• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Smash 4 should have only been made for Wii U. There would have been no corner cutting for the roster.
From what I heard, Iwata originally wanted it 3DS only. Sakurai had to push for it to be on Wii U as well. It wasn't Sakurai's decision to make it on both consoles. If it was up to Sakurai, he'd have probably made it Wii U only, but he was forced to make a 3DS version.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, happy 400 pages, you guys.

Here's to hoping for the best.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Happy 400 pages, guys. . .400 pages reached by way of legitimate discussion and comradery, and not spam or hysteria, no less. Be proud, it's because of the quality of the individual members here we've been able to accomplish this.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wow, 400 pages? Kool, this kalls for a celebration. Kould this be K. Rool's Finest Hour?!

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Happy 400 pages, guys. . .400 pages reached by way of legitimate discussion and comradery, and not spam or hysteria, no less. Be proud, it's because of the quality of the individual members here we've been able to accomplish this.
Um... Hate to point this out, but a lot of posts here are those special "initiation" videos...

But aside from that, you're definitely right.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Um... Hate to point this out, but a lot of posts here are those special "initiation" videos...

Those are by far the most important posts in this thread.

On another note, I just made my 500th post on the 400th page of my favorite thread. I will remember this.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

I'm well aware, but I've come to enjoy our, uh, "initiation" way too much to actually malign it in any way. Plus, one video repeated under a single circumstance is definitely preferable to general off-topicness or crossover fanart.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm well aware, but I've come to enjoy our, uh, "initiation" way too much to actually malign it in any way. Plus, one video repeated under a single circumstance is definitely preferable to general off-topicness or crossover fanart.
You know...

I don't think I ever got a "proper" initiation.

Killimano23

Smash Cadet
From what I heard, Iwata originally wanted it 3DS only. Sakurai had to push for it to be on Wii U as well. It wasn't Sakurai's decision to make it on both consoles. If it was up to Sakurai, he'd have probably made it Wii U only, but he was forced to make a 3DS version.
lol Nintendo really was just ready to give up on the Wii U weren't they? XD

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Happy 400th page guys. I can't believe I joined this thread 200 pages ago. I gotta say it was worth it because before I came here I thought I was the only one who really liked King K. Rool and now have a place to talk about my favorite villain as much as I want.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
You guys are great. Even though I've been a member of the boards for about a month and this thread in particular, I'm thankful to be, One of You. Happy 400 pages Kutthroats!

Last edited:

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
Comrades! The new DLC for Mario Kart 8 with characters like Link or Villager let me think about a real huge potential for DLC in Smash for Wii U/3DS. What if Sakurai is working secretly in our King for DLC. Everthing could happen right now, and Nintendo knows that we are very crazy about K. Rool!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Comrades! The new DLC for Mario Kart 8 with characters like Link or Villager let me think about a real huge potential for DLC in Smash for Wii U/3DS. What if Sakurai is working secretly in our King for DLC. Everthing could happen right now, and Nintendo knows that we are very crazy about K. Rool!
If anything K. Rool is probably in the game and he's just not known yet. But DLC is possible, I suppose.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Summary of my experience as a K. Rool supporter thus far:

"K. Rool is irrelevant! He will never be playable in Smash 4!"

No, it can't be true

I could play K. Rool if I wanted to

If in the game I could spy...that big kroc with my eye

Why I'd cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Clearly I will be hopeful....nooooo moooooooooooore.

Last edited:

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
Happy 400 pages, guys, and may our King make his way into the game one way or another!

Last edited:

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
Agreed! Seeing how everyone clamored to have Link in Mario Kart, Nintendo clearly knows that its good to acknowledge what the fans want.. :)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Happy 400 pages guys, I hope that even if he's not on the main roster, we can keep pushing for DLC or other options for him.

Actually, Sakurai wanted to develop for both: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26712/sakurai-insisted-on-smash-bros-for-both-wii-u-and-3ds

[...]This comes from the recently posted "Iwata Asks" article on Project Sora's website where he interviewed Sakurai about his future projects. Iwata approached Sakurai to ask which of the platforms they wanted to develop for, and was shocked when the response was both.[...]

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I actually think that both K. Rool and Dixie are secret newcomers.
I think the opposite. If they're in, I think they'll be announced or will be DLC. The characters in the leak are probably the characters Sakurai DIDN'T plan to announce before release.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why people would give up when:

1. Complaining is a thing.

2. Fan petitions are a thing.

3. The final roster hasn't been unlocked on Smash 3DS.

4. I guarantee you Smash WiiU will have more characters.

5. Via the Gematsu leaks and Bamco leaks, we are 100% GETTING CHARACTER DLC!!!

6. Guess who's a prime candidate for all that=???

THIS GUY!!!!
Not if he's a boss or has any other representation other than playable or out of the game, it would be hard to upgrade a character from whatever to playable, no?

Balmora

Smash Rookie
I'm really pleased with what I've heard so far for Mario Kart 8's addons packs. With the two packs combined there will be 16 new tracks, which is like increasing the content of the game by 50%. It really seems like an obvious decision business-wise, seeing that Mario Kart is a huge seller and fans have been begging for it. If the Mario Kart 8 addon packs sell well, then I would be surprised if we don't see substantial addon content for Smash Bros post-release. Even if K. Rool doesn't appear in the final roster at release, there may be hope yet.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not if he's a boss or has any other representation other than playable or out of the game, it would be hard to upgrade a character from whatever to playable, no?
Frankly, I find it highly unlikely K. Rool will be brought back for this game JUST to be a boss. Assist Trophy, maybe, but Sakurai seems to be avoiding characters who could potentially be playable characters in the future. In all honesty, I think the evidence and teasing points to K. Rool as a playable character, although possibly not in the game by default. We'll see.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Don't really see a problem with it. A background character could be simply cut or replaced, and a boss/stage hazard could be worked around by having both the playable and NPC show up simultaneously, maybe using different sizes/costumes/etc. If you were upgrading an assist (I hope some will be), the patch to include the character could remove that assist from the available pool or just something like the above. How many different costumes has the Rool had? To say nothing that he may be in a pallette swap anyway.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Don't really see a problem with it. A background character could be simply cut or replaced, and a boss/stage hazard could be worked around by having both the playable and NPC show up simultaneously, maybe using different sizes/costumes/etc. If you were upgrading an assist (I hope some will be), the patch to include the character could remove that assist from the available pool or just something like the above. How many different costumes has the Rool had? To say nothing that he may be in a pallette swap anyway.
When King K. Rool joins the fight, his brother takes over as being the stage hazard.
Kaptain K. Rool:"Leave it to me!"

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Smash 4 should have only been made for Wii U. There would have been no corner cutting for the roster.
Nah.
If it was only to be in one console, there would be less expected revenue.

Less projected revenue = less resources spent on development = less people working on characters = slower to develop them.

The roster probably wouldn't be much different, and hard to say if it would be bigger or smaller. The only thing for sure is that the Ice Climbers would still be in.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Totally relevant. Just pretend they're celebrating the milestone.
Ok. It's really just because Pat in this clip more or less (in my mind) embodies the personality of our little krew!
...Congratulations, everyone!

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
400 PAGES OF AWESOME KREMLING GLORY Woot!

btw Is your avatar Pride Rock from Lion King?
I can never look at Godzilla the same. Can someone please edit a video of a clip of Godzilla roaring, but replace the roar with the intro from the Lion King?... Or something to do with K. Rool...

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Nah.
If it was only to be in one console, there would be less expected revenue.

Less projected revenue = less resources spent on development = less people working on characters = slower to develop them.

The roster probably wouldn't be much different, and hard to say if it would be bigger or smaller. The only thing for sure is that the Ice Climbers would still be in.
Not necessarily. Had Smash only been for Wii U, focus would be entirely on that, meaning an overall greater quality game.

TheSarcasticGuy

Smash Cadet
You have just listed the entirety of deserving newcomers added to this game as of now.
I'm sorry, but how can you say with a straight face that Villager isn't deserving? He's the star of what is now one of Nintendo's biggest and most beloved franchises. Fair enough if you don't like him, but saying he isn't deserving is just plain wrong.

Anyway, with the latest MK8 DLC, I have newfound interest of seeing K. Rool in Mario Kart. Please Nintendo.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
I'm sorry, but how can you say with a straight face that Villager isn't deserving? He's the star of what is now one of Nintendo's biggest and most beloved franchises. Fair enough if you don't like him, but saying he isn't deserving is just plain wrong.

Anyway, with the latest MK8 DLC, I have newfound interest of seeing K. Rool in Mario Kart. Please Nintendo.
I also think that Villager deserves being a Smash characters and K. Rool as well. But characters as Dark Pit I think not, that is Sakurai's favoritism, in fact Palutena isn't much loved by Smash community, Krystal I think deserves a place more than Palutena or Dark Pit or Doctor Mario (this being a Mario clone perhaps, I think Paper Mario would have been a better and more original choice for this game than the doctor, that is problem of development and lazzyness of the developers). Almost every character higly requested deserves being in the game,of course Ridley or Mewtwo too, I'd love to see Geno as well here, but oh my god, Dark Pit doesnt deserves this, he isnt important in Nintendo history, Pit is enough, and I love Kid Icarus Uprising but I think Dark Pit was a very wrong decision seeing it from Nintendo's history and its most important characters (maybe the gameplay of Dark Pit or Dr. Mario is fine, but that is not my point).

Last edited:
Top Bottom