• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Pakky

Smash Hero
I personally think :4darkpit: probably didn't take even a full day, 24 hours to complete. Am no programmer, but to me, he seems like a project one could finish in his lunchbreak...
Not a programmer but I'm 3D modeler and I'll confirm this. You don't even need a different rig for god's sake. Palette swap changes and lifting some old models from Uprising is all you need to do. No hard work involved here. Which is why he is the worst character in this game. I thought he was a joke when he appeared in the Palutena video, oh man was I wrong. Smash 4's roster is strange.

Last edited:
I personally think :4darkpit: probably didn't take even a full day, 24 hours to complete. Am no programmer, but to me, he seems like a project one could finish in his lunchbreak...
Which is a good thing because that would mean even LESS work was necessary to be used. That means everyone gets a free character and more options with even more time for other things ;)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Which is a good thing because that would mean even LESS work was necessary to be used. That means everyone gets a free character and more options with even more time for other things ;)
And that was precisely the idea behind this game's clones. :)

Last edited:
tinfoil hat time

it has been a while since we got any smash news...the reason is because sakurai is already working on the ballot characters.

and thats why we haven't gotten any new patches because sakurai knows people will datamine it and find the ballot characters,so he is holding out on patches so he does not make the same mistake again.

what do you think? its been a while with not even a peep from sakurai because he is busy working on the characters

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Gregg Mayles has posted some more stuff from when Donkey Kong Country was being worked on. (EDIT: And when it was apparently called "Donkey Kong's Monkey Mayhem", at that; I think we can all agree that Donkey Kong Country is a much better name!) This latest batch includes a list of near-final character names from March 8th 1994, some of which had trademark symbols applied.

This one is completely on-topic, as it reveals that King K. Rool was at one point set to be called Kommander K. Rool, instead - which of course makes perfect sense, and cements the Kremlings' military theme further. This was one of the names with the "TM" attached.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Martingale recorded a top 25 for the poll so far:

I know this might be a little premature, but at this early stage, I've done up the data on who's leading this poll. It's definitely far less skewed than we assumed, and I've tried to do standardised averages across the board You can check it out here!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's way too optimistic for me to work. Why can't I be emo about the most emo character on the roster?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Gregg Mayles has posted some more stuff from when Donkey Kong Country was being worked on. (EDIT: And when it was apparently called "Donkey Kong's Monkey Mayhem", at that; I think we can all agree that Donkey Kong Country is a much better name!) This latest batch includes a list of near-final character names from March 8th 1994, some of which had trademark symbols applied.

This one is completely on-topic, as it reveals that King K. Rool was at one point set to be called Kommander K. Rool, instead - which of course makes perfect sense, and cements the Kremlings' military theme further. This was one of the names with the "TM" attached.

Interesting. I would have loved to see Hooter and Miney in the games. Mainly that is because I love animal buddies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
can't believe palutena is in smash 4 but no K.Rool :( ( or Dixie..).... YET!
will with palutena being the 2nd most requested character in japan and the 4th over here plus the fact sakurai worked on KI uprising it was kinda obivous she was getting in

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Introducing, the most AWFUL POST TO DE CONFIRM K ROOL EVER! This guy is just dumb!

"Even the Mii Brawler moveset matched perfect for K Rool"............. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The recent conversation and the confidence gained from the SourceGaming observations leads me to touch on an uncomfortable subject: What if K. Rool is not DLC?

I think it is important for everyone to seriously consider this outcome and contemplate their reaction.

Firstly, as others have noted, character support groups are coalitions of people. That is, support groups are formed when individuals with varied backgrounds and interests unite to support a character they share in common. Inevitably, this means that despite a shared interest in K. Rool, individual tastes will differ. While some may be tried of "anime" characters, others might want more. To sustain this coalition and to respect other K. Rool fans, I think it is important to keep these differences in mind when we share negative comments about other characters, other series, or the game itself. This does not mean you should not be able to express dissatisfaction with any aspect of the game -- our individual differences deserve respect, too. Instead, this just means you should be thoughtful about what you say and how you say it. In addition to expressing your opinion, your goals should also include minimizing harm.

Secondly, appearances can be used strategically. We are one of the most visited threads in the Smash Bros community -- we are more-or-less K. Rool's "headquarters". Whatever happens with the DLC, we will receive visitors curious about our reaction. If K. Rool is not included, many will visit or lurk this topic just to see the "meltdowns". We should not give them the show they want to see. If you plan on throwing a tantrum or consider it appropriate to do so, reconsider. Not only does it make the rest of us feel uncomfortable, but it also alienates potentially sympathetic ears. While it is justifiable to be upset or even angry if K. Rool is not included, think carefully about how you express this discontent -- vitriol or melodramatic passive aggressiveness does not persuade anyone to our cause. Remember that many sympathetic ears are not as invested in K. Rool's appearance as we are; overzealous negativity can be a easy reason to dismiss our complaints.

My suggestion is to let an emotional post simmer, even overnight. Re-read your thoughts the next day and evaluate the content and style of your message. Consider the following questions: Are you respectfully explaining the reasons that K. Rool's exclusion was a poor decision? Are you remarks unreasonably uncharitable toward Sakurai and the development team? Is your language unnecessarily inflammatory?
Effective communication requires people to actually listen to you. People are less likely to listen to you if your substantive thoughts and their presentation suggest you are mostly interested in hearing yourself monologue. Framing your emotions as a "disappointment" can be a particularly effective way of moderating your tone.

Finally, consider that even if you are respectful, there will be people that will refuse to return the favor. If K. Rool is not added as DLC, expect to see condescension and rudeness from random jerks in this forum and elsewhere. This does not mean it is pointless to be civil -- random jerks aren't our only audience. Consequently, even if vitriol is only directed at those spouting it themselves, vitriol in itself "muddles" our image. When two people are flinging mud at each other, many won't care to discern who "started" the exchange. The best we can do, then, is to keep ourselves as "clean" as possible. This is not a "turn the other cheek" philosophy, however. We can and probably should use this to skewer those who try to bully us. Remaining as "clean" as possible allows us to do so by calling out other people's unreasonable behavior. This would not go unused: as many of you know, support groups are not the only ones with the possibility to breed extreme reactions. There is a significant portion of the community that will react with hostility if the game is criticized at all. Taking the "high ground" is probably the most effective tool against these people, as many of these individuals seem convinced that they own this realm simply because they only have positive things to say about the game.

To summarize, be as thoughtful as you can about the things you say in this thread. Imagine K. Rool's exclusion now so that you are prepared if it actually happens later. I have tried my best to do so, too. Note that I still think K. Rool is a likely inclusion. But it is important to think about all possibilities and prepare oneself accordingly.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
tinfoil hat time

it has been a while since we got any smash news...the reason is because sakurai is already working on the ballot characters.

and thats why we haven't gotten any new patches because sakurai knows people will datamine it and find the ballot characters,so he is holding out on patches so he does not make the same mistake again.

what do you think? its been a while with not even a peep from sakurai because he is busy working on the characters
I mostly agree, I think the reason for the silence is they want to gain back a sense of control so to speak, keep everything a secret so as to eliminate any possibilty of another leak happening which I'm honestly not surprised by.

It's very possible they're working on ballot characters/stages as we speak and simple keeping a lid on everything to build back that sense of suspense and surprisal, heck, I still see them holding back Wolf as a pre-ballot to promote Star Fox Zero's release.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The recent conversation and the confidence gained from the SourceGaming observations leads me to touch on an uncomfortable subject: What if K. Rool is not DLC?

I think it is important for everyone to seriously consider this outcome and contemplate their reaction.

Firstly, as others have noted, character support groups are coalitions of people. That is, support groups are formed when individuals with varied backgrounds and interests unite to support a character they share in common. Inevitably, this means that despite a shared interest in K. Rool, individual tastes will differ. While some may be tried of "anime" characters, others might want more. To sustain this coalition and to respect other K. Rool fans, I think it is important to keep these differences in mind when we share negative comments about other characters, other series, or the game itself. This does not mean you should not be able to express dissatisfaction with any aspect of the game -- our individual differences deserve respect, too. Instead, this just means you should be thoughtful about what you say and how you say it. In addition to expressing your opinion, your goals should also include minimizing harm.

Secondly, appearances can be used strategically. We are one of the most visited threads in the Smash Bros community -- we are more-or-less K. Rool's "headquarters". Whatever happens with the DLC, we will receive visitors curious about our reaction. If K. Rool is not included, many will visit or lurk this topic just to see the "meltdowns". We should not give them the show they want to see. If you plan on throwing a tantrum or consider it appropriate to do so, reconsider. Not only does it make the rest of us feel uncomfortable, but it also alienates potentially sympathetic ears. While it is justifiable to be upset or even angry if K. Rool is not included, think carefully about how you express this discontent -- vitriol or melodramatic passive aggressiveness does not persuade anyone to our cause. Remember that many sympathetic ears are not as invested in K. Rool's appearance as we are; overzealous negativity can be a easy reason to dismiss our complaints.

My suggestion is to let an emotional post simmer, even overnight. Re-read your thoughts the next day and evaluate the content and style of your message. Consider the following questions: Are you respectfully explaining the reasons that K. Rool's exclusion was a poor decision? Are you remarks unreasonably uncharitable toward Sakurai and the development team? Is your language unnecessarily inflammatory?
Effective communication requires people to actually listen to you. People are less likely to listen to you if your substantive thoughts and their presentation suggest you are mostly interested in hearing yourself monologue. Framing your emotions as a "disappointment" can be particularly effective.

Finally, consider that even if you are respectful, there will be people that will refuse to return the favor. If K. Rool is not added as DLC, expect to see condescension and rudeness from random jerks in this forum and elsewhere. This does not mean it is pointless to be civil -- random jerks aren't our only audience. Consequently, even if vitriol is only directed at those spouting it themselves, vitriol in itself "muddles" our image. When two people are flinging mud at each other, many won't care to discern who "started" the exchange. The best we can do, then, is to keep ourselves as "clean" as possible. This is not a "turn the other cheek" philosophy, however. We can and probably should use this to skewer those who try to bully us. Remaining as "clean" as possible allows us to do so by calling out other people's unreasonable behavior. This would not go unused: as many of you know, support groups are not the only ones with the possibility to breed extreme reactions. There is a significant portion of the community that will react with hostility if the game is criticized at all. Taking the "high ground" is probably the most effective tool against these people, as many of these individuals seem convinced that they own this realm simply because they only have positive things to say about the game.

To summarize, be as thoughtful as you can about the things you say in this thread. Imagine K. Rool's exclusion now so that you are prepared if it actually happens later. I have tried my best to do so, too. Note that I still think K. Rool is a likely inclusion. But it is important to think about all possibilities and prepare oneself accordingly.
If it's happenning (hopefully not), I plan on doing a respectful post about what we accomplished and why we shouldn't loose hope and be proud of ourselves... or you know something similar.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
That is true. The K. Rool Mii costume would be very underwhelming if it is all we received. Nevertheless, it is a modest victory. Especially for a character that according to many was not supposed to resurface at all. Most characters will get much less acknowledgement than that. Even aside from the Mii costume, we have gained the attention of Michael Kelbaugh/Retro Studios and the Smash Brothers/Nintendo community in general.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
after three seconds from when they started singing I turned it off :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:
That's our initiation greeting for new K. Rool supporters here. And like I said: You may have not said that you directly supported him, but you are still new. So take this as a welcome greeting, whether or not you support our king.

Last edited:

KirbyWarpstar

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kittygal568
Y

That's our initiation greeting for new K. Rool supporters here. And like I said: You may have not said that you directly supported him, but you are still new. So take this as a welcome greeting, whether or not you support our king.

Meh I support him... I mostly support characters who have a new series to smash (e.g. Ryu) or have low reps in smash (e.g. DK series only has two reps and Kirby only has three...) so I support Bandanna Dee and King K. rool ;)

also thanks for dat welcome!!!!! :rotfl::grin::colorful:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Meh I support him... I mostly support characters who have a new series to smash (e.g. Ryu) or have low reps in smash (e.g. DK series only has two reps and Kirby only has three...) so I support Bandanna Dee and King K. rool ;)

also thanks for dat welcome!!!!! :rotfl::grin::colorful:
No problem. You seem to be a hyper person, btw; with all those smilies. Just saying.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This count as double post. If you want to add something, there is an edit button to add to your previous post. It can be handy if you want to avoid warnings;)
Yeah, double posts are not allowed here, and to KirbyWarpstar, you might want to add more than "lo;z" and some smilies next time.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Flat out, if I get a "muh vision" statement concerning King K. Rool's exclusion, I'll be playing my other Nintendo games and eagerly awaiting Pokken. Not to stir up old beef but the fatigue presented by the Fire Emblem characters has sullied me on anything remotely similar to them. This includes Isaac, sorry, but that's how I feel right now.

Last edited:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I'm excited for that stage! It sadly doesn't give us any news about K. Rool, but it's new content (so at least we have something to talk about as the ballot is making a slow closure).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, we're getting a new update September 30. That's our deadline...neat!

Definitely didn't see this one coming. Not super excited for the stage itself (please have good music!), but at least it slaughters that horrible leak about Saffron City and "K. Rool + Krystal = Dixie."

Pakky

Smash Hero
Its still pretty big. Plus Pikachu is the mascot mainly because he's Ash's starter.
True, but I remember the Pokemon Carbink only having forms exclusive to the anime as well. This might be different, but I don't if it's anything of substance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom