• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Another piece I found, apperantly called: Konqueror K.Rool

Sum good ****.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really have no idea, but I wasn't looking much at him anyway. First I thought it was maybe Geno, which would make the pic like 1000 times better.
Y'know, it kinda sorta looks like Geno. Just off enough though. Bummer!

Now, on the topic of stages, I once had a really incredible idea I posted waaaay back before Brawl. I'll just re-type it, since I don't have it on this computer.

DK Isle 64 :

The purpose of this stage is to explore the various aspects of DK Isle the Kongs travel to in DK Isle throughout the entirety of DK64. The stage would feature badass transitions and changing music as the stage progresses, moving from world to world.

DK Isle: The stage starts out on the sandy, scenic beaches of beautiful DK Isle. If they wanted to get nostalgic up in that *****, they could actually position the stage directly in front of the tag barrel and 5 warp pads. Also have the classic DK Isle music playing, the very same Diddy linked above. There would be walk-off ledges. (Sorry my fellow tourney bros. Transitions do not a good tourney stage make anyway.) Then the stage would move on to Jungle Japes!

Jungle Japes: The Jungle Japes segment is pretty simple. There's two palm tree platforms, and a basic green floor, but water, rather than walk-off ledges. (Think the main plaza segment of Delfino with the water.) Jungle Japes music, this part would be awesome.

Angry Aztec: Pretty basic here. Epic music transitions, two normal sides, and very, very dangerous quicksand smack dab in the middle, with plenty of things like the central totem pole and beetle tower in the background.

Frantic Factory: Things get a little more "frantic" here, as players land on conveyor belts (they go towards the center of the stage, rather than the edge) and also have to deal with occasional smashing from off-screen compactors. Have fun!

Gloomy Galleon: Time to chill! The stage is a raised version of the Lighthouse (so no walk-offs or water) and it's night, with the light house blaring and K. Rool's new ship moving around in the background. Must be Klump driving, or something. Relaxing, hazard free stage.

Fungi Forest: The stage starts out during daytime, and players are fighting atop multiple giant Mushrooms. After about halfway through this transition, it shifts to night. In the background are brambles, the big mushroom building and various flying things. Word.

Crystal Caves: Pretty easy decision here too. Fighting in front of the big Igloo, with water and two smaller platforms around. At random points stalactites might drop from the ceiling, or they might not. Watch out!

Creepy Castle: Fighting atop the tallest tower of the keep. The constant storm is flashing, the wind is howling, and you're bashing the hell out of your opponents. In the background you might occasionally see bats fly by, or Kremling Skeletons in the background of the actual tower, accompanied by the "AHAH!" of Kardboard K. Rool being tossed up and down. This section is a typical stage, no walk-offs.

Hideout Helm: Or rather, in front of Hideout Helm. This stage is positioned on a floating platform situated in front of the Blast-o-Matic. As this sequence progresses, the Blast-o-Matic will light up at various points, and eventually fire, which will KO anyone in it's path, and reset the stage back to DK Isle.

The opportunities for an incredible music selection here are endless! DK64 had such an awesome score.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh man! a deathroll as a down-throw or a dash attack would be amazing!
Oh! Oh! What if the Death Rool was K. Rool's Side Special? It could be an original move made up for the game that would function basically like Bowser's Koopa Klaw, but far more vicious and dirty. A single tap of the button would allow K. Rool to snap up a foe, then mashing B lets him to roll repeatedly with his victim for great damage (but probably low knockback).

If, for some reason, K. Rool does not borrow attacks from his alter egos, stuff like this is what he should have, at the very least.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mad Jack was one of the harder bosses in DK64.

Damn, I really hope they could make a DK64 remake for 3DS... Money or not, I'd buy it instantly. Miss that game badly.

D

Deleted member

Did I just see a suggestion to give K. Rool a gator death roll dubbed the Death Rool?

Big Mac

Banned via Warnings
K. Rool is my most highly anticipated newcomer for Smash 4, hands down, so count me in on this fantastic alliance. All hail Rare.

Death Rool is a fantastic idea that I haven't seen brought up before, and would make for a great dthrow. Maybe he can drag the foe around like DK's fthrow, or it could work as more of a tech chase like Ganon's Side B? Either way it'd be bloody epic.

On the topic of Donkey Kong in general, since we seem to do a lot of discussing that in this thread. . .Can you imagine how great it'd be if Ninty hired back on Grant Kirkhope? Not only is he the composer of all the golden age Rare games, he was DK's voice back in 64. He's quit Rare and been freelance for a few years, so we could finally use this as the opportunity we need to get rid of DK's current dumb voice and replace it with the one we actually like.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Not particularly fond of K. Rool as a whole, but nonetheless, I still completely support the croc. Count me in, please.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Looks like I have some OP-updating to do with these new Kutthroats/stages/BGMs.

In the meantime, enjoy some K. Rool GIFs.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, a Donkey Kong Country x Metroid crossover would be awesome I think.

D

Deleted member

Seems a bit more of a ridiculous concept than the Star Fox/Metroid idea.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm in full support of the Kremling King making his appearing in the Smash Brothers series. He's one of my top requested, that's for sure.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I hope that that the Kutthroat community can reach at least 100 members before E3. :bee:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
100 members is quite a lot though. How much do we have right now?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh wait, I was actually added (If the list hasn't been changed yet as I typed my last comment), must have forgotten. If not, then BKupa666 must have done me a favor. :p

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Isn't DK a boxer? That means we don't need K. Rool either!
Alright. I guess I offended Little Mac lovers. I tried my hand at a somewhat flavorful Little Mac moveset in his thread. He doesn't offer as much excitement as K. Rool.

Well just a couple months and we may get to see if our boy Rool is revealed.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
At present 88 89... counting those who haven't been added yet, so we need 12 11 more.

Kikwi-kiwi is there on the list.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
11 to go then? Whoa, we might actually make it! Good things.

I think with the upcoming ****storm of new members, and seeing how popular K.Rool is for Smash all over the internet it might very well be possible to make it. If not before E3, then certainly afterwards.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
What is this list for? Just... a goal of getting 100 board supporters?

Well, what the heck. It's about time for this Krazy Kroc to get back in the ring. Add me to the list.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So many new peeps showing their support! It almost brings a tear to my eye. I'm certainly glad Smash isn't about relevance, but instead celebrating Nintendo history. Jeez, man. (Then again, if Smash was about relevance, literally the only thing people would know about DKC is Returns, rather than its rich history. Same thing with Jungle Beat being the only thing DK relevant in Brawl. So glad that isn't the case!)

I'm glad K. Rool's got so much going for him. A resurgence of Kremling epicness is sorely needed, because honestly, the Kremlings added so much to Nintendo villain archetypes. K. Rool always seemed like the chaotic-evil villain contrasting Nintendo's two other lawful evil ones in Ganondorf and Bowser. (Blowing up DK Isle for the hell of it rather than taking over Hyrule/Mushroom Kingdom)

Warning! Angryness below!

If I may get sorta somber for a sec, I really just don't want kids these days to grow up without knowing about the Kremling King and classic DKC, since they already have to grow up without a certain Bear and Bird duo. I know the DKC fanbase hasn't had it nearly as bad as some other franchises (Hey Earthbound and F-Zero fans...) but I want something good to happen to DKC that doesn't involve Retro not including the classic main villain just because they don't feel like it. Don't say it was Miyamoto, I remember the "There's no crocodiles in this game" comment. Makes me so mad. Some revival that game was. I enjoyed the gameplay, but no other Kongs and animal buddies besides Cranky and Rambi? No Kremlings, and instead personality-less wooden instruments that were angry because reasons? Come on, Retro. At least you included Ridley in the Prime games...

Aside from that stupidness, I fully expect the Kremlings to return in full glory to DKC one day. (Considering Camelot and Sakurai seems to like them, I have no doubt that's true. Come on E3, let's roll some heads...)

Oh, and I was listening to the full Diddy Kong Racing soundtrack today because reasons, and oh my god, I forgot just how much of "the best thing" it is. GAH!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
It's annoying to see DKCR complaints because Kong X, K. Rool or Animal Buddy Y didn't make it in. Do you really wanna see Candy, Swanky and the current Tiny Kong again?

DKCR had the best mine cart levels throughout all 4 games, and actually made DK himself satisfying to play as. Who DIDN'T immediately choose Diddy over him in the 1st DKC? The masters had more creativity and thought put into their concept than simply resizing and recoloring a common enemy, or in some cases a freaking obstacle (an oil drum?! An oil drum that spits out more common enemies?!). The original soundtracks (aka non-remasterings) were better than DKC3's, and the silhouette levels were beautiful. Yes, the last master was a wooden Andross with little creativity, but compare that to a last master who throws his crown, hops around the stage and rains cannonballs in a very predictable and time wasting manner. Tiki Tong had more of a strategy than the 1st DKCs final battle, don't even lie.

The game even has a better continuity than the 1st game. DKC1? A bunch of crocodiles stole DK's food. Why? Because reasons; we still don't know to this day why K. Rool did it. We gotta come up with fan theories to explain it. DKCR? Some possessed wooden sculptures hypnotized the animals stole DK's food. Why? Because that's their life force. It's silly but still more plausible than having no explanation. There's not just continuity in the story, it's in the levels and masters. The 1st level of each new world has elements of the previous. Each Tiki has a musical theme in their look and in their music. What does DKC1 have? A giant beaver and his recolor, a giant vulture and his recolor, a giant obstacle that spits out normal enemies. I'm surprised K. Rool wasn't a giant Kritter and his recolor.

You guys should stop complaining about Returns because its not a part of your childhoods. It does better than the previous games in some areas (not music), and you guys should recognize that instead of dismissing it as a false DKC because Rare didn't make it, Dave Wise's not the composer and K. Rool's not in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tiki Tong was one of the worst bosses in video game history. His style is cliche, and reminds me exactly of the head enemy with hands from kirby.

It was NOT a good boss by any means

It was a lazily done boss fight

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Look, I recognize that, and I also recognize that I had a great deal of fun with the game, and that the levels were excellently designed. You might misunderstand my issue, or I misunderstand your issue with my issue, but my complaint about K. Rool missing and the characters is that the other DKC games built up on the characters that we really got to know, and since DKCR was supposed to be a revival, not seeing that was a big disappointment in my eyes.

I just don't understand why the Kremlings had to be replaced. They could have easily been in the game and it could have the same or a similar plot, and all the fans would have been happy. That, and once again I found the Tiki's to not have any personality compared to the Kremlings. K. Rool from the very beginning was built up to be a scheming douche, but a blundering scheming douche. It doesn't matter because it's done, but as long as the Kremlings aren't gone forever, I'm honestlly not bothered.

Edit: What's wrong with Candy and Swanky? :cool:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's annoying to see DKCR complaints because Kong X, K. Rool or Animal Buddy Y didn't make it in. Do you really wanna see Candy, Swanky and the current Tiny Kong again?
I actually wouldn't mind. It will at least give the new design a purpose of why it's there rather than just getting a redesign just because. I actually want to see another Donkey Kong game that bring's all the Kong's back into action, rather than just Donkey Kong and Diddy (and Dixie). Plus I like Tiny more than Dixie anyway, hey it's not my fault Donkey Kong 64 happened to be my first Donkey Kong game. :x

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My perfect DKC game should be made by Retro, Camelot and PAON.

And I was kinda upset about Retro's approach to with the Tikis and everything. It's the second time a good team of developers did this with the Donkey Kong franchise. As Nintendo EAD did it before with Jungle Beat (even going as far as shamefully replacing even the core characters as Diddy and Rambi by bizare white gibbons and a gaint goat). Retro did it a lot better, sure, but both Retro and EAD are guilty of trying too hard to beat Rare.

And in the meanwhile, Retro created Metroid Prime which included new territory and enemies, but still had Space Pirates and Ridley (even plans for Kraid) while Nintendo EAD made Mario Galaxy, which again had new terrority and some new enemies but was mostly Super Mario World in space. They even made Yoshi return in Galaxy 2!

I just find it really weird that the same people who made this:

[

Are also responsible for this:

I hope this made my point clear.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am just dissapointed with DKC being treated this way twice, and being expected to be content just cause Returns brought back Diddy, Rambi and Cranky. The PAON games did an awesome job in incorperating the helper Kongs, Kremlings and other enemies even though the games where poorly received (for bad reasons). And even the dreaded Donkey KONGA games had better fan service in terms of characters... I just don't get why Retro and EAD had to try to outdo Rare so badly. Cause they failed badly in this regard.

Also:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well I haven't played DKC Return's yet so I can't really have a proper opinion regarding the Tiki's yet (I'm currently waiting for the 3DS port). But I guess I can see why people are disappointed that the Kremling's aren't there. They just have this type of comedic charm in them that I'm not sure I'm going to see with the Tiki's but yeah, since I haven't played the game yet I guess it's unfair for me to judge them yet. ^^

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I kinda think it's actually a bit of a good thing K. Rool isn't in every DKC game. Helps him avoid that villain decay that plagues Bowser.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Zelda fans want their Ganon back to. Why can't the DKC fans have their K.Rool?

Top Bottom