• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

k sooo

asob4

Smash Champion
i finished my combo vid, so far only zori has seen it cause he's awesome

no youtube cause youtube is being gay, so i have it on filefront here:
http://hosted.filefront.com/Skankimar

here's the veoh page
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v160480097FpeHTEH

youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmXW5YJAIJ4

after you download it, it's gonna jump into itunes cause i forgot to change the file type, but you can just put it in VLC, etc

a lot of tech chases, spikes, some lulz, and some combo's. also... STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO!!!!

the credits are half ***** lol

PS: isn't my filefront username teh sex?

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
I love spiking, and you've inspired me to go for it even more often with this video.
Good job, as expected. Very aggressive, but that's what makes it sexy : P

Btw, do you tilt the stick when you spike? I noticed a few spikes that I don't think I could pull off and I've always wondered if you could tilt the stick to avoid too much downward DI.

shanus

Smash Hero
tight editting, fast paced, some good footage, nice work

only complain is there were a couple wtf clips in there, like you had a couple clips where it was just reading a sidestep and hitting them with an fsmashes in there haha

Vayseth

Smash Master
Not bad! It's starting to look like more and more combo videos are showing the same exact stuff tho. While spikes are cool and all... Oli is a versatile character guys, let's do something new!

AcesWild

Smash Apprentice
I think one thing all Olimar mains have in common is a love of ska and Streetlight... Great video, I enjoyed it!

asob4

Smash Champion
well youtube was down when i put it up, i'll try today though

the quality was nerfed when i compressed it

and i was pressed for clips cause they are not all readily available to me like i want. so yes some of them were wtf clips, but it's to show some of my tech chasing skills. everything else was mostly cause it looked cool ^^

also, if you noticed, i tried not to put toooo many spikes in, only when they were led into or were just that good lol. i wanted to get good on stage combo's and decent tech chases in there

thanks everyone for the support! :DDD

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dang. My sound is broken. I hope you don't mind me not watching it until my sound gets fixed. :O.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Saw it.
I kinda liked it. Plus side being that it wasn't a 'spike video' as opposed to what the title would say.
Needed more than like.. 5 combo movesets in it though. xD
I saw alot of stuff I liked again as I almost always see. I really enjoyed the marth fights.

Hrmm..
Did you know that dodgeing into second jump isn't as effective as simply using a fair?
Try doing fair instead of blowing your second jump off.

asob4

Smash Champion
good stuff! do you place well in CA?
usually yeah
unless i have a bad day :( but i usually do

trust me i wish i could've had different combo's but i was lacking in clips :(
my friend who has all the clips lives a good distance away from me so it's hard to go get them. plus he's never home so he can't send them to me. i did what i could though

when was i blowing my second jump? i'm confused lol :confused:

oh and rich, there was approximately 10 clips of dthrow -> fair.
there are about 35 clips there i think. there really aren't that many of those
notice how about 6 of those led to something that wasn't another dthrow->fair and was actually something dfferent

RichBrown

Smash Master
it just seemed like loads of Dthrow Fairing to me. If you didn't have all your clips, why even bother throwing together a combo video? Wouldn't you want to put something out there worthwhile, that way when people say "too much Dthrow-Fair/spike" you don't have to repeat that you don't have all your clips every single time? And the clips that weren't Dthrow-Fair were no more than 2, maybe 3 moves in a row. I don't feel like going through this entire video again and counting what you did at what times, so instead I'm gonna shorten this whole thing into a "nice vid."

Rocann

Smash Lord
it just seemed like loads of Dthrow Fairing to me. If you didn't have all your clips, why even bother throwing together a combo video? Wouldn't you want to put something out there worthwhile, that way when people say "too much Dthrow-Fair/spike" you don't have to repeat that you don't have all your clips every single time? And the clips that weren't Dthrow-Fair were no more than 2, maybe 3 moves in a row. I don't feel like going through this entire video again and counting what you did at what times, so instead I'm gonna shorten this whole thing into a "nice vid."
^^^basically my thoughts on it. :-\ But I feel your pain; I didn't have all of my clips at all :(

asob4

Smash Champion
well really, a third of dthrow->fair isn't that bad, and most of the other ones were tech chases and i didn't have that many spikes.

the majority of the clips i had were all really good and i wanted to get it out. it would have taken another month+ to get the rest of the clips and i needed to finish it for one of the clubs i'm in.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I finally got to watching it. Nothin to say except nice vid man. ^_^

asob4

Smash Champion
hey guys, i was thinking that after i finally get all my clips (which will take forever) i was gonna redo my vid with more clips and probably another song.
i don't want to make a completely different one cause i'm tooooo lazy so i'll just redo this one :D
i promise it won't have as many "wtf clips" and less dthrow -> fair combo's -coughrichcough-

asob4

Smash Champion
it would be an enhanced version haha
probably just like two more minutes and another song (VGS ftw)

geekd

Smash Apprentice
gread job
I think in general most of olimars combos look similar. You did a pretty good job of showing some diversity. I was sad that I didn't see any WAC or pivot grabs; they are easy and look badas s

I look forward to the enhanced version

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
I think one thing all Olimar mains have in common is a love of ska and Streetlight... Great video, I enjoyed it!
lol

I actually do listen to the one ska band alot. xD They're japanese tho. ;o

Cool vid whoever. I look forward to next one. Took me awhile to learn how to do spikes like that. Directly off the edge and all.

Top Bottom