• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Smash Championship!!!! Parallel Worlds... - December 14th, 2013 - Louisville, Ky

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Actually I just realized, if Mango comes to this you might have to put a restriction on who comes from out of state.

The venue at the very most can hold 45 people reasonably, if we're expecting around 40 something people without mango coming, his being there will increase peoples desire to come by a ton. I'm thinking like 55-65 people, which is physically impossible for that tiny amount of space.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Pat im glad we havent left this tourney in your hands because we prolly would of already had to cancel it already if 50 ppl show up weve got the whole rest of the store wouldnt be a big deal but 55 ppl wont show up

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
You haven't seen the venue we used for the Kakuna Matata series but GOD was it too small and man did we push the boundaries. Sixty can fit in the Parallel Worlds venue, definitely. If it comes to that I'll definitely be trying to get you guys to let me help and coordinate things as much as possible, as well as any other TOs that have experience in that sort of thing. Trust me, that wouldn't be a problem at all. And what better way to learn than jumping in the deep end.

That said, last time I saw Mango he broke our door. For all I care he can stay in Ohio, haha.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Kelly, Pat helped me out a lot last tourney with the TO thing. We all gotta TO this thing as a team.. I am prob gonna skip playing PM if this one is any bigger than the last tourney, which I expect it to be.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Kelly, Pat helped me out a lot last tourney with the TO thing. We all gotta TO this thing as a team.. I am prob gonna skip playing PM if this one is any bigger than the last tourney, which I expect it to be.
It's true that Pat's opinions are **** though lol

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
You haven't seen the venue we used for the Kakuna Matata series but GOD was it too small and man did we push the boundaries. Sixty can fit in the Parallel Worlds venue, definitely. If it comes to that I'll definitely be trying to get you guys to let me help and coordinate things as much as possible, as well as any other TOs that have experience in that sort of thing. Trust me, that wouldn't be a problem at all. And what better way to learn than jumping in the deep end.

That said, last time I saw Mango he broke our door. For all I care he can stay in Ohio, haha.

I honestly don't think 55+ people would fit comfortably. For the most part the owner wanted us to keep in the back, especially during the day. And with the way it was set up last time I don't think you would have to skip doubles and possibly PM singles as well if we had brackets to accommodate 60 or so people. We'll run a check of the venue on the 2nd and check the maximum amount of TVs /setups we can have, and we'll try and plan out a good table layout so we can give people some breathing room while they're waiting. If we can figure out a good way to structure the play area and fit one or two more setups in I think you could swing all of the singles brackets with around 60 people reasonably.Though if not you guys would be boned permitting mango, or just a ton of out of state homies, showed up lol

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I honestly don't think 55+ people would fit comfortably. For the most part the owner wanted us to keep in the back, especially during the day. And with the way it was set up last time I don't think you would have to skip doubles and possibly PM singles as well if we had brackets to accommodate 60 or so people. We'll run a check of the venue on the 2nd and check the maximum amount of TVs /setups we can have, and we'll try and plan out a good table layout so we can give people some breathing room while they're waiting. If we can figure out a good way to structure the play area and fit one or two more setups in I think you could swing all of the singles brackets with around 60 people reasonably.Though if not you guys would be boned permitting mango, or just a ton of out of state homies, showed up lol
The key part is how it was set up last time and how it can be set up ideally. Power strip availability, walking room, space taken up by tables vs TV. Chair setup during singles and how it can be modified for doubles.

The first thing I notice when I go to another TO's tournament is how they could better optimize space. And if I have my way, if the TO gives me full reign to make the most out of our space and time, I'll be damned if someone finds system I missed where more TVs can fit efficiently. Fifty would be no problem. Sixty, yeah, would be pushing it, but it'll still work. Wouldn't be the most comfortable thing in the world, but damn would it be a good tournament.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Speak for yourself and stop down talking our community
And you are being unrealistic. There's nothing negative about him being a father ffs. And get off the other dude's ass for speaking the truth. You sound like you need a reality check brah.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, Patrick's hardly being negative. He's probably looking at things more realistically than any of us, to be honest. Just instead of thinking "screw that, we'll do it anyways", approaching it as "okay, maybe so, but here's how we can make this work", is a much better way to make sure this tournament doesn't blow up in anyone's face.

