• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Nobody's really talking about how similar this thread is to the Ridley thread.

It's scary. We both thought our character was a shoo in at one point, and...then catastrophe struck. Hard. Seriously, go check it out, if you haven't. http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ridley-for-ssb4-thread-end-of-an-era.324284/ The early posts and last posts there just....they're haunting. That could very well be us; believing he'd be in since melee, strung along for years, and finally stuck in limbo until 5mash, whenever that happens (because Sakurai seems to want to quit, but Nintendo's still making so much $). I think most of you are right; K. Rool will almost undoubtedly return in the next installment of Donkey Kong Country. But in Sm4sh....it's a clean 50/50 with this whole mii debacle. Other users have broken it down far better than I ever could, so I'll just leave it at that. We have to accept the fact that the King's finest hour may not happen for a few years.
Except that this situation is nothing alike Ridley's; .. This costume doesn't enter in conflict with future announcements regarding K. Rool; Ridley's appearance at Pyrosphere affected the character, for sure.

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448

Here's Gamexplain's discussion about the news.

Last edited:

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Except that this situation is nothing alike Ridley's; .. This costume doesn't enter in conflict with future announcements regarding K. Rool; Ridley's appearance at Pyrosphere affected the character, for sure.
That's the thing, though; read the earlier posts about Ridley's shadow, and grabbing pikachu, and how "Sakurai wouldn't tease him like this if he wasn't going to be in the game." That was before they knew he was a boss.

D

Deleted member

over 1000 messages i read them all. I READ THEM ALL!!! i take the mii costume as good news for the king it makes me feel he will have a future of some sort.
After looking GameXplain's comment section, I really wish Sakurai was just trolling and K. Rool is in, just to allow us to laught to those gleeful detractors.
the fact that trolls waste time hating on a video game character and his fans on the intrenet shows people like them have no life.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
That's the thing, though; read the earlier posts about Ridley's shadow, and grabbing pikachu, and how "Sakurai wouldn't tease him like this if he wasn't going to be in the game." That was before they knew he was a boss.
But the Mii Costume being a tease or not (anyone can believe whatever they want), again, doesn't affect future announcements regarding K. Rool; It's a costume and only that.. That doesn't nullify the possibility of the character being added, just like the Inklings.
Aren't comparable situations. Ridley already had a hole defined in the game.

D

Deleted member

K. Rool isn't a stage boss, and the Mii Fighter Costume isn't some incarnation of K. Rool himself doing something in the game, whereas the Ridley shadow tease was an actual "incarnation"* of Ridley performing an action in the game, not being a simple Mii Fighter costume.

*The form of Ridley that appears on Pyrosphere (Other M Ridley, AKA Roidley) is actually a clone of the original Ridley, so it technically isn't the Ridley that killed Samus's parents and kickstarted the story of Metroid and whatnot.

That is where K. Rool's situation differs drastically from Ridley's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Furret24

Smash Master
These announcements sure do do get people talking. Page 882 of this thread started only 11 hours ago, now we're at page 906.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Regardless of how well K. Rool is actually doing in the Smash Ballot (and I think all evidence suggests he's doing well), K.Rool is the unambiguous leader in "mind share" for Smash DLC. That is, whether you like K. Rool or not, his name has been out there consistently and more frequently than any other character. To the haters' chagrin, no other character is discussed as much as K. Rool. Even the veterans falter in comparison. This is a great thing and we can use this to continue getting votes for K. Rool and securing his return for the DK series.

Let's continue our investment in the Kremling King. There is still time to have it pay off.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I just want to say that I think the Mii wearing the K.Rool costume in the picture looks less like he has a troll face, and more like a really nervous grin that just gives the impression that he thinks someone's going to kill him for wearing it in public.

....Then again, my mind goes to strange places sometimes

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I really, REALLY want to believe that the K. Rool Mii Costume is hint at what's to come.
At the same time, though, I don't want to disappoint myself.:ohwell:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hmmm... so if the real King K. Rool gets in, who will replace the mii fighter if it's on stage? D:

"Leave it to me."

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
Well that was quick about the costume... But let's not give up just now because of this, if we show enough support and keep him at the top of the Ballot, they just can't ignore it or spit out the bull**** excuse ''He's already a Costume for the Mii Fighters!''. As mentionned, they did a similar thing with Meta Knight, showing off the headgear before confirming the actual character so that doesn't disconfirm him immediately.
If it just happens that they REALLY don't want K.Rool as a seperate fighter, this is just a huge middle finger to the fanbase and it will show that Ballot has no purpose and they don't care at all about it.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
As a Wonder-Red board lurker and supporter, this very POST makes me livid.
Don't worry about it, apparently Wolf, Krystal, Wonder Red, and Bomberman being Mii Costumes was "leaked" by someone connected with the Dr. Mario stage one, and often frauds will try to connect themselves with more successful leaks to feel more legitimate.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well that was quick about the costume... But let's not give up just now because of this, if we show enough support and keep him at the top of the Ballot, they just can't ignore it or spit out the bull**** excuse ''He's already a Costume for the Mii Fighters!''. As mentionned, they did a similar thing with Meta Knight, showing off the headgear before confirming the actual character so that doesn't disconfirm him immediately.
If it just happens that they REALLY don't want K.Rool as a seperate fighter, this is just a huge middle finger to the fanbase and it will show that Ballot has no purpose and they don't care at all about it.
Just a question, I believe that King K. Rool is indeed leading that poll. But do we know that for certain, did they share the results?

Eureka

Smash Ace
Don't worry about it, apparently Wolf, Krystal, Wonder Red, and Bomberman being Mii Costumes was "leaked" by someone connected with the Dr. Mario stage one, and often frauds will try to connect themselves with more successful leaks to feel more legitimate.
How would they even work as costumes? I mean Bomberman could maybe be a gunner, but he wouldn't really be BOMBerman then would he?

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Alright well it's been a nerve-wracking day for K.Rool supporters, but I really do think that this is a good thing for his chances.
I'm gonna get some sleep and hopefully wake up to some good news or something.

Top Bottom