• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
To be honest Snake would be perfect as DLC, with an unchanged move set, with Old Snake, Big Boss (Snake Eater), Big Boss (Peace Walker), and Big Boss (MGSV) as alternate costumes, Raiden would be an assist trophy, as well, as music from Peace Walker, Rising: Revengeance, and MGSV

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
To be honest Snake would be perfect as DLC, with an unchanged move set, with Old Snake, Big Boss (Snake Eater), Big Boss (Peace Walker), and Big Boss (MGSV) as alternate costumes, Raiden would be an assist trophy, as well, as music from Peace Walker, Rising: Revengeance, and MGSV
The closest I see us getting to what you said are alt costumes of Snake's Brawl uniform, with a color scheme based off of what you said. Also, with Raiden's inclusion in PS All Stars, I don't see him being an assist. However, we already have an MGS Assist Trophy, Gray Fox. If Snake makes it back as DLC, I think it is safe to presume he will come in a bundle with Shadow Moses Island as a stage and Gray Fox as an assist.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If this is true...

Then I fear Snake's chances are almost nil....

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah that date just makes my internal satire detection mechanism go wild.

What's the actual source of this, as in the original source?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
From what i'm reading, this news could very well be true. That's incredibly unfortunate, because as @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei said, this probably isn't good for Snake's chances. I will always have hope for him coming back, but I'm not too sure at this point.

Let's wait and see for now. No reason to get rash.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm a little confused. Could someone explain what's happeneing and how might affect Snake's chances?

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think it's best if we wait for direct confirmation from the man himself.

Not that his word is much to go by, but it may at least offer some clue into the proceedings.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm a little confused. Could someone explain what's happeneing and how might affect Snake's chances?
Kojima might be leaving Konami after MGS5. Him getting Sakurai to put him the game without working at konami would be a difficult process. If this is true, we can only hope that Nintendo sees getting snake in is profitable and does so. Sucks, honestly.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This sounds legitimate this time, so like cool mario bros, I fear for Snake's chances.

We can only hope for now, unfortunately.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
This not only worries me about snake's chances, but also about the future of metal gear. Konami is going to milk the **** out of metal gear.
It'd be neat if Kojima worked on his next project with nintendo. Wonder what people would say they then.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Anybody think this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise? If nothing else, it may allow Kojima some breathing room to focus on other projects.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Anybody think this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise? If nothing else, it may allow Kojima some breathing room to focus on other projects.
True for kojima it could lead to good things. But for mgs and snake in smash bros it does not bode well.

It still could be a kojima troll, but with something like this they could take a stock hit so i doubt its the case. Really without him, konami has nothing left, it might as well be dead since they arent doing much of anything with the mountain of series they have as a whole. It would make the comment of it being his final metal gear true

Its hard to say right now though, but without him, i dont know if i would want anymore metal gear games that didnt have his touch or influence within them.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Well that was quick.
Apparently, April 1 marks the start of Japan's fiscal year. Shame it lands on a date that holds a lot of satiric meaning to us Westerners...
----
Here's a quote from the statement Konami gave earlier today: "Konami Digital Entertainment (including Mr. Kojima), will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements.”

While those are some reassuring words, Kojima's abrupt absence as an executive officer at Konami is still left unexplained. Given how it's about to be noon in Japan and all of this broke down during their sleeping hours, maybe we'll hear a statement from Kojima's end or more clarification later today.

Even after the whirlwind of news, we all just have to remain entirely optimistic on the matter! It sounds like Kojima is still going to be involved with Konami and Metal Gear to some degree, so I wouldn't say his relations have been entirely severed.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
The closest I see us getting to what you said are alt costumes of Snake's Brawl uniform, with a color scheme based off of what you said. Also, with Raiden's inclusion in PS All Stars, I don't see him being an assist. However, we already have an MGS Assist Trophy, Gray Fox. If Snake makes it back as DLC, I think it is safe to presume he will come in a bundle with Shadow Moses Island as a stage and Gray Fox as an assist.
True, about the PSASBR argument, but if they are to replace Gray Fox, Raiden would be the best choicechoice, and do you like my ideas of representing the newer games?, I meant though that those are alternate skins for Snake,

D

Deleted member

I don't think it has a large effect, the only thing Sakurai has to do is ask Konami instead of Kojima.
Well, it sorta does.

The chain of command is a little smoother when you got the guy who made the franchise supporting the idea and is part of the executive order. And considering Konami lately, I don't think it's for the best when you're losing a key guy that is responsible for helping you remain relevant because Yu-Gi-Oh! is on a downward spiral and Castlevania isn't a viable option anymore thanks to numerous bad remakes.

But, then again, we got Mega Man, and that at the time was described as a miracle. Plus, Kojima might probably end up becoming the new president of Konami and oversee EVERY business decision.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
True, about the PSASBR argument, but if they are to replace Gray Fox, Raiden would be the best choicechoice, and do you like my ideas of representing the newer games?, I meant though that those are alternate skins for Snake,
I like your ideas, but I'm just being realistic. Sure, Villager has alts that are actually different, but I don't think that the same thing would happen for Snake. And while I would love the music you listed, I also doubt they could get Revengeance Tracks along with MGSV Tracks included in the game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
True, about the PSASBR argument, but if they are to replace Gray Fox, Raiden would be the best choice.,
Not really. You could easily replace Gray Fox with, say, a Gekko. Make it as large as Giratina.

And really, Subspace Ridley was probably going to be an Assist Trophy at some point. Wouldn't be hard to make a Gekko Assist Trophy.

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
Am I the only one who finds it suspicious that konami is doing company shuffling on April First of all days?

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/20/konami-and-kojima-release-joint-statement

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain is on track for release on September 1 and Kojima will remain involved up through the game's completion.
Kojima offered a few reassuring words as well, saying, "I am 100% involved and will continue working on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain; I’m determined to make it the greatest game I’ve directed to date"
Looks like kojima and sakurai would have to work out a deal to get snake in in this timeframe, but with kojima being so busy with TPP, I'm worried it won't happen.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, if it's true and he's leaving, at least he's going out with a bang.

He's gonna leave behind one hell of a legacy, whatever else.

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
Well, if it's true and he's leaving, at least he's going out with a bang.

He's gonna leave behind one hell of a legacy, whatever else.
I'm curious for how silent hills will be affected by this, and what future projects kojima will be pursuing. Kojima wants to prove his worth outside of metal gear and explore other genres, probably.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Kojima's a creative film director genius.

I wouldn't worry about what genre he makes since he's wonderfully diverse.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I like your ideas, but I'm just being realistic. Sure, Villager has alts that are actually different, but I don't think that the same thing would happen for Snake. And while I would love the music you listed, I also doubt they could get Revengeance Tracks along with MGSV Tracks included in the game.
Did anyone think we were going to get any MGS4 tracks in Brawl, I think that Raiden would be a good trophy thoughthough, would Ocelot or Metal Gear Ray be good ATs?

Top Bottom