• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Eh, may as well come clean with it since all is said and done. The whole Chunky AT debacle was pretty much 50% experiment/50% leak bait. Experiment part was because I wanted to see how many people would parrot one guy's outlandish claim, and as it turns out, plenty of people did claim to actually see Chunky and his banana rain, despite me having made up the entire thing. Additionally, there was a lot of fun stuff that came out of it in the end like the Chunkfoot images and #ChunkyWatch.

The 50% leak bait part was for using it as a criteria to bust leaks, because after Chunky made the rounds, there were a sizable amount of leaks that included him amongst AT's in the game, and unless I'd gotten stupidly lucky in my choice of just-barely-believable AT's, I could personally know that leak was a fake and move on to another one.

I do feel bad about it now, and was going to confess to it earlier, but I was curious to see how big it was going to get, and every time I was going to say something, I'd see a leak with him in it, or someone asking something like "So did we ever find Chunky Kong" and I'd stifle a laugh and let it keep rolling.

I apologize if I unreasonably got anyone's hopes up or bothered them with this stunt. Chunky was supposed to be a week long joke at best and it all just got out of hand. Hopefully I didn't get anyone too bent out of shape about it.
The Internet is capable of making any simple joke into a big thing nowadays. At least you do seem regretful.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Eh, it was partly our fault for getting our hopes up that some, any DK content beyond the bare minimum would be in the game to begin with. And also the guy who saw your post and decided to parrot it despite supposedly having no idea who Chunky was, that was the kicker.

'Blunderbuss Cannonballs' is now updated and chock-full of content, many of which are the brainchildren of @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A . More and more, I'm starting to really like the idea of K. Rool shooting out normal cannonballs that he can then turn into a second, more unique type at any point during their trajectory with a second button-press.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Eh, I don't understand contributing to the vast amounts of fake leaks. Seems like a horrid thing to do to such a hungry community that eats that kind of thing up.
We're supposed to be a community.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Eh, may as well come clean with it since all is said and done. The whole Chunky AT debacle was pretty much 50% experiment/50% leak bait. Experiment part was because I wanted to see how many people would parrot one guy's outlandish claim, and as it turns out, plenty of people did claim to actually see Chunky and his banana rain, despite me having made up the entire thing. Additionally, there was a lot of fun stuff that came out of it in the end like the Chunkfoot images and #ChunkyWatch.

The 50% leak bait part was for using it as a criteria to bust leaks, because after Chunky made the rounds, there were a sizable amount of leaks that included him amongst AT's in the game, and unless I'd gotten stupidly lucky in my choice of just-barely-believable AT's, I could personally know that leak was a fake and move on to another one.

I do feel bad about it now, and was going to confess to it earlier, but I was curious to see how big it was going to get, and every time I was going to say something, I'd see a leak with him in it, or someone asking something like "So did we ever find Chunky Kong" and I'd stifle a laugh and let it keep rolling.

I apologize if I unreasonably got anyone's hopes up or bothered them with this stunt. Chunky was supposed to be a week long joke at best and it all just got out of hand. Hopefully I didn't get anyone too bent out of shape about it.
Someone else mentioned it in a different thread as well. Were you connected with that?

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Someone else mentioned it in a different thread as well. Were you connected with that?
Yeah I saw that one, the guy who seemed to not know who Chunky was? No clue about that guy. My one post on it was all I did outside of respond to questions.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Eh, it was partly our fault for getting our hopes up that some, any DK content beyond the bare minimum would be in the game to begin with. And also the guy who saw your post and decided to parrot it despite supposedly having no idea who Chunky was, that was the kicker.

'Blunderbuss Cannonballs' is now updated and chock-full of content, many of which are the brainchildren of @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A . More and more, I'm starting to really like the idea of K. Rool shooting out normal cannonballs that he can then turn into a second, more unique type at any point during their trajectory with a second button-press.
People will do anything to cause chaos if it amuses them.

wheres my credit :|

jk

Last edited:

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah I saw that one, the guy who seemed to not know who Chunky was? No clue about that guy. My one post on it was all I did outside of respond to questions.
He must've read it here or something and decided to try and make it more believable. Most people wouldn't have latched onto it if it wasn't the fact that it was brought up twice by two completely different people. Either way, I have mixed feelings. Part of me wants to get really pissed off at you right now. The other part is just pissed about a personal issue and that far outweighs anything you did (but it still wasn't cool). :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I do appreciate the concept of "leak bait" as a way to sniff out blatant fakes who will latch onto anything in attempts to seem believable. I just hate that it came at the cost of false hope for the downtrodden fans of my favorite series. That royally sucks.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I've surprisingly have already gotten bored of ssb for wii u, probably because I've already just about unlocked everything. The only descent new fun modes are trophy and photo customization and the stage maker ones. I probably won't be playing it for a while now until Mewtwo comes out next year but even after that I'm not sure. The only things that would get me playing it more again are more dlc characters and new stages. Maybe even some new extra modes as well. K. Rool would defintley keep me playing this game more often again if he were added to the game.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've surprisingly have alrwady gotten bored of ssb for wii u, probably because I've already just about unlocked everything. The only descent new fun modes are trophy and photo customization and the stage maker ones. I probably won't be playing it for a while now until Mewtwo comes out next year but even after that I'm not sure. The only things that would get me playing it more again are more dlc characters and new stages. Maybe even some new extra modes as well. K. Rool would defintley keep me playing this game more often again if he were added to the game.
That means you have all customs.
TEACH ME MASTER

Zynux

Smash Lord

This just goes to show the importance of verifying every piece of data. You didn't come clean until well after the game was released, and was able to not spill the beans before then.

10/10, had me rused. I'm impressed. While I don't like to encourage deception, no hard feelings.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Smash Bros. is easy to get bored of when you don't have a consistent group of people to play with. Always a great time when you do though.
Well offline yeah but the past series like 64 and melee always kept me coming back by myself for more.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Made this for someone and figured I'd post it here:

I'm sure someone can find a use for it. :4dedede:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
:4bowser: :4dedede:

They complement each other so nicely.

'Other Blunderbuss Options,' 'Invisibility' and 'Electricity' are all finished in the OP. Just a few more sections to go!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It is heartbreaking to see that the DKC series once again gets no assist trophy... It is only another reason why I prefer a new director. I swear that some DK is screwed over in every way. Hell, 3DS version, the one stage it has and both of it's forms are the worst. I am not even joking. Jungle Japes omega form is the worst on the 3DS. It is the only stage where you won't move towards the ledge if you hit the slope. If you hit the slope, you are simply stopped right there. The only omega form that is worse is Lylat, and that is on the Wii U version.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I do appreciate the concept of "leak bait" as a way to sniff out blatant fakes who will latch onto anything in attempts to seem believable. I just hate that it came at the cost of false hope for the downtrodden fans of my favorite series. That royally sucks.
And fittingly, it royally sucks for our king. :troll:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Here's 2 costumes of my own that I did for K. Rool's trophy. I give you Reaper K. Rool and Sheriff K. Rool. Plus something extra I'm sure you might all like.
014.JPG
017.JPG
019.JPG

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Here's another one featuring o
pirates brawl.jpg
ur good'ol Kaptain along with 3 other pirates Jack Sparrow, Kutlass, and Captain Hook(before he lost his hand) in a swashbuckling brawl, arr matey.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Give me the code....

NOW.
I wish I knew how, otherwise I would. xD

I've been to meaning to comment something as well. Have you guys noticed that a lot of the enemies from smash run in the 3-ds version are stage hazards and AT's in the wii u version? The ones that I can think of right off the bat for this are kamek koopa, shy guys, hammer bros., Chandelure, Chain Chomp, Lakitu(in retro form for the wii u), Metroids, and Starman. You think it's possible that if we do get a new DK stage for dlc(maybe even 2) that we may see the kritters back on our tv screen in HD? I'd probably expect some Tiki's as well.

P.S. I really want a 3-DS or HD remake of DK64 now.

Last edited:

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
I want to get a little off-topic for a moment for FUN!.

Jerma985 made a video about kheating in a strategy game called Supreme Kheat Kode Kommander:

I thought it would be funny if villains here used it to see who's the best. The spiritual sequel kalled Planetary Annihilation that's on Steam right now if a more modern version is wanted.

Everyone will have different kolors.

:4bowser: will be green.

:4dedede:: would be
red.

:4ganondorf:: might be
black or purple.

K. Rool would likely be
green too.

Plus: I doubt it be surprising if :4robinm: join because of "strategy" in the genre's name.

But who does this tie back into Smash?

Simple:

It's Pac-man in Smash.

Half-Life 3 konfirmed.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Merry Khristmas Kutthroats!

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"Boxing Moves" section now updated. "Paon Moves" and "Mechanics" should be quick write-ups, while "General/Miscellaneous Moves" will be one of the lengthiest. Nevertheless, K. Rool's compendium of uniqueness is nearing completion, and will soon be ripe for sharing around on Twitter and other sites.

Anyhow, seeing as it's K. Ristmas and all, it's time to bring back a classic Kutthroat Karol, courtesy of @Johnknight1.

Johnknight1 said:
Hark the Herald Klap Traps Sing!
"Glory to the Kremling King!
War on DK Isle and Mercy Missing
Kremling and Bananas Reconciled"
Joyful all ye Islanders rise
Join the triumph of the bad guys
With the Kremling bosses proclaim
"Kremlings control the Banana Cove"
Hark! The Herald Klap Traps Sing!
"Glory to the Kremling King!"

K. Rool by highest Kremling Kingdom adored
K. Rool the everlasting Kaptain!
Late in time behold Him come
Offspring of an angry mob
Veiled in crocodile skin the genius see
Hail the incarnate Kremling King
Pleased as Kremling with Kremling to dwell
King, our Kaptain
Hark! The Herald Klap Traps Sing!

Hail the envious born Scientist to end Peace!
Hail the wrecker of Righteousness!
Bananas and science to all He brings
Ris'n with stealing bananas he brings
Loudly He lay His Glory by
Born that Kremling no more Kremling may die
Born to rid the Kongs from Earth
Born to give us bananas in Kremling girth
Hark! The herald Kremlings sing

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wonder if K Rool got the crystal coconut he wanted.

Did that lunkhead finally seize it for him? :seuss:

Merry Kristmas.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
May there bre grog a-plenty and sea shanties galore, me hearties~! 'Tis the season to be ruthless, 'tis the season to be scurvy~

Top Bottom