• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Thread

suuuper

Smash Rookie
so who does the louisville crew consist of? i know jiano plays falcon, but who else and what are their mains? i see the list on the first page... you should also include their mains/secondarys... that'd be neat. :)

i've been playing smash for a few months now, i play decent space animals and also falcon, a little bit of marth too. i'd consider fox my main. i have a friend whos just starting to get down techy stuff, and that's basically all i get to play. i'm in powell co, about 45 minutes out of lexington. i've played with cove... but haven't heard from him in a looong time.

just looking for some info on the scene and i dont have aim... not that i wanted to bug any of you for this through aim anyways. :) i'd be down for driving and possibly hosting.

pzzzz

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I've been away for awhile but I'm back with good news. I'm sorta moving to Ashland. This puts me farther away from Lexington, but closer to WV so the guys that where mentioned earlier are free to come by.

Notice how I said "sorta moving", heres whats happenening, for some reason my mom wants to buy a second home in Ashland, while still keeping our current one. So when I'm at home I'm closer to Lexington and can play people there, and when I'm in Ashland I can host some games for the players there. Good for everyone.

suuuper

Smash Rookie
guys. i want to play. bad.

like now.
anyone. seriously. :( i'm willing to drive as far as louisville for a night of smash. not cinci just yet, i'd like to play someone else who knows what they're doing before i go embarass myself else where.

anyone? its just me. and maybe a friend.

aim: chimairatic
msn: jeffdavid-san@hotmail.com

also... post your myspace? mines
http://www.myspace.com/superdavidson

add me

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
i still want to do thursday nite smashfests.

it doesnt seem like anyone else wants to tho... if i get some people who are willing to say they will be there next thursday (1/25) then i will set it up

EDIT::::::::::
there WILL be a smashfest at UofL on thursday tje 25th.

i encourage as many people as possible to show up!

suuuper

Smash Rookie
well. i tried all to hell to get off for friday, so i could come to the fest thursday night. the thing is i get off at like 1:30p on the day of the fest, and you guys start playing around, what.. 8p as the first page says? i live about 1.5/2 hours away from louisville, and i have to be at work 7am friday morning.

i can start asking off work if i know ahead of time, or if the fests become regular. other than that... anyone wanna play this weekend? i'm free any this weekend.

Megachuk

Smash Ace
I'm bumping this thread cuz no one in KY plays smash... I've already go to FNL, Cinci-bi weeklies(when I can), but there's like no tournies in KY. I've always gotta drive to columbus or wait for a GJ tournament. Where's the dedication people?

wangston

Smash Lord
Some of my friends were up in Lexington and they said there was going to be tournament this weekend. They said it was going to be on the UK campus or something idk or maybe that is they heard about it, they were on a collage visit.

Gorgapor

Smash Rookie
Most of us are in and around Louisville, but if you look at the first post of the thread, there are a couple people listed from Lexington. We're always happy to have new people to play.

Cove

Smash Rookie
Weekly Lexington smashfests most Saturdays starting March 3rd. 1610 Nicholasville Rd. Apt 4. 3 blocks down from UK, 2 blocks from Central Baptist Hospital. White building on corner of block. Sometimes will start at 12, some 3 depending on my schedule. One on 3rd will start at 3. Need some set ups, feel free tobring if able. Can hit me up on cell (248) 225-5759, pm or just post here if you plan on coming, already got a few people who will be here.

N

NERD_Link

I'll be there nub. 30$$ MM with the famous Marth everyone in NC told me about. Lets try to get about 8-9 gamers out there, I'll call a few people to come with me. So count in 3 people who will be there this Saturday.

Correction: I go on to say I will own any nub that shows up, even you nubs who will be afraid to MM.

Cove

Smash Rookie
If any need to come to this later in the day don't worry about it, a few guys will need to anyway and a couple of us will be playing through into sunday. So all will definately get some decent smash time in.

I'll be rdy for those mm's from you and your crew NL, we need to up ours a bit tho since you sound so confident nub

Sliq

Smash Master
Just to make an announcement, near the middle/end of March I will be moving to Lexington for my co-op job. That is all.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
Im glad you changed your sig and all but how long are u gunna be down there and are u gunna come up to louisville, were like 45 minutes away

Sliq

Smash Master
Im glad you changed your sig and all but how long are u gunna be down there and are u gunna come up to louisville, were like 45 minutes away
I actually didn't change my sig...it just stopped showing up...and I don't know how to fix it.

I'll probably be down in Lexington from March until late May/early June. Although I'll probably not be in Lexington during the weekends.

Edit: Hey my sig is magically back again....wth is going on?

Cove

Smash Rookie
Pretty good turnout last weekend for first go, had 7 people by 9, smashfest this Sat. going to start at 12est, hopefully can get everyone here early around same time this weekend. Also, I got work early this Sunday, I don't mind people coming over later in day, but not going to play through Sunday this time, probally will be looking to end at about 11-12. Where were you at btw jeff/chris!

Good peach btw chargeshot, should have stayed couple more hours tho

Nice matches NL, I look forward to more 30$ mm's from you

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
So bull i can never actually play you guys cause im in school at KSU in frankfort but when i can i'll try to make one of the 8pm UoL matches and bring about 2-4 friends w/ me

Cove

Smash Rookie
Lexington smashfest at 12 again this sat. Will go late again if enough can stay. Good 2vs2 matches jeff/chris.
Nice falcon suuuper, see uve been practicing up
Bring cubes/ setups if able

Sliq

Smash Master
Lexington smashfest at 12 again this sat. Will go late again if enough can stay. Good 2vs2 matches jeff/chris.
Nice falcon suuuper, see uve been practicing up
Bring cubes/ setups if able
You'll have to keep these going, seeing as how I will be in Lexington for Co-op come spring quarter (i.e. March 26.)

WILLICKERS!!!

Cove

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Lexington smashfest every sat at 1610 Nicholasville Rd. Apt 4. 3 blocks down from UK headed toward central baptist hospital. Been real nice turnouts at them all, should be even better at this one so good one to try and make it out to.

Don't forget cubes/ setups

Cove

Smash Rookie
Smashfest canceled for this weekend btw, will happen on next tho. Good turnout at last btw, nice matches from your crew kajitora

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
yeah we got:
Kajitora- me/peach
Ghettoman- light skin dude/fox,marth
Riddlez-Short dark dude w/ hat/falco
Big John- tall dude/Samus
Smiley- white guy/Jigglypuff,fox

Top Bottom