• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
Kirby was probably shown off in Brawl to go with Meta Knight and the joke that Kirby is shocked when his design doesn't change.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
DK is indeed ahead of Kirby in sales. Sakurai would like us to think otherwise seeing as how Kirby is always shown off with Mario, Link, and Pikachu and every Smash trailer we get....I always (to this day) have wondered why its Kirby there and not DK...0.- Like I get it..its your game Sakurai....but...I would say, personally, that DK is more recognizable to the world anyway.
I'd say level of video game character recognition goes either Mario or Pac-Man first, then Sonic or Donkey Kong third.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Isn't it full already with Mii Fighters?
Whoops, my bad. Forgot that I never downloaded Roy or Lucas.

I still stand behind 2 more characters though, both of whom are ballot choices.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
With Wii Remote Man, I wouldn't care if he was in the game... after King K. Rool. I'd be happy with any character after that point because that's more characters to play with and K. Rool is the only one that I'm truly passionate about. However, if the next Direct shows Wii Remote Man being displayed instead of King K. Rool, I'd be pretty upset that a JOKE got in before one of the (if not THE) most voted character.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Will someone post the One of Us song from DK and the Legend of the Crystal Coconut?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tell me about it. It was funny at first but if people seriously vote for this guy to the point where he's even considered that will so stupid.
He most likely won't be but it's concerning.
As far as I'm concerned, it's just like voting for Goku or Shrek to where the votes shouldn't even count.

"Reckless Wiimote Safety Man" isn't even a real character!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As far as I'm concerned, it's just like voting for Goku or Shrek to where the votes shouldn't even count.
At least Goku, with all of the obvious issues he has, is actually a character people like.
They think it's funny but if Reckless Wiimote Safety Guy actually got in most of the people who voted for him would be pissed.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer

I mean, I always enjoy creativity, like what happened with R.O.B., but Reckless Wiimote Safety Man doesn't even look like it has personality. At least R.O.B. was a robot. Sure I guess it can be funny to have joke images to promote Wiimote Safety like they do with Shrek, Reggie, Etika, etc. But it kind of sucks that 300 potential votes, in a poll that is supposed to help people get an accurate depiction of what is getting suggested on the ballots, were wasted at a sub-par humor attempt. I'm probably just being a grump. I won't stop them or anything, but it still bugged me.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think anybody is actually submitting votes for RWSM on the ballot, just voting for him in exit polls as a (bad) joke.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I don't think anybody is actually submitting votes for RWSM on the ballot, just voting for him in exit polls as a (bad) joke.
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if there actually were people voting for him in the ballot itself, I must admit. :p

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Steve Mayles isn't Japanese, so it's probably a no-go, but...

D

Deleted member

It's probably been brought up before, but where did Sakurai say that he likes to talk with the characters' creators when working them as fighters?

That detail has me interested.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's probably been brought up before, but where did Sakurai say that he likes to talk with the characters' creators when working them as fighters?

That detail has me interested.
I found this article, where this quote stands out in relation to designs...

All of the detailed upgrades for characters were done with the supervision and approval of the original character creators, though not everything went smoothly.
I remember seeing a separate source during a discussion where some guy was defending Wario's lack of Land inspiration by saying "both Wario's creator and the Ware developer approved of his Smash appearance." Can't seem to find it via Google, though.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Like I said, how does one explain Diddy if Sakurai is so concerned with talking to a character's original creator?

D

Deleted member

I found this article, where this quote stands out in relation to designs...

I remember seeing a separate source during a discussion where some guy was defending Wario's lack of Land inspiration by saying "both Wario's creator and the Ware developer approved of his Smash appearance." Can't seem to find it via Google, though.
Hate to derail the discussion with the done to death topic of a certain draconic being of the violet variety, but in my mind, this tells me that Sakamoto and Makoto Kano (not Yokoi for obvious reasons) potentially played a role in exclusion....

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Like I said, how does one explain Diddy if Sakurai is so concerned with talking to a character's original creator?
It seems to be more of a courtesy than a prerequisite, hence Diddy.

Hate to derail the discussion with the done to death topic of a certain draconic being of the violet variety, but in my mind, this tells me that Sakamoto and Makoto Kano (not Yokoi for obvious reasons) potentially played a role in exclusion....
Yeah, rereading that quote gave me similar suspicions, though to be fair, it would seem from that one article as though they were simply reaffirming Sakurai's conviction, rather than forcing it upon him.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I doubt it. What character designer would, in their right mind, say no to their character being featured in Smash?

D

Deleted member

I doubt it. What character designer would, in their right mind, say no to their character being featured in Smash?
Not saying "no" to the character.
Saying "no" to the changes to the character Sakurai would propose.

StormC

Smash Hero
Not saying "no" to the character.
Saying "no" to the changes to the character Sakurai would propose.
Sakurai's words were translated to "it would take a lot of convoluted hocus-pocus to make Ridley a fighter." Never sounds like he ever seriously tried it, or wanted to.

D

Deleted member

I am not going to get wrapped up in another bloody Ridley argument where the opposition is dead-set on Sakurai being a Ridley hater based on focusing on the bare minimum of what he said, let alone do so on the K. Rool thread.

All I wanted to do was attempt to convey a hypothesis in response to what BKupa has told me. I should have known that even daring to bring in Ridley in any context would open the damn floodgates. Maybe I was just willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Whatever.

Forget I even said anything and let's move on to another subject in relation to K. Rool.

StormC

Smash Hero
I am not going to get wrapped up in another bloody Ridley argument where the opposition is dead-set on Sakurai being a Ridley hater based on focusing on the bare minimum of what he said, let alone do so on the K. Rool thread.
I'm pretty much indifferent to Ridley at this point, my man. :p I just like to have all the facts on the table. But I agree that the K. Rool thread talks about Ridley too much.

D

Deleted member

Ok.

So....back to the theory that the reason K. Rool doesn't have the gold armor on his belly now is because he's outgrown it. :troll:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Warning Received

For those ever wondered what king k rools voice would sound like, i think this is a realistic choice :)

For those ever wondered what king k rools voice would sound like, i think this is a realistic choice :)

and this one lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom