• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Weeman

Smash Crusader
In my opinion people just overreact, just look what happened at the Ridley thread, it's nice to see people are taking it better here. But man it was true when they said it would be Brawl all over again.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, I've been talking about this since the whole thing started. We should've been talking about bringing K. Rool back to the DK series right alongside Smash Bros. Naturally I'll be supporting K. Rool DLC every step of the way.

No we don't. We have no confirmation of this at all. Its possible, true, but we don't know for a fact that this is the case.
--I'm all for promoting K. Rool in any way, shape or form, but if we're aiming for laser focus on a set goal, it's probably the best bet to zero in on Smash DLC specifically, but while mentioning how badly we want him to return in the DKC games as well.

--The thing that troubles me here is that a lot of K. Rool's selling points are along the lines of "He'd make DK fans happy" or "DK has jack s*** in Smash, and that's sad." If any higher-ups think we're unaware of Wii U Dixie, they might just systematically ignore us, believing she'd scratch that same itch. She'd be a nice start, but until the four main DK characters are in, it's still just a start, nothing more.

Anyhow, it's nice to see more people talking about making K. Rool videos. If Ridley is Wii U specific and K. Rool's not, he inherits the purple dragon's role as Biggest Newcomer Snub. Tons of people make Ridley videos, both good and bad, and it's about time we start doing the same.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... Wow. This... Hurts.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to get my hopes up for anything anymore. I've kind of lost trust in them, and I'll admit that it is kinda childish, but I can't really help it.
To be honest it isn't the final roster was a letdown if I have ever seen one I feel like Sakurai blew his load at the beginning and now he has left us all with blue balls in keeping with the metaphor. If Sakurai truly thinks this is the greatest fighting game in the world he needs to have some serious DLC announced as soon as ****ing possible

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
After today, no one will blame you for that dude. :(
I think that the worst thing about today was not that our beloved big three aren't in. Yeah, they contribute a lot to my salt, but it isn't all. I find it horrible that they basically spoiled us with characters. A stupidly large starting roster, and newcomers that are pretty easy to unlock. Why? Why not up the difficulty? Make harder requirements, make more characters unlockable?

If only they were in anyway somehow. I'd love to believe these wild and adventurous theories of how they might still get in. Maybe they anticipated a leak, and kept the hypest characters under wraps to be revealed through an update! Maybe they are using them to hype up the Wii U version, utilizing cross-connectivity! Maybe they have planned them for DLC already!
But no. I'm not going to trust anything anymore. I don't want to get hurt again. Please.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to get my hopes up for anything anymore. I've kind of lost trust in them, and I'll admit that it is kinda childish, but I can't really help it.
I definitely understand that. It's not exactly that I'm trying to get my hopes up. I'm just looking at this decision from a business perspective. If you're trying to drive sales for a failing product, you're telling me you're going to unveil all of your surprises that people really care about on a platform that is already doing more than okay when it could potentially be a detriment to the other version? It just doesn't make sense to me. They're going to want to create an incentive for people to want to invest in both copies of the game, not just one or the other. I can already tell you now, they sure as hell care way more about the Wii U version selling well then if the 3DS version sells. With more Wii U sales comes a larger install base, which drives the sales of all the other games on the platform as well, and that's exactly what Nintendo's trying to capitalize on with Smash.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
I definitely understand that. It's not exactly that I'm trying to get my hopes up. I'm just looking at this decision from a business perspective. If you're trying to drive sales for a failing product, you're telling me you're going to unveil all of your surprises that people really care about on a platform that is already doing more than okay when it could potentially be a detriment to the other version? It just doesn't make sense to me. They're going to want to create an incentive for people to want to invest in both copies of the game, not just one or the other. I can already tell you now, they sure as hell care way more about the Wii U version selling well then if the 3DS version sells. With more Wii U sales comes a larger install base, which drives the sales of all the other games on the platform as well, and that's exactly what Nintendo's trying to capitalize on with Smash.
True if this is all of the characters on Wii U and there's no extra incentive to buy it then Wii U is going to keep flopping Nintendo has lost my faith if they were honestly able to **** up Smash bros it's absolutely mind-boggling it's as if even Nintendo doesn't like the Wii U what on Earth were they thinking!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Can everyone please calm down?
It never made any sense for any of these hype three to be so easily unlocked and leaked by a single user.

If they are in, they have a big reveal, bigger than trailers ahead of time (which to me, could be reaching us on an individual basis).

I think it was a pretty crap-shoot to those who honestly believed that anyone but potentially Mewtwo had a chance to be a secret unknown unlockable which could be so easily leaked.

They are too big for that, c'mon guys. They have their own secret launches in timed releases or another type of advertising.

That makes me SO happy.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It never made any sense for any of these hype three to be so easily unlocked and leaked by a single user.

If they are in, they have a big reveal, bigger than trailers ahead of time (which to me, could be reaching us on an individual basis).

I think it was a pretty crap-shoot to those who honestly believed that anyone but potentially Mewtwo had a chance to be a secret unknown unlockable which could be so easily leaked.

They are too big for that, c'mon guys. They have their own secret launches in timed releases or another type of advertising.

That makes me SO happy.
I leave that open to a possibility, but I'm not going to EXPECT it. I do think its EXTREMELY fishy not one of them has been "disconfirmed" by a trophy, AT, boss, or anything yet. Same goes for Isaac, even more fishy that he's one of the very few AT's actually cut apparently.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

That makes me SO happy.
As of now, I'm going to assume that this is the final roster, but I suppose it is technically possible that something like that could happen.

One thing I am curious about is the matter of trophies; there's no way that the big 3 didn't at least get trophies in the game if they aren't playable. So... where are they?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Worst part is that I will never see that smile that pessimistic megaman dude promised

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
As of now, I'm going to assume that this is the final roster, but I suppose it is technically possible that something like that could happen.

One thing I am curious about is the matter of trophies; there's no way that the big 3 didn't at least get trophies in the game if they aren't playable. So... where are they?
Buried amongst the 683 other trophies I guess.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

That makes me SO happy.
I want them in. I hope they get a chance for DLC.
But as of now THIS is the final roster, and i think every single one of us knows that this whole "Big 3" thing was only a Smashboards thing. No one should feel owed for characters we all knew could very well not be in the game, so i suggest to just calm down and digest it.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman

I don't know. We can't deny the possibility of the worst case scenario, as if they haven't been found yet.
I do agree it's weird, though I really don't want to believe there is more to what we got, because as of now it's setting up myself for disappointment but on the other hand I can't shoo away that ominous feeling in my mind. Let's just cautiously hope for the best and... well just deal with what we got for now.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Well November will be DKCs 20th anniversary and we have Pokemon R&S remakes coming. Who knows maybe those 2 things will make a K.Rool and Mewtwo reveal possible.

I'm under the opinion that Nintendo wants to Hype the Wii U version they need it to sell. I can't see all the hype being killed by the 3DS. Maybe one more trailer remember we still have no DK level on Wii U plus DK getting a retro stage only on 3DS makes me believe we'll be seeing 2 new DK stages on Wii U. Don't forget the Wii U and 3DS aren't the EXACT same game. Just because you unlocked all the available characters on 3DS dosnt rule out the possibility of additional characters coming alongside the Wii U. It ain't over till the console release I just can't see the handheld killing the console versions hype.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Buried amongst the 683 other trophies I guess.
The main problem I have with this is: Wolf, Ivysaur, and Squirtle were popping up left and right in the videos. It was made blatantly clear they weren't playable. K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo ALL had trophies in Brawl, and in theory, wouldn't they appear as random trophies as well? Why haven't they shown up yet? This is all extremely suspicious. I'm not expecting anything, but it is quite fishy, honestly. Its possible Sakurai left them out so he could add them as DLC later (and I'd be surprised if DLC isn't happening).

Ness and Ice Climbers currently don't have trophies either.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
The main problem I have with this is: Wolf, Ivysaur, and Squirtle were popping up left and right in the videos. It was made blatantly clear they weren't playable. K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo ALL had trophies in Brawl, and in theory, wouldn't they appear as random trophies as well? Why haven't they shown up yet? This is all extremely suspicious. I'm not expecting anything, but it is quite fishy, honestly. Its possible Sakurai left them out so he could add them as DLC later (and I'd be surprised if DLC isn't happening).

So far we've seen squaks has a trophy and kritters at this point it's a given K.Rool has a trophy in this game and if he dosnt then it's safe to say something else is happening

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
*Casually crawls in here after the Ridley thread crashed down on my head*

So many good people... gone.. silenced in an instant.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
*Casually crawls in here after the Ridley thread crashed down on my head*

So many good people... gone.. silenced in an instant.
I'm still refreshing the page.

Oh, they'll show up in time I bet.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Worst part is that I will never see that smile that pessimistic megaman dude promised
Sorry.

I can't say this was unexpected, so I'm not terribly disappointed. But it still hurts a hell of a lot. None of the big three made it in at all. I don't think I would mind so much if the roster hadn't ended up so 'meh' overall.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
People are really grasping at straws now. Prior to the streaming everyone was so confident that the big 3 would be on the 3DS. Now that they're not everyone is trying to say they'll be revealed as DLC with Wii U and it's 'made perfect sense' all this time because the Wii U needs some kind of hype generator. No one was saying this before, everyone was confident they'd be in the 3DS game. But now that the hype 3 aren't in all of a sudden it's become so obvious that the Wii U needs new characters to generate hype, and can't just rely on its unique features like the 3DS did for 90% of its marketing campaign.

And people seriously need to stop thinking that a lack of deconfirmation is somehow evidence that a character is playable. The no-trophy argument is particularly bad. There's like 683 trophies we don't even know if the hype 3 have trophies or not yet. Furthermore in previous games certain trophies weren't just random drops and had specific unlock-conditions. It's possible that the hype 3 trophies have unlock-conditions and that's why we haven't seen these trophies yet. We just don't know at the moment, but people constantly mentioning a lack of deconfirmation conflates expectation and just makes people more angry when the character isn't revealed.

