• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Smash Lord
Yeah, yesterday sucked for me. (not smash) but lots of stupid **** happened. I tink I left my coat there yesterday. It's a black coat and it's a bit puffy. If anyone can find it and hold onto it for me I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll be there next Tuesday. I also might have left it in front of the other place we are normally at.

Here's the rest of the **** that happened to me yesterday for anyone that cares. Spoiler tags because people don't care like they should.
To begin with, I got like 4 hours of sleep the day before.

I'm forced to skip my first class of the day because I don't have stuff done because I desperately needed to finish something for another class.

That thing that I did for my other class, yeah, it was the wrong thing. I hate this particular proffessor a lot. He hardly teaches to begin with, relies heavily off of the online portion of class. And of course he make a point of o-ver-e-nun-ci-a-ting e-ver-y goddam syllable like that. So, when he goes off on me and boots me out of the clas for the day for doing the wrong thing, I feel like I'm getting yelled at by a ******** kid.

It's bad enough that I had to deal with the guy last semester but I was pretty much forced into his class this semester. Pre-reqs are a ****ing *****. By the way, If any of you guys have to go to KCKCC, keep in mind that there are only like 1-3 proffessors for each class. More than likely you'll get stuck with the same ******* twice in 4 semesters.

Moving on, my computer at home isn't working right. Somthing is set up, I don't know what kind of virus/malware/other crap it is, but I keep getting redirected to the same webpage. It's obviously an identity theft scam of sorts so I'm going to have someone come in and fix it. This really sucks because I have 4 classes with a significant amount of online content.

^^^ That forces me to stay at school Monday pretty much all day (8am-7:30pm) and Tuesday until I left for JCCC. If not, I don't get to finish stuff. Both days I had to skip lunch. On Monday, I didn't have breakfast either.

^^^ That forces me to stay in a computer room with lots of people who may or may not be annoying. As far as annoying goes. There's this dude who decides to practice his rap routine in a whisper about 10 feet away from me. I'm not hitting on the genre or anything, but it was bad. Rap is not, at the very least, meant to be whispered. It ended up sounding like a creepy undead kid or a ghost from a bad horror movie, and it was killing me to listen to. The worst part of it all: this guy kept on doing it for a ****ing hour and a half at which point I decided to leave for JCCC.

^^^ That meant that I left before I could see this

Smash is in RC144 today, that's the Reigner Center, 1st floor.
I spent an hour waiting before I decided to check the lounge. So much for getting there early.

Thanks for listening. I really appreciate it and it makes me feel a lot better to know that people actually care.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Pikachu is gay in everything except for smash lol.

If only mewtwo were good... hot ****.

AND **** WHERE'S MY PHANPY!?!?

Smash Lord
sorry to hear that quote :( hope things get better, ill try and stop by the lost and found tomorrow and see if they have it
Thanks, I really appreciate it.

I'm at the same computer room as I was yesterday. The same dude is doing the same thing.

Forgot to say ggs earlier. Me, ampharos, Wmz74, and scrub all left at 11:25. Apparently double gannon dittos in balanced brawl move really fast. It's so hard to fight the natural urge to hit people in the middle of a warlock punch. I think each of us ended up getting hit just because of the super armor or whatever. And Wmz74, I'm sorry about being a bad teammate.

In melee, for the little bit that I played, I found out that my marth isn't to hot against real people. Somehow my fox was just better.

In brawl, someone needs me to help me find my main. If it's in the MLG circuit now, I'm definitely going to have to pick some character up for that game.

MJG

Smash Hero
Thanks, I really appreciate it.

I'm at the same computer room as I was yesterday. The same dude is doing the same thing.

Forgot to say ggs earlier. Me, ampharos, Wmz74, and scrub all left at 11:25. Apparently double gannon dittos in balanced brawl move really fast. It's so hard to fight the natural urge to hit people in the middle of a warlock punch. I think each of us ended up getting hit just because of the super armor or whatever. And Wmz74, I'm sorry about being a bad teammate.

In melee, for the little bit that I played, I found out that my marth isn't to hot against real people. Somehow my fox was just better.

In brawl, someone needs me to help me find my main. If it's in the MLG circuit now, I'm definitely going to have to pick some character up for that game.
Sorry to hear what happen to you

But as for characters. MK, Falco, Snake, Diddy

GGs

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
I dunno... with Brawl in MLG now, the MK ban issue will move forward (once we figure out why they let Brawl in again), so who knows what the future of MK is.

Smash Lord
I dunno... with Brawl in MLG now, the MK ban issue will move forward (once we figure out why they let Brawl in again), so who knows what the future of MK is.
I doubt it. There are plenty of ways to counter MK whether it's going with better range (DK) explosives (snake), going for the ditto, or playing diddy (who I hear is a counter for him).

WmZ74

Smash Cadet
No problem it was still fun. We'll get some practice in next time before playing or come up witha general idea of what we want to do.
Also, dont be a Tier*** when choosing characters, just look at the characters that fit your playing style. I play yoshi for his aerial speed and super armor, arced projectiles, decent priority, and tongue action :laugh:

Duckersmsh3

Smash Cadet
just out of class

just got out aof class and weve been moved again to cc 211 at this point i hate av i hhavent even got word from them that it was moved
but if anyones still coming its in cc211

WmZ74

Smash Cadet
its a waste of time not to tier wh*re if u want to go to tournaments
The game sort of loses its luster after the 50th MK v Snake match... Its a waste of time trying to get good with those characters if your trying to squeeze some entertainment out of the game. Why try and win a small tourney with MK? Youre not proving anything because theres always a better one out there. I think its advantageous to use a seldom used character with odd move sets to mix things up.
And, as everyone knows, Yoshi is a MK counterpick :laugh:

Smash Lord
No problem it was still fun. We'll get some practice in next time before playing or come up witha general idea of what we want to do.
Also, dont be a Tier*** when choosing characters, just look at the characters that fit your playing style. I play yoshi for his aerial speed and super armor, arced projectiles, decent priority, and tongue action :laugh:
It just ended up that way for me. I'm a sucker for high priority moves. Snake, MK, and DK all fit that way for me. Snake is a pretty unique character in the series by the way. He's one of the reasons I play brawl instead of just sticking to 64 or melee.

DK loses to nado

Only a few Snakes beat notable MKs.
Ftilt reaches into the nado from personal experience. Bair might too. I'll check the MK thread if I get around to it. I think there is a thread stickied with a list of moves that break through. I'd still rather play DK than a lot of other characters anyway. He deals good damage, is heavy, and has good priority. The fact that MK doesn't have projectiles somewhat negates the fact that DK is huge.

The game sort of loses its luster after the 50th MK v Snake match... Its a waste of time trying to get good with those characters if your trying to squeeze some entertainment out of the game. Why try and win a small tourney with MK? Youre not proving anything because theres always a better one out there. I think its advantageous to use a seldom used character with odd move sets to mix things up.
And, as everyone knows, Yoshi is a MK counterpick :laugh:
I disagree, Snake has a lot of psychological play that makes for in interesting game to play with or against him. Some people might not like it, but it rewards different playstyles. MK I don't mind as much because I'm kind of used to playing SSB and seeing 0-death all the time. That might just be me but whatever. He's also kind of unique in that he's one of the few characters that can string together attacks. It might just be me not caring, but I don't think he's too overpowered.

Smash Lord
A lot of moves beat nado actually (like my bombs) but it doesnt always stop it. GOOD MKs use nado when they feel you are most vulnerable or if they catch you in the air.
If that's the case then it's just extra damage, in which case it'd probably be a good idea to go for a better punishing move. In that situation I think it's usually better to go for knocking them offstage in which case you either rack up damage or gimp him. If anything gives MK an edge over DK, it's his offstage stuff.

MJG

Smash Hero
Of course, I was talking about in general game play though (not just DK). ^_^

But...MKs (At a high level of gameplay) understand that their opponent will air dodge in most cases when they are in the air, near ledge and in a terrible position because a simple Shuttle Loop or Dair will end their stock quickly (character dependent). Use MK vs me (or vice versa) and lets test these theories out and then tell me how you feel about nado (or any punishing moves).

Were in 2010. People don't get gimped as often as they used to. They may take 30% trying to get back on stage but we have improved :)

MK will always be the King Of Brawl.

OH! Who is interested in going to Iowa on April 3rd? Melee and Brawl players.

WmZ74

Smash Cadet
I disagree, Snake has a lot of psychological play that makes for in interesting game to play with or against him. Some people might not like it, but it rewards different playstyles. MK I don't mind as much because I'm kind of used to playing SSB and seeing 0-death all the time. That might just be me but whatever. He's also kind of unique in that he's one of the few characters that can string together attacks. It might just be me not caring, but I don't think he's too overpowered.
I didnt mean to come off that Snake players are predictable. I admire how much of the stage Snake can control, but i hate how hard it is to kill those ****ers. I stand by what i said about seldom used characters are good for mix up purposes. The game loses its luster when people are in the mindset that the only playable characters are MK and Snake.

D

Deleted member

you're both gay

gg's dudes

how the hell did jace get a nuke run off? i'm ashamed at honda and my brother.

ryan hopefully the next time we play we won't play like ******* lol.

word of the day: salty

Jace08

Smash Lord
Had a great time everybody. Good stuff Honda and 8bit you're too young to be that good

Raith sucks for not coming ><

Edit: Oh and massive too what the heck

Massive

Smash Champion
Had a great time everybody. Good stuff Honda and 8bit you're too young to be that good

Raith sucks for not coming ><

Edit: Oh and massive too what the heck
I got in there at about 5:45...
Nobody in either of the places I knew we had smash, I sat around between the 2 rooms until 6:20ish, then went home.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am disappoint at the ignorance of Darkwing Duck displayed previously in this thread.
and someone saying that Brawl has luster to lose. I want some of whatever that dude is smoking.

Jace08

Smash Lord
I got in there at about 5:45...
Nobody in either of the places I knew we had smash, I sat around between the 2 rooms until 6:20ish, then went home.
Oh shoot I should have realized. Yeah sorry the people there apparently changed the room on us at the last minute; we all knew what room to go to b/c duck called me while we were driving there. Pm me your cell number so I can call you next time so this doesn't happen again

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I have a computer with an i7, 8g of ram, radeon 5870, and a 23' monitor now. I DUN CURRRRRRR.

Smash Lord
Of course, I was talking about in general game play though (not just DK). ^_^

But...MKs (At a high level of gameplay) understand that their opponent will air dodge in most cases when they are in the air, near ledge and in a terrible position because a simple Shuttle Loop or Dair will end their stock quickly (character dependent). Use MK vs me (or vice versa) and lets test these theories out and then tell me how you feel about nado (or any punishing moves).

Were in 2010. People don't get gimped as often as they used to. They may take 30% trying to get back on stage but we have improved :)

MK will always be the King Of Brawl.

OH! Who is interested in going to Iowa on April 3rd? Melee and Brawl players.
I'm definitely up for this next week. I need a lot of practice against MK anyway.

I didnt mean to come off that Snake players are predictable. I admire how much of the stage Snake can control, but i hate how hard it is to kill those ****ers. I stand by what i said about seldom used characters are good for mix up purposes. The game loses its luster when people are in the mindset that the only playable characters are MK and Snake.
I'm actually kind of thankful that the tier system does that. I actually really appreciate being able to only really have to practice against 12 or so characters instead of like 40.

Top Bottom