• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken Combo Setups and Practice

JackRussell

TheCrisp
I'm trying to practice Ken combos but I can't find any good setups that put someone in a good position for it...
Are there any really good Ken Combo setups or is it just kind of improvised? Thanks!

Last edited:

1MachGO

Smash Ace
I'd say it is often improvised since %, DI, and positioning all play a role. Ken combo isn't BnB like waveshines, pillars, throw follow ups, etc.

With that said, there are some situational ken combos which are probably worth practicing even if they aren't always reliable. Uthrow/utilt can set up ken combos vs. Fox/Falco against poor DI as does fthrow vs. Marth and Peach.

JackRussell

TheCrisp
I'd say it is often improvised since %, DI, and positioning all play a role. Ken combo isn't BnB like waveshines, pillars, throw follow ups, etc.

With that said, there are some situational ken combos which are probably worth practicing even if they aren't always reliable. Uthrow/utilt can set up ken combos vs. Fox/Falco against poor DI as does fthrow vs. Marth and Peach.
Awesome thanks. I'm not as much looking for setups for matches as much as good ways to set up a CPU so that I can practice the positioning and stuff.

Cringe

Smash Rookie
What helped me was trying to ken combo peach. She's light and and floaty and makes it a lot easier to practice. As said above its more of a spur of the moment thing. But another way I practiced was just fairing into a dair on stage to get used to the timing and once you can do it on stage to most of the characters try doing it off stage.

AirFair

Marth tho
Mewtwo is the easiest character to spike as a CPU, so practice the spacing of the Dair on his CPU.
As mentioned above, Uthrow/tilt on spacies, Fthrow on floaties, and I think a well spaced Dash Attack can lead into it as well. You can also string together fairs, it looks pretty cool.

Top Bottom