• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Only characters that have a relationship with Nintendo getting in is a cause for celebration. It seems that too many game developers want their character in without having any games on a Nintendo console and they just want the advertising space.

The Adventure Quest Developers want Atrix in Smash Brothers:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...venture-quest-want-artix-in-super-smash-bros/

Team Meat wants Super Meat Boy in Smash Brothers:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...e-amazing-if-super-meat-boy-joins-smash-bros/

Don't get me wrong, there are some great choices for characters, but certainly not everyone.
now this is getting ridicouls atleast quote and shantae made since.These two have never done anything nintendo related ever

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I know, I was being ironic. ;P
Oh, ok.

Wintropy, in a sense, Zombie Saurian is correct, but in what I see differently. It is likely that the character with the most votes will be looked at first and experimented with.

The highest voted characters may not get in particularly over others, but they will likely be looked at and considered first.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Oh, ok.

Wintropy, in a sense, Zombie Saurian is correct, but in what I see differently. It is likely that the character with the most votes will be looked at first and experimented with.

The highest voted characters may not get in particularly over others, but they will likely be looked at and considered first.
I'm aware of that. And I'm not contesting that point.

What I am contesting is the notion that there are absolute and infallible "slots" that cannot be altered or tampered with, and that it's necessary that speculation should become a political vote-by-numbers scenario.

If we're going purely by numbers, Sakurai may as well just drop the ballot now and say, "GG, guys, Daisy's your new DLC character".

Or are we going to arbitrate why Daisy isn't an adequate choice, in spite of her currently topping a certain opinion poll?

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
We can't operate under the assumption that there are an unlimited number of empty "slots" available; what I mean by that is resources are finite, and they're going to have to stop making characters at some point. The sad reality is that not every character is going to make it in. Whether you want to admit it or not, this is a competition. Obviously if somebody like Goku or Shrek wins the poll, it won't count. But numbers are still important, and to pretend otherwise because you don't want to hurt anybody's feelings is a ridiculous notion. K. Rool is in a healthy position because he has the votes AND the rationale. If K. Rool doesn't get in, somebody else will. I don't know what your definition of competition is, but it sounds to me like the characters are competing for limited space.

In an ideal world, we could all hold hands and sing Kumbaya around the campfire, but that's not how this works. I don't think anybody should be dissuaded from voting for their favorite character because it's not as popular as the other choices, but keeping your vote in the realm of possibility is probably a good idea. Voting for a character like Marge Simpson or Alex Trebek doesn't exempt you from criticism. Thankfully, SmashBoards has kept the joke suggestions to a minimum. It's nothing personal, it's just business.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Even if they're only planning, say, four, if a character shows up that they really, really like and think would work, who's to say they're not going to run with it?
This sentence right here.
Yes, they could potentially not run with a character because even if that character is a prime candidate for being a a playable fighter for Smash. There could be a lot of good choices (to give a number for argument's sake, let's say there's 16 good choices), but they won't make 16 DLC characters, even if they're all good choices. They're only going to make a small number, which means some characters, even if they're good choices, will be left out due to time/money constraints.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm aware of that. And I'm not contesting that point.

What I am contesting is the notion that there are absolute and infallible "slots" that cannot be altered or tampered with, and that it's necessary that speculation should become a political vote-by-numbers scenario.

If we're going purely by numbers, Sakurai may as well just drop the ballot now and say, "GG, guys, Daisy's your new DLC character".

Or are we going to arbitrate why Daisy isn't an adequate choice, in spite of her currently topping a certain opinion poll?
Fair. My statement was what I speculated Zombie meant. Just guessing though.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace

Why would anybody vote for K Rool he's literally just a ****ty Bowser copy

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Since the last direct, I haven't been able to keep up with what all of the cool people are talking about due to a lack of Internet (poverty. . . ). With that being said, anyone who knows of me knows that King K. Rool is of course my priority vote. I have a good feeling about our position, and am looking forward to the Kings return! First SSB, then in Retro's eventual third DKC game, and then maybe the world?

Edit: With K. Rools inclusion, that would also complete my personal three most requested characters for this current SSB title (being K. Rool, Shulk and Mewtwo).

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
This is very clearly a competition. Yes, we don't know how many slots there will be, but there certainly won't be a lot. If we were to get 6 DLC spots, which is about what most people expect, with 3 of them going to the ballot, obviously characters are going to compete for those spots. Yes, it isn't a straight popularity contest, as they can't allow someone like Goku to win. But you are foolish to think that if K. Rool gets more votes than Wonder Red, they will both be given an equal amount of consideration as a character.

Don't be an ass to the other communities for sure, but this IS a competitoin. That's the reason why I vote for no one other than K. Rool, because I don't want to help the competition. Be civil to each other, but realize that there are only so many spots available, and there are DEFINITELY more contenders than there are spots to fill.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
This sentence right here.
Yes, they could potentially not run with a character because even if that character is a prime candidate for being a a playable fighter for Smash. There could be a lot of good choices (to give a number for argument's sake, let's say there's 16 good choices), but they won't make 16 DLC characters, even if they're all good choices. They're only going to make a small number, which means some characters, even if they're good choices, will be left out due to time/money constraints.
Of course. I'm just using that as a hypothetical example to demonstrate that, contrary to popular opinion, slots are not a thing.

And let's not forget: feedback received may be used in future titles. Even if they don't exactly fit into this game's schematics, there's always next game.

I'm dropping this argument, either way. It's going around in circles now, and I can tell nobody's going to be convinced either way, so believe what you will and let's just agree to disagree.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I personally try not to chastise people for character choices because everyone has preferences and opinions should be respected. However you can still respect an opinion and disagree with it it's all about how you go about it.

There are some characters who are more deserving of being on the Smash roster due to certain criteria. While Shovel Knight and such is cool he offers little significance to Nintendos history overall.

King K. Rool on the other hand is long overdue.

He represents not only the rebirth of the Donkey Kong franchise but of Rares legacy with Nintendo leaving him sort of like a footprint on the franchise they helped shape. He represents one of the great bosses of 90s platformers he was interesting back then and is still interesting today. He's more deserving than many characters in my opinion but I don't hate the people who don't see it that way. My opinion is going to clash with others of course. Maybe because I'm older I appreciate him more after all I was 8 when DKC came out and can clearly remember the fun I had playing it and my reaction when I first saw K.Rool. Those memories make me appreciate him a lot more than say someone who is too young to have even played DKC. It's all a matter of opinion, and in my opinion K.Rool is far more deserving than most of the characters in the poll.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Of course. I'm just using that as a hypothetical example to demonstrate that, contrary to popular opinion, slots are not a thing.

And let's not forget: feedback received may be used in future titles. Even if they don't exactly fit into this game's schematics, there's always next game.
I understand. I feel like some people are confused on what slots mean. For me, I'm just talking about the limited number of characters we will get. Because, obviously, we can't have an unlimited number of characters in Smash Bros. Sakurai does, though, consider anyone and everyone he sees as a potential character.

Of course, why he's been ignoring K. Rool and Donkey Kong in general is beyond me.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
In other news... King K. Rool is one of ZeRo's choices for the Smash Ballot. It's nice to receive an endorsement from somebody within the competitive scene. It's also worth noting that K. Rool and Krystal are the only first party characters on this list. :grin:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Did my K. Rool deed of the day. Went to best buy with two friends, put 4 votes in on the 4 comps they had there. Going to try my hardest to squeeze a vote in on any public device I come across, even did one at the front office of my neighborhood yesterday. I've wanted him in Smash since I was a kid in melee and am determined to help him get his best chances now that we have a say : )

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
In other news... King K. Rool is one of ZeRo's choices for the Smash Ballot. It's nice to receive an endorsement from somebody within the competitive scene. It's also worth noting that K. Rool and Krystal are the only first party characters on this list. :grin:

So that makes him his firstpicked first party newcomer :p Sweet

StormC

Smash Hero
Of course, why he's been ignoring K. Rool and Donkey Kong in general is beyond me.
I think Donkey Kong is just not a franchise on Sakurai's radar. I would say a big part of that is because the buyout years are still having an effect on the series to this day; in particular, I would say because of the buyout years and the smear campaign against Rare games that plagued the 00s, during a time at which the internet was growing and blossoming, the series lost a generation of fans that could otherwise have gotten into it along with the standard Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and Kirby.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
It sure would be nice to have someone SUPER HIGH UP or FAMOUS...put King K. RoOl into everyone's minds, the way that Phil Spencer did Banjo...:dizzy:

To make our push BIGGER anyway..

Last edited:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
You guys seriously need to go to Playtonic's fb page and message them about K. Rool.

They posted about Banjo for Smash just this morning. I did my part and asked them to. If enough of us give it a shot I'm sure they will, and that will give us a boost.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
You guys seriously need to go to Playtonic's fb page and message them about K. Rool.

They posted about Banjo for Smash just this morning. I did my part and asked them to. If enough of us give it a shot I'm sure they will, and that will give us a boost.
Did that...they haven't said anything back. I asked them if they could throw up a similar thing for K. RoOl like they did for Banjo. I said much more than that, but that was the general idea.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Did that...they haven't said anything back. I asked them if they could throw up a similar thing for K. RoOl like they did for Banjo. I said much more than that, but that was the general idea.
They haven't responded to mine yet either. I don't think they've checked their messages today yet.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I swear if Young Link gets announced next...than this must have been a real picture taken...either that or a DAMN GOOD guess... They got Lucas right...and this was before Lucas was revealed to be coming.

DLC LEAK.jpg

At least I think that 2nd shadow is Young Link..but God I hope not..

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I swear if Young Link gets announced next...than this must have been a real picture taken...either that or a DAMN GOOD guess... They got Lucas right...and this was before Lucas was revealed to be coming.

View attachment 46433

Come on that's just luck.
The renders aren't correct.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

View attachment 46433

If this is real, am hoping for at least some changes in Young Link's moveset... Also, I'd be mad that Impa wasn't chosen first.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Shout-outs to us on there! Good to hear about the Japanese campaign to get him in as well.
I would really like to see this Japanese campaign that was made to get our King in. I keep hearing about it, but I can't seem to find anything concrete..

Any translators among us Kutthroats that can try and check that out?

@ Diddy Kong Diddy Kong Well luckily for us, I don't think its real. (phew)

Last edited:

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Man I ****ing hate Pat for talking **** about King K. Rool, Pat such a grouchy asshole.

Look at this f**king cuck.

Top Bottom