• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
The robin/lucina release was a very bad day for me. Just so many characters I 1. Didn't care about. And 2. Didn't know about. Today I'm cool though because even though I'm not a street fighter fan Ryu will be fun to play as. And If I want to play a Marth Clone I'll be using Roy simply because of his Neutral b. And melee nostalgia. I'm expecting some kind of curve ball tomorrow, I don't feel like they pre-leaked EVERYTHING and anything that is coming tomorrow. And if they did then.... Guess we'll wait 2 more days for e3. If they're announcing smash stuff there. Are they? I never was informed about that.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I've also noticed in Smash 4 all the clone newcomers (or DLC characters) were packaged with another character.

Lucina with Robin.
Dark Pit with Palutena.
Roy with Ryu.
(and if you really wanna stretch, Lucas with Mewtwo, or more accurately Mewtwo with Lucas since Mewtwo is the only real clone there)

While Dixie almost definitely will not be a clone, her similar-ish properties may not sell her as well on her own. So, pairing her with K. Rool makes sense. Tag teaming characters occasionally makes sense in trailers, because you get to show off two new characters showing all their tricks without having to take any of them off the screen.
Technically Mewtwo came first in Melee, if anything Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo. Still, you have a point with the other 3.

Ryu and Roy look awesome but I don't think I'm going to buy them right away. I'd prefer to buy characters I'll actually play as and not mostly beat up on (that's basically what it already is for me with the default roster.)

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Technically Mewtwo came first in Melee, if anything Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo. Still, you have a point with the other 3.

Ryu and Roy look awesome but I don't think I'm going to buy them right away. I'd prefer to buy characters I'll actually play as and not mostly beat up on (that's basically what it already is for me with the default roster.)
I'm going to buy all the upcoming characters day one, just to throw Smash Bros. money at Nintendo to support continued DLC... cough cough.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm going to buy all the upcoming characters day one, just to throw Smash Bros. money at Nintendo to support continued DLC... cough cough.
Whatever works for you, at least I'm aware that all these characters have fan support so I'm not worried about discontinued dlc for smash happening.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes im getting every dlc character and stage no matter what.
People like you make it so easy for developers to just come up with overpriced **** DLC because they will know that 68% of the fanbase is gonna suck it in and embrace whatever the hell we're getting thrown. GROW SOME TESTICLES! DON'T BE A SHEEP! :sadsheep:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
People like you make it so easy for developers to just come up with overpriced **** DLC because they will know that 68% of the fanbase is gonna suck it in and embrace whatever the hell we're getting thrown. GROW SOME TESTICLES! DON'T BE A SHEEP! :sadsheep:
Dude one reason im gettin all characters is due to being 3,99 anf 4'99 for single console users

I have both versions so i save 4 bucks/1 dollar due to having both versions.

And just to remind. Wolf is pracitcally locked now due to ryu and roy leaked.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dude one reason im gettin all characters is due to being 3,99 anf 4'99 for single console users

I have both versions so i save 4 bucks/1 dollar due to having both versions.

And just to remind. Wolf is pracitcally locked now due to ryu and roy leaked.
Yes, that's a lot of money still.

Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Wolf, that's already a confirmed $20,- or so. Smash is supposed to be in a range of $50~$60. That's getting quite close to a one third of the game's price only for DLC characters.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Wait a second
are Ryu and Roy only available together?
would be a shame since i want Ryu but also don't want to let Roy make my roster ugly
(1st world problems i guess)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Wolf, that's already a confirmed $20,- or so. Smash is supposed to be in a range of $50~$60. That's getting quite close to a one third of the game's price only for DLC characters.
Yea but thats a cheaper than you think.

I made a mistake in a game called ace combat assault horizon

Combine the money for all the content in that its like triple or quad to 20 dollars (its like 8 bucks to just get 1 jet. While the other 5 were 5 bucks)

Basicly. A term of is it worth it or not.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360

Which is why I'd only buy some characters if my friends paid me to do it. I don't want to play as them, but if they do then they can pay for it.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Let's try to move back on topic.
My question: Which role would K Rool have in the SSE if he was in Brawl (or there was one in Sm4sh)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You guys need to stop whining whenever a non K.Rool character gets in.

A lot of you guys whined about Lucas.

You're whining now.

This isn't helping your cause.

It's hurting it big time.

Show a little positivity.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
You guys need to stop whining whenever a non K.Rool character gets in.

A lot of you guys whined about Lucas.

You're whining now.

This isn't helping your cause.

It's hurting it big time.

Show a little positivity.
I don't. #ACommunityIsntAHiveMind

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Let's try to move back on topic.
My question: Which role would K Rool have in the SSE if he was in Brawl (or there was one in Sm4sh)
He would only go after DK and Diddy. He has been given a weapon that can take out anybody with a single hit. The first thing he would do with such a thing is go after the DK crew.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
i'm buying all dlc because smash worth extra cash .
the best game on wii u and the only one i played 300 hours with friends.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
#ACommunityAlsoNeedsToSpareIt'sEffortsToNotCreateUtterChaosAsForExampleMeleeVSBrawlDebatesAndTheLike
ALSO: Dixie Kong vs King K.Rool is just about as bad as Melee vs Brawl, remember that.

Also, **** hashtags.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...Why did people have a dislike to Ridley's fanbase? A vocal minority said he's a 100% shoo-in who is the only important character left to add. Do we want to suffer a fate like this, where K.Rool fans are known to whine about every non K.Rool character?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
...Why did people have a dislike to Ridley's fanbase? A vocal minority said he's a 100% shoo-in who is the only important character left to add. Do we want to suffer a fate like this, where K.Rool fans are known to whine about every non K.Rool character?
Yes. You guys have passion, but don't let it get the best of you.

And learn to see the good things in things you don't care about.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Even though this dlc isn't for US here on this specific smashboards thread it IS for the game we all love to play, if anyone truly didn't like playing smash wiiu/3ds none of us would be here. I'm going to enjoy this DLC.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I agree to a point on the DLC topic, however I think Smash DLC is quite fair. $5 for a character is actually quite cheap when you look at other games. Plus you not forced to buy any characters I can play online with the default roster just fine so no ones forcing you to buy unlike games like Halo an CoD were you NEEED the new Map Packs to play certain online modes. Plus this is ALL NEW content which is being made now and wasn't slapped on disc behind a paywall.

At this point I've played every single character on the roster and the game starts to feel a bit stale but new characters be them clones, semi clones or all new characters offer new content be it just for aesthetics or for an all new expierience. So I personally will download all the new fighters as they come. I don't love DLC but I like it when it's done well.

I don't see the point in being a cynic until after the ballot if K. Rool dosnt show then I'll be mad. We still have E3 and even if he isn't announced for Smash we could see him in somethin else. Don't give up yet, everytime characters get announced this board becomes so depressing please let's just be patient.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes. You guys have passion, but don't let it get the best of you.

And learn to see the good things in things you don't care about.
And don't hate on Dixie Kong either when she's confirmed. The amount of hate Dixie gets here makes me resistant to go fully Kutthroat mode even though I've been here longer than most of y'all.

Really, why hate Dixie?

Even IF King K.Rool isn't getting in (which I almost see as impossible now) why wouldn't you just be happy we got an actual DKC newcomer?

Don't become the next Ridley fanbase Kutthroats! And I mean, -----> DON'T <-----!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I meant that Mewtwo is a literal clone. 'Twas a joke. ;)
5 FE reps and DK only has 2, ridiculous.
We don't play as "reps," we play as characters. Besides that, 2 of said characters are clones.

It's a heck of a lot easier to have clones of Fire Emblem characters than clones of Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong. That is especially true when Marth is easily one of the 3 to 5 most well designed characters in Smash history, as well as the fact clones hardly take any time at all to make.

Besides that, if we got say Dixie as a Diddy clone or any DK newcomer before Dixie, K. Rool, or even Cranky people would complain to no end. If we got say Chunky Kong as a Donkey Kong clone as the first newcomer since Diddy, DK fans would riot.

Edit: As much as I disagree with Sakurai philosophically on characters, he's 100% right on clones. They're bonus characters at worst. It's either you get them or freaking items or like 2 moves for one character. They're not worth complaining about (other than as DLC you don't think is worth the cover charge, or if you think there's a better clone that could be made). Yet, again, DK fans and Smash fans would still complain if we got Chunky Kong "instead of" K. Rool, Dixie, Cranky, etc.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The robin/lucina release was a very bad day for me. Just so many characters I 1. Didn't care about. And 2. Didn't know about.
Didn't particularly care about Robin or Lucina initially either, but that day was still glorious for the sole reason that it killed the Gematsu leak.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Stop whining and love Ryu and Roy. Ryu has his classic sound effects guy.

Could you imagine K. Rool with classic sound effects from various DKC games and DK64?

THAT WOULD BE UTTERLY AMAZING!!!

This is literally tell us "hey guys, you can dream, and get all your wishes." With K. Rool's popularity, it's hard to see it not happening.
I agree to a point on the DLC topic, however I think Smash DLC is quite fair. $5 for a character is actually quite cheap when you look at other games.
$5 or eve $4 per character is quite a lot to ask for.

I know people say Capcom is cheap, but look at Street Fighter IV. Ultra Street Fighter IV's update added 7 characters for $15 plus a few new game mode (namely a game mode where you can play any SFIV iteration of any character), loads of new outfits (way more than a measly 8 outfits per characters), Ultra attacks, tons of stages, as well as huge gameplay and balance changes.

Also for arguments sake, for $10 yesterday I just bought the 3 best King of Fighters games on Steam Sale, and I can buy Portal 1+2 for less than $7 now. So if I bought 2 characters on Wii U only that'd be 8 dollars, but two of the best games ever are cheaper.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If we got Chunky Kong as a DK clone, who's even heavier and stronger than DK, I would actually love it! Really. Throw in Lanky Kong to as a Diddy clone. I don't even care.

It will get very nasty if we're getting stuff as... DK Jr. as a DK clone, or Stanley the Bugman as a Mr. Game & Watch clone and they're both classified as DK characters. That is when I personally will riot. And you'd hear from it on the news.

Also, I like Roy, don't really feel anything about Ryu. If anything, the fact I already knew about these characters softened a lot of the "bitterness" I would normally get if I don't like what has been giving to me. But Ryu, he actually looks interessting. I cannot lie. And I will try out Roy quite a lot to. Stop acting like this is big news, we knew about Roy and Ryu a LONG TIME already.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Stop having opinions and instantly like everything Sakurai does."
"Hey, they made Ryu successfully transfer to Smash Bros. and look incredible while doing so all with 90's magically nostalgic songs and sound effects (you know, like what we're gunning for in this group? A early 90's throwback?).

They also decloned Roy and made him look like Captain Falcon Falcon with a sword with his strong offense, quick movement speed, and yet very weak recovery with hardly time put into it so it didn't quote and quote "another character's spot" (like the one we hope K. Rool has?). But nah, I'm gonna sit here and whine for no intelligently expressed reason."

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Stop having opinions and instantly like everything Sakurai does."
There's a difference between.

"Eh I don't really care."

and...

"DAMN SAKURAI HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?"

StormC

Smash Hero
There's a difference between.

"Eh I don't really care."

and...

"DAMN SAKURAI HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?"
There's also a difference between "stop whining" and "shut up and love these characters."

I haven't even posted any complaining. But don't tell us to all like the same things.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The character icons of :4feroy::4ryu: are fugly. There, take that complaint.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
To have the mindset that these characters "Got in over K. Rool" when Ryu was clearly likely dropped sometime in development due to time constraints and Roy was an easy clone is literally ludicrous. We should be THANKFUL this "competition" of sorts is in, so there's less reason to not have K. Rool as the next newcomer.

Also, by their designs and odes to the past, that's a very positive sign for K. Rool, since he hasn't had a (reliable) present since the late 90's in Donkey Kong 64, which was like 17 years ago.

Edit: In a game full of "super recent" stuff, the throwbacks of these 4 DLC character (Mewtwo and Roy to Melee, Lucas to Brawl, and Ryu to Street Fighter II) is ONE OF THE BEST SIGNS WE COULD HAVE FOR K. ROOL. You can be mad about the character choices all you want, but all that bodes well for K. Rool, which, last I checked, this thread was all about supporting K. Rool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom