• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Uli

Smash Champion
just some funny things i stumbled across...

--------

Snake: What's with this guy? He keeps screaming about drills or something...

Col: That's Lord Kamina, Snake. He's the leader of the Gurren Brigade. He also owns a giant robot named "Gurren".

Snake: He sure does like the word Gurren. Wait, a giant robot? Like Metal Gear?

Col: Not exactly. This robot combines with a smaller robot called Lagann, and is fueled by its pilots' fighting spirit.

Snake: Fighting spirit?! That's impossible! It's unreasonable!

Col: Kamina goes beyond the impossible and kicks reason to the curb, Snake.

Snake: What does that even mean?!
hahaha thats too good

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Lol i love the show House. He should be in the next game. b-talk-kills people with insults. side b- whck with cain. up-b-cane turns into a pogo stick and launches him up. down-b-pulls out gameboy. same effect as jigglypuff's rest- kills if too close, then he just plays his gameboy for a few seconds. final smash- pops a vicodin. 20 second invincibilty. Dr. House FTW

MprisM

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this is a basic game mechanic thing or not, but I found a really stupid trick.
Some characters can d-tilt then turn around while still ducking. Just hold the opposite direction while the d-tilt is out. After the attack, you will be facing the other direction. Samus, Mario, Pit, Dedede, Sheik, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ike, Yoshi, Wolf, Ness, and Olimar can't do this.
This might be an odd buffering thing, but you can't switch direction while ducking normally. It has no advantages, since d-tilts always are in front.
BPS you are now my favorite person on the boards. Maybe not in real life, but you really nailed it here bud.

I first read this and was like, "What a dumb post."

But now, I have boners popping all over the place.

It's a RAR from a dtilt launch, how epic is this?

I might give you a dollar next time we meet. This also explains why ZSS can double bair but the first bair is too high to connect.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
have you noticed that about half of the patients that House diagnoses end up with kidney failure? Its like kidneys are a dime a dozen.
yeah they like their kidneys. and any diagnosis not in the last 10 minutes or so is incorrect. sorry if that spoils every show, forever.

What is a gamebattle smasher?

dmac

Smash Champion
remember if anyone is going up today for their first time, go down the long driveway to the back of the house and its in the basement

call me at 785-760-2942 if you get lost or something

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
will anyone from the bario let me know if paradox and i can come by after the gamestop tourne? my girl is goin shoppin with her friends and dox n i rather get some smashing in yaaaaaaaaa mean..

DrSalvador

Smash Cadet
barrio was a great time. Everyone I met there was pretty chill. I'll definitely be back in a couple weeks. Wish I could go next week too.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
will anyone from the bario let me know if paradox and i can come by after the gamestop tourne? my girl is goin shoppin with her friends and dox n i rather get some smashing in yaaaaaaaaa mean..
noone from wichita are allowed! they are hackers and cheaters! especially prism... seriously, with items turned off, he STILL manages to get items into the game.

lol of course you can come.

darkrain

Smash Ace
@Ninja: Yeah that would be tight, I'm about 25 mins away from Zona Rosa, it'd be cool to play you two again and you can let me know how the tournament turns out.

If you need my address or phone # let me know, you should be able to find the address a couple pages back though.

Secks.

Smash Ace
Yosh made third round of that gamestop tourny im going with him to KC for that tourny in Zona Rosa, you guys should came to that FFC tourny in Omaha very good pay out we had nearly 54 people enter singles and such. Me and Yosh got second in teams we won a fairly good amount and a bunch of FFC dolllars. Too good :)

Xion DarkRose

Smash Apprentice
Funny, the day that I decided to randomly drop in is the day that some of the Wichita crew stop by.

AttackStorm, I didn't notice you at first yo.. You look ALOT older now... Mabye it was just the glasses? O_o

Anyways, Good matches to everyone I played. I'm gonna be doing some refining on my Sonic. *Grins*

dan smith

Smash Champion
Yo, DarkRose...how the heck do you type through all of that code?

Good tournament, pointed out some areas of need improvement in my D3 game.

CFMV

"The Marf"
if paradox is coming with you, make sure he brings a pen and some paper. wouldnt want to leave without that win/loss count.

dmac

Smash Champion
i think our maximum comfortable wii amount is 5 for singles and 4 for teams. if we get too many people like we did last week its pretty **** uncomfortable to get around, so many people kinda just standing around. i'm not complaining about the amount of people, its awesome that we can get that many, but its pretty jam packed lolz

Jesi

Smash Ace
yayyy welcome back! We missed you last weekend. While david and i were cleaning up the left over bottles and glasses and well cups...

Jesi: Hey, Nick wasn't here this weekend...
David: hm?
Jesi: Cups, I think he was out of town or something.
David: But Jesi, there are plenty of cups around... [stuffs drink ware into trash bag]
Jesi: TEE HEE!

real conversation, swear to god.

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
oh yeah lightrain or noisymars i need one of your numbers just encase we get lost or somethin...i doubt we will but just in case.

i should stop double posting and just edit....never thought about it till know

.....ahem ahem....now*

ParadoxRyk

Smash Cadet
if paradox is coming with you, make sure he brings a pen and some paper. wouldnt want to leave without that win/loss count.
I stopped counting matches and started counting ppl.
... I'm at 25 - 0 :chuckle:

Jk, I'm done with that tally crap, it got old fast.

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
jturley are you located in wichita or kc? we really need to play cause i look like a blind 2 year old with no arms tryna play online with no tv with all that lag. lol theres no point in even gettin upset online, anyways when ever you wanna hook up for a local fight im down. f ur in kc ill be there on sat.

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
yeah, hopfully ill do better then sd'n tryin to get a banana at 0 percent lol

i cant go to that party ill be in the gs tourne....i think that gs is in zona rosa though....what party is it?

Top Bottom