• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Kinda) Pivot Smashing with the C-Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So you know how when attempting a pivot smash with the c-stick you would end up dash attacking? There is a workaround to this.

Normally, a true pivot smash is only doable in the first couple frames of the dash and it would give you almost no range from where you were standing.

However, I found that if you turn around when dashing, making you enter your turn around animation, you can cancel that turn around animation with a Smash attack. This works with the C-stick as well.

Input: Dash > Opposite Direction of Dash > Smash Attack after entering turn around animation.

For me, this is a reason to adapt to the weird C-Stick mechanics in this game instead of changing it to attack.

Last edited:

I ReZo I

Smash Rookie
So you know how when attempting a pivot smash with the c-stick you would end up dash attacking? There is a workaround to this.

Normally, a true pivot smash is only doable in the first couple frames of the dash and it would give you almost no range from where you were standing.

However, I found that if you turn around when dashing, making you enter your turn around animation, you can cancel that turn around animation with a Smash attack. This works with the C-stick as well.

Input: Dash > Opposite Direction of Dash > Smash Attack after entering turn around animation.

For me, this is a reason to adapt to the weird C-Stick mechanics in this game instead of changing it to attack.
I love you lol

Thanks for this :)

Also, great find!

Azazel

Smash Journeyman

http://smashboards.com/threads/pivot-smashing-ftilting-with-c-stick-info-video.378916/

Already been discussed here.
ultimately ended with.
You can cancel Turnaround animation with F-tilt, F-smash, and jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom