• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Am I the only one that didn't like the show as a kid? I remember being excited to watch the Crystal Coconut movie and being incredibly let down because it wasn't really anything like the games. Then the show came out and I was like "wtf is this ****?". That being said, the one thing that really made me not like the show was the fact that K. Rool didn't have a tail. Unforgivable.
Yeah, I kinda agree with you. But to be fair, most of the songs were catchy as hell.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one that didn't like the show as a kid? I remember being excited to watch the Crystal Coconut movie and being incredibly let down because it wasn't really anything like the games. Then the show came out and I was like "wtf is this ****?". That being said, the one thing that really made me not like the show was the fact that K. Rool didn't have a tail. Unforgivable.
I went in with previous knowledge about game-to-TV adaptations taking unnecessary liberties that I don't like, so in spite of the flaws it has, I was able to enjoy it for what it was.

My only quibble at the time was actually the use of non-game 3D models, but I realised in short order that it was likely due to licensing hurdles.

Well, there was another quibble, and that was Bluster Kong. I went in expecting an unnecessary made-for-TV character or two being added in order to confuse people about the source material, and sure enough there he was, right alongside Eddie the Mean Old Yeti. :laugh:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
i'm getting more worried about k rools chances now. So many leaks,sso many rumors, my brain can't take the pressure anymore >.<

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
What if there was another Donkey Kong tv show? What voice actor do you see voicing King K. Rool? Would you rather have the same voice actors or new people?
I'll admit, I did'nt really care much for the show, I mean it did have it's moments with humor and catchy songs but it just was'nt quite what I was expecting. Like Welshy said, it bothered me that K. Rool had no tail or long cape and no bloodshot eye(though it did bulge at times so I give the show credit for that at least), plus why was it that Scurvy got a golden belly but K. Rool didn't? which also reminds me that there should've been more pirate kremlings in the show as well.

If they do remake a DKC show, I want it to be more like the games. Where the kremlings are a force to be reckoned with, I want to see them beat up DK and Diddy more as I want to see them beat up the Kremlings and K. Rool should be more insane and physically strong, not a bumbling coward who's just up to mischief. Also I want him to steal DK's banana hoard or the Golden Bananas (he did in one episode from Inka Dinka's temple, so that was one accurate episode with him). Heck, the episode where Krusha got smart from being bumped on the head by a mine cart which caused him to be even more evil than K. Rool and actually tried to destroy the Kongs with a dynamite in the cart is what K. Rool should've been doing in the entire show. They did get some characters right though like Cranky and Diddy in terms of design and voices. I hope they make Candy Kong more prettier too like she should be. Also, have K. Rool change gimmicks in the tv show. King would be his common uniform still but he could be a pirate, mad scientist, viking, etc. depending on what episode's story is about.

Anyway, I liked the show because it was so bad that it was good but I still would've loved to see a darker tone. Ben Campbell could still play K. Rool, heck I believe he has the potential to make K. Rool sound and act even more evil as well compared to what he was given. Otherwise, I want to hear a voice actor similar to DK64's K. Rool's voice. I also think they should've used Dixie in more episodes as well and introduce Lanky, Chunky, Tiny, and Swanky in it too.

Oh yeah, Animal buddies too, I'd love to see the Kong's interact with Rambi, Enguarde, Winky, and Expresso. And I want to see more Squawks then just a pirate one too as well as none kremling enemies such as gnawties, neckies, and zingers.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I would love him to have his DK64 voice. And if it's only for a taunt: "THOOONK YOUUU!" :chuckle:

By the way, am I the only one who loves that Diddy, DK & Bowser have animal voices? Fits much better into a fighting game. I'd only make an exception for DK, since I'd love to have Grant Kirkhopes voice with the occasional "YEEEAHH..." in it. For K. Rool, I'd be fine with a mix of his voice and more animal-like sounds for certain attacks/grunts.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I would love him to have his DK64 voice. And if it's only for a taunt: "THOOONK YOUUU!" :chuckle:

By the way, am I the only one who loves that Diddy, DK & Bowser have animal voices? Fits much better into a fighting game. I'd only make an exception for DK, since I'd love to have Grant Kirkhopes voice with the occasional "YEEEAHH..." in it. For K. Rool, I'd be fine with a mix of his voice and more animal-like sounds for certain attacks/grunts.
You're not the only one dude, apparently we're just in the minority. DK and Diddy sound better to me with animal voices, those are the ones I'd choose for them too if I was'nt able to use their voices from DK64. Bowser's good too, I just wish his monster roars sounded more like the ones from the n64 and gamecube days. Same here for K. Rool though I'd preferably go with his "UNGH!"s from DKC and his DK64 voice for his attacks.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Bowser's voice doesn't sound nearly as good as it did in Brawl. Ik it's the same audio clips, but they're much less louder than they were before, and make him feel less threatening tbh. Brawl in general is a lot louder than Smash 4, Bowser is just one of the more noticeable examples.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
A friend of mine has told me that a "friend of Stealth" has said that the character is Ridley along a Splatoon stage. Obviously take this with the biggest grain of salt.

A friend of mine has told me that a "friend of Stealth" has said that the character is Ridley along a Splatoon stage. Obviously take this with the biggest grain of salt.
That's from a gamefaqs thread.

Someone claimed to be stealth and that they would pm the first person to respond. There is no reason to believe they were actually stealth. Ridley isn't happening and being with a Splatoon stage doesn't make sense either.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
To be honest, I could see Ridley happening, however unlikely it is....but definitely not him paired with a Splatoon stage. If we even get Ridley, there's no real incentive to bring a stage with him since they already have Pyrosphere.

A Splatoon stage only makes sense if it's paired with Inkling as DLC, not Ridley. So yeah, it's most likely false.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hmm... hope it means Nintendo is planning to revive Donkey Kong Jr.... it would be nice to play as DK Jr. again in Mario Tennis and see him in Mario vs. Donkey Kong games.... or even make a Donkey Kong Jr. Math x Brain Age crossover :awesome: but I would be okay with DK Jr. getting in Smash too. ;)
Due to that downloadable quote in the article, I'm hoping Smash also has something to do with it. Mii Fighter outfit, or playable character.

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
Due to that downloadable quote in the article, I'm hoping Smash also has something to do with it. Mii Fighter outfit, or playable character.
A Mii costume would look pretty strange, but I would kinda like DK Jr as a character. He would definitely be unique and would make for a cool retro rep. His potential stage would be awesome, too. AND, he could be bundled with K Rool in a Donkey Kong pack with Donkey Kong themed Mii costumes! How fun it is to make up pipe dreams.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, I think he'd have some weird animal sound effect, just like Bowser and Dedede. Bowser straight up sounds like Godzilla, and Dedede? I don't even know wtf Dededes sounds are supposed to be. Someone shoving a microphone down their throat? XD
Well he is voiced by Sakurai in the smash games, so... I guess Sakurai is shoving a mircophone down his throat.:troll:

This is a bit strange and is somewhat weird how they also did K. Rool too this year. Or it can mean this(taken from the comment section):
shredbergsays:
October 14, 2015 at 7:23 pm

I can’t wait for the NX launch title Donkey Kong Jr. Math 2: Algebra Strikes Back
Please.. not another mii costume. I hope it is either a new game or a playable character. *Crosses fingers for K. Rool and DK Jr. Character Bundle*

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Iirc the DeZa thread they said that stealth had told them, not that they were stealth. Though that bit doesnt really matter as it's likely 100% fake anyway lol

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Know what I'd like to see in Baja Blast? A boss consisting of a regular Kritter wearing the Sm4sh K. Rool costume throwing bowling balls and using hand to hand moves. All the while he's constantly trying to pretend he's the real deal.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Know what I'd like to see in Baja Blast? A boss consisting of a regular Kritter wearing the Sm4sh K. Rool costume throwing bowling balls and using hand to hand moves. All the while he's constantly trying to pretend he's the real deal.
Is the new Donkey Kong going to be based on the Taco Bell Mountain Dew flavor? lol

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This is a bit strange and is somewhat weird how they also did K. Rool too this year.
They didn't, though. They simply marked his name as trademarked, which isn't the same as filing. However, it also doesn't necessarily mean anything, because DK Jr. has had the trademark for years. They simply renewed it.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
They didn't, though. They simply marked his name as trademarked, which isn't the same as filing. However, it also doesn't necessarily mean anything, because DK Jr. has had the trademark for years. They simply renewed it.
Donkey Kong Jr. and Donkey Kong Jr. Math confirmed as NX Virtual Console launch titles a year or two from now. :laugh:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Donkey Kong Jr. and Donkey Kong Jr. Math confirmed as NX Virtual Console launch titles a year or two from now. :laugh:
I'm pretty sure they're taking the NX into account when planning these VC releases and they'll make sure everything works on NX out of the box. Maybe not necessarily Wii U and 3DS, but VC I think will take that into account.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
"GIVE IT UP FOR DAY 11 OF NO SMASH BALLOT NEWS"
Be patient, it's probably going to take another month or so. The ballot didn't seem so important to them, considering how they've barely spoken about it since it went up. Like, 2 times on their Facebook or so...? They didn't even remind you to vote before it was ending.

I'm tired of staying positive, this is absolutely ridiculous. Very unprofessional behaviour from a company like Nintendo. I actually had some hope that this would be a big event, and that they would be serious about it.

:130:

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
uh oh japan may get the mario super sluggers wii game for their virtual console which has the kritters and king k.rool himself in there too but the thing is....its not confirmed yet also i do hope the real king k.rool comes to Super Smash Bros soon enough or he will be saved for the next super smash bros game

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Iirc the DeZa thread they said that stealth had told them, not that they were stealth. Though that bit doesnt really matter as it's likely 100% fake anyway lol
This is correct. I've been going back and forth with DeZa on GameFaqs, and to his credit (only the best trolls do this) he's not backing down from what he claimed and seems deadset that it's happening. He/she has slipped up a couple times though, one of the most notable being that Stealth and the others are using everyone thinking it's Inkling as a red herring to keep them off of the real character's trail (allegedly Ridley).

So yeah. This is undoubtedly the work of a stubborn troll who gets their jollies out of getting people's hopes up for something that frankly will never happen.
That being said, if there's any here who DID get their hopes for a Ridley reveal (I know there's a lot of overlap between Ridley and K. Rool fans), give your hopes to me and I'll take them on. And then drop this rumor and move on.
You see, no matter how bad the leak or claim, I ALWAYS get my hopes up for Ridley, so sadly, I'm already lonnng gone, chugging away on the hype train that's bound for nowhere but a trainwreck.
No reason any of you should go down that path too.

On a K. Rool related note, I got my sister into him the other day. Here were her words when I showed him to her: "Wow. He looks REALLY cool!"
I'm proud of her. :)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Yeah I can't believe people thought they'd actually wait 5 months before they started the DLC lol

To me Sakurai saying that from here on it'll be fan service after Ryu means that he was the final pre ballot character. So they've spent the 5 months working on ballot DLC. That makes me think that the character that's been hyped in the leaks is actually from the ballot. It just might not be K.Rool because they didn't think the character won it.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
uh oh japan may get the mario super sluggers wii game for their virtual console which has the kritters and king k.rool himself in there too but the thing is....its not confirmed yet also i do hope the real king k.rool comes to Super Smash Bros soon enough or he will be saved for the next super smash bros game
Source please?

Morbi

Scavenger
They probably already knew which characters they were adding before it ended, so any last minute votes would've been meaningless.
Regardless of that fact, a reasonable person would still expect them to support the ballot in a meaningful way (last minute reminder, closing it on time, etc.) given that it was the alleged medium for fan interaction.
This is correct. I've been going back and forth with DeZa on GameFaqs, and to his credit (only the best trolls do this) he's not backing down from what he claimed and seems deadset that it's happening. He/she has slipped up a couple times though, one of the most notable being that Stealth and the others are using everyone thinking it's Inkling as a red herring to keep them off of the real character's trail (allegedly Ridley).

So yeah. This is undoubtedly the work of a stubborn troll who gets their jollies out of getting people's hopes up for something that frankly will never happen.
That being said, if there's any here who DID get their hopes for a Ridley reveal (I know there's a lot of overlap between Ridley and K. Rool fans), give your hopes to me and I'll take them on. And then drop this rumor and move on.
You see, no matter how bad the leak or claim, I ALWAYS get my hopes up for Ridley, so sadly, I'm already lonnng gone, chugging away on the hype train that's bound for nowhere but a trainwreck.
No reason any of you should go down that path too.

On a K. Rool related note, I got my sister into him the other day. Here were her words when I showed him to her: "Wow. He looks REALLY cool!"
I'm proud of her. :)
You never know, Stealth might have actually told them that it WAS Ridley just to troll them and create a separate "red herring" to throw us off the trail of the real character. Albeit, most of us here in the King K. Rool thread are still, probably, expecting King K. Rool. Ha ha.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Incoming "Donkey Kong Country Origins" game with DK Jr. and the rise of King K. Rool. A game so full of lore and links to every other game that you will stick bananas in your ears.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
DK Jr. or a game involving DK Jr. (namely Super Mario Kart/Mario Tennis 64) on the eShop and/or mobile phones is imminent, which makes sense. Also, the NX is gonna need a Virtual Console library, and the WiiU is too for next year with no big titles imminent outside of Star Fox (unproven draw) and Zelda (has been fading as a draw post-Twilight Princess... BIG TIME).
Someone claimed to be stealth and that they would pm the first person to respond. There is no reason to believe they were actually stealth.
I know a guy who is stealth...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Incoming "Donkey Kong Country Origins" game with DK Jr. and the rise of King K. Rool. A game so full of lore and links to every other game that you will stick bananas in your ears.
That would kinda be interesting lol. I've been talking about how it'd be cool to see a game that goes back to the "Donkey Kong" title (not the gameplay) to bridge the gap between the two. Probably for the 35th anniversary or something. I don't think it'd have the original Donkey Kong gameplay, but it could be "Donkey Kong: Krocodile Rising" or something like that. I like the name "Kremkroc Industries", and have it that K. Rool used DK Isle before the Kongs inhabited it, and took "Donkey Kong" (Cranky) to work in his factory and DK Jr. (DK/Cranky's grandson) becomes the new Donkey Kong to save the original DK and also rescues other Kongs in the process, with the island officially becoming DK Isle.

I don't think it'd happen but it'd be cool.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
You're not the only one dude, apparently we're just in the minority. DK and Diddy sound better to me with animal voices, those are the ones I'd choose for them too if I was'nt able to use their voices from DK64. Bowser's good too, I just wish his monster roars sounded more like the ones from the n64 and gamecube days.
Oh yes, that's true. Bowsers old voice made him sound more like a wild beast, which was pretty awesome that way.

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
Source please?
this is the source i found

After the leak of Twilight Princess HD was found by data miners, the floodgates have opened into a peek at what’s potentially coming to the Wii U eShop, in Japan at least. Here’s a quick look at some of the titles that were found. Remember, these are not confirmed titles that will be released, just speculation at this point.

Of note is several Zelda titles from old Gameboy handhelds like Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass.

Wii U virtual console games

• 1080* Snowboarding (N64) [JP]
  • Adventures of Bayou Billy, The (NES) [JP]
  • Bishoujo Janshi Suchie-Pai (SNES) [JP]
  • Chu Chu Rocket! (GBA) [JP]
  • City Connection (NES) [JP]
  • Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX (GBA) [JP]
  • Darius Twin (SNES) [JP]
  • Dig Dug 2 (NES) [EU]
  • Dig Dug 2 (NES) [JP]
  • Drill Dozer (GBA) [JP]
  • F-Zero Climax (GBA) [JP]