• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I still like the idea for down-Smash/down-B electrical traps. I feel like emphasizing his traps and gadgets would give K. Rool an obvious niche.

Though in general your moveset was pretty solid, Burrini.
Wow never though of using Electric traps before in K Rool's moveset. Makes it a lot more unique since :4bowser:,:4dedede:,:4yoshi: have the butt stomp move. I'm still confused why Mario doesn't have one for his down air. Makes more sense than the tornado.

Burruni

Smash Hero
That sure didnt help Ridley.
Sakurai said that Ridley would probably be impossible between Brawl & Smash 4.
He's never shot down K. Rool.

Edit:

Wow never though of using Electric traps before in K Rool's moveset. Makes it a lot more unique since :4bowser:,:4dedede:,:4yoshi: have the butt stomp move. I'm still confused why Mario doesn't have one for his down air. Makes more sense than the tornado.
Yeah... I just... wanted to make one of his specials based on each of his 4 Rareware fights.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
How many of you guys have seen pro-K. Rool messages on the Miiverse stage?
I've seen them in the support sections on Miiverse, but haven't yet seen any pulled into the stage itself. The same goes for other characters where this is being done, too.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I have! Oddly enough when I was playing as Ryu against Dr. Mario, a picture of K. Rool with "VOTE K. ROOL!" popped up in the background.

I was pleased.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Your moveset is really good Burruni, but I would change a couple of things. The grab could be made more unique doubling as a reflector, sucking the projectile inside the blunderbuss and immediatly firing it back.

As for the back air, I had a really neat idea; K. Rool swings a Klaptrap back, throwing it behind him. The sweetspot is when he hasn't thrown the Klaptrap yet, which does a lot of damage, while the sourspot is the Klaptrap flying in the air, which does little damage and knockback, but enough to gimp someone. When the Klaptrap hits a platform it disappears.
The down air is him swirling down, similar to that of Wario. The krown has a spiking sweetspot, the belly is a sourspot that sends opponents forward.

The Final Smash is Kredits. Fake Kredits with names of Kremlings start to roll, while K. Rool fakes death, being invincible in this status. The Kredits inflicts very high damage and knockback and are about the width of Final Destination. Of course, the final Kredits line, "Director: K. Rool", inflicts higher damage,

One of the taunts should really be his "YEAH! THANK YOU!" from DK 64. Bonus points since he sounds like he's saying "**** YOU".

The rest of the moveset ideas I had were similar or worse than yours.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The way I see it I think DLC will play out like this

After Nintendo announced that Mewtwo would be joining Smash Bros as DLC Sakurai and his team spent their time working on Mewtwo and other pre ballot characters (like :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::wolf:). They probably at this time had already came up with the idea of allowing fans to vote for future Newcomer DLC. Then in April Nintendo announced the ballot when they revealed their first pre ballot DLC character; Lucas. They continued working on Lucas and other pre ballot characters while waiting for a good number of votes to pileup. They then released Lucas, Roy, and Ryu in June. After the first 2 months of gathering data through the ballot they began working on the first ballot DLC character in June while still working on other pre ballot characters.

If you think about it this makes a lot of sense because most fans voted within the first few weeks the ballot was out instead of waiting until the end.

Next in August they will release Wolf and a 3rd DLC pack of stages and costumes, and possibly showoff one last pre ballot character to be released in October. In August 4 months will have passed since Nintendo opened up the ballot to the public. Sakurai and his team will now reexamine the data again to see who is currently winning and pick their second DLC character from the ballot. Also, it is important to note that Sakurai and his team will now be able to focus almost all of their attention on working on just these two ballot characters.

October will come and the last pre ballot character will be available to download with the 4th DLC pack. This is when Nintendo will announce the first character from the ballot to be available sometime between December and February (that means Sakurai's team will have had 6-8 months to work on this first character). They will then in October look at the final data from the ballot and decide who the last ballot character will be and begin working on them while working on the other two ballot characters.

Two months after releasing the first ballot character they will release the second character, and then 2 months after that finally the third character. Thus, we will get a total of 3 characters from the ballot.

