• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Smash 4 Mentoring Project (Surrounding areas included)

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I'm KERO. I've been a part of the Kentucky Smash Community for five years now. I started back when I was thirteen and Brawl was new and fresh, and amazingly, I'm still here today. A big part of that has to do with a fellow Brawl Olimar main, Hilt, acting as a mentor toward me. With Smash 4 here, we expect an influx of new people interested in the competitive community, and we want to help them stick around. Additionally, in Brawl's twilight days, we had some people interested in the scene, but we were so far ahead of them that they lost badly and had no one to really turn to to ask, "Why?" While with Smash 4, we are technically starting back on the same level plane, our years of experience still give us a significant advantage over newcomers.

Thus, I devised this project. Right now, we have five mentors ready to help get newcomers involved in the community, get better at general Smash mechanics, and succeed in their competitive Smash career. These mentors are KERO, Ralph Cecil, Shadow Phoenix, Twig, and DtJ Stew (S2). We do expect to receive more applications in the future. Now, here's the fun part. I'm going to upload the documents detailing several things about each mentor. There will be a mentee application also uploaded that you are to fill out if you are interested. I'll go ahead and keep track of how many slots are left for each mentor in the OP. Once you pick a mentor and fill a form out, please E-mail me at keroward@gmail.com and contact your mentor. Anyway, I hope everyone is able to find a mentor that suits them!

Here is the link to the Dropbox folders with the applications as well as an FAQ. If you have any questions that aren't covered in the FAQ, feel free to ask me.

Application Link

(Right click and click "Save As" to save the individual documents to your device.)

Mentors
KERO:
1. Son-in-Law

Ralph Cecil:
1. Son-in-Law
(No limit on number of mentees)

Shadow Phoenix:

Twig:
1. Corngamer

DtJ Stew:

Once again newcomers, I welcome all of you to our Super Smash Bros. 4 community. I hope that every one of you is able to find a place in our community.

Unit583

Smash Rookie
NNID
protoman64
I'd love to do this, but I have no clue who to pick. Can I just E-Mail my application to you and then you can decide who's best?

Tikbarb

Smash Rookie
I've sent my emails to you and to my preferred mentor. Waiting for your response!

Top Bottom