• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kill Throw Percents on Smashville's Platform

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
All of these are against Mario with no DI for consistency. This is when the platform is at it's closest to the blastzone. Because of the difficulty of making the platform precise, some may be off by a few percent in either direction, but I tried my best to get it as close as possible
:4mario:
Forward - 88
Back - 35
:4luigi:
Forward - 78
Back - 20
:4peach:
Forward - 78
Back - 59
:4bowser:
Forward - 39
Back - 43
:4yoshi:
Back - 85
:rosalina:
Forward - 74
Back - 50
:4bowserjr:
Forward - 63
Back - 50
:4wario:
Forward - 48
Back - 8
:4dk:
Back - 35
:4diddy:
Forward - 54
Back - 43
:4zelda:
Forward - 62
Back - 25
:4tlink:
Forward - 60
Back - 38
:4pit::4darkpit:
Forward - 52
Back - 50
:4robinf:
Back - 12
:4falco:
Back - 25
:4pikachu:
Back - 40
:4charizard:
Forward - 30
Back - 38
:4rob:
Up Throw - 0, but it'll kill you too
:4ness:
Forward - 0
Back - 43
:4villager:
Back - 63
:4drmario:
Forward - 88
Back - 35
:4pacman:
Back - 40
:4megaman:
Back - 42
:4sonic:
Back - 35
:4mewtwo:
Back - 25
:4lucas:
Forward - 27
Back - 18
:4ryu:
Back - 50

I didn't realize how time consuming this was, so I didn't get to do all of them. If someone calcs some of the ones I didn't do I'll edit the post to put them in. If not, I'll probably do it myself at a later date.

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Will this finally get people to realize that smashville is a transforming walk off? Probably not...

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Awesome data right there.
Hopefully now people will think twice before they go gentlemen on Smashville.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Will this finally get people to realize that smashville is a transforming walk off? Probably not...
>standing at the edge of the platform and getting grabbed is something that occurs often

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
>standing at the edge of the platform and getting grabbed is something that occurs often
Walkoff-y kills happen all the time, and grabs aren't uncommon. Sheik has fair to fished people off that platform in tournament more times than I can count. Functionally, smashville is a transforming walkoff.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Walkoff-y kills happen all the time, and grabs aren't uncommon. Sheik has fair to fished people off that platform in tournament more times than I can count. Functionally, smashville is a transforming walkoff.
If that's the case, then, like all transforming walkoffs, you wait out the person camping. Luckily, since it's SV, they occur rarely, are there for a few seconds, and then aren't anymore.

Your comparison is bad because, if you treat it like a walkoff, it's there for a lot less per match in total.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
If that's the case, then, like all transforming walkoffs, you wait out the person camping. Luckily, since it's SV, they occur rarely, are there for a few seconds, and then aren't anymore.

Your comparison is bad because, if you treat it like a walkoff, it's there for a lot less per match in total.
Every 20 seconds (10 if you count the opposite side as well instead of waiting for the platform to complete a round trip). That's hardly rare and roughly on par with Delfino et al assuming they throw two walkoffs at you in a row, otherwise it's more frequent. I think the point is that if Smashville allows early kills via platform that are comparable to the early kills gained by abusing a temporary walkoff, then why are temporary walkoffs looked down on but not Smashville?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I think the point is that if Smashville allows early kills via platform that are comparable to the early kills gained by abusing a temporary walkoff, then why are temporary walkoffs looked down on but not Smashville?
Because it's: (a) not a walkoff; there's still quite a large threshold over the actions characters will have to take to guarantee a kill right next to the blastzone compared to real walkoffs, and (b) a scenario that requires one person to be positioned at the end of a platform and land a grab, notably the back throw for 80% of the cast. Such a scenario only happens when the attacker challenges the one on the edge of the platform and gets punished by hitting a shield. It's not uncommon for this to happen, but it's still pretty rare.

Every stage allows "early kills" based on player error, people just look at smashville as some degenerate mess because some characters can capitalize very effectively based on their positioning and the platform's. That's what makes it a good stage; being wary of not just you and your opponent's positioning, but the stage's as well to make effective use of your tools.

Define "walkoff-y." Is simply being hit by a high knockback attack while you're on the platform's edge at low percent a "walkoff-y" kill? Sheik can fair-fish on any stage for a kill, smashville doesn't make a difference, it just means that the stage was currently in a position that favored her offense for a few seconds.

Last edited:

Charey

Smash Apprentice
Define "walkoff-y." Is simply being hit by a high knockback attack while you're on the platform's edge at low percent a "walkoff-y" kill? Sheik can fair-fish on any stage for a kill, smashville doesn't make a difference, it just means that the stage was currently in a position that favored her offense for a few seconds.
Smashville makes a huge difference for Sheik's combo game, while she can always fair to fish the platform lets her combo fairs for longer and put you much closer to the blastzone before comboing into fish making it a kill combo at absurdly low percent.

Kathuzada

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kathuzada
Wait so Ness' Forward Throw at 0 and not his Back Throw? Or was this a mistake

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Ness Fthrow has a set knockback, Bthrow a very low BKB and huge KBG
Incorrect. Forward throw has extremely high base knockback and terrible knock back growth, not set knockback. It has 120 base knockback and 10 growth, while back throw has 15 base and 130 growth.

Top Bottom