• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
And why I still would be happy if Shantae got in, I'll be honest looks like Montagna kinda desperately shoved the camera in his face and took a quick snap. I mean who wouldn't, it's Sakurai after all.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
seems like GameXplain and BitBlock are on our side! (and pretty confident that K. Rool will be added in the game).

or at least they changed their minds through the time (I don't really remember if someone there was against K. Rool).
They haven't changed their minds unless it was a long time ago. At least two of them put him on their top 5 DLC picks, and even when the costume came out, they were skeptical that it deconfirmed him.

Last edited:

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
Well now that the ballot is done I want to thank everyone on their contribution to our cause. Even if our King doesn't get in (which is very unlikely), we could still say that we tried. Thank you all.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Hello, everyone. It's me, all of your favorite (/sarc) poster back after a hiatus. Now, I can't read through all of the 157 pages the thread has progressed since I've been gone;; I'm only human, so I'll just try to gleam what's going on through context.

In other news, I finally got around to voting during my absence. I'll leave what I remember of my write-up for anyone who's interested.

King K. Rool is a very good pick for the smash bros roster. Don't get me wrong, the costume is a lovely concept, but I feel K. Rool deserves to be a fighter as well. He is a great character oozing with personality, and with limitless potential to make him unique, fun, and a worthwhile addition. I know many people in addition to myself who would love the King's inclusion, and I thank you for your time.

But enough of this ancient history, time to reply to some relevant topics.

Why would you be worried? It's not like we can have 3 K. Rools...
King K Rool, Kaptain K. Rool, and Baron K. Roolenstein. Perfect dlc roster right here :p.

I'm not going to lie, I don't like any of you. Your attitudes are pathetic, you don't show the initiative and devotion to the cause that I think is necessary, and most of you are also supporting characters other than the King which is just counter intuitive and lame.
You call yourself a kutthroat, but also berate the community as a whole. If you truly were one, then surely you'd have respect for your fellow komrades. That being said, I'd like to say that I'm sorry your perspective on the quantity of effort wasn't reached, but I can't bring myself to do so after this paragraph. Who are you to try and tell people how many characters they can support? In what way is it counterintuitive? People will like what they like, and there is absolutely nothing wrong at all with that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Whatever, I actually think Shantae is pretty cool, and we know Sakurai would love to add more competent female characters.

That said, even if this turns out right, who cares? There's still at least two more slots and I'm starting to not think Snake or Wolf are one of them.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That picture, I think it doesn't mean that much. It is just James with Sakurai. Doesn't mean Shantae will be in.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
You call yourself a kutthroat, but also berate the community as a whole. If you truly were one, then surely you'd have respect for your fellow komrades. That being said, I'd like to say that I'm sorry your perspective on the quantity of effort wasn't reached, but I can't bring myself to do so after this paragraph. Who are you to try and tell people how many characters they can support? In what way is it counterintuitive? People will like what they like, and there is absolutely nothing wrong at all with that.
In my view, a true Kutthroat is a K. Rool voter who voted for him and ONLY him. If you voted for K. Rool and Shovel Knight, then your contribution to K. Rool is just as great as your contribution to one of his biggest competitors. If SK does get in, then you would have been part of the reason K. Rool lost out on a slot. THAT'S what I meant by "counterintuitive". Being a Kutthroat means sacrifice. If you can't hold off on voting for whatever side character you want in (in my case, that would be Wolf), then you aren't a true Kutthroat period. You're just a guy who also happened to vote for K. Rool along with some flavour of the week you decided to take interest in recently.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If there's one indie character that I support, then it's Shantae. So far I've only got the Pirate's Curse (Which is a pretty fun game), and I do think she has potential to be a fun character in Smash Bros. I would be fine with her getting into Smash 4, but it would still be nowhere as hype inducing as King K. Rool's reveal.

As many said, don't take the picture too seriously. It could just be as simple as a friendly meeting between Sakurai and a WayForward employee. Let's not fall over this last hurdle and adopt the 'GRaaagh, this character stole my fav, i hate u Sakurai I'll never forgive you Donkey kong hater rasalefrazzle Mrgrrrr' mentality, kay?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
In my view, a true Kutthroat is a K. Rool voter who voted for him and ONLY him. If you voted for K. Rool and Shovel Knight, then your contribution to K. Rool is just as great as your contribution to one of his biggest competitors. If SK does get in, then you would have been part of the reason K. Rool lost out on a slot. THAT'S what I meant by "counterintuitive". Being a Kutthroat means sacrifice. If you can't hold off on voting for whatever side character you want in (in my case, that would be Wolf), then you aren't a true Kutthroat period. You're just a guy who also happened to vote for K. Rool along with some flavour of the week you decided to take interest in recently.
I love you too, dear~

I don't think the picture means anything, nor should we entertain the prospect of it getting between K. Rool and Smash. I happen to think Shantae's a fine character and there's plenty of room for both in the roster!

'GRaaagh, this character stole my fav, i hate u Sakurai I'll never forgive you Donkey kong hater rasalefrazzle Mrgrrrr'
I want this on a poster for my room.

Last edited:

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
Or you are a complete and total dip**** who is closed minded. It doesn't matter if this character gets in over this character, just chill and **** off.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Or you are a complete and total dip**** who is closed minded. It doesn't matter if this character gets in over this character, just chill and **** off.
Sorry I offended you, but that's just how I feel. I may come off as rude, but what I bolded is exactly what I'm talking about. You see, to me it does matter if certain characters (LIKE K.ROOL FOR INSTANCE) get in over others. I've wanted him in Smash for over a decade now, and this is the closest he's ever gotten. Call me a dip ****, tell me to **** off... I don't care. It just feels like I want K. Rool more than anyone here, that's what I meant when I said you guys didn't have enough conviction before.

Remember Ridley fans? They never slowed down, never compromised, and would never settle for less like you guys apparently would. They got noticed. Sure Sakurai screwed them over by not having the imagination to get him in the game, but they got noticed. You guys? You guys apparently think "It doesn't matter if this character gets in over this character", and I'm sorry, but as a true Kutthroat that will never be fine with me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Being a Kutthroat means supporting K. Rool and being a true fan. It doesn't mean you can't enjoy other things, because we aren't just getting one character. It's a suggestion box, not a true ballot.

Don't come up with reasons to create an "us vs. them" and especially don't go and imply a split in the Kutthroat ranks.

Seriously, it's a game.

And trust me, you're not the only one who's wanted K. Rool forever, and certainly not the one who's put the most effort into supporting him. Don't bring that **** in here.

We're all Kutthroats, and that's how it is.

Last edited:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I offended you, but that's just how I feel. I may come off as rude, but what I bolded is exactly what I'm talking about. You see, to me it does matter if certain characters (LIKE K.ROOL FOR INSTANCE) get in over others. I've wanted him in Smash for over a decade now, and this is the closest he's ever gotten. Call me a dip ****, tell me to **** off... I don't care. It just feels like I want K. Rool more than anyone here, that's what I meant when I said you guys didn't have enough conviction before.

Remember Ridley fans? They never slowed down, never compromised, and would never settle for less like you guys apparently would. They got noticed. Sure Sakurai screwed them over by not having the imagination to get him in the game, but they got noticed. You guys? You guys apparently think "It doesn't matter if this character gets in over this character", and I'm sorry, but as a true Kutthroat that will never be fine with me.
The reason why we aren't overly confident is because we want to be seen as a respectable and non-bullied group if our efforts are for not. It will happen no matter what if K. Rool is deconfirmed, but the best we can do is be respectful and congratulatory to other characters. We have stated constantly as to why we want K. Rool time and time again (sometimes almost in essay form). We just don't want to be braggy or pompous about it because other people want other characters. The best we can do as a group is congratulate other fanbases.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I see what you're saying, but calm down. You're letting him get the best of you by losing your cool.
As for you, Goodstyle_4 Goodstyle_4 , your idea of a Kutthroat Kommunity sounds like one of the most cancerous, toxic, and most importantly, close minded places to ever grace the internet, let alone these boards. What you ask is for us to focus our sole interest in the game and speculation on a single character, and only that character. To have any other hopes would be traitorous, in your eyes. Your sense of unity is facist and lacking in diversity of personality. So no thank you. Also, last time I checked, BKupa was the one who gets to decide what the term Kutthroat means. With all due respect, I suggest you take your leave, as you are not welcome here.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I can't force a change of your opinion, so I won't attempt to. However, I will say that regardless of one's feelings on the matter, we are all here because of one core reason -- we all love the King, and want to see him in Super Smash Bros., if not in Smash 4. It doesn't matter how many characters you've voted for; as long as you like the King, you'll always have a place here, at least in my eyes.

Last edited:

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
I see what you're saying, but calm down. You're letting him get the best of you by losing your cool.
As for you, Goodstyle_4 Goodstyle_4 , your idea of a Kutthroat Kommunity sounds like one of the most cancerous, toxic, and most importantly, close minded places to ever grace the internet, let alone these boards. What you ask is for us to focus our sole interest in the game and speculation on a single character, and only that character. To have any other hopes would be traitorous, in your eyes. Your sense of unity is facist and lacking in diversity of personality. So no thank you. Also, last time I checked, BKupa was the one who gets to decide what the term Kutthroat means. With all due respect, I suggest you take your leave, as you are not welcome here.
Sorry, but you get my point.

Last edited:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I feel like we are all also here because we love Smash Bros. Even if Shrek gets in, I would be hyped because it's new content. Smash Bros. is about fun and engagement and respecting everyone else in the fanbase and being open-minded to other people's wants is the best thing that we can do. For example, I would honestly rather have Marx in the game than I would K. Rool, but I love K. Rool and I feel like I found a place on this thread. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the kindness and open-mindedness of the thread itself.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
I feel like we are all also here because we love Smash Bros. Even if Shrek gets in, I would be hyped because it's new content. Smash Bros. is about fun and engagement and respecting everyone else in the fanbase and being open-minded to other people's wants is the best thing that we can do. For example, I would honestly rather have Marx in the game than I would K. Rool, but I love K. Rool and I feel like I found a place on this thread. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the kindness and open-mindedness of the thread itself.
This is also a valid and accurate point. I myself have four characters I'd like for dlc (most of which are unlikely to nearing the point of futility), none valued more than any of the others, but the Kommunity here is by far the best I've seen so far, and is one that I am am proud to say that I am a part of.

Last edited:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
I'll stay as long as I damn please. I don't post much anyways, just laying out my two cents on things. I won't be posting in this place again until the results come in so you can relax, but now that the ballot is basically over, I felt like what I had to say didn't matter anyways.

K. Rool will get in or he won't, but if he doesn't, just know that it will be because of "fans" like you who were unwilling to do whatever it took to get the king in. Every day I wish you guys had the ferocity of the Ridley fanbase, but alas...

I'll see you guys again when the ballot results come in, but until then... goodbye.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
K. Rool will get in or he won't, but if he doesn't, just know that it will be because of "fans" like you who were unwilling to do whatever it took to get the king in. Every day I wish you guys had the ferocity of the Ridley fanbase, but alas...
Ferocity of Ridley's fanbase...

You mean us telling other people that Ridley wasn't too big for Smash? That's the only real ferocious thing we did.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I'll stay as long as I damn please. I don't post much anyways, just laying out my two cents on things. I won't be posting in this place again until the results come in so you can relax, but now that the ballot is basically over, I felt like what I had to say didn't matter anyways.

I'll see you guys again when the ballot results come in, but until then... goodbye.
You know, a lot of people here like multiple characters. We're not a calculating army only striving for one objective, we are a group of people with similar interests. I'm pretty sure even the Ridley fanbase had other characters that they liked as well (K. Rool being one of them). I don't know why being considerate and nice is deemed a negative thing. This is a video game, not some political movement that needs to be addressed. We are video game players, not a group of people bent on taking down others.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Exactly what I was going to say. Cudos to King Ghidorah, hope he is in Godzilla 2.

I think people are taking this way farther than it is. Could it mean Shantae is in? Mabye, mabye not. I'm not the one to call the shots. I still don't think she deserves it compared to Wolf or K. Rool, and I think Wayforward needs to stop pressuring people into voting for her, but good for the Shantae supporters if it is confirmation.

Besides this, we are here to support the king, lets not get hopeless so soon.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd actually like to see Shantae get in. I did send a vote her way (and to Bandana Dee, and Krystal, and Ridley, and about 3-4 for K. Rool, I forget which). Most people who are lukewarm or against indies in Smash seem to have the sentiment of wanting Shantae over Shovel Knight because Shantae has had THREE very good Nintendo exclusives, and a fourth game coming out, and a recent Japanese release of Pirate's Curse with breakout popularity in Japan with fermenting support prior to it releasing over there.

I think she fits the visual theme of (most) of the Smash characters very well and could be a unique character. And a little more diversity never hurts. As long as K. Rool gets in as well, and I think he will. I'm very confident in the King's chances right now.

My apologies Shovel Knight fans, but I will be very glad if he does not make it in. Shantae is the only 3rd party I support besides the Bear and Bird, which is a pipe dream at best.

We will find out soon enough.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Exactly what I was going to say. Cudos to King Ghidorah, hope he is in Godzilla 2.

I think people are taking this way farther than it is. Could it mean Shantae is in? Mabye, mabye not. I'm not the one to call the shots. I still don't think she deserves it compared to Wolf or K. Rool, and I think Wayforward needs to stop pressuring people into voting for her, but good for the Shantae supporters if it is confirmation.

Besides this, we are here to support the king, lets not get hopeless so soon.
Tell it like it is, golden destroyer of worlds.

Last edited:

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
You know what, I just realized we might not have a definitive answer for a couple weeks at least, because they have to tally millions upon millions of votes. So be patient my friends, as hard as it is going to be, be patient.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
You know what, I just realized we might not have a definitive answer for a couple weeks at least, because they have to tally millions upon millions of votes. So be patient my friends, as hard as it is going to be, be patient.
It's very possible they were reading these votes for months and just check up now and then to see if there was any major shifts in votes. Plus, they probably have a robust system of tallying these things and shouldn't take too terribly long to do.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I'd actually like to see Shantae get in. I did send a vote her way (and to Bandana Dee, and Krystal, and Ridley, and about 3-4 for K. Rool, I forget which). Most people who are lukewarm or against indies in Smash seem to have the sentiment of wanting Shantae over Shovel Knight because Shantae has had THREE very good Nintendo exclusives, and a fourth game coming out, and a recent Japanese release of Pirate's Curse with breakout popularity in Japan with fermenting support prior to it releasing over there.

I think she fits the visual theme of (most) of the Smash characters very well and could be a unique character. And a little more diversity never hurts. As long as K. Rool gets in as well, and I think he will. I'm very confident in the King's chances right now.

My apologies Shovel Knight fans, but I will be very glad if he does not make it in. Shantae is the only 3rd party I support besides the Bear and Bird, which is a pipe dream at best.

We will find out soon enough.

Tell it like it is, golden destroyer of worlds.

The funny thing was I was going to edit my last post to mention how Pirates Curse is coming out in Japan and how James Montagna also tweeted this:

But you said it for me.:laugh: I finally got:

:4greninja:'d

StormC

Smash Hero
I doubt they're gonna announce the winner(s) without at least a model to show for it. A Tweet saying "K. Rool and Wolf have joined the battle!" and nothing else is poor marketing.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I doubt they're gonna announce the winner(s) without at least a model to show for it. A Tweet saying "K. Rool and Wolf have joined the battle!" and nothing else is poor marketing.
I kinda hope they just say at least tonight or tomorrow: "Thanks for voting! We are checking the votes and will announce the winners soon!" Not even that, then I get angry.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Shantae is a female character who uses her hair to attack and make things;

Dixie Kong is a female character who uses her hair to attack and make things;

Who should be, among these two, the character mostly requested by the most part of DKC fans?
(spoiler: the Nintendo character)

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice

Who should be, among these two, the character mostly requested by DKC fans?
Hmm, tough question. I'd say whichever one the DKC fans have the most emotional connection to, as opposed to thinking they have to vote for Dixie :p.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

Who should be, among these two, the character mostly requested by DKC fans?
Still wanting that Donkey Kong Country DLC pack with Dixie, K. Rool, Gangplank Galleon Stage, Cranky and Rambi ATs, and a slew of non Jungle Level music and trophies.

But this isn't a perfect world.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys remember.

Sakurai gave Platinum studios a visit.

It could mean a number of things or exactly nothing.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Best case scenario: We get character confirmation on the site tomorrow, updated with the ballot winners.
What I think will happen: "Thanks for voting! Come back on xx/xx/xxxx for more info coming soon."

StormC

Smash Hero
A date going forward would be nice. Right now everything is so up in the air and vague.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, here it ends. Now is time to see if the months of work and campaigning (and praying) pay off...

I hope everything goes well, but I'll always be a Kutthroat until our glory days arrive.

I want to thank BKupa666 BKupa666 for being the best Kaptain possible! And thanks to everyone for making this such a great kommunity.

Top Bottom