• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kaillera down?

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, are all of the servers down on Kaillera?? When you go to Kaillera's website it does not work and I can't find any servers. I need my fix!

Is there a topic for people to set up P2P games or do we have to go to Anthers ladder for that?4

D

Deleted member

i'm on, maybe your connection settings are wonky.

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have any insight? I have allowed it past my firewall, shut down my security program, renewed IP... I don't have a router just a modem.. I am totally stumped it has always worked up until now. When I go to master server list it shows 0 servers. When I try to go to www.Kaillera.com it actually doesn't work. It says datebase unavailable!

caneut

Smash Ace
Does anyone have any insight? I have allowed it past my firewall, shut down my security program, renewed IP... I don't have a router just a modem.. I am totally stumped it has always worked up until now. When I go to master server list it shows 0 servers. When I try to go to www.Kaillera.com it actually doesn't work. It says datebase unavailable!
you dont use the website.

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
Yes I understand that you don't use the website. I was just going to the website to see if they had any messages about being down and I can't even get there. As I sort of mentioned I have been playing every day which is why I am sort of stumped right now.

Last edited:

grahamcracker

Smash Rookie
Dude, I just made an account on here to say the same thing happened to me today. I've been playing every day and today it says no servers available. I'll keep looking for a solution, let me know if you figure it out or if it starts working for you again.

D

Deleted member

Dude, I just made an account on here to say the same thing happened to me today. I've been playing every day and today it says no servers available. I'll keep looking for a solution, let me know if you figure it out or if it starts working for you again.
you might be right actually. my ping is insanely high all of a sudden and like you said there are no servers in the master list. D:

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
Oh man, I feel terrible for you guys but insane relief that it's a larger problem than just myself. I will let you guys know if I can figure it out but nothing is working.

Also big thank you to the trolls for coming out to support my meager thread.

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
1 more thing, I am in Hamilton, Ontario Canada and my ISP is Cogeco. Just wondering if it's related to that in some way since people were on Kaillera while I was unable to connect...

Shears

Smash Master
I'm not trolling, online seriously sucks and you shouldn't care about the kaillera servers. You're in the GTA area and there is a very large console scene near you that you should attach yourself with before you're sucked into the toxic cancerous black hole of online and you never leave your moms basement.

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
I actually just posted on the Flaoc 2016 thread regarding the upcoming tournament.

I am new to the scene and hungry to play as much as possible until I can find some players reasonably near me to play with. (The guys at my local weekly events only want to play newer smash's and I can't start something on my own yet)

I can't really play much after work as I have responsibilities with my career, wife, ect ect ect. So being able to play online is important to me. (Also the mom's basement comment is laughable because of that too.)

Last edited:

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
I will add (sorry for the double post) the troll comment was more about canuet calling that other guy stupid for no reason. No need to get so defensive little guy.

caneut

Smash Ace
I will add (sorry for the double post) the troll comment was more about canuet calling that other guy stupid for no reason. No need to get so defensive little guy.
no cuddlytoys is stupid and part of the cancer online that shears is talking about but online isnt bad just ignore the few like cuddlytoys and studstill

D

Deleted member

come to find out, my boyfriend was hogging up the internet last night. so my ping was off the charts! @_@;;; it had nothing to do with kaillera being down, sorry.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
right click edit your n02.ini, then add these lines if you want (these are from my n02.ini

SLS1=Smash FU New York
SLH1=168.235.67.65:27888
SLS2=Demon Cat Tribe
SLH2=216.52.143.190:27888
SLS3=Smash Fu Atl
SLH3=107.191.102.114
SLS4=Outer Heaven NY
SLH4=216.189.148.243:27888
SLS5=Outer Heaven II CHI
SLH5=108.174.56.134:27888
SLS6=Denver Smash Server
SLH6=104.219.168.112:27888
SLS7=Seattle Pizza Server
SLH7=167.88.125.136:27888
SLS8=Happy Kingdom SanFran
SLH8=209.237.254.32:27888

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
Ok, so I had SLS1 - 5 or w/e by default, and I literally replaced those with KnitePhox's that he posted.

From there I clicked the "masters server list" and it still didn't work, it still showed 0 servers.

