• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm happy to see that K. Rool is almost entirely "Yes". Surprised to see so much "No" for Shovel Knight, but maybe his popularity was just a brief affair. Young Link is the only veteran I do not want to see return at all. Two Links is enough since Toon Link essentially replaced Young Link. I still stand by my statement that Toon Link IS Young Link, just with a more differentiated model. I really, really, really want a new Zelda character. But one that isn't another Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf (I will make an exception for Tetra but I would rather Impa).

As I said earlier on K. Rool, if he got in on more Mario spinoffs, he'd be much more likely. At least he wouldn't get automatically shut down like he has been pre-ballot.
I dunno if more spin-offs would've helped K. Rool all that much. People always got shut down when they brought up Sluggers because "it's not a main DK game." Nothing has really changed for K. Rool other than that there's now an outlet for his fans to sound off, which, coupled with countless positive exit polls, legitimizes him to the fanbase at large. He had a ton of support prerelease too, just no one took it seriously because "lol its only on forum polls."

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I dunno if more spin-offs would've helped K. Rool all that much. People always got shut down when they brought up Sluggers because "it's not a main DK game." Nothing has really changed for K. Rool other than that there's now an outlet for his fans to sound off, which, coupled with countless positive exit polls, legitimizes him to the fanbase at large. He had a ton of support prerelease too, just no one took it seriously because "lol its only on forum polls."
I think it would depend a lot on the spin-off. If King K Rool had been in Mario Kart Wii instead of Funky, for example, it would've been absolutely huge for him in terms of introducing him to a wider casual audience. Other spin-offs e.g. Strikers? Would've been very cool but less important.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
While I would have absolutely loved King K. Rool in Mario Kart(exp with a cool racing costume), I feel like getting in more Mario spinoffs could actually have hurt his chances, because it could be seen like Daisy tier spinoff fodder.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I really like jumping around and fighting in the air as basically everyone (I even do this with Little Mac to a lesser extent). DK's recovery kinda sucks which is why I kind of avoid playing him.

Well no, I was expecting K Rool's recovery to be okay in terms of verticalness and very good with horizontal recovery.
I'm weird. Plus DK's heavy so it makes it worse. I'm a convoluted mess.
That's funny, I always considered DK's recovery as one of the best ones but everyone handles their characters different I guess.
I think it would depend a lot on the spin-off. If King K Rool had been in Mario Kart Wii instead of Funky, for example, it would've been absolutely huge for him in terms of introducing him to a wider casual audience. Other spin-offs e.g. Strikers? Would've been very cool but less important.
Even Mario Tennis would've helped him out more as being a huge character to new audiences. I'd love to see him in a Mario Party game though as Bowser's substitute for DK's map.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think it's an unreasonable case to make that Diddy's huge presence in spin-offs in the GCN era helped put him in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

While I would have absolutely loved King K. Rool in Mario Kart(exp with a cool racing costume), I feel like getting in more Mario spinoffs could actually have hurt his chances, because it could be seen like Daisy tier spinoff fodder.
he's appeared in 4 main DK games i'm aware of and is the main antagonist of the series. this would not be the case.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I'm sure it will help his chances a lot, I mean, the only reason why Daisy is still on the front page of this forum is because her numerous appearances in such spin-offs has caused her popularity.

She is given a LOT of slack for being "spin-off fodder though...."

And yet he won't actually give us any reasoning about it? If the guy isn't leaking anything real, then there's no harm to his position.
you know except loss of trust, the fact he will be banned, and just in case to make sure no one loses their job in case they wind up being wrong.

Push is doing what he can.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
you know except loss of trust, the fact he will be banned, and just in case to make sure no one loses their job in case they wind up being wrong.

Push is doing what he can.
Let's look at it this way: He's not working for Nintendo. If the information is false, he has no reason to be worried about losing his job.
Banned....from what? GameFAQs? The easiest site to get past a ban on?
Salromano didn't lose any trust and he was wrong.

Let's look at it this way: He's not working for Nintendo. If the information is false, he has no reason to be worried about losing his job.
Banned....from what? GameFAQs? The easiest site to get past a ban on?
Salromano didn't lose any trust and he was wrong.
Push would be banned form smashboards

but someone ELSE loses their job. it's just common human decency not to betray someone's trust after specifically confiding them in private.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't really get it. Why would Push be banned over something about a rumored "leak", anyway?

D

Deleted member

Rememer when the Chrous Kids were EVERYWHERE during most of these so called "leaks" back in 2014?

Nowadays when it comes to DLC/Ballot "leaks", K.Rool is almost GUARANTEED to appear in this sort of stuff, it's pretty ironic and sort of amusing if you ask me.
But his presence in this whole fake leak shenanigans is because of K.Rool's HUGE ballot support and popularity in places such as Youtube (i have seen like 4 Ballot top and i most of these videos, he normally is on the top).

My question still stands, why would Dustin be banned, and furthermore, if the source is anonymous, what harm could come of it?
I don't really get it. Why would Push be banned over something about a rumored "leak", anyway?
Push agreed to it. I assume that it was so Push would be allowed into the circle in the first place to GET the information. So he agreed that if he leaks anything he will get banned.

basically a NDA

ESRB was anonymous and that guy got fired. Information getting out comes back to someone

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Push agreed to it. I assume that it was so Push would be allowed into the circle in the first place to GET the information. So he agreed that if he leaks anything he will get banned.

basically a NDA

ESRB was anonymous and that guy got fired. Information getting out comes back to someone
Then if it's fake will he tell us the information he was given?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

basically a NDA

On the bolded part, I know. So how did Push get involved in risking getting in trouble? And how long did it take before that guy got fired during that ESRB leak?

It's the guy who did the ESRB leak, Push and Neo Zero confirmed this. However, the guy's source wants to be anonymous
Really? So Push could get banned by confirming the guy who made the DLC leak did this?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Problem is that he never outright said WHO'D be DLC, but who the staff were thinking of, Takamaru was consideredas a playable characterbut scrapped, same thing here. He's playing it as safe as possible. Probably Ninja'ed though
If he's keeping it safe, then why add Isaac? He still doesn't stack up amongst Nintendo's greats as well as others.
Xenoblade was popular enough fans demanded it come to America.
Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, and Pokemon are the Big 5 of the Big N.
Little Mac earned his noteriety.
No one's more infamous then the Duck Hunt Dog.

Granted, one could ask the same of Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch, but he added them due to uniqueness. Maybe he feels he couldn't do Isaac justice?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
If he's keeping it safe, then why add Isaac? He still doesn't stack up amongst Nintendo's greats as well as others.

Granted, one could ask the same of Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch, but he added them due to uniqueness. Maybe he feels he couldn't do Isaac justice?
How would Isaac not be done justice by being put in Smash. You literally just have to give him some moves related to earth/rock magic.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Yes, because when a company asked people who they want to see playable and the creator saying 'from now on it's fan service' Isaac, a very popular character, would be very strange

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yes, because when a company asked people who they want to see playable and the creator saying 'from now on it's fan service' Isaac, a very popular character, would be very strange
Wrong thread... and my point isn't 'Isaac won't get in' like you seem to be thinking, it's that 'other factors come into play BESIDES popularity'.

D

Deleted member

Last time on Smash Boards's Bizarre Speculation....
Some random guy leaked something on Ihateroy.com (AKA gamefaqs) people thought it was just fake leak bait, but....
Neo megaman zero said the leaker was related to the ESRB LAEK (esrb stands for egocentric suicidal rocking buttocks) DUN DUN DUN...
A bunch of random people started lurking on this thread, and we were basically doing absolutely nothing special (i even went to the super market) but then Pushydushydustin acted da mickey.........
Can googoo and kirkristian stuart the K.Rool thread solve this mystery? Will the views come back to beyond 20 like in April?
can King K.Rool sing ONE OF US in reverse?!

Find out in the next episode of Smash Boards's Bizarre Speculation!*Roundabout plays*

So anyway, i have a question.¿If you had to gave K.Rool a new costume, what it would be and why?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Last time on Smash Boards's Bizarre Speculation....
Some random guy leaked something on Ihateroy.com (AKA gamefaqs) people thought it was just fake leak bait, but....
Neo megaman zero said the leaker was related to the ESRB LAEK (esrb stands for egocentric suicidal rocking buttocks) DUN DUN DUN...
A bunch of random people started lurking on this thread, and we were basically doing absolutely nothing special (i even went to the super market) but then Pushydushydustin acted da mickey.........
Can googoo and kirkristian stuart the K.Rool thread solve this mystery? Will the views come back to beyond 20 like in April?
can King K.Rool sing ONE OF US in reverse?!

Find out in the next episode of Smash Boards's Bizarre Speculation!*Roundabout plays*

So anyway, i have a question.¿If you had to gave K.Rool a new costume, what it would be and why?

Fits in with some of the military themed Kremlings and we've been over K Rool basically being a Kommunist.
Komrade K. Rool

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Fits in with some of the military themed Kremlings and we've been over K Rool basically being a Kommunist.
Komrade K. Rool
You made me think about all the krazy Stalin propaganda:

I need to K.Roolize this now.

Edit :
propaganda.jpeg

Last edited:

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
That reminds me, could someone edit this and the change the map to maybe a Smash Ball or the Smash logo?

Top Bottom