Last edited:

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
I'm back. So no K. Rool this time. huh? Oh well, I was prepared for it. Sorry guys.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised I'm taking this well, K. Rool getting rejected twice by his own series was more a heart breaker for me, I guess I'm getting used to these types of shenanigans. The question for me now boils down to IF he is even in the game at all? I still have hope for him whether it's through DLC or if the Wii U is hiding anything. As far as things currently stand, I can't believe these guys saved yet another weak roster for me.

The Koopalings, I had pics but they gone now

Last edited:

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
People are really grasping at straws now. Prior to the streaming everyone was so confident that the big 3 would be on the 3DS. Now that they're not everyone is trying to say they'll be revealed as DLC with Wii U and it's 'made perfect sense' all this time because the Wii U needs some kind of hype generator. No one was saying this before, everyone was confident they'd be in the 3DS game. But now that the hype 3 aren't in all of a sudden it's become so obvious that the Wii U needs new characters to generate hype, and can't just rely on its unique features like the 3DS did for 90% of its marketing campaign.

And people seriously need to stop thinking that a lack of deconfirmation is somehow evidence that a character is playable. The no-trophy argument is particularly bad. There's like 683 trophies we don't even know if the hype 3 have trophies or not yet. Furthermore in previous games certain trophies weren't just random drops and had specific unlock-conditions. It's possible that the hype 3 have unlock-conditions and that's why we haven't seen these trophies yet. We just don't know at the moment, but people constantly mentioning a lack of deconfirmation conflates expectation and just makes people more angry when the character isn't revealed.
It's sad, but you're probably right.
Oh well. There's always next game...

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
This was disappointing, but i knew it was going to happen. I wish that Nintendo and Retro count on him for any new DK game.

"Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi!"

D

Deleted member

I share the great disappointment that many of you have, as the Big 3 were the ones I wanted most, things certainly do look bleak at the moment.

Anyways:

I apologize in advance if the following would be considered off-topic/spam, but this is just a theory I came up with based on what we know now with regards to the characters and how the website is formatted:

So just a minor thing I noticed:

If you look at the character menu that is at the bottom of the official website, currently there are 4 full tabs (of 9 characters each) and then the 5th only has two characters.

Well, if you compare the website roster with the full roster revealed through the gameplay today and the CSS leak, there are 11 characters that have yet to be "officially" (by Sakurai himself/the website) revealed: namely, Ganondorf, G&W, Wario, Jigglypuff, DHD, ROB, Bowser Jr., Falco, Ness, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit.

Why do I bring this up? Well in that menu, there are 9 slots per tab, and the unfinished tab has two spaces filled (by Bowser and Pit), and then 7 other slots to be filled.

So if we factor in these 11 characters that have yet to be added, we finish the 5th tab and then start a new one that will fill 4.

Now, let's make the assumption that Sakurai or whoever manages the formatting of the website would want each of these tabs to be uniform in size, as in, 9 slots per tab. If we make this assumption, then it would be logical to conclude that they wouldn't want to have a tab that has any empty slots.

Let's go back to the 11 characters that are still unaccounted for, as I said, if we add these to the menu, the unfinished one will fill and a new one will be opened that will have only 4 out of the 9 menu slots filled for that tab (once again this assumes that each tab has the same number of slots). Which means that there will still be 5 slots that are empty, implying 5 more characters still have yet to be introduced as a part of the roster.

I don't intend for us all to have false hope, as this is just a theory based on the idea that Sakurai's team would want uniform formatting for the character menu, obviously, but I found this information interesting.

Just something to think about...

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
So... that's it. This is how it ends after a long and eventful journey. Diddly squat. Crapped in the face by these games' director.

Well, then, Nintendo and Sakurai, enjoy the money rolling in off of your bland cash-cow roster, is all I can say. I can't believe I'm still buying this iteration. I hope there's more. But I won't hold my breath.

Remind me NOT to have a character wishlist for Smash 5.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Yeah, this looks like its it. Though, I do find it strange we have no trophies of these characters, those being (Mewtwo, Ridley, and K. Rool). But I guess this time I'm grasping at straws. Who knows what the future holds, I won't get my hopes up, and just live with the roster we have.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just realized...Chunky didn't happen. D:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Regarding big three trophies - iirc it was confirmed the 3DS and Wii U versions would have different ones. Ridley's at least is likely present in that as that's where he'll appear as a stage boss.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Any idea when this thread will be locked?
Likely the day of the official Japanese release. That is, unless something like the Ridley Thread happens. :p Don't take that as an invitation, haha.

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
I wonder if the bosses only gets trophies on the Wii U version. Right now, i am thinking at least Ridley and K. Rool are bosses, and Sakurai clearly think people are LOVING the glorified punching bag gimmick. That would explain the teasing. As for Mewtwo, i sincerely have no idea. Well, there's still hope for that Smash 2015. Maybe, just maybe, there IS DLC and Smash 2015 is just "New" SSB3DS with all DLC's a la USF4.

Top Bottom