So instead of going to the Masters servers list I just clicked Smash Fu NY which was just in the small list of servers that is always there when you open Kaillera. (Connecting to servers has like that has never ever worked for me in the past, but it did this time.)

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Aw **** no man. Kaillera host died along with the Master Server list and sicne Anti3D got taken down theres no way we can redirect a new site for a master server list that we could establish in the new emulinkerX files.

RIP Kaillera

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
It's weird because that is what I was using to connect to games as early as 3 days ago than all of a sudden everything stopped. I tried everything I could think of and the only thing that worked was KnitePhox' suggestion. Now I was happily getting 5 stocked by a sick player who taught me a bunch of **** :)

Uair

Banned via Warnings
It's weird because that is what I was using to connect to games as early as 3 days ago than all of a sudden everything stopped. I tried everything I could think of and the only thing that worked was KnitePhox' suggestion. Now I was happily getting 5 stocked by a sick player who taught me a bunch of **** :)
wtf are you talking about. The Kaillera servers them selfs have been workign just fine. The only thing that has changed is the Kaillera website which also hosts the Master server list that all common servers connect to for people browsing for kaillera servers to find.

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
I was wondering what you were talking about myself. Listen man I didn't come here to argue or show people how smart I am. I came here because my ability to net play smash 64 dried up over night and I needed help fixing it. Sorry that I misunderstood your post.

Twilight Sparkle

I don't play Luigi/DK/Samus much
I'm not too familiar with the Kaillera host. Does this mean it's down permanently or is it just temporary? With Master Servers List gone, newcomers will have a hard time looking for servers and games.

By the way, another way to add servers to your Local List is to bring up the Kaillera window where you change your name and press the "Add" button. After that, just type in whatever name you wanna give the server and under it put the IP of the server. Afterwards press "OK" to add and double click your newly added server name to join!

Refer to KnitePhox's post above for a list of servers. The ones used more would be the Smash FU New York and Outer Haven NY and II servers. The IP is what follows the = sign underneath the names.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I'm not too familiar with the Kaillera host. Does this mean it's down permanently or is it just temporary? With Master Servers List gone, newcomers will have a hard time looking for servers and games.

By the way, another way to add servers to your Local List is to bring up the Kaillera window where you change your name and press the "Add" button. After that, just type in whatever name you wanna give the server and under it put the IP of the server. Afterwards press "OK" to add and double click your newly added server name to join!

Refer to KnitePhox's post above for a list of servers. The ones used more would be the Smash FU New York and Outer Haven NY and II servers. The IP is what follows the = sign underneath the names.
Moosehead created his own Master Server list when Kaillera went down back in 2007. It was hosted onj his website, Anti3D even years after his server went down and he died.

Had we had his server configuration and php script that interacts with kaillera / emulinker, we could host our own temporary Kaillera Master Server list and implement it into the current Emulinker X.

Yet again another great contribution to the community has been lost forever. Kaillera is on it's death bed.

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
Sadly that did not work at the time either.

DK Dredd

Smash Rookie
My pings been insanly high recently, although it's probably just my connection.

D

Deleted member

I prefer it, to be honest. I've never been happier, aqzing, p2ping, and playing on lesser known servers than Smash FU. No more dealing with rude people, abusive admin, and KnitePhox KnitePhox (the owner), who doesn't care about anything. It seems that most people that I play with, feel the same way. So hopefully, this is the first step in bringing about positive change to this community or lack there of.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I prefer it, to be honest. I've never been happier, aqzing, p2ping, and playing on lesser known servers than Smash FU. No more dealing with rude people, abusive admin, and KnitePhox KnitePhox (the owner), who doesn't care about anything. It seems that most people that I play with, feel the same way. So hopefully, this is the first step in bringing about positive change to this community or lack there of.
You still ragequit though....

ABlackDude122

Smash Rookie
Okay, so I tried everything you guys said, and it is still not working for me. Is there anything else you guys could recommend that I do?

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Okay, so I tried everything you guys said, and it is still not working for me. Is there anything else you guys could recommend that I do?
Okay gav, if clicking the Add button then typing in the server name and IP then pressing enter didn't save the updated client info to the .ini file then you have redistricted access to your pj64k folder or computer or something. Try running as admin if it still doesn't work then use a different Kaillera client.

Zantetsu

Smash Master

Top Bottom