• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Keeps sending me back to the Wii Menu.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I go to Stage Builder, Project M gives me the option to Play, but when I do, it sends me back to the Wii Menu. What am I missing?

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
are you pressing the start button? hit the A button, not start. If you hit start, for some reason it loops back to the wii menu. A makes it work properly.

BelitZ

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-7623-2393
I am having the same problem, I press A with the wiimote and it still does not work. Project M loads fine every time on the stage builder, I can update through the launcher, exit, etc. When I press the play button through the project M launcher screen it always resets my wii.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
maybe its an error with the wii mote? try a GC controller. If that doesnt work, I would just re download everything, and if it still persists after that, then try to contact a dev or something.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I've tried the GC controller. I'm wondering if I missed downloading a file or something. I still want to use the hackless version, but if it doesn't work, should I just start back from square one and get homebrew?

iX_Martyr_Xi

Smash Rookie
I had this problem as well, but through a friend, I found a possible solution.
Back up your data/version(if you have customized content) than clear your SD card and make sure nothing is on it. Than, right click your SD card location, then click "Format". Make sure it is on "Full Format"(if possible) and not "Quick Format"(if possible) and then format the SD card. This will improve your SD card's capabilities, especially when you have a lot of customized content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom