• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
DK is pretty obnoxious to talk about in the Who Win community because every match is "moon punch tho."

Not as bad as Kirby though, who people love to play up as a planet-busting threat with godly durability.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
DK is pretty obnoxious to talk about in the Who Win community because every match is "moon punch tho."

Not as bad as Kirby though, who people love to play up as a planet-busting threat with godly durability.
Buu should have won that fight, but Death Battle hates anime so...

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Are you one of those people who are gonna ask for ANOTHER Goku vs Superman rematch.
Nope didn't want the first one. I like some of there fights but some of their logic seems suspect to me at times. For example Supes lobotomized Goku... Yeah... Not buying that. Ya'll just ran out of animation money.

That's all fine but it should have been better played out in the video. Buu wouldn't be pushed into the sun by his own attack. Also why does every DBZ character get pushed into the sun? That's not a canon trope in that series at all. Movies don't count and even then they do it too like to two villains.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What do you mean by that?(just wondering is all)

Last edited by a moderator:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Nope didn't want the first one. I like some of there fights but some of their logic seems suspect to me at times. For example Supes lobotomized Goku... Yeah... Not buying that. Ya'll just ran out of animation money.

That's all fine but it should have been better played out in the video. Buu wouldn't be pushed into the sun by his own attack. Also why does every DBZ character get pushed into the sun? That's not a canon trope in that series at all. Movies don't count and even then they do it too like to two villains.
I agree Buu should have won.
The only argument people have for Kirby being of equal power is the Megaton Punch and nothing else.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think we should get on-topic, guys.

Which prompts me to ask a pertinent question:

How screwed over would K. Rool be against a character with a reliable reflect?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

I think he could manage. Mega Man can still handle most guys with reflectors (Mario is a pain in the ass though). Would mostly depend on his moves though.

StormC

Smash Hero
Kirby has and always will be overrated in the WWW community because of a few times he gets really strong thanks to power-ups.

Probably no more than someone like Link.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Fair point. I'm more so thinking that, if he has projectiles akin to Bowser Jr's cannonball or Samus's Charge Shot (i.e. fast, heavy moves that deal a ton of damage when fully charged), it'd just take a mean reflect to keelhaul him back onto his scaly green keister.

It'd make careful management of his projectile game even more crucial. The more I think about it, the more I think K. Rool would be a fiercely tactical fighter - that definitely piques my interest, it does~

D

Deleted member

I been thinking about this for sometime now what voice do you think they will give King K Rool?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I been thinking about this for sometime now what voice do you think they will give King K Rool?
If I had to guess, I'd say something akin to the comical, boisterous voice he has in Mario Super Sluggers.

Otherwise (and I'm kinda hoping this is the case), he could have his grunts and screams from the DKC games.

He won't speak, though, that much I'm certain of; at least beyond his infamous taunts in DK64.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If it were me creating him, I'd give him his deep sinister voice from DK64 with his famous grunts from the original DKC games.

Likley though we'll probably get actual realistic crocodile sounds along with some grunts which I'd also be ok with.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Where would one even get crocodile stock sounds?

Would Sakurai literally use this video?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
DK64 Rool is hilarious. But I wouldn't oppose to gator sounds; it sounds like badass burping. Im afraid I would be one of the few though.
After all, would look silly if K. Rool, an smart reptile capable of speaking, had two (three if Dixie gets in too) brainless monkeys as their archnemesis.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Here'a another question - food for thought:

If the character has a hat, Kirby will just take that when he uses his swallow move. But Peach already has a crown as her hat. Would Kirby's hat being just K.Rool's crown be different enough, or would he get a Kroc head hat à la Greninja or Charizard to round it out?

And I might actually prefer Kroc noises for the Rool since DK, Diddy, and Bowser all have animal noises, so it'd at least be consistent.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

If the character has a hat, Kirby will just take that when he uses his swallow move. But Peach already has a crown as her hat. Would Kirby's hat being just K.Rool's crown be different enough, or would he get a Kroc head hat à la Greninja or Charizard to round it out?

And I might actually prefer Kroc noises for the Rool since DK, Diddy, and Bowser all have animal noises, so it'd at least be consistent.
They need to have one of Kirby's eyes be bigger and bloodshot along with the very distinct crown >: )

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Supes could've punched right through Goku's heart from the beginning. But back on topic.
I don't know. I mean I ****ing love using reflects and counters.

My thoughts when my reflect/counter is successful.

Opponent: "I'm gonna shoot/attack you with something and you're gonna die!
Me: *****, reflect/counter.
Opponent: Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I think K. Rool would be fine against a reflector. I mean his entire moveset won't be projectiles.

Donkey Kong Jr

Smash Cadet
Personally, I would much prefer the Kroc hat.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think the K.Rool Kirby hat would be like the pokemon, little hats with the top of the head, crown included
guys. I don't know is anyone it aware but I think King K Rool is confirmed.... for super smash flash 2! lol i hope nintendo comes across that game one day and see that people want k rool!

http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Donkey_Kong
Then again Smash Crusade had Ridley and they weren't allowed a booth at some event this year iirc

StormC

Smash Hero

Top Bottom