• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Welshy91

Smash Ace
No way, if somebody comes here to discuss (and/or argue) then you discuss with them, don't baby them cause they're a bit younger, that's just condescending. I was a pretentious little prick when I was 14 and I rightly got **** for it, that was what helped me actually realise those things and mature properly. People calling you out on doing dumb things is how you realise that the dumb things you were doing were dumb. Yeah people should be polite and reasonable while discussing these things. Politeness and decency are important to having reasonable discourse anywhere, it should apply to everyone because it's basic manners, not because "pls don't be mean to the poor 14 year old."

The "of course he's dumb he's just a kid" people are being pretty condescending, but really that applies to your comment as much as it does to theirs, though you at least act on the side of consideration and not "lol dumb*ss kids"

I don't think I saw anybody being particularly rude here. Some people could have been a little less confrontational or whatever, and the people going "lol dumb*ss kids" were pretty bad and really being pretty condescending and dismissive, but for the most part I just saw people engaging with him on an equal level, and then getting (perhaps unreasonably) annoyed when it didn't really get through to him. Your post, on the other hand, was nothing but confrontational. You tell people to act more mature and yet your response to immaturity is to start yelling at everybody and declare that you're leaving the thread. If people were spewing pure vitriol at each other then this might be a justified response (though it could still do without the ANGRY ALL CAPS!!!!!), but as it is this is just a massive overreaction, and is really just making the thread worse. So by all means, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

for the record I mostly only skimmed the last few pages and didn't read stuff in-detail, so if there were some people acting like legit c*nts then sry in advance
You. I like you. People act like forums are for going into a thread and just agreeing with one another, and if you don't agree then just leave the thread. Which is bogus because disagreements are an essential part of any healthy conversation, and if we just disregard those that disagree with us, then we're robbing ourselves of differing perspectives and robbing them of our perspective. You can disagree and keep it respectful, but even if you don't, big whoop. Welcome to the internet.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You. I like you. People act like forums are for going into a thread and just agreeing with one another, and if you don't agree then just leave the thread. Which is bogus because disagreements are an essential part of any healthy conversation, and if we just disregard those that disagree with us, then we're robbing ourselves of differing perspectives and robbing them of our perspective. You can disagree and keep it respectful, but even if you don't, big whoop. Welcome to the internet.
Look, if I was a kid and started throwing my age around and only hearing what they wanna hear, I'm both going to tell people to ignore them, and try to steer them in the right direction.

I just think it's important to remember how kids often don't think before they do something (just like people in general do, but more) so a lot of things said may not stick at all.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I originally screenshott'd and didn't link has tag here for a reason guys lol! Knew what was coming if I did that. But in any sense
Boy I sure missed some stuff, that was some interesting couple pages......

Fellow Kutthroats when people come in and troll let's just let them talk to themselves. We should show how refined we really are! Especially after you shut them down with facts, just let them talk. So IF Diddy King Racing 2 is announced would you rather K. Rool be a boss or a playable racer? I mean why not both right? Still though which would you prefer..
LOL today was an interesting day indeed. It started when I screenshotted some bs, didn't link his tag in anyway, and his name accidentally got linked somehow and he came in and started a ruckus. I though it was hilarious personally. But after I shut him down with facts I just stopped and let him ruckus about. Btw K. Rool is in Jurassic World confirmed :denzel:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I originally screenshott'd and didn't link has tag here for a reason guys lol! Knew what was coming if I did that. But in any sense

LOL today was an interesting day indeed. It started when I screenshotted some bs, didn't link his tag in anyway, and his name accidentally got linked somehow and he came in and started a ruckus. I though it was hilarious personally. But after I shut him down with facts I just stopped and let him ruckus about. Btw K. Rool is in Jurassic World confirmed :denzel:
Spoilers to Jurassic World. DONT OPEN IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS.
Yeah, saw him kill the Indomunis Rex when he came out of the water.:troll:

Last edited:
NNID
MasterIcarus7

So you stating an opinion instead of a fact and continuing to hold your opinion as a fact counts as a valid excuse for earlier's flame war. Wow. How many reports will I get today for dumb pointless stuff. I'm already up to 3

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Sorry about that kutthroats, kind of dramatic sounding I know but have to treat it with seriousness. Definitely not the place or time. (should've pm'd him personally instead)

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Spoilers to Jurassic World. DONT OPEN IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS.
Yeah, saw him kill the Indomunis Rex when he came out of the water.:troll:
Well, not exactly, there's a difference between Crocodiles and Mosasaurs but I get your joke.

Bennext

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros already has Evil Kings, doesn't need another Tyrant.
What it needs is Dixie Kong, as a Diddy Kong clone, but better aerial attack.

:4dedede:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Super Smash Bros already has Evil Kings, doesn't need another Tyrant.
What it needs is Dixie Kong, as a Diddy Kong clone, but better aerial attack.

:4dedede:
....Are you trying to use Dedede as a Kappa Face?

Or are you ignoring the overall moveset potential of K. Rool and the fact that Diddy already has arguably the strongest aerial set up in the game which caused him to be in a tier of his own before 1.0.6.?

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm a Diddy main and nothing really beats his forward air except special moves with good priority and luigi's f-air at times LOL. It's kind of weird that diddy has SUCH strong aerial moves but his aerial/offstage game can be really bad at times. you usually want to keep grounded in a lot of situations.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
....Are you trying to use Dedede as a Kappa Face?

Or are you ignoring the overall moveset potential of K. Rool and the fact that Diddy already has arguably the strongest aerial set up in the game which caused him to be in a tier of his own before 1.0.6.?
I'm pretty sure the intent was for it to be like a Kappa Face; the reasoning so way too absurd to be for real. :p

StormC

Smash Hero
So let's say Retro is working on a game with K. Rool in it.

What do you think are the chances Sakurai will ask Retro about it and use it as a reference for K. Rool's portrayal in the game?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

What do you think are the chances Sakurai will ask Retro about it and use it as a reference for K. Rool's portrayal in the game?
Low imo. Some of the evidence points towards minimal contact between the two for Tropical Freeze content. This is despite Mario Kart 8 getting a stage and several music tracks even though it came out after TF.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

Did he ask Retro about Dixie's portrayal in Tropical Freeze?

Unless my conspiracy theory becomes reality, the chances are slim. Sakurai treats the DK franchise with apathy, not disdain.

Low imo. Some of the evidence points towards minimal contact between the two for Tropical Freeze content. This is despite Mario Kart 8 getting a stage and several music tracks even though it came out after TF.
Don't forget about Yoshi's Woolly World, which still isn't out yet. "Too new" has always been a poor excuse.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Hard to say. While I'm reasonably confident that his design choices for K. Rool will certainly please fans (see: Pac-Man), I'm not too sure if he'll talk to Retro studios about it.

:231:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226

LOL today was an interesting day indeed. It started when I screenshotted some bs, didn't link his tag in anyway, and his name accidentally got linked somehow [...]
I'm actually the one who tagged him. I wanted him to see the numbers that had been posted by @JaidynReiman concerning DK's sales, as he was encouraging replies on that subject. I didn't exactly expect the ****storm that ensued.

Hard to say. While I'm reasonably confident that his design choices for K. Rool will certainly please fans (see: Pac-Man), I'm not too sure if he'll talk to Retro studios about it.

Anything goes with Sakurai... who knows what passes through his mad genius' mind. This **** is bananas. :dk:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Roy and Ryu just had videos leaked.

They are coming very soon.

Who knows? Maybe more DLC than we thought.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It is rather surprising that Lucas, Roy and Ryu came in such a quick succession.

I'd say that there is a chance of more pre-ballot DLC (:wolf:, for example)

T-Hell

Smash Lord
The fact that Ryu and Roy are gonna be in and K.Rool, Isaac and some more not, make me sick. Maybe they end up getting in thanks to the ballot, but knowing Sakurai, maybe we'll get Kazuya from Tekken and Dr. Samus or something -.-

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
In terms of likelihood for costumes, I think Kaptain > None > Kaptain and Baron > Kaptain, Baron, and more
I have such a hard time seeing Kaptain not being an alternate outfit for K. Rool. Having a secondary outfit would be a huge appeal to the character. We've seen how much such dramatically different changes in appearances for characters can impact a character's entire popularity very dramatically in Smash 4 (ignoring alternate characters for the sake of the discussion).

Wario's Overalls and Biker outfits, Lucas' Claus coloring, Wii Fit Trainer and Robin in both sexes, all the various Villagers of both sexes, Wireframe and Hooded Little Mac, all the crazy Mii Fighter outfits in both sexes, etc.
I'm pretty sure the intent was for it to be like a Kappa Face; the reasoning so way too absurd to be for real. :p
Smash World Forums needs Kappa and PeoplesChamp emote already.

This is "PeoplesChamp" on Twitch btw.
The reason I brought it up is that it's prominent Smasher and commentator Scar, who also happens to work at Twitch.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The fact that Ryu and Roy are gonna be in and K.Rool, Isaac and some more not, make me sick. Maybe they end up getting in thanks to the ballot, but knowing Sakurai, maybe we'll get Kazuya from Tekken and Dr. Samus or something -.-

Dude...

It's not over yet...

This is a happy time.

Take that attitude somewhere else.

This means amazing things for K.Rool.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
So do you guys believe since both Roy and Ryu will more than likely be shown on Sunday that we may get more info on future DLC characters (maybe :wolf: or a certain crocodile king) as well or those two and Lucas are all that will be mentioned? Also, when do you guys think they will be available?

Steelia

Smash Champion
So do you guys believe since both Roy and Ryu will more than likely be shown on Sunday that we may get more info on future DLC characters (maybe :wolf: or a certain crocodile king) as well or those two and Lucas are all that will be mentioned? Also, when do you guys think they will be available?
If Roy and Ryu are revealed this Sunday, and Smash shows up sometime during the Nintendo conference... then yeah, expecting to see some pretty big things there. Fingers crossed for K. Rool :)

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
At this point, if K. Rool doesn't get it, I swear I'll throw my Wii U out of my window!!

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
If Roy and Ryu are revealed this Sunday, and Smash shows up sometime during the Nintendo conference... then yeah, expecting to see some pretty big things there. Fingers crossed for K. Rool :)
big things? Ridley confirmed :D
Ok i will stop it.
Well if Roy is in i think DK Fans should get Dixie and K Rool!

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Don't get too down, guys. Keep in mind;

-The ballot isn't over. These characters clearly aren't for that; you don't announce a race winner before the race is run, after all.
-They would've been popular characters in the ballot. Guess what? That means them getting in leaves less competition for the King. Especially the veterans, who are popular for being veterans.

It's not K. Rool's time to shine, not just yet. September is a long way away.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So guys, uhhh...

And to be perfectly clear...
K. Rool wears Gold better on his head than either of them. :grin:

Edit: Why am I the only one using the spoiler tag=???

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why do people think Ryu and Roy are in because of the ballot? The ballot was announced a few weeks before they were leaked. DLC isn't that easy to make
They were probably started on sometime in 2013 or 2014 and scrapped or something like that (well at least Ryu).

Also, with Ryu confirmed as a newcomer, there are still no newcomers in Smash 4 who debuted in the 90's (Ryu debuted in 1987). King K. Rool would be the first Smash 4 newcomer confirmed to debut in the 1990's.

Meanwhile, there are Smash 4 newcomers that debuted in the 2010's (Lucina, Robin, Dark Pit, Greninja, Shulk, technically the Mii Fighters), 2000's (Villager, Bowser Jr., Wii Fit Trainer, the actual Miis) and 1980's (Little Mac, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, Mega Man, Palutena).

There's also obviously a lack of true heavyweights.

The fact that King K. Rool could buck that trend and bring in retro gaming concepts like Ryu does with Street Fighter II Turbo (all his costumes, his stage, and even his moveset is based on/from that game), then there's no reason King K. Rool can't do the same.

King K. Rool may not be as iconic as Ryu, but Donkey Kong Country certainly is up there in popularity with Street Fighter II as one of the premiere series/games of the mid-early 90's, and he was a huge part of that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom