• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

ParadoxRyk

Smash Cadet
Darn skippy!

PDOX5: Tools of the Patriots

I'm going to bed now, I'm so tired.

1v1 (as of 3/13):
51-4

(Good job Nynja & AttackStorm... 2 each)

dmac

Smash Champion
my **** is 10 inches long and i have a 99-1 record in pleasing women and a 106-0 record in pleasing men. who wants to get bucked?

darkrain

Smash Ace
What they mean is we've been getting together and playing melee in KC for almost 3 years and a lot of the guys posting never showed any interest in the community then, but now that brawl is out there are KC smashers appearing all over the place.

Not that its a big deal and its completely understandable. When a ****ing amazing brand new game comes out there is going to be a lot of people wanting to get into it. So, stop being douchebags just because you've been here a couple months (or years) longer than some of the new guys.

Also, I encourage all the new guys to come to barrio smash on Saturdays since laggy online games are fun but they really aren't a substitute for playing games in person and chillin with friends. I'll post the address if anyone new wants to come by this saturday. We'll have at least 4 setups, possibly 5 and we'll play a bunch of friendly matches and do a few singles/doubles tourneys, should be good times.

dmac

Smash Champion
hey i'm all for new people. i was just making a comment on the guy that drops in only to post his daily tally of online match results like its a cack measuring contest. the new guys that are taking offense to anything really need to lighten up. i think they misunderstood papermarkis when he said what he said. its more of a "oh man theres a lot of people!" type of comment than a "oh noes theres a lot more new people". we really aren't opposed to new faces in the slightest.

you can't fault dyc for pointing out hilarious errors, and z is just dumb.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yes i would like to know about that. i can also bring a Wii and any number of GC controllers needed.

edit: i'm also curious about whether melee will ever be played again. i would love to face some of the people from this group in melee, as it has been so long since i have faced experts other then my friends in melee. not since wichita at least......

darkrain

Smash Ace
6627 E 15th terrace
KCMO, 64126

Walk down the driveway and knock on the back door. Don't knock on the front, its a different apartment.

I'll play melee with you for a little bit lol, bring your wii setup if you don't mind, we may or may not need it but bring it along just in case.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Thank you dmac for understanding me. I mean, I'm still kind of a new guy myself, but I was just surprised how Brawl's release caused so many new people to all the sudden start coming. No one here is opposed to new people, were just kind of in a "WTF" state right now. New people are welcome, we just rather not have them come in by the truckloads.

DrSalvador

Smash Cadet
Hey I'm looking for a group of Brawl players in Lawrence, I have a few guys I know who are fairly competitive but its always good to have more people to play with. I have classes at KU all day tuesday and thursday but I have no classes from friday to monday (yesss 4-day weekends). Spring break just started, but my roommate and I have dubbed it 'BRAWL BREAK!' because thats all we plan on doing. If you live in the Lawrence/Lenexa area, message me with your Wii FC or tell me where the brawl is. Thanks!

Cups

Smash Ace
Nah I don't have a problem with new people, it's just I think you shouldn't just come in and say "hey here's my FC come play me so I can own you noobs," or "hey where are we smashing this weekend?" without even introducing yourselves. I guess when I came in I made sure that I was invited to come play smash with these guys and not just assume that I can just show up to people's houses.

btw February 28th marked my one year anniversary for coming to barrio! been a good year

<3 the crew

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Nah I don't have a problem with new people, it's just I think you shouldn't just come in and say "hey here's my FC come play me so I can own you noobs," or "hey where are we smashing this weekend?" without even introducing yourselves. I guess when I came in I made sure that I was invited to come play smash with these guys and not just assume that I can just show up to people's houses.

btw February 28th marked my one year anniversary for coming to barrio! been a good year

<3 the crew
lol if you care to look back a couple fo pages, it was dark rain who invited me, or for that matter anyone, over.

Cups

Smash Ace
uh ur first post was "i haven't posted here in a while. do you guys play with any regularity? can i add any FC i see here." darkrain invites everyone over, so i know full and well about that, and then you said you were bringing a friend, which is OK but sorry, i'm just kind of leary of new people, and personally i don't think 50 people playing in dark's apartment is too much of a blasty blast.

and just because i say "you" doesn't mean i'm saying "stealth raptor," and if you've been around since 2006 (two years ago btw, longer than i've been around, since i didn't actually start doing stuff until 2007), what qualifies you to be with these "new people" found in my post? you are in no way new i would think, so why are you posting in retort (when i wasn't speaking to you)and telling me things i already know?

W/E I'm excited to see the new people, play everyone, and have a good time. Something came up with Casey and I'll be here tonight so rejoice if you wanted to see me this weekend.

Top Bottom