• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kami (Samus) vs. Kaze (Marth)

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Like the title says, me (Samus) vs. Kaze (Marth). We would love any critisism and advice to becoming better.

I myself made a ton of mistakes, big ones being my bomb hop mess up at ending of first life, and f-air landing at last life, both of which I rarely screw up, but it was just an off day. I also failed to do a few SWD's, which yet again, is not so often, and used more bombs than I normally do, for whatever reason.

So I'd rather you critique my play style, not my mistakes XD. As for Kaze, I'm not sure about his POV, but I think he did decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RBl-uD86D8

On a final note, I put in music becuase it was loud in my room, and too much comentary. I also appologise for some quality error's.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
You use bombs interestingly in close quarters and in retreat to create space, which is nice.
More missiles.
Also make sure you always know the limits of your opponent's character. If he was Falcon or something, maybe those fsmashes after throws would have hit. But Marth is lighter and more floaty. You also shouldn't waveland as an edge-hanging recovery when Marth is standing there waiting to hit you with an fsmash, which you walked into on multiple occasion. Marth's sword is longer than anything you have besides missiles, so if you approach him with just an attack, he'll hit you first.
You coming to SFE?

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
If its this weekend and I can hitch a ride with someone, then maybe.

I do not know marth very well yet, as Kaze used to use fox as his main, but only recently switched (to what seems to be) Marth. Thanks for all the advice though.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
marth - watch your spacing!
you were too close to him most of the time
keep yourself a bit more far away while still being close enough to apply pressure
and samus - i think you lack CC
you had some really good opportunities for a cc especially on some of math's mispaced attacks
hope that helps

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Samus, you should use a bit more missles, you should probably use less bombs up close, and like Vall3y said use CCing some more, Also I think you could Up-B out of your sheild some more and it could be very effective.
Marth, watch the spacing, work on the edgeguard game, also you should grab a lot more. Samus is a bit harder in these situations but the f throw, f throw, f throw, f smash will still work and I didn't see you grab once(atleast that i can remember) and finally you should work on your shffling i saw you do some of it and again samus is one of the harder carachters to combo with it, but against fast fallers it works wonders. spam that fair while coming in if they're sheilding it, grab.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Use missiles whenever you're far away from Marth, and I'd almost suggest using fewer bombs, or at least don't rely on them to be doing damage. If you're going to use bombs, try using them as a deterrent, and plan your game on forcing your opponent to deal with your bombs. They should only be intended to connect when bombing a sheild. Otherwise, a connection with a bomb should simply be a bonus.

Also, when dthrowing floatier characters, I like to fair and nair them. It works best if they try to escape thinking you'll try an fsmash.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
umm....you needamore training. :)
Uhh, yes I do. I never said I was pro, I've only been doing competative smash for 4 or 5 months now. I put this up to get advice, so, do you have any?

Thanks for the input from everyone else.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
Uhh, yes I do. I never said I was pro, I've only been doing competative smash for 4 or 5 months now. I put this up to get advice, so, do you have any?

Thanks for the input from everyone else.
"4 to 6 months" you say? well i could tell. and still, youneedamore training:)

joshisrad

Smash Lord
It should come as no surprise, Kami, that much of a given internet community will be composed of intellectual welterweights. It is unfair that we should have to put up with such people, but that's life.

Top Bottom