• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Keep 'em Off The Ship co-op

pmort

Smash Cadet
Alright, gonna have to ask how any of you all pulled this one off. We've been at this for SIX HOURS over several days and cannot clear it on Hard (or even anything else, but...the reward). Easily becoming the hardest thing in the game from my POV. Cleared all other events + their reward conditions (yes, even ultimate battle on hard and the one against the MGWs with Ganondorf, Palutena in 80 seconds), but this one has been a massive PITA.

They become too split up or Fox & Falco just become far too unwieldy. Resorting to c stick flicks, u airs to intercept, & u specials to catch ones who are coming, but it still isn't enough.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Are you using customizations? I did the solo event much more easily with attack buffs and (perhaps more importantly) a moon launcher badge.

pmort

Smash Cadet
I tried a few customs but didn't really see any difference. I beat the single player one a while ago, but this one is significantly harder.

pmort

Smash Cadet
Success. No trickery, just got it down after, oh, 300 tries give or take. Blows my mind how much harder this one was than the other co op events, especially given how early you come up on it. Even Ultimate Battle took us 3 tries tops.

With that, I'm down to just 3 headgear items until I have this game 100% (or at least what I consider 100%, which includes all trophies, the sole remaining one coming from the headgear challenge), which, judging by the rate I've been getting them, I'll get there in about 6 months.

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Honestly it comes down to practice with Fox's and Falco's aerials, or at least Fox's kill moves.
Falco is easier to use here because his Bair and Uair are pretty fast to come out and end, and combined with his jump height assuming you position yourself properly you can take most of them out easily.
I did it on hard by playing as Falco while my sister ran around the bottom Usmashing or juggling any G&Ws that got too close.
It worked pretty effectively.

Top Bottom