• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
This comes from darkSpyro:

"There is absolutely no acceptable evidence supporting this.

Places like Smashboards and GAF took polls, but their samples were tiny, and those places have a bias towards certain characters as is.

The actual ballot is likely going to have votes in the hundred thousands, if not millions, considering the player base for Smash. A few small internet communities means nothing in the grand scheme of things."

What a bunch of downers.
The dedicated Smash fanbase (the ones on these forums) are probably the only ones to have found out about the ballot therefore more of them have voted. Casual players would have only really known about the ballot through other people unless they have watched that one specific direct or been on the official website.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
The massive K. Rool support has to count for SOMETHING because they bothered to not only make him a Mii, but an impressively detailed and even more impressively Rare costume. If the endless straw polls and exit results with K. Rool at the top means nothing and isn't at the top of the ballot, then why would he even be here getting all this publicity anyway? I call hogwash, I know for a fact K. Rool is popular and this Mii proves it to me.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I would like to say some words

I really feel bad for you people,K.Rool as a Mii costume is really sickening to you

I send my condolences
~Wolf Thread Guy.....

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
The dedicated Smash fanbase (the ones on these forums) are probably the only ones to have found out about the ballot therefore more of them have voted. Casual players would have only really known about the ballot through other people unless they have watched that one specific direct or been on the official website.
Precisely. They don't know what they're talking about. The costume solidifies his popularity.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I would like to say some words

I really feel bad for you people,K.Rool as a Mii costume is really sickening to you

I send my condolences
~Wolf Thread Guy.....
At least Wolf is a shoe-in at this point. They wouldn't DARE make Wolf some sort of Mii Gunner outfit, right?

....right?

Oh god, Wolf's next isn't he?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
At least Wolf is a shoe-in at this point. They wouldn't DARE make Wolf some sort of Mii Gunner outfit, right?

....right?

Honestly?
I could see Sakurai make Mii Costumes based off of Snake and Issac.
Heck, I'm actually afraid they'll make a Rayman Mii Brawler Costume and have the Mii be LIMBLESS.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman

....right?

The leaker said Wolf, Krystal and Wonder Red are to be costumes, but I'm not sure if it's been confirmed.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Precisely. They don't know what they're talking about.
I feel exactly this way. I mean the polls online have a good amount of accuracy. The dedicated fanbase are really the only people who vote, unless thousands of casuals are secretly voting underground and its like top secret **** that I don't know about.
Hot damn but that feels good~ :3

There's never a worst time to be a Kremling Kutthroat~ ;3
I'm not liking this post, not because I don't agree with what your saying, but because I didn't get to initiate you.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I went ahead and recast my vote from my phone. Funny, I don't often get involved like this ... Which means if you're reading this and haven't done so, get on it. :mad088:

"While myself and many others are thrilled to see the acknowledgement of a character who (in our view) is long overdue, his inclusion as merely a costume is an afterthought and unsatisfying. To deny the sheer popularity, legacy, and intuitively honed play style/mood this character would bring to the game is disheartening to a large portion of your fanbase. Smash has and will continue to be my favorite series; however, I would certainly view this decision as one of the lowest points in its history. Please reconsider - we will be vocal until such time! "

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
There were many "leaks" the last few weeks, could you tell me wich one stated it?
All I remember reading in the Kutthroat skype was that some leaker connected with the stage leak or something said it.

And to be completely honest, as overly cynical as this sounds, and disrespectful, I hope it happens. People need to understand that this isn't acceptable.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I mean...the Dr. Mario stage leak is looking the most plausible. If that's the case then the Wolf and Krystal boards are going to be ****ing livid.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
All I remember reading in the Kutthroat skype was that some leaker connected with the stage leak or something said it.

And to be completely honest, as overly cynical as this sounds, and disrespectful, I hope it happens. People need to understand that this isn't acceptable.
Wait! There is even a skype group?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Honestly?
I could see Sakurai make Mii Costumes based off of Snake and Issac.
Heck, I'm actually afraid they'll make a Rayman Mii Brawler Costume and have the Mii be LIMBLESS.
Hell, why add newcomers at all?

You're a Mii costume, You're a Mii costume, EVERYONE'S A MII COSUME!

Sir_Killz

Smash Cadet
Hey, any news if we're getting a direct or not? Or and big announcement for the Costumes, and maps? Just got back...

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That "leaker" also said Bomberman will be a costume and PushDustIn said there is no way to know if it is the same person who leaked the stage.
We are not even sure if the Dr. Mario stage is real, people in the NintenZone thread say it has some flaws.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

Uh uh, unless it was the same leaker, I don't buy it if they are "connected" to that leak. False connections are made all the time to make themselves more believable. Just about NOTHING can surprise me at this point. The only possible things that could are the following:

A) The audacity of making Wolf a Mii Costume
B) Ridley confirmed

And Ridley sure as hell ain't gettin' confirmed. Sad but true.

I could see Krystal and definitely Wonder Red, but not Wolf. If he is then I fear all of the hardcore Smash community could shrivel up from the salt overdose. And I don't say that as crude humor, I say that in extreme worry.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
In the theory of "Paon model playable and Rare model for Mii Fighter". I think its more feasible that Kaptain K. Rool would be the one chosen for being playable.

Perhaps Sakurai saw the pirate version more suitable for Smash, since its the one that uses the blunderbuss and there would be no king overcrowding with King Dedede and King K. Rool. And pirate is an stereotype yet to be fulfilled.
At the same time, he reckons that people are asking for King K. Rool specifically. So he created the Mii Fighter costume to please that need to an extent, and the Kaptain would fill the K. Rool playable need.

Its a theory, but I wish I didn't have to resort to theories. Back then when we saw Ridley's shadow, many speculated that classic Ridley would be the one playable and other M Ridley would be the stage boss. And that ended sourly.

StormC

Smash Hero
I just can't imagine K. Rool having a recovery that isn't the Helipack. Unless he still has it in his Kaptain form...

Parades

Smash Rookie
Guys, remember this?

The Mii Fighter costume actually confirms King K. Rool if anything.
There is a very big difference between teasing a veteran character with a partial costume included in the base game, and charging a premium for a costume of one of the most widely requested newcomers before announcing the actual newcomer.

StormC

Smash Hero
Honestly even if K. Rool is revealed on Friday I doubt I'll be as excited as I would have been before this disaster.

I hate this ruse cruise. I truly do.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
I really do think this is a trolling from Sakurai, because at least Ridley had an real appeareance in the Phyrosphere stage, thats something that shows real gameplay and atacks of Ridley, however this Mii outfit only ads the form of K. Rool for an existing character, it doesnt add uniquenese things to the gameplay or recognition of the importance of this character, I think they are right now working in K. Rool and around December they are gong to show him in his real form.

If Sakurai doesnt do this I guess he dislikes the Kremlings, sadly.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
What amuses me most about this thread is that Nintendo probably hasn't even looked at ballot votes yet, but apparently staging a raid on the ballot votes is acceptable behaviour, smh.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
In the theory of "Paon model playable and Rare model for Mii Fighter". I think its more feasible that Kaptain K. Rool would be the one chosen for being playable.

Perhaps Sakurai saw the pirate version more suitable for Smash, since its the one that uses the blunderbuss and there would be no king overcrowding with King Dedede and King K. Rool. And pirate is an stereotype yet to be fulfilled.
At the same time, he reckons that people are asking for King K. Rool specifically. So he created the Mii Fighter costume to please that need to an extent, and the Kaptain would fill the K. Rool playable need.

Its a theory, but I wish I didn't have to resort to theories. Back then when we saw Ridley's shadow, many speculated that classic Ridley would be the one playable and other M Ridley would be the stage boss. And that ended sourly.
Why have the most iconic version of King K. Rool not be his dafault costume. He can just pull out the blunderbuss as the King.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Honestly even if K. Rool is revealed on Friday I doubt I'll be as excited as I would have been before this disaster.

I hate this ruse cruise. I truly do.
It'll be even more thrilling for me. :)

Of course, I tend to think optimistically too.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
As a supporter I resend in my vote for the King.

There is a 50% chance that the Mii Costume basically means that Sakurai and team decided to not add K. Rool and were just like "Here is K. Rool as a Mii Costume...close enough. But there is also a 50% chance that this whole Mii Costume is a fake out and that the real K. Rool is in development and they are waiting on a perfect time to surprise us.

Again this is all speculations and theories. I'd say if your a supporter then don't give up and keep voting. He's not deconfirmed yet. And most importantly do not listen to those who are saying that is he deconfirmed just because of the Mii Costume, because those are the same people that said Lucas and others can't be playable because of blah blah.

I for one I'm going to support my King till the very end.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So where are we? More attention and support, while having our character recognized by Nintendo?

Seems like a pretty good day. XD

Top Bottom