• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kapedani's PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.1 (feat. 700 Stages, Retro Mode, cBliss & more!) [22/01/2016]

Omega Mad Dawg

Smash Rookie
My sd card couldn't read anything and when I deleted those files you said to delete, it just loads brawl after I select play. Help please

Slasher115

Smash Rookie
How can i make all of these stages show up on another build? Only a portion of them show up and some of the button combinations dont work, ive moved over selmap, selcharacter2, the .rels, the brstms and all of the stage files. What am i doing wrong?

Flash1Lucky

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1633-4328-8010
Hey, I have a question about creating custom builds. On the screen after the title screen, your build says in white letters on a black background "Kapedanis' 3.6 Build Version 2.1." I want to change those words for my build but haven't been able to find anything telling me how to, would you mind telling me how to change those words to say something else?

medicon

Smash Rookie
Trying to use PMPE and the lower half of the CSS aint working. I can't even change P1 or P2 to cpu of off and change tags. Any way to fix that?

PikaPantz

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrmMchnMV
3DS FC
1203-9335-0216
Switch FC
SW 1142 5328 9328
Kapedani X Patt Edition
-
All the features of Homebrew/Hackless but with PMPE's Characters and Character Selection Screen from V.3.01-11
Is there a way to remove PMPE's Characters but keep the Patt CSS?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Slasher115 Slasher115 brstms aren't an essential part of a stage. You don't need to move them. Also, I'll be able to help you better if you tell me which build you are moving these stages to.
Flash1Lucky Flash1Lucky http://smashboards.com/threads/theytahs-mod-school.356063/ This thread might have what you want.
medicon medicon If you haven't messed around with any of this build's files, then the build probably got corrupted while downloading. Re-download the build and try again.
PikaPantz PikaPantz What do you mean by characters? Are you referring to the character skins?

medicon

Smash Rookie
Panudroid Panudroid Nope, not working. I suspect it is because the default menu won't let you bring the selection token lower. Just a guess.

PikaPantz

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrmMchnMV
3DS FC
1203-9335-0216
Switch FC
SW 1142 5328 9328
Slasher115 Slasher115 brstms aren't an essential part of a stage. You don't need to move them. Also, I'll be able to help you better if you tell me which build you are moving these stages to.
Flash1Lucky Flash1Lucky http://smashboards.com/threads/theytahs-mod-school.356063/ This thread might have what you want.
medicon medicon If you haven't messed around with any of this build's files, then the build probably got corrupted while downloading. Re-download the build and try again.
PikaPantz PikaPantz What do you mean by characters? Are you referring to the character skins?
Yes, the one's added in Patt's build, I just want the CSS.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
PikaPantz PikaPantz If you just want Kapedani's CSS in your build, just copy the sc_selcharacter.pac in Kapedani's build into yours. To get rid of the Kapedani CSPs, open the sc_selcharacter.pac in Kapedani's build with BBox and replace "char_bust_tex_lz77" with the "char_bust_tex_lz77" in your build.

medicon medicon no clue. I have never heard of such a problem.

Last edited:

PikaPantz

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrmMchnMV
3DS FC
1203-9335-0216
Switch FC
SW 1142 5328 9328
PikaPantz PikaPantz If you just want Kapedani's CSS in your build, just copy the sc_selcharacter.pac in Kapedani's build into yours. To get rid of the Kapedani CSPs, open the sc_selcharacter.pac in Kapedani's build with BBox and replace "char_bust_tex_lz77" with the "char_bust_tex_lz77" in your build.

medicon medicon no clue. I have never heard of such a problem.

Thanks!

itsjojotime

Smash Rookie
I noticed that when I was playing Kapedani x Patt edition, that most of the costumes were fine. However, I noticed that some of the CSP's didn't match up right with the character that you play as. Like Chao over Mario for example, I wasn't be playing as a Chao, but a black Dr. Mario. It even had the correct Chao CSP and BP, but I wasn't playing as him. The same happened with some other costumes. How do I fix this?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I itsjojotime for that, you will need to go to projectm/pf/fighter/Mario and open up the costumes in brawlbox(to check which costume is which) and switch them around.