Because it can.

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
Dudes, we just need to chill, whatever happens happens, if Mango comes, then I'll Ness ditto him so I can see his Ness, if not then oh well.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Ok everybody just sbow up and lets see what happens on another note just got done playing 3 hours straight against jiano and dude is a beast and hasnt played in years

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
And you are being unrealistic. There's nothing negative about him being a father ffs. And get off the other dude's *** for speaking the truth. You sound like you need a reality check brah.
Kodey wasn't calling Patrick out because of his comment on mango being a father or us wanting him at our tournament . He called Patrick out for calling our community ****. You sound like you need a reading comprehension check brah.

Btw Hilt, thank you for all the input :) your a huge help towards kicking this off as an actual series of bimonthly tournaments.

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
The key part is how it was set up last time and how it can be set up ideally. Power strip availability, walking room, space taken up by tables vs TV. Chair setup during singles and how it can be modified for doubles.

The first thing I notice when I go to another TO's tournament is how they could better optimize space. And if I have my way, if the TO gives me full reign to make the most out of our space and time, I'll be damned if someone finds system I missed where more TVs can fit efficiently. Fifty would be no problem. Sixty, yeah, would be pushing it, but it'll still work. Wouldn't be the most comfortable thing in the world, but damn would it be a good tournament.
Yeah last time we didn't have a whole lot of time to prep the room before a good amount of people showed up lol

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
It's true that Pat's opinions are **** though lol
Thems be fightin words *****

Kodey wasn't calling Patrick out because of his comment on mango being a father or us wanting him at our tournament . He called Patrick out for calling our community ****. You sound like you need a reading comprehension check brah.

Btw Hilt, thank you for all the input :) your a huge help towards kicking this off as an actual series of bimonthly tournaments.
The only reason our scene is **** is because it's so small, no one could honestly say KY has a good scene for melee lol. It takes us like 4 hours to get to the closest regional or national and the 4 of us and Jiano are like the only people that are considered good enough to be much of a showing at regionals. I'm proud that we've been able to make use of who we have, and turn it into one of the better scenes in the tristate area; as well as inspire other states to get their old crews together and whatever. But our whole area is still pretty basic compared to the coasts.

Also don't say 'brah' jesus christ you're a tool

I know, I was joking.
Poor Amida's jokes always go under the radar..

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
And you are being unrealistic. There's nothing negative about him being a father ffs. And get off the other dude's *** for speaking the truth. You sound like you need a reality check brah.
Hey "brah", why don't you chill the **** out an don't speak on s*** you don't even know what you're talking about. Pat is a good friend of mine and 99% positive he knows I'm kidding. Get lost Nancy!

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Thems be fightin words *****

The only reason our scene is **** is because it's so small, no one could honestly say KY has a good scene for melee lol. It takes us like 4 hours to get to the closest regional or national and the 4 of us and Jiano are like the only people that are considered good enough to be much of a showing at regionals. I'm proud that we've been able to make use of who we have, and turn it into one of the better scenes in the tristate area; as well as inspire other states to get their old crews together and whatever. But our whole area is still pretty basic compared to the coasts.

Also don't say 'brah' jesus christ you're a tool

Poor Amida's jokes always go under the radar..
Your reading comprehension is bad too. Go look at why I said brah :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Sike Lance is coming idk if I can win Melee now

edit: Wait Jiano is coming so my best placing was gonna be 2nd anyways LOL

hum diddly um now it's 3rd

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Your reading comprehension is bad too. Go look at why I said brah :)
I saw that you said it sarcastically, which makes you a tool, you ****ing piece of **** ***** I swear to god you wanna go I swear on my life you and me m8 1 on 1 mono e mono 2 man go in one come out fight to the finish battle to the death hunger games part 2 vader vs skywalker

Top Bottom