana first, then Kat.
Down: Kat and Ana throw down shurikens. they travel until they hit something or go offscreen

Final Smash:
Maybe a more buffed up version of their assist trophy? but more epic.[/collapse]

Theme song:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think they do already have a thread actually. Let me check brb...
Edit: Oh no they don't, never mind. ^^

Anyways. I think their being overshadowed by the likes of Mona, Jimmy T and Ashley which is probably the reason you don't see many requests for them, not to mention a thread until now.

Though if we get any new Wario Ware rep for smash 4, I can definitely see either Mona, Jimmy T, Ashley or Kat & Ana making it in. ^_^

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yep, I make sure that it hasn't been done before, I even google it! :p
I was looking through Mario_and_Sonic_Guy's characters support list and I could have sworn I've seen Kat & Ana in there before, then I remembered it was just Plusle and Minun so yeah... I kinda mixed them up...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was wondering when a Kat & Ana thread would pop up. :)

I support them, but after Ashley, Mona, and Jimmy T.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I don't think I'd want to see them as Ice Climbers with swords... I'd rather that they always be together and let the IC keep their unique separation mechanic. When someone grabs them, they could be grabbed together by their shirts or their wrists or something.

They could be really fun, especially if a lot of their attacks involve animations of them jumping off each other to slice at enemies acrobatically.

@LegendOfRob
Note: The easiest way to see if there's been a character thread of Smashboards is to go to this thread and look through the character post listings.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The easiest way to see if there's been a character thread of Smashboards is to go to this thread and look through the character post listings.
I did that, google was only a double-check. Since my grovyle thread STILL isn't listed there, I thought it would be a good idea to google for this thread, just in case.

Maybe I'll also edit my moveset to eliminate all IC-style related gameplay, since I like your idea so much.

EDIT: now grovyle is in the list, don't bother checking.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
They'd be a sort of cool representation of the WarioWare Series. Although, if they are in there, I wouldn't want it "Ice Climberish". I'd want it more of a tag team style combat.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Kat & Ana's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Kat & Ana's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):
Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:
Perfect.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
How would they handle different character types? Who would be their toughest challenge?
Eh... probably Bruisers. They seem like they would be lightweights, so a few hits and they're gone. Especially threatened by Captain Falcon.

SmashLover777

Smash Cadet
NNID
Starfy324
I support for this thread. After Ashley was deconfirmed I looked back and saw Kat and Ana. They could also have what Little Mac did. First Assist Trophy then due to popularity or demand a playable character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom