• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Pantila18

Smash Rookie
I just made an account for the sole purpose of supporting The King and I wanted to pledge my alligence to the Kuttthroats. Kount me the **** in!!!

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Not buying the Mii costume is a bad idea.
I explained very clearly why it is a good idea, in a number of posts.

if we boycott them, they will boycott us
They're already boycotting us. Do you not understand that? What more are they going to do? They're already not giving us what we had asked for. That's it. There is nothing to lose. Do you think you/'re going to somehow have your Nintendo account banned from downloading other DLC because you didn't buy this one specific DLC?

We're not forcing anything. It's all a matter of what messages are sent to Nintendo buy their sales.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Personally I have never bought a Mii costume and never will. I won't sink money into something I will never use and I haven't bought a couple of full characters (Lucas, Roy) either.

This said, my heart says to boycott it, but my head says that's the wrong course of action. Boycotting the costume won't make K Rool appear as a full fledged fighter. If you think that then you're raving mad. Could it give the impression you're satisfied with it? Maybe. Will it put Nintendo off K Rool in the future? Quite possibly. It's a dangerous game and could easily backfire.

As many others have said, listen to @ BKupa666 BKupa666 . His suggestions (buy the costume if you want it, send in a protest vote or two) are the safest ways of getting across to Nintendo that A) We want this character and B) Not just as a Mii Costume but as a playable fighter.

Seriously, you can get this done in less than the time it takes to argue about it in a thread. Do a protest vote. There are over 100 people viewing now, if we all give one or two then it's bound to come to Nintendo's attention sooner or later.

(And as said, civility is the way to go. I'll be annoyed if this is how it ends but I don't advocate sending death treats by ballot)

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm just going through For Glory as :4dk: bearing the name tag K.ROOL4DLC (I guess I should be glad I don't have any trials tomorrow - this is crazy as it is.)

Anyways, before the night closes, I'll send another vote for our King.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

They're already boycotting us. Do you not understand that? What more are they going to do? They're already not giving us what we had asked for. That's it. There is nothing to lose. Do you think you/'re going to somehow have your Nintendo account banned from downloading other DLC because you didn't buy this one specific DLC?

We're not forcing anything. It's all a matter of what messages are sent to Nintendo buy their sales.
Whatever floats your galleon.

:231:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

But, they're not boycotting us. They haven't given us EXACTLY what we wanted, but the primary goal of the Kremling Kampaign was to bring back K. Rool. We've got that, that's what we all wanted most of all. Yes, we may not get K. Rool as a full character in Smash, but they've acknowledged the cries for K. Rool at least. I think its safe that K. Rool is coming back in the main DK games now as well.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, uh...does anyone still want to attempt to argue that "K. Rool would be so boring and expected as a newcomer"?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
....am I the only one who is going to buy both this and the Chrom Mii costumes?

Sure, they're not the full characters but it's better than nothing.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've already explained in depth why they do not.
Your explanation did not outline any flaws in their logic.
Now I'm actively trying to make sure people do not listen to these poorly reasoned kneejerk reactions that are being laid down and actually take a moment to reason on what is actually the best in this situation and what's going to help everyone vs what's going to harm everyone. So please for the love of God stop telling people to blindly listen to a couple people who haven't even thought the entire thing through fully.
We cannot assume anything at this point in time. This is a new scenario that has never happened in Smash history. It seems as if you haven't thought the whole thing through, yourself. Your claiming that everything you are stating is correct without any evidence. They have no evidence either but at least they are being relatively civil about the whole ordeal.
As for numbers, if you understand the sheer mass of votes they are getting you must also understand that they are not going to devote a team to go through these votes one at a time counting, they will have an automated counting system which has been running since day one to keep up with the stats so they can examine them in real time. This is what marketing teams do. They gather data to analyze as they go using algorithms which are easily used in conjunction with polling systems. To think they're going to wait until all of the thousands and thousands of ballots are in on the final day of voting to then start counting them is absurd. The fact we're even getting a K Rool skin right now is evidence they have the numbers and know his popularity.
Yes, you're right, they absolutely have a system in place for the ballot. It can only work so well, however. Donkey Kong is a great example. Let's assume they go by series first "Donkey Kong Country" Dixie, K. Rool, and multiple others will fall into this catagory. Then names; K. Rool. Here's the fun part! Do you have any idea how many ways K. Rool can be misspelled? On top of that there is Kaptain K. Rool, K. Rool, King K. Rool, and multiple other aliases that this character can go by. Even then mistakes can be made in the title. People could put "Donkey Kong" for example, instead of "Donkey Kong Country" Creating ANOTHER set of miscommunicated votes. Another would be Snake who hails from Metal Gear, or Metal Gear Solid, or Metal Gear Acid. There are far to many elements to sort through without the ballot having human input. And humans can only do so much. When they start sorting through them and another batch of votes comes through, they would have to sort through those. It's too much man-power to do it as they go. They'd have to wait until the voting stops to be sure of their numbers.
The point of these opinions were to have something to sample from in the inevitable marketing video, clips of fan requests to play on screen. That's it.
I can't disagree, but you're also assuming.... again. Even if what you say IS true, that does not mean that they do not read them.

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
So, uh...does anyone still want to attempt to argue that "K. Rool would be so boring and expected as a newcomer"?
I'd like to stay out of it, thanks.
....am I the only one who is going to buy both this and the Chrom Mii costumes?

Sure, they're not the full characters but it's better than nothing.
You and several others. And me.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
But real talk: This doesn't completely de-confirm K. Rool at all. This should actually be used as an opportunity to drive more people to vote for him on the ballot.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
King K. Rool has what may be the highest quality and most detailed Mii Fighter model in the game, oh my god. It's so beautiful.

Hopefully King. K. Rool has a super high quality model when he's confirmed~

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
King K. Rool has what may be the highest quality and most detailed Mii Fighter model in the game, oh my god. It's so beautiful.

Hopefully King. K. Rool has a super high quality model when he's confirmed~
I wish I had your optimism. I'm 50/50 on it, but his costume does look extremely good, almost like they ripped it straight off of a real K. Rool model. Its just really difficult to determine now what these means... At the very least we know that K. Rool is being brought back. He's the only "muhrelevant" DLC Mii fighter costume right now.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
I really just wish these masks would cover the Miis' ugly faces. I'd honestly be (almost) fine with this reveal if it actually LOOKED like he was K. Rool. Same goes for Isabelle and K. K. Slider. What the hell is the point in these outfits? Why would I ever use them with those stupid faces poking through?

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Crazy theory here.

That K. Rool costume sure looks like the classic Rare design, yeah? What if it was made for the fans who wanted GOLD belly K. Rool and we're getting the modern K. Rool as a character!

I don't want the dream to be dead ):

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
If K. Rool turns out to only be a costume for the Mii Fighters in Smash Wii U and 3DS, my hate for those characters will increase dramatically. I already hate their inclusion for a number of reasons (but I won't get into that here).

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Kutthroats.

STEVE MAYLES HIMSELF RETWEETED MY TWEET.

Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 9.14.00 pm.png

We've got the guy who made the character we're still fighting for on our side.
Let's Krush the Kompetition that is that Mii Costume!!!

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
To be honest, im gonna buy the costume too. I don't believe this is the last of K Rool we will see in Smash and the best way show support to vote with your wallet and with the ballot

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Well, let's look at it this way: Part of the whole point of K. Rool is taking on various personas and dressing up, right? Well, maybe the Mii Fighter thought it would be ironic to dress up as K. Rool. Everytime I try to actually go to sleep I can't stop thinking about it.

Honestly guys...let's wait until the 31st. That's all we can do until then. For now, we just have to deal with the salt being rubbed into the wound. Also, they didn't say we'd be getting any characters in this update, and this will likely be true, but they could always do a Mewtwo style reveal of K. Rool and have him be tentatively be released for a later date.

I'm just as shaken up over this as the rest of you.

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
Crazy theory here.

That K. Rool costume sure looks like the classic Rare design, yeah? What if it was made for the fans who wanted GOLD belly K. Rool and we're getting the modern K. Rool as a character!

I don't want the dream to be dead ):
I didn't even think of that. If that turns out to be true, what a clever work around for the "what design to pick" debate

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The translated tweet, for reference: "A vivid recreation, from the bulging eyeball to the glimmering crown. Put this on, and you'll feel like King of the Kremlings! Available 7/31."

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The translated tweet, for reference: "A vivid recreation, from the bulging eyeball to the glimmering crown. Put this on, and you'll feel like King of the Kremlings! Available 7/31."

That's exactly what I was thinking off... Funny thing, too; the one year anniversary of that announcement is happening in two weeks.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm convinced now, Sakurai is merely rustling our jimmies. And by god did he succeed.

I think we're all in for a very big treat this Friday.

If we aren't then I will probably go hide in a corner for a while.

iNSANE

Smash Rookie
NNID
iNSANEwOw
But real talk: This doesn't completely de-confirm K. Rool at all. This should actually be used as an opportunity to drive more people to vote for him on the ballot.
This, there is Mii equipment for a lot of other characters too like the Peach Wig or Luigis hat or whatever. So why would this deconfirm K. Rool ? In my book it makes him more likely, just a strange from Sakurai to release this Mii before the King himself as it was obvious that people are gonna be salty about it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You be sure that i won't let down the King until he is confirm or deconfirm for real! This costume honestly doesn't confirm one more than the other. So our King can still have a chance!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm convinced now, Sakurai is merely rustling our jimmies. And by god did he succeed.

I think we're all in for a very big treat this Friday.

If we aren't then I will probably go hide in a corner for a while.
I'm 50/50 convinced of this right now... I really think we're getting a Direct Friday.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Honestly, I don't know what to feel/think. I am upset at the idea that we would get him as as a Mii costume. But I am still very confused:

This character has not appeared since 2008, he has missed the last three main DK games (DKJB, DKCR, DKCTF), he is among the most popular characters for the ballot period, AND it is being released months before the ballot supposedly closes. That seems fishy.

Top Bottom