Obviously one of these choice will be the one and only
This is 100% what i think is happening also 100% what i want to happen.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Theres a few videos on it for explamation

Heres etikas
http://youtu.be/IQrpSLcHYvA

And slightly off-topic for everyone

But sylux may have gained some ground for smash bros

Because the director of metroid said in the real prime sequel for NX (prime 4) they want the story of samus and sylux in that

And also in prime 3's secret ending

The ship you see in it the one that pops out

Turns out the director confessed it was sylux piloting that it was his ship on that ending not dark samus.
Link to article plz where he saidbthat

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Predictions:
1.:4mewtwo:
2.:4lucas:
3.:4feroy:
4.:4ryu:
5.:wolf:
6. Rhythm Heaven Rep
7. King K. Rool
8. Inkling

My wishlist would be Isaac instead of a Rhythm Heaven character and Ridley over the Inkling, but you know.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Link to article plz where he saidbthat
:link:
Here it is. . . Definitely exciting news to hear, although taking this news into account, the best we can presume to see of Metroid anytime in the near-future is of the side-scrolling kind. Now that I'm thinking about it, unless Tanabe is just straight deceiving us because he has to, that would mean that Retro is in fact /not/ developing Metroid Prime 4 for the Wii U right now, so. . . What exactly are they developing? As much as I would love to see the Kremlings and the King return in a new DKC, I just don't believe that's what they have coming to the table next. Hhmm.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Here it is. . . Definitely exciting news to hear, although taking this news into account, the best we can presume to see of Metroid anytime in the near-future is of the side-scrolling kind. Now that I'm thinking about it, unless Tanabe is just straight deceiving us because he has to, that would mean that Retro is in fact /not/ developing Metroid Prime 4 for the Wii U right now, so. . . What exactly are they developing? As much as I would love to see the Kremlings and the King return in a new DKC, I just don't believe that's what they have coming to the table next. Hhmm.
Its not gonna happen for another 3 years though...i bet....WiiU was a waste..,

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Instead of checking the randomness, I just went over to the Popular Posts. Admittedly DK's Miiverse community still has the 'Expand Dong' joke even in the popular posts, but I did see a 'Vote K.Rool!' post. I've yeahed it, so I'll link it eventually.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was pretty damn sure Retro were quite clear they weren't doing Metroid early LAST year already, but of course everyone had to interpret it differently.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/03/retro-hopes-to-work-on-metroid/

I don't think Retro are doing a new IP, and I certainly don't think they're doing F-Zero. Right now my bets are on a 3D Donkey Kong game. It definitely will not be 2D because its both a new engine and its a 3-year title. That said, they could be working on a second project. I still think its very likely the second project could be Diddy Kong Racing, since, well, we've seen NOTHING from them yet, but they're got 100 people in their studio, so I don't believe they're doing only one project. It'd make sense if its a leftover project they've been trying to help work on for some time.

I can't think of anything else Retro could be working on at the moment. In the past I had the idea of maybe them working on Golden Sun for Camelot, since Kelbaugh did work on the original Donkey Kong Country years ago then later did DKC later. He also worked on Golden Sun (and apparently F-Zero, though I don't think anyone is doing anything F-Zero right now). But with Camelot doing another Tennis game I doubt that. Camelot had expressed interest in a DK64 sequel some time ago, so I could see them doing that on 3DS and hand off GS to someone else, but if its just another Tennis game (and for Wii U for that matter), I really doubt that's the case atm.

So yeah, other than 3D DK and helping with DKR, I can't think of anything else Retro could be doing right now. I DO NOT think they'll do a new IP this late in the Wii U's life span.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I like the moveset and the Kopter drawing.

I wish DK had an AT, some Kremlings would make good ATs. Like Klubba whacking people around.

StormC

Smash Hero
The baffling thing about DK lacking an AT twice in a row is it has so many good options. Kongs, Animal Buddies, enemies...

StormC

Smash Hero
I actually thought Fredrik might have been a neat AT if he used his horn to freeze targets. I like boss characters as assists a lot.

Also would be great to have him side by side with playable K. Rool, to prove who the real big baddie of Donkey Kong is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom