• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
this is the source i found

After the leak of Twilight Princess HD was found by data miners, the floodgates have opened into a peek at what’s potentially coming to the Wii U eShop, in Japan at least. Here’s a quick look at some of the titles that were found. Remember, these are not confirmed titles that will be released, just speculation at this point.

Of note is several Zelda titles from old Gameboy handhelds like Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass.

Wii U virtual console games

• 1080* Snowboarding (N64) [JP]
  • Adventures of Bayou Billy, The (NES) [JP]
  • Bishoujo Janshi Suchie-Pai (SNES) [JP]
  • Chu Chu Rocket! (GBA) [JP]
  • City Connection (NES) [JP]
  • Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX (GBA) [JP]
  • Darius Twin (SNES) [JP]
  • Dig Dug 2 (NES) [EU]
  • Dig Dug 2 (NES) [JP]
  • Drill Dozer (GBA) [JP]
  • F-Zero Climax (GBA) [JP]
  • Field Combat (NES) [JP]
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (NDS) [JP]
  • Formation Z (NES) [JP]
  • Front Line (NES) [JP]
  • Game & Watch Gallery 4 (GBA) [JP]
  • Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: The Mystical Pipe Which Disappeared (SNES) [JP]
  • Hogan’s Alley (NES) [EU]
  • Hogan’s Alley (NES) [JP]
  • Ignition Factor, The (SNES) [JP]
  • International Track & Field 2 (MSX) [JP]
  • King’s Knight (NES) [JP]
  • Kirby: Canvas Curse (NDS) [JP]
  • Kirby: Mass Attack (NDS) [JP]
  • Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament (GBA) [JP]
  • Kururin Paradise (GBA) [JP]
  • Konami Krazy Racers (GBA) [JP]
  • Legend of the River King 3 & 4 (GBA) [JP]
  • Legend of the River King 5 (GBA) [JP]
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The (N64) [JP]
  • Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, The (NDS) [JP]
  • Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, The (NDS) [JP]
  • Legendary Starfi 2 (GBA) [JP]
  • Legendary Starfi 3 (GBA) [JP]
  • Majin Tensei II: Spiral Nemesis (SNES) [JP]
  • Mario Kart 64 (N64) [JP]
  • Mario Party Advance (GBA) [JP]
  • Mario Tennis (N64) [JP]
  • Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (NDS) [JP]
  • Medabots: Metabee Version (GBA) [JP]
  • Medabots: Rokusho Version (GBA) [JP]
  • Medabots Navi: Kabuto Version (GBA) [JP]
  • Medabots Navi: Kuwagata Version (GBA) [JP]
  • Mega Man Battle Network 4.5: Real Operation (NDS) [JP]
  • Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar (GBA) [JP]
  • Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar (GBA) [JP]
  • Metal Slader Glory: Director’s Cut (SNES) [JP]
  • Metro Cross (NES) [JP]
  • Moeri Twinbee: Rescue Dr. Cinnamon! (NES) [JP]
  • Onimusha Tactics (GBA) [JP]
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (GBA)(NDS) [JP]
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All (GBA)(NDS) [JP]
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (NDS) [JP]
  • Pokémon Ranger (NDS) [JP]
  • Polarium Advance (GBA) [JP]
  • Power Instinct (SNES) [JP]
  • Sennen Kazoku (GBA) [JP]
  • Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (GBA) [JP]
  • Shining Soul (GBA) [JP]
  • Shining Soul II (GBA) [JP]
  • Sin & Punishment (N64) [JP]
  • Sonic Advance 2 (GBA) [JP]
  • Sonic Advance 3 (GBA) [JP]
  • Space Invaders: The Original Game (SNES) [JP]
  • Star Fox 64 (N64) [JP]
  • Star Fox Command (NDS) [JP]
  • Star Luster (NES) [JP]
  • Super Mario 64 DS (NDS) [JP]
  • Super Mario All-Stars (SNES) [JP]
  • Treasure of the Rudras (SNES) [JP]
  • Tsukikomori (SNES) [JP]
  • Wagan Land 2 (NES) [JP]
  • Wild Gunman (NES) [EU]
  • Wild Gunman (NES) [JP]
  • Wrecking Crew ’98 (SNES) [JP]
  • Yoshi: Touch & Go! (NDS) [JP]
Wii Games for Wii U

• Kiki Trick [JP]
  • Kirby’s Epic Yarn [JP]
  • Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, The [JP]
  • Mario Strikers Charged Football [JP]
  • Mario Super Sluggers [JP]
  • Metroid: Other M [JP]
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii [EU]
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii [JP]
  • Poképark Wii: Pikachu’s Adventure [JP]
  • Super Paper Mario [JP]
  • Wario Land: Shake It [JP]
  • Xenoblade Chronicles [JP]
These games are cool, but where are the GameCube games? MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTENDO!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Is sluggers worth getting for the 1 player? I'm kinda hyped about having a full team of Kongs and kremlins instead of random Mario races like the GC version

Although if you can't use the pro controller I might not bother anyway

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Am I the only one who'd be scared again if DK Jr. got into Smash next? I would probably get this uneasy feeling that DK Jr. was the answer from the Smash dev team, meant as a loveletter to fans who wanted a "DK rep" in the game, without doing K. Rool. The only way I'd be really happy to see DK Jr. is if he got bundled with the King Kroc himself. That not to say I hate DK Jr. though; under different circumstances, I'd probably love to see DK Jr. join the Smash roster. I feel like he'd be another fun retro like Ice Climbers or Duck Hunt.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Oh yes, that's true. Bowsers old voice made him sound more like a wild beast, which was pretty awesome that way.
Bowser's 64/Melee voice was fantastic. It sounded like an actual dragon, while in this SM4SH one run, like a beast only. Not as good, but still somewhat alright-ish.

Now if only they could have gotten Kenny James for Bowser's voice. That would of been excellent. Second best Bowser voice, indeed.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Oh lord.... don't get my hyped about Ridley again.... I won't believe it... I can't....
As much as I'd love for something to be true, it's not. The guy who supposedly 'leaked' something is Deza, a known troll over at GameFaqs.

But I'm right there with you my friend. But sadly it's just another case of information drought inducing trolling.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
As much as I'd love for something to be true, it's not. The guy who supposedly 'leaked' something is Deza, a known troll over at GameFaqs.

But I'm right there with you my friend. But sadly it's just another case of information drought inducing trolling.
I hope, I can't deal with hype 24/7

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah, I kinda agree with you. But to be fair, most of the songs were catchy as hell.
Ah Leo Luster, still a sexier singer than Justin Beiber. Heck, even Donkey Kong and K. Rool are better singers than him.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
DK Jr.? Oh, **** no. And even though it's certainly not impossible, it's not something I'd worry about.

But then, I'm one of those fans who would rather see the Country series glorified, with the Arcade games either given less spotlight than usual, or as much as the Country games.

I mean come on, the only DKC item was removed after Melee and replaced with the ****ing Spring.

(No, the banana doesn't count because it's straight ripped from Diddy's move set.)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, Kutthroats; 4 months ago today, we had a Smash direct. In 2 days, it will be 4 months since the last major direct. Here's hoping we get news this week.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I doubt DK jr is going to be put in Smash......

It shouldn't be a legitimate worry. If he does get put in then there's your answer to how much the ballot impacted anything......

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Is sluggers worth getting for the 1 player? I'm kinda hyped about having a full team of Kongs and kremlins instead of random Mario races like the GC version

Gamecube version was far better imo. But it didn't have nearly as many characters

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
the characters i voted at the ballot before it came to an end was king k.rool,Dixie Kong,Donkey Kong Jr(because i've never seen him fight before),Inkling,and Banjo Kazooie i also did vote for other characters that had a history with nintendo i see Donkey Kong Jr has now been trademarked just like what king k.rool got

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace

no classic, but it does have non-motion sideways wii-mote controls. It's better with the pandemonium of friends, but it does actually have a decent single player story as well

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman

Hey y'all, I just finished drawing good ol' K. Rool, so I thought I'd share it here! It's certainly got nothing on Bellboy's art though. XD

Zard lover Doom Desire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
N1ntendogam1ng
Uh oh...I think I legitimately like the DKC TV show, not that I don't know that it has flaws (DK's unfitting voice, some of the acting, K. Rool's lack of a bloodshot eye and also everyone's general inaccurate designs and the island being called Kongo Bongo) but something just...screams perfection. Also does anyone know the significance of the crystal coconut? K. Rool's gotten it in like 3 of the less than 10 episodes I've watched and he just does nothing once he gets it...is it symbolic?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Uh oh...I think I legitimately like the DKC TV show, not that I don't know that it has flaws (DK's unfitting voice, some of the acting, K. Rool's lack of a bloodshot eye and also everyone's general inaccurate designs and the island being called Kongo Bongo) but something just...screams perfection. Also does anyone know the significance of the crystal coconut? K. Rool's gotten it in like 3 of the less than 10 episodes I've watched and he just does nothing once he gets it...is it symbolic?
It's supposed to give him power to rule over the island.

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
I am sure they are. Sakurai himself has be induced to horrible amounts of stress just for working on the Smash Games and hoping each one meets expectations. Plus, I believe that Sakurai and his team would like to be done with Smash Brothers for a while.

Personally, I would hate to have to deal with the Smash Brothers fan base. You got the good and the bad with all of the major fan bases rolled up into one.
I'm not talking about meeting expectations, I'm talking about the lack of communication between the development team and the fan base. At least with Mario Kart 8, we had the dates for the DLC packs right from the getgo, despite pack 1 and 2 being almost a year apart. That didn't bother me, however, because I knew I wouldn't start shovelling coal into the hype train until a month prior to each package. I don't think any fan is being unreasonable by asking for news, it doesn't have to be a super fancy direct. It would take literally 15 seconds to tweet 'The development team is hard at work' or 'We are on holidays' or 'Expect a direct in a month'.

Last edited:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
So it doesn't have any actual magical properties? It's just a symbol of absolute rule?
From what I can tell, it does have magic properties, sometimes Cranky asks it questions and it responds. (Like telling him which of two identical drinks was the poison, and which was tea.) And once K. Rool tried to use it as a power source for his satellite thing, but that's all that I can remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Last edited:

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet

Hey y'all, I just finished drawing good ol' K. Rool, so I thought I'd share it here! It's certainly got nothing on Bellboy's art though. XD
thats a good drawing and i just now drew that k.rool on miiverse its almost the same as yours

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I know a lot of you are frustrated by the lack of updates from Nintendo lately, but Smash just got new DLC stages and costumes, so to say the Smash team hasn't done anything in 4 months is crazy... I'm sure we'll get a direct this month, you'll just have to be patient.

Seriously, if there's no DKC character as a DLC this time around am seriously gonna be worried about the future of both Smash and DKC. If after 4 installments Donkey Kong Country is only represented by DK, Diddy and Level 1 the Jungle Stage then this is a SERIOUS problem. DKC isn't being taken as seriously as just about any other Nintendo franchise. And it's so weird to, because Returns counts as big as a revival as FE Awakening and KI Uprising.
I agree with some parts but I reckon the Rare buyout 10 odd years ago had its effect, not only on the DK franchise in general, which lost a bit of its (Leo)luster and status, but in Smash too. It is annoying to see DK shafted like this. You just get the feeling that there's a bit of a disdain and lack of empathy for the series, hate is too strong of a word. There is SO much that could be done which has been mentioned, from assist trophies to non jungle levels to a new character to bosses. Brawl was great in terms of the variety of DK content. Adding in one of K. Rool and/or Dixie will go a long way to fixing the discontent, for me anyway.

People don't realise just how important and iconic the franchise is. Yes, it isn't as lofty as it once was(though Tropical Freeze and Returns have set it on its way back somewhat), it went a fair way to making the SNES successful, arguably Nintendo's greatest ever console and put the rebooted DK character on the map.

It would be real quirky to see DK. Jr as a retro rep. I think that's a massive longshot though. Regardless, K. Rool/Dixie first!

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
A character is all DKC needs to feel better represented, not to say it doesn't deserve items, ATs, and more music that isn't 8 varieties of the same tune. I feel the thing people overlook is that DKC:R was massively more successful of a revival than Awakening and Uprising combined. The 3DS Port of DKC:R outsold both games put together and then some, and that's after the Wii version sold stellarly and had been out for a while!

There's no denying the star power of the DKC series even after 10 years on ice, especially now that Tropical Freeze has also hit and was amazingly received. The fact that K. Rool remains such an influential, beloved, and memorable character in spite of his long absence in addition to DKC's sheer number of sales makes his inclusion seem a no brainer, especially at this point. But then again Sakurai has always been full of surprises, hasn't he.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Even Zelda is weirdly represented as if Ocarina of Time is the ONLY game in the series that matters... Same case as ours basically, but overly glorified thus not as noticable. Nobody cares about Zelda outside of OOT remakes it seems. OOT HD remake for Nintendo NX confirmed? Am guessing it's a 50 / 50 case ...
I don't see how Ocarina of Time is over-represented in Smash 4. The Zelda characters in the game aren't even based off their OoT incarnations.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik is only in because she was so good in Melee.
Truth has been spoken

Also, about DK Jr., I think he'd be a nice addition. But before his inclusion I want at least King K.Rool and Dixie in. DK Jr. could be a nice way to represent the arcade Donkey Kong with. It also would be funny if we had DK, DK Jr., Diddy and Cranky all in one game.

Last edited:
(unsure if sarcasm)
Or . . . you know the fact she was shackled to zelda. and the fact she was a popular character from a popular game.

I don't think Sakurai would keep a character just from competitive level. Or else we wouldn't have ganondorf after Brawl. Or mewtwo and Roy now.

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
*Personally I think Impa should inherit Sheik's moveset and use Shiek as a pallet swap but thats unrelated* As for almost 4 months (tomorrow) without a direct, we are definitely getting something soon. We just HAVE too. I'll be honest though,I'm more excited about other games in a direct than Sm4sh at the moment.... But really, anytime I see smash dlc it makes me hype.... As for DK.Jr, I think he'd be a cool addition, but not before the big timers get in.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Personally I'd extend this logic to several other characters persistence in the series as well. Marth and Jigglypuff are particularly annoying, imo, because nobody would care about them as characters if they weren't good in Melee. Have you played Marth's games or their DS remakes? They're awful the lot of them and he's one of the worst units in them on top of being a very boring character. Shiek at least was very popular in OoT and made for an interesting mechanic in Melee, making her a great fanservice choice and an interesting project for the developers to make a the time. She has since then finally resurfaced in Hyrule Warriors as well which is nice.

Remember guys, as much as we want to hope and believe we'll get something tomorrow, or at least at the end of the month, we really cannot know either way. Don't run yourselves rampant with expectations on the chance that they simply aren't met. Still, between this new E-Shop data mining and the fact if they do one this month they can also do one in December and keep up the traditional bi-monthly vibe I do think it would make sense for us to get one soon.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Personally I'd extend this logic to several other characters persistence in the series as well. Marth and Jigglypuff are particularly annoying, imo, because nobody would care about them as characters if they weren't good in Melee. Have you played Marth's games or their DS remakes? They're awful the lot of them and he's one of the worst units in them on top of being a very boring character. Shiek at least was very popular in OoT and made for an interesting mechanic in Melee, making her a great fanservice choice and an interesting project for the developers to make a the time. She has since then finally resurfaced in Hyrule Warriors as well which is nice.

Remember guys, as much as we want to hope and believe we'll get something tomorrow, or at least at the end of the month, we really cannot know either way. Don't run yourselves rampant with expectations on the chance that they simply aren't met. Still, between this new E-Shop data mining and the fact if they do one this month they can also do one in December and keep up the traditional bi-monthly vibe I do think it would make sense for us to get one soon.
I didn't know Jigglypuff was that good in Melee until after Brawl came out and enjoyed her in every title

Because she's a unique fighter. She got in because of ease to make in 64 and popularity of the anime, but she's a staple because of what she brings.

And for Marth, here's the thing. He may be "average" in terms of lords and how his character written, but he's massively popular amongst Fire Emblem fans and holds as the face of the series. When Melee and Brawl came out, he's the ONLY one in the series to get a second game in which they star, and still the only one to get an animated adaptation. The only other character to be a protagonist twice? :4myfriends:, and of the two least succesful titles in the entire series.

Are you going to claim that :4diddy:,:4olimar:,or :4metaknight: made it from Brawl to Smash 4 because they were really good in that game?

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Explain how Ness made it to Smash 4 when he's been consistently awful in all the previous games, and why Snake was cut despite being top tier in Brawl.

Top Bottom