• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
We don't know if Mewtwo or Ridley got shafted yet so I would hold my pants up. K.rool unfortunately seems a bit bleak which is too bad. But when dixie kong was playable in Tropical Freeze, I knew she had a better chance. It wasn't until kremlins were revealed to be enemies in smash run that K.Rool's prioritiy was restored since it meant the kremlins weren't forgotten after all. I do agree getting rid of Lucas and Ice Climbers is stupid and surprising. While Wolf was unique and had his reasons, three Star Fox reps just seemed like a stretch to me... I hate to say this but... EVERY FIGHTING GAME HAS CLONES!!!! My god, you guys seem to get bothered so much by so-called clones. Look at Ryu, Ken, and Akuma in Street Fighter. Roll and Megaman in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Charlie and Guile in Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Sakura and dan hibiki were luigified versions of Ryu and Ken. Lillith and Morgan in darkstalkers are very similar. Jotaro and dio brando have similarites in the Jojo's Bizarre adventure fighting game. How come I never really see those fans complain about those characters in those games but the Smash Bros. fans always do? Its not just Sakurai, Namco and Capcom are guilty of this to. Especially Capcom. While I didn't like Toon Link back then, I realize it makes sense he's in since Japan really likes the character and wanted him and you guys did to (I remember in the brawl days when a lot of western fans were open to having him in). While some Windwaker moves would be cool, it makes sense that he's similar since they mostly use similar weapons anyway and because there's more than one Link.

True, it would be nice to have some more Wario Land recognition, but we haven't seem him in action.

We've only seen like what, 5 moves? To early to judge. I only saw the Up-B, down taunt, forward tilt, neutral a, down smash, and up smash. Only the down smash and Up-B seem the same so far. I hate to say it, but the reason he was similar to Captain Falcon in the first place was because he was NEVER going to be in Melee originally, but he was one of 6 last minute additions because of his body build supposedly being similar to Captain Falcon. Silly? Of course, but it allowed him to be playable. I do hope he has more original moves because it would be a shame for him to be similar and would be better for Black Shadow to carry that torch.

Why? Greninja is one of the most popular 6 gen pokemon out there right now. Not just as a pokemon, but also in competitive play. Actually, I thought of him being in a Kalos pokemon trainer rotation which I would have liked. But you know, they seem to be borrowing elements from Project M after all.

Pittoo and dr. mario I agree with. But I disagree on Lucina. She deserves to be in and has her reasons. I said my reasons in great detail in the Lucina thread. Honestly, a similar character doesn't bother me. As long as the character is highly requested which Lucina WAS, as was Luigi, Falco, and Toon Link and it makes sense. In which for all four of them having similarities, it makes sense because it was based off the games they come from. The only time it bothered me was with Ganondorf in Brawl and Melee and characters like dr. mario and young link. And having dark pit. Because in that case, dr. mario, and dark pit are better served as costume swaps due to not having much requests and being alts to begin with (dark pit is a different entity to an extent, but seems more dark link material honestly.) while Lucina is a very loved character among the Fire Emblem fanbase, was wanted more than Chrom and many fans admit this, and like Robin, represents how an entire franchise was saved. Just like what R.O.B. did for video game history.

I understand the frustration about K.Rool's bleak chances, but keep your head up, think of the strengths that make up for it, and just think of how fun the gameplay will be and how it already looks like it improves on Brawl's weaknesses such as the Wi-Fi and Project M inspired Final destination variations of stages and no tripping.
I wouldn't mind the clones if Luigified characters hadn't been dropped. It seems awfully hypocritical to add characters who offer nothing new, but drop those who are at least more different. I have no problem with clones, but I do have a problem with icing unique characters.

As for Ganondorf, I'd have honestly rather have not had him in Melee if it meant he was going to be done right in Brawl. With Bowser looking and fighting more like he does in the mainline Mario games, Ganondorf still being a Falcon clone sticks out even more now, especially since he's now reappeared in Hyrule Warriors, and has a unique look and weapons. Smash Bros. Ganondorf just looks so damn lame by comparison, with him gingerly jogging everywhere. I do agree that his old moveset should belong to Black Shadow though.

Greninja was chosen before he became popular. He was just a sketch when chosen, and I'm convinced Gamefreak tried to justify his inclusion in Smash Bros. by making him lightyears ahead of Chesnaught and Delphox in terms of usefulness. They gave him a crazy good ability, Water is already one of the best types in the game, and he has a good movepool.

Ignoring all that though, my problem is that those who chose anyone but Charmander and Froakie are getting screwed. I chose Froakie myself, yet I still think it's a questionable decision. I'm against having starter Pokemon, since unless you go with all three of them like with the PT, there will always be 2/3 people who aren't happy. If there really needed to be a gen VI Pokemon, I'd have gone with Hawlucha.

I'm aware that the game looks great, and that I'll probably enjoy it (It has Mega Man, there's pretty much no possibility that I won't) but it just could have been so much more.

To be totally honest, I don't think I'd be this upset if it wasn't for Dark Pit. I was vehemently opposed to Rosalina, (personal dislike, though at least she's unique) Greninja (stated above), Palutena (personal dislike again) and Miis (Would be a damn essay to explain why), but none of them come close to the sheer dislike I have for adding Pit 2 the character the movie the experience the broadway show the animated series 2 Electric Boogaloo.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Not one you ******** better give up yet! Even if and I actually mean IF K rool is not playable, were gonna be loud as hell, were gonna push got k rool dlc like the kutthroats we are

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Fellow Kutthroats. We have to keep our heads high, even during these very bleak times...

The leaker who posted the character list (the one that had DHD, Bowser Jr., Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie) before the visual leaks never said anything about Dr. Mario or Dark Pit I'm fairly certain, so maybe he dosen't know of everyone.. I don't know, this is really getting to a lot of us. But we need this DLC campaign to start ASAP. The DLC rumor was wrong, so we could easily get K. Rool as DLC if we push the idea to Nintendo. But this needs to start now. If DLC truly isn't planned yet (which it shouldn't be due to what Sakurai said), then the sooner he knows the demand for K. Rool, the better.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
on the topic of Dk content..

Candy Kong trophy confirmed
The trophy literally references a minor throwaway crap-past-the-radar line by Funky to the Kongs. I can't fathom how this, head-banging Kritters, and supposedly Chunky are appearing, but seemingly nothing else of substance.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind the clones if Luigified characters hadn't been dropped. It seems awfully hypocritical to add characters who offer nothing new, but drop those who are at least more different. I have no problem with clones, but I do have a problem with icing unique characters.

As for Ganondorf, I'd have honestly rather have not had him in Melee if it meant he was going to be done right in Brawl. With Bowser looking and fighting more like he does in the mainline Mario games, Ganondorf still being a Falcon clone sticks out even more now, especially since he's now reappeared in Hyrule Warriors, and has a unique look and weapons. Smash Bros. Ganondorf just looks so damn lame by comparison, with him gingerly jogging everywhere. I do agree that his old moveset should belong to Black Shadow though.

Greninja was chosen before he became popular. He was just a sketch when chosen, and I'm convinced Gamefreak tried to justify his inclusion in Smash Bros. by making him lightyears ahead of Chesnaught and Delphox in terms of usefulness. They gave him a crazy good ability, Water is already one of the best types in the game, and he has a good movepool.

Ignoring all that though, my problem is that those who chose anyone but Charmander and Froakie are getting screwed. I chose Froakie myself, yet I still think it's a questionable decision. I'm against having starter Pokemon, since unless you go with all three of them like with the PT, there will always be 2/3 people who aren't happy. If there really needed to be a gen VI Pokemon, I'd have gone with Hawlucha.

I'm aware that the game looks great, and that I'll probably enjoy it (It has Mega Man, there's pretty much no possibility that I won't) but it just could have been so much more.

To be totally honest, I don't think I'd be this upset if it wasn't for Dark Pit. I was vehemently opposed to Rosalina, (personal dislike, though at least she's unique) Greninja (stated above), Palutena (personal dislike again) and Miis (Would be a damn essay to explain why), but none of them come close to the sheer dislike I have for adding Pit 2 the character the movie the experience the broadway show the animated series 2 Electric Boogaloo.
Oh, okay. I understand, it just seemed like it bothered you so much. I agree, that's pretty stupid and messed up to see Ice Climbers and Lucas be cut. Especially Ice Climbers in my eyes since I thought having representation meant they would get in. It is hypocritical in a way and a shame to shaft a character already created with established animations and status when all you really needed to do was import the character and tweak up here and there so it could work on the newer hardware.

I agree with this as well. If Ganondorf is indeed still copying most of Captain Falcon's attacks once again, that is really stupid an inexcusable in my eyes. Your right, they changed Bowser a lot to match more with his character and it doesn't make sense for Ganondorf to follow suit either. Its kind of like how I thought it was dissapointing that donkey kong has the same final smash instead of the jungle beat and Retro studios country games beat down. Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf looks amazing and hopefully can serve as a template for future games and future smash bros. games in general.

Yes, I am aware he was decided before X and Y came out because of concept designs, but I just feel it wasn't by coincidence he became popular and that it would be more evident if it was a more random pokemon and not one they felt fans would like.

Sometimes though, competitive play is taken WAY to seriously and can ruin things in my eyes. Its anyones preference with who they chose in my eyes and can figure out ways to win even if it's much harder.

Perhaps.

Yeah, dark pit is just like "Really?!". You do realize A lot of people like Rosalina and Palutena? Especially Palutena and at least you like the uniqueness in Rosalina. If you don't like them, that is your problem and we aren't always going to like everything even if a character makes sense and is well liked among the community. I am sick of people hating on the Miis. You guys do realize a lot of people wanted them in the game, fit the custom feature of the game, and are some sort of mascot and icon to Nintendo? I think Sakurai did a great job with them and you guys need to accept the casuals as one of us as they are human beings like us to. Mii's have very good reason to be in and people have wanted them to be in since Brawl and like the end result we got for them.

What newcomers that aren't the big 3 would you feel should be in the game and that you would put in? Would you reduce the Kid Icarus favoritism and Kirby favoritism?

Cpt. Cucumber

Smash Rookie
The roster could use more DK representation and some more bad guys. K.Rool's persona and look also fits perfectly with the Smash atmosphere in my opinion.

Though, with so much of the roster revealed, and most of the so called "text leaks" mentioning Dixie as one of the remaining unlockables, his future looks a lot more hazy. However, the fact that not all characters were unlocked in the leaked build gives me a glimmer of hope still. And of course, the kremlings making an appearance once again is slightly encouraging.

Either way, I'll stand behind the King until the very last slot has been revealed.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
The trophy literally references a minor throwaway crap-past-the-radar line by Funky to the Kongs. I can't fathom how this, head-banging Kritters, and supposedly Chunky are appearing, but seemingly nothing else of substance.
I have a hard time believing sakurai is so out of touch. Wouldn't he understand that showing off kremlings without talking about them at all, as well as the dk64 references would seem like a tease?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Not sure if this is true or not but I just read on facebook on a nintendo page that nintendo has already taken down the leaked videos on youtube but is planning a direct for this friday. Maybe they'll introduce better characters in it than these minor ones in the leak?

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Fellow Kutthroats. We have to keep our heads high, even during these very bleak times...

The leaker who posted the character list (the one that had DHD, Bowser Jr., Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie) before the visual leaks never said anything about Dr. Mario or Dark Pit I'm fairly certain, so maybe he dosen't know of everyone.. I don't know, this is really getting to a lot of us. But we need this DLC campaign to start ASAP. The DLC rumor was wrong, so we could easily get K. Rool as DLC if we push the idea to Nintendo. But this needs to start now. If DLC truly isn't planned yet (which it shouldn't be due to what Sakurai said), then the sooner he knows the demand for K. Rool, the better.
I know keeping faith is a good thing and all but to be honest I really don't have that much at the moment regarding K Rool and as wise as a DLC campaign would be, it wouldn't help too much were he a trophy stage boss or smash run enemy :/ That said despite my fears and doubts I support King K Rool until the end, I'm just losing faith

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
You do realize A lot of people like Rosalina and Palutena? Especially Palutena and at least you like the uniqueness in Rosalina. If you don't like them, that is your problem and we aren't always going to like everything even if a character makes sense and is well liked among the community. I am sick of people hating on the Miis. You guys do realize a lot of people wanted them in the game, fit the custom feature of the game, and are some sort of mascot and icon to Nintendo? I think Sakurai did a great job with them and you guys need to accept the casuals as one of us as they are human beings like us to. Mii's have very good reason to be in and people have wanted them to be in since Brawl and like the end result we got for them.

What newcomers that aren't the big 3 would you feel should be in the game and that you would put in? Would you reduce the Kid Icarus favoritism and Kirby favoritism?
I dislike Rosalina and Palutena for personal reasons. That doesn't mean others can't like them, it just means I don't. Just like how one of my friends doesn't like pork chops. I don't understand why he doesn't, but I won't begrudge him for it.

If you're that tired of hearing about the Miis, you probably already know the reasons I dislike them. So I'll save it and just say that I will most likely never warm up to their inclusion.

As for newcomers who aren't the big three? I'd probably go with Dixie, Takamaru, Black Shadow, and Captain Syrup. Dixie and Shadow to give a little more love to underrepresented series, Takamaru as our 'retro' character, and Syrup to give Wario's true roots some representation.

I would totally reduce the amount of favoritism KI is getting. Drop Dark Pit completely, and reduce the amount of items and enemies in Smash Run. Seriously, he has more enemies than even Mario, and Pit was included in the initial trailer instead of Yoshi. That's just absurd. As for Kirby, I'm not really seeing much of it to be honest. I feel like both Meta-Knight and Dedede deserve their positions given Kirby's overall success, and unlike the SSE, Kirby characters are not getting an inordinate amount of spotlight.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is true or not but I just read on facebook on a nintendo page that nintendo has already taken down the leaked videos on youtube but is planning a direct for this friday. Maybe they'll introduce better characters in it than these minor ones in the leak?
I had heard about the leaked videos being removed but nothing of a direct this Friday that would be a dream though since this Saturday is my birthday!

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I'm not giving up on K. Rool. He could still be an unlockable. We should begin to push for his DLC Kampaign more if the worst case scenario is true.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Don't be sad, guys. K. Rool was just too good for this roster. It would have been so improper for him to play along with the filth.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's not time for salt yet, guys. Lately I've been ascribing to the theory that some newcomers are being saved for the Wii U version, with free transfer to the 3DS version. And who better than the hypest newcomer choices? (Because honestly, they need to sell the Wii U version more than the 3DS one, and Sakurai already confirmed cross-communication but hasn't elaborated on it.) We know little-to-nothing about Wii U features, and different stages/modes aren't going to sell it by themselves if people can already play as all the characters when the 3DS version goes live.

We keep being told these aren't the final newcomer choices anyway, so I'm not worried until on the Wii U version, I see "You have unlocked all the characters".

And even then, who knows what Sakurai has planned. This train ride may never end.

Also, does no one else find it strange that even though we have leaked copies of the 3DS version, hide nor hair of Mewtwo, Ridley and K. Rool has been seen? (Trophies, images, what have you.) Food for thought.

Last edited:

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Takamaru and Isaac, Isaac still has a chance but it wasn't that big to begin with; I think Kirby is fine and my problem with Kid Icarus is more if bigger franchises like Donkey Kong Country and Metroid have less characters than it I loved Uprising but we should have had Medusa instead at least or Magnus not a fan of Dark Pit at all as a character in Smash 4 loved him in Uprising

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
I dislike Rosalina and Palutena for personal reasons. That doesn't mean others can't like them, it just means I don't. Just like how one of my friends doesn't like pork chops. I don't understand why he doesn't, but I won't begrudge him for it.

If you're that tired of hearing about the Miis, you probably already know the reasons I dislike them. So I'll save it and just say that I will most likely never warm up to their inclusion.

As for newcomers who aren't the big three? I'd probably go with Dixie, Takamaru, Black Shadow, and Captain Syrup. Dixie and Shadow to give a little more love to underrepresented series, Takamaru as our 'retro' character, and Syrup to give Wario's true roots some representation.

I would totally reduce the amount of favoritism KI is getting. Drop Dark Pit completely, and reduce the amount of items and enemies in Smash Run. Seriously, he has more enemies than even Mario, and Pit was included in the initial trailer instead of Yoshi. That's just absurd. As for Kirby, I'm not really seeing much of it to be honest. I feel like both Meta-Knight and Dedede deserve their positions given Kirby's overall success, and unlike the SSE, Kirby characters are not getting an inordinate amount of spotlight.
Okay. Too bad.

I'm not tired of them, I just wanted to say that believe it or not, they did get high requests for being in the game which is why they were put in the game in the first place.

I think those would be excellent reps. Especially Takamaru and its a shame he's an assist trophy, but at least his future is bright now that his game came out in Europe and North America. What do you think of Mona by the way. I think Syrup would be very solid as a rep since she's female and a villain. You also summed up the other parts well.

Yeah, it really has WAY to much spotlight. It does seem like Kirby has more balanced representation at least.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
We keep being told these aren't the final newcomer choices anyway, so I'm not worried until on the Wii U version, I see "You have unlocked all the characters".
Where were we told this?

The way I see it, the only way some hope could be reignited is if there is no K. Rool trophy on the 3DS version. That would be awfully suspicious.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Where were we told this?

The way I see it, the only way some hope could be reignited is if there is no K. Rool trophy on the 3DS version. That would be awfully suspicious.
Many leakers keep saying that. I'm terrible at finding things, but trust me. Either way, my theory still stands.

#Saltboards.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
When did the update to the leak happen?

I must've been daydreaming about the Kroc.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Well... regardless of whether K. Rool (or even Dixie for that matter) are in or not I'm kinda disappointed with the final roster.
Looking through some of those selections I'm like "...what?"

I'm sorry I've been kinda holding on to hope for better selections as with each choice but it's not been nearly as mind-blowing as Brawl was. It feels like ultimately scrapping of the barrel. If you like it fine, then great good for you. But I've never lost hype for Smash Bros before till now. K. Rool would be the saving grace to be sure but it feels kinda dead other wise.

I've got no opinion of the vets because at the end of the day I've seen this before.

Any kind of previous excitement (limited as it was) is dead. Because I have no real connection to anyone chosen.

Last edited:

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
As someone who was a "closet King K. Rool supporter" ... I really hope you guys get your King in this game.

I still have hope that King K. Rool, Mewtwo and Ridley can make it in. I think Smash needs more prolific villains amd K. Rool personifies that.

Reading some pages of this thread, you guys have my support ... the clips from the Donkey Kong Country cartoon took me back to my childhood and watching it as one of the launch shows on Fox Family; meant a lot to me made me realize how much the king SHOULD be in.

I think of DK and think of King K. Rool as his main antagonist ... seeing how big DK is, K. Rool should be in too. I study game design and acknowledge how difficult the whole process is, but still think you guys should be able to get your character in.

Hoping for better days for you kutthroats.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
As someone who was a "closet King K. Rool supporter" ... I really hope you guys get your King in this game.

I still have hope that King K. Rool, Mewtwo and Ridley can make it in. I think Smash needs more prolific villains amd K. Rool personifies that.

Reading some pages of this thread, you guys have my support ... the clips from the Donkey Kong Country cartoon took me back to my childhood and watching it as one of the launch shows on Fox Family; meant a lot to me made me realize how much the king SHOULD be in.

I think of DK and think of King K. Rool as his main antagonist ... seeing how big DK is, K. Rool should be in too. I study game design and acknowledge how difficult the whole process is, but still think you guys should be able to get your character in.

Hoping for better days for you kutthroats.
This is totally relevant.

Let's make it our anthem.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong Country? What's that?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Meh. Even if we do get some kind of announcement, it doesn't matter at this point. I just want the game out already, since we all know who's in.
Well even if that is the current roster I think there is a couple more characters left.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
K Rool is in. I refuse to believe this leak. THe videos have to be fake. they just have to.

Warios trophy description sounds like a two year old wrote it:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Good to see this thread calming down a little... It's been a lot of fun in here and we are reaching a conclusion one way or another; but it ain't over yet.
Even though my hopes are literally 0% right now, I'll stick around until the bitter end. Mainly because even though our support fell on deaf ears, I enjoy spending time here with all of you.
K Rool is in. I refuse to believe this leak. THe videos have to be fake. they just have to.

Warios trophy description sounds like a two year old wrote it:

As I stated earlier, this is frustrating, since it shafts Wario Land yet again. Why not mention his superhuman strength, his various transformations, or his feud with Syrup? Ignoring the first ten years of Wario's history is like if they only had Pokemon from the later generations.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I hear everyone say it is over for K Rool, but I just keep thinking back to Chrom. Everyone was so sure he was in and then Robin(who I wanted more but didn't think he had chance) took his spot and broke all the rumors.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Honestly, I still have hope despite the leak and you know why?
I can rest in the fact that's Sakurai is extremely clever and probably figured out a way to hide quite a few things in case of this eventualiality

I still believe that K.Rool is a possibility, the party's not over yet

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool kould still be in. There is no way he wont show up in this game at all, I mean really? Kut K. Rool out while the Kremlings are running free in smash run?
He will definitely show up somehow!

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Eeehhh...I suppose you can add me to the support list. I wouldn't be upset if he didn't make it in, but he's a far more deserving DK rep than Dixie and I think he deserves it.

Top Bottom