Eg: say fitmario05.pac and fitmario05.pcs contain the Chao's model and fitmario06.pac and fitmario06.pcs contain dark Mario's model. You need to switch around the names of these files. (fitmario05.pac is renamed fitmario06.pac and vice versa. Do the same for the .pcs files)

AstraT/CoCo

Smash Rookie
I have a problem, so if any one could help, it would be much appreciated!

I'm loading brawl from a hard drive using cfg usb loader, and I put the build of project m on here too. I have enabled ocarina cheats with my hook as vbi. The problem is that when I try loading the game, it says that there are too many codes, and the problem isn't that I don't have the gameconfig.txt file, because I do. The problem is it starts listing three folders it's looking for the RSBE01.gct file: usb:\codes\RSBE01.gct, usb:\usb-loader\codes\RSBE01.gct, and usb:\data\gecko\codes\RSBE01.gct. And after it lists those it says too many codes, then just loads brawl. I think I have to get rid of two of the GCT folders, but I don't know how to access them. PLEASE HELP

AstraT/CoCo

Smash Rookie
I have a problem, so if any one could help, it would be much appreciated!

I'm loading brawl from a hard drive using cfg usb loader, and I put the build of project m on here too. I have enabled ocarina cheats with my hook as vbi. The problem is that when I try loading the game, it says that there are too many codes, and the problem isn't that I don't have the gameconfig.txt file, because I do. The problem is it starts listing three folders it's looking for the RSBE01.gct file: usb:\codes\RSBE01.gct, usb:\usb-loader\codes\RSBE01.gct, and usb:\data\gecko\codes\RSBE01.gct. And after it lists those it says too many codes, then just loads brawl. I think I have to get rid of two of the GCT folders, but I don't know how to access them. PLEASE HELP
Ok, I fixed the whole multi codes problem by deleting my roots codes folder that the build gives to you. But now all it says is "Too many codes." What do I do????

dawdge

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3131-7304
I don't know if it's just mine or everyone else's as well, but when I choose raichu his eyes are surrounded in a black area like a raccoon.

is there a costume number list so that we know how to replace it before you make your next update? Otherwise it's not a big deal.

dawdge

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3131-7304
nice build btw I like how the new costumes/characters are still related to the original character and there aren't any pokemon over mario characters or things like that.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
I have a question Kapedani (or anyone who can help), do you or anyone else have the original/source files/textures for the Stage Select Screen? Specifically the Stage Previews/Stage Banner textures in HD (the one with all the super low resolution alt stages visible)?

If so could you please be so kind to provide a pack of them for those playing in dolphin to be able to load them as custom textures? most of us are playing at 1080p and those textures being in HD would be a godsend to figuring out which alt stage we want to load. Thanks for reading!

If you need any help on my end I can dump the current low-res versions so you know which textures to replace in high res. :)

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
I finally finished making the stage previews for the Homebrew Edition! :)
Homebrew Stage Previews
The stage count for the Homebrew edition has increased to 550+ Stages.

Note that the previews in game won't be high quality due to Wii Limitations, but I may make a specialized Dolphin Edition that would have higher resolutions for the stage previews.
Special thanks to the PMXP team for their templates!
okay so I just found this post where you said you might make a version with Higher resolution stage previews, well I have good news. You dont actually need to make an ENTIRELY new version for us to be able to load the high res stage preview textures on Dolphin!

All you have to do it provide us with HD versions of the stage previews for 2.1 (theres a link for the 2.0, not 2.1 stage previews in your OP) in .dds or .png format exactly named to match the low quality stage preview textures dumped from dolphin, you can even dump the low quality textures yourself using Dolphins Texture Dump feature, and all we do is place all the properly named new stage previews in the C:\Users\*****\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\Textures\00000000\ in any sub-folder (as long as the file is named properly) and the game will automatically load them in when we enable "Load Custom Textures" in dolphin.

You would need to use a v2.1 version of your original stage Previews (because we only have access to the v2.0 ones from your link in the Original Post, found here http://imgur.com/a/ZQcoZ) as a base for the dolphin high res versions.

Here is a thread on the dolphin custom texture feature if you need help https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-dolphin-custom-textures-info

EDIT: UPDATE 1
So I dumped all the low res stage textures from the Kapedani 2.1 Dolphin version SSS textures to media fire for your convenience in renaming them: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e5c9uct89hu0xbw/Kapedani+2.1+SSS+dumped+form+Dolphin.zip

AND I DID A TEST with one of your v2.0 previews (from the OP) and... here's my result by just renaming the .png you provided to match the same dumped texture and dropping it into the proper folder:

old:

New:

ALL I need now are the rest of your original high resolution SSS Stage textures for v2.1 (like stage previews...stage names and stage icons) and I will gladly rename them properly and so you can then share the texture pack with instructions on how to use it in Dolphin! :D

Note some of the other textures in my "new" preview pic are in high resolution due to a PM 3.6 high resolution texture pack I'm using, it works but only partially because your mod renamed some of the textures and they need to be renamed to match the new texture names buy just dumping the low res ones and renaming them. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-super-smash-bros-hd-retexture-project-v4-0-3-august-2015

EDIT UPDATE 2:

So I tried renaming more of the 2.1 stage previews you linked to imgur from the OP and I realized that those stage previews are actually out of date (they are previews for v2.0)... for example skyworld's alt stage preview there doesnt match the skyword preview/stages in the 2.1... would you please be able to provide the final updated copy of the HD stage previews please? Thanks!

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Kapedani's been offline for quite some time now. It's better if you ask someone else/do it yourself. IIRC, he downloaded the SSS off of brawlvault. If so, all you'll need to do is find the entry and hope that the creator of the SSS is still active.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hope Kapedani comes back soon, but if not I understand. Really cool of him to reference my project though, and this pack is really high quality. Honoured by the mention.

Last edited:

Snakengp007

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new to the PM Custom build scene, and I've already downloaded the home-brew version of this mudpack.
The skins, character voice additions, and music is all amazing, but i still have trouble with one thing:
Stage select

there are so many goddamn stages, and i bet they are all amazing, but i can only get the normal and L-version stages to load...
anyone got any tips? when you push y, it bans all the non-legal maps, and x will ban the map that id try to load!
any help appreciated!

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
Hey guys, I'm new to the PM Custom build scene, and I've already downloaded the home-brew version of this mudpack.
The skins, character voice additions, and music is all amazing, but i still have trouble with one thing:
Stage select

there are so many goddamn stages, and i bet they are all amazing, but i can only get the normal and L-version stages to load...
anyone got any tips? when you push y, it bans all the non-legal maps, and x will ban the map that id try to load!
any help appreciated!
While holding x or y, tap z and it will reset the bans

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
is there a way to fix the random stage select? because I keep getting a lot of stages that are not worth playing / i only wanna bu ton legal stages

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
hey guys, is Kapedani not around here anymore?
cause I wrote him and if he doesn´t respond, I might ask you the same question.

why is the asl so sensible? I tried to edit the vanilla pm gct several times, but without success... some stages just won´t allow me to put alternates over them and thank me with freezing. and he and others did 400+ stages. how did he get that working??? I tried even to edit his file but then, suddenly the same **** happens! brinstar, halberd, norfair, shadow moses, luigi´s mansion e.g. are glitching around when, or better if an alternate stage slot is working. they load wrong collisions from the stage, or they just freeze on sss when an L or Z variante is selected. -.-

and before the suggestion of just taking his normal gct and put my stuff over it, I just wanted to say that I´ve already prepared all the selmap pics with alternates and combo buttons of my own. so doing that again will cost a lot of time and work....

any help here? would be great! :)

c9Heateos

Smash Rookie
for some reason I cant start a match on vs. My game just freezes not sure why. pls help

DanielPBak

Smash Rookie
I cannot get this to work. I follow the instructions exactly, but I get the following error:

It initially just boots to a gecko screen, instead of kapedani's build. When I hit "launch game", I get "Tried to reload a title that was not in your NAND dump".

I will paypal transfer $50 to anyone that can solve this problem. I've already spent 4 hours trying to fix this and would rather it just go away.

Furthermore, the RSBE01 (Custom).wbfs file has the incorrect size, even though the source .iso has the correct size.

Top Bottom