• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
The problem is a few of them have also stated they don't necessarily think its the fact that the character wasn't highly requested in the ballot, but that the character was simply started way too soon for it to be a ballot character (in their opinion).
So we might be getting them soon after the announcement. At least we won't have to wait long.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not a ballot character is must about THE most safe thing to say in case we do get something unexpected, and stupid. I don't believe anything about it.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
It not being a ballot character could just simply mean it is a character that was planned before the results were even decided. It doesn't necessarily mean the character isn't on the ballot, or a popular choice from it.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
One thing that I don't understand is why there is this secret circle of people that somehow know the exact answer to Smash Bros. DLC. Seriously, why are there 6 or 7 people that claim they know information and refuse to say anything else? If they were actually nice and understanding people why would anyone bait and taunt such an excitable fanbase like this one? Why would you even need to announce the fact that you know something? Just so you can have 15 minutes of fame? That kind of sickens me a bit that there is all this drama and people who claim that they know stuff are causing more harm and animosity than good.

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
One thing that I don't understand is why there is this secret circle of people that somehow know the exact answer to Smash Bros. DLC. Seriously, why are there 6 or 7 people that claim they know information and refuse to say anything else? If they were actually nice and understanding people why would anyone bait and taunt such an excitable fanbase like this one? Why would you even need to announce the fact that you know something? Just so you can have 15 minutes of fame? That kind of sickens me a bit that there is all this drama and people who claim that they know stuff are causing more harm and animosity than good.
What if, since they all pretty much know each other, or at least some do, they all planned this out as a massive ruse? And they don't care if people jump on the bandwagon, because that just helps build up the hype and eventual fallout?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
What if, since they all pretty much know each other, or at least some do, they all planned this out as a massive ruse? And they don't care if people jump on the bandwagon, because that just helps build up the hype and eventual fallout?
Because that would ruin their credibility and cost them some fans. Not a favorable outcome for anyone involved in those claims.

Uzume

Orange Heart
If the character is this month and it's not a ballot character, my bets on Wolf. they were probably porting him over anyway.

Uzume

Orange Heart
I can also vouch for Chibi Robo becoming the non-ballot newcomer due to them wanting to promote recent things with the dlc lately.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
But the sources claims the character will be a newcomer and will be bundled with a stage...
Stealth said he'd hang himself if it was Wolf, what an ***. To be honest I'd just say go on twitter, claim that you know about the leak as well, then say who the characters is, than pester the "leakers".

Last edited:

CardboardedBox

Smash Rookie
I heard they're canceling the Chibi-Robo series if zip-lash does bad, because every chibi game never sold well, and this might be their final attempt to sell the character. It would make sense that they would add chibi into smash to raise his popularity in hopes that they don't have to kill him off, even if many people didn't vote for him.

Uzume

Orange Heart
I heard they're canceling the Chibi-Robo series if zip-lash does bad, because every chibi game never sold well, and this might be their final attempt to sell the character. It would make sense that they would add chibi into smash to raise his popularity in hopes that they don't have to kill him off, even if many people didn't vote for him.
Exactly. Having him as a Smash character would be the best advertisement in disguise as well as pleasing his fans.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Seeing the wonderful pieces submitted by our own Kutthroats has made me want to do something to help the Kampaign in some way. While I may not be the best when it comes to drawing and sketching things, I reckon I'm quite okay when it comes to the craft of words and verse - so to that end, I've decided to write a poem in honour of our beloved Kaptain!

It's a rather different telling of the events of the DKC series, told from the perspective of both the Kremlings and the Kongs, and the meter is inspired by the Gangplank Galleon theme from the first DKC. I'd recommend having that on in the background when you read this, since it's what I had playing constantly while I wrote it.

Keep up the good work, Kutthroats!

Yo, ho, blow the kroc down
Set sail for the isle with a glint on his krown

Yo, ho, raise the black skull
Bananas for feastin' and apes to be culled

Fruit and booty's what we've got
Send the apes their warning shot
Black flag's crossbones on display
Hell of a storm is on its way

Scurvy brigands, that we be
Terrors of the seven seas
Swig a shot and cut their throats
Skin the chimps for fancy coats

Filthy no-good dirty apes
Monkey sees your jungle japes
Chase 'em down with sword and gun
Dippin' 'nanas in our rum

Shanties, bloodshed, scales and claws
Fightin' for the kroco cause
No remorse, no fear, is what we cry
Turn your tail or prepare to die

Where were you when storm turned to tempest
The shadow of the skulls and crossbones had been cast
Cold of blood and borne of fear, our home invaded
We fought, our blood turned black as the briny sea

Smoke and steel went high on the ship of hell
The demon wind cut deep, chilled to the very bone
There was salt in our blood and fire in the skies
Ape and kroc baptised in these waters of death

Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea
The storm raged on - but his rage was greater
Kaptain of the damned, king of the wretched crew
When he cried, the heavens trembled, eternal foe

With his every step, the earth split open
By his damnable command, the creatures came
Steel clashed with bone, knuckles turned white
'Til the waves themselves ran red with blood

Son and forefather, kin and kind, no lives were spared
In sacrifice of the greater good, we bore the shrapnel well
With primal roar, we beat them back, defied their flag
And their ship descended to the bitter deep

Never had his face been seen by our kind
Teeth rattling like sabers, the trigger was pulled
Chests beating the sound of war drums, it rained
A cold and deadly shower that pierced our dreams

The devil himself, eye burning with vagrant sin
Scales drowned by salt and bile, his blood ran cold
The final shot was fired, the greatest punch was thrown
Beyond good and evil, heroes and devils dreamed

The captain defeated, his crew was no more
The battle subsided, the sea reclaimed its own
No traces remained, yet here we will stay
The kroc will return - we wait for the day

Yo, ho, blow the kroc down
Chewed up in the deep from his tail to his krown

Yo, ho, the Kaptain is dead
The kredits keep on rolling
Or is he?

Nice lol.

Right now I'm making a Super Mario Maker stage simply titled "Kongquest." Play as Diddy across Crocodile Isle! Gangplank Galleon, Crocodile Cauldron, K. Rool's Keep, and The Flying Kroc. (Unfortunately that's all I'll be able to fit.)
PM me the code, I want to play it when it's done.

Ok, we could all use a moment of comedy and levity, so
Reaction: You are now an actual Kremling
Fi Fy Fo Fum, I'm a Sarcosuchus and I smell, the putrid mangy hair of ape scum!

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. Having him as a Smash character would be the best advertisement in disguise as well as pleasing his fans.
Being real here, I haven't played or even touched any of the Chibi Robo games. Besides that, I think he would be a great character for smash. If he was in it, it would not only boost interest in the series, it would give us another gamecube era character. Not everyone will agree on this, but I would think he'd still generate hype IF he was pre-ballot.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Or is he?

PM me the code, I want to play it when it's done.

Fi Fy Fo Fum, I'm a Sarcosuchus and I smell, the putrid mangy hair of ape scum!
Why should I PM it? I want as many people to see it, so I'll just post a link to the tweet here lol.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I enjoy the Kutthroats ever since my space pirates were foiled... let's hope atleast one deserving villain can push his way in! :160::160:

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute, guys....the answer to this character reveal conundrum's been right under our noses the whole time! Let's look at the facts:
-Social Media will go insane
-Not ballot winner (K. Rool obvs won, so he's out for now ;_; )
-Hype level of 9...most people would be happy, but a small circle of f***wads hate him
-Bound to get in eventually

Don't you see it?

Boom. I win. King me.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I can also vouch for Chibi Robo becoming the non-ballot newcomer due to them wanting to promote recent things with the dlc lately.
Thing is, that'd be completely out of character for Sakurai. While he's been okay with using costumes or stages as cross-promotion tools, that's never been the main reason he's pushed for a character's inclusion. He cares more about what a character could bring to Smash than the character's identity or what series it represents.

Sorry to cut in like that. I'm just sick and tired of seeing such a flawed argument be treated as a trump card.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wait a minute, guys....the answer to this character reveal conundrum's been right under our noses the whole time! Let's look at the facts:
-Social Media will go insane
-Not ballot winner (K. Rool obvs won, so he's out for now ;_; )
-Hype level of 9...most people would be happy, but a small circle of f***wads hate him
-Bound to get in eventually

Don't you see it?

Boom. I win. King me.

Sir_Killz

Smash Cadet
I guess I haven't been involved in the community nearly as long as a lot of people here, but I just find it extremely unlikely that a select few of people have access to all of this surely hard to obtain information. I'm not saying that there is absolutely no way that these guys have this information however it just seems strange to me. Plus from what I've seen (correct me if I'm wrong) I thought I saw that it's not a ballot character, it's not wolf, shantae, or shovel knight, the reveal will be sometime this month and will contain a stage character combo. It seems very unlikely in my eyes that this character, which would be pre-ballot according to sources, could be anyone but Wolf. Like I said I could be completely wrong and these sources could be dead on just my opinion. Also when they added Lucas back it just seems like a big middle finger to everyone that loved Wolf. I'm not even a big fan of wolf myself it just seems like he's for sure in. I would love for this source to be true as any news at this point would be amazing in my eyes. I just feel like these sources containing all this info should be taken lightly without concrete proof. Anyways does anyone else sit and wonder what their genuine reaction to a K Rool trailer would be? Mine would be something like goose bumps, then a little jumping, probably would text my friends and brother, then hop straight on this forum page while shooting champaign at my computer screen in celebration!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Why should I PM it? I want as many people to see it, so I'll just post a link to the tweet here lol.
Ok, I just don't want to miss it in the overflowing pages of comments here lol. I'm following both your twitter accounts just in case I do.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Thing is, that'd be completely out of character for Sakurai. While he's been okay with using costumes or stages as cross-promotion tools, that's never been the main reason he's pushed for a character's inclusion. He cares more about what a character could bring to Smash than the character's identity or what series it represents.

Sorry to cut in like that. I'm just sick and tired of seeing such a flawed argument be treated as a trump card.
But then again, Sakurai could go out say many reasons as to HOW AND WHY he considered a character after the reveal. I'm sure that will be the case with ANY character. Reasoning could be in there somehow.

Top Bottom