• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I really think Krool should be in, once Wolf is in, I'll give support to Krool, also wouldn't it be cool if he had smash taunts where he sings portions of songs from the show, like
One of us: Against DK only
No one's gonna make a monkey out of me
This is my finest hour
Become a bad guy (his portion of the song is perfect)

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I really think Krool should be in, once Wolf is in, I'll give support to Krool, also wouldn't it be cool if he had smash taunts where he sings portions of songs from the show, like
One of us: Against DK only
No one's gonna make a monkey out of me
This is my finest hour
Become a bad guy (his portion of the song is perfect)
"I'm so pleased, I'm such a SLEEZE!"

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Guys, I know I might be sounding a little too confident here but I think we've got this. K. Rool is defintley the next big thing with maybe only Dixie and Wolf competing with him. As expected, people are still mentioning stupid requests on the smash ballot as I saw on facebook, asking for characters like Goku, Shrek, and Jimmy Neutron. And as much as I would love to see Banjo-Kazooie, Waluigi, and Ridley playable, I'm not going to keep trying to get something in that I already know for sure has no chance of happening. As many have said, this is K. Rool's finest hour!

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I have to say our crocodilian King has the most spritited and devoted fanbase i've seen out of any character. With the sheer number of passionate responces and arguments i've seen for this character i have no doubt that he has an excellent chance of making it in as DLC via this ballot. Keep it up, Kutthroat komrades

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I feel like this is our time. We just need to keep our kool and get along with the other groups though, including the Dixie Kong group.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So I voted for Roy first, and soon I'll be responding with K.Rool on the Wii U, then Rayman on my iPad Mini.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Guys, I know I might be sounding a little too confident here but I think we've got this. K. Rool is defintley the next big thing with maybe only Dixie and Wolf competing with him. As expected, people are still mentioning stupid requests on the smash ballot as I saw on facebook, asking for characters like Goku, Shrek, and Jimmy Neutron. And as much as I would love to see Banjo-Kazooie, Waluigi, and Ridley playable, I'm not going to keep trying to get something in that I already know for sure has no chance of happening. As many have said, this is K. Rool's finest hour!
The thing is, when it comes to K. Rool popularity is king. Its not hard to find support for K. Rool, and of all the choices, K. Rool is undoubtedly the biggest Nintendo name yet to be playable in the game. Dixie is arguably on par with Rool, but objectively, K. Rool is definitely the bigger one in the DK franchise. Dixie's only advantage is recency, which is clearly not a factor here; this is all about popularity. (And I think there's a good reason K. Rool is more popular; he's also more important to both DKC and Nintendo in general).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The thing is, when it comes to K. Rool popularity is king. Its not hard to find support for K. Rool, and of all the choices, K. Rool is undoubtedly the biggest Nintendo name yet to be playable in the game. Dixie is arguably on par with Rool, but objectively, K. Rool is definitely the bigger one in the DK franchise. Dixie's only advantage is recency, which is clearly not a factor here; this is all about popularity. (And I think there's a good reason K. Rool is more popular; he's also more important to both DKC and Nintendo in general).
I'd like to also point out the timing with the DKC games (including DK64) coming to the VC again just within the past month takes away alot of that "recency" garbage because he'll be on people's minds, and people can't throw the "he's not in anything" or "he's owned by Rare" arguments at people, as if they ever could.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Given K Rool a vote. Will give him another couple on other devices as well.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Well you may be very right or very wrong.

1. The people asking for characters like Waluigi and Dark Samus are asking to be dissapointed due to them already being Assist Trophies.

2. Then there are requests like Snake and Isaac that also have big followings. I am not sure if these Snake supporters have been paying attention to whats happened to Hideo Kojima lately, but lets just say I am pretty confident that Snake will never be back. Hideo begged Sakurai to get him in and now has no say so in the matter anyway. Sorry...Snake..just a 1 night Brawl. As for Isaac. Do I really need to explain why we DONT NEED another Anime-looking sword fighter in this game. (Just add him in the game straight from Brawl as the same Assist Trophy he was.)

3.Then there are the Goku and Shrek people. They will be ignored so hard by Nintendo, I dont think we have to worry to much about that.

Lastly, I am all for Veterans coming back. I loved seeing Lucas return, but to be honest, that is just lazy. We need to MAKE Sakurai go after a Newcomer. King K Rool AND Dixie fit this mold perfectly.

King K. Rool : Villain, Heavy-weight, DK character. << WE NEED MORE OF EACH OF THESE

Dixie : Female, possibly Floaty-glide mixture, DK character << She fits the mold nicely as well.

To all my fellow Kutthroats out there AND my Dixie pals, we have to team up as DK fans. So all Dixie supporters (me included), why not join up with the Kutthroats? Lets pull for AT LEAST 1 character from the DK franchise. If we get 1 in there then I am sure we will all be satisfied. I hope and pray that our great King K makes his fabulous way into the fray, but if we have to settle for one then lets do just that. Let us team up and SMASH all opposing character requests. The Snake, Isaac, 3rd-party, and more Veteran groups are just as much of a threat as us fighting each other..so lets join together and WIN THIS !!! (Ex: If your a King K first supporter then vote for him 1st THEN toss a vote in for Dixie and vice versa)

WE WANT THE KING.....AND DIXIE TOO :D!!! If we stand together we will win the day through!!

:)

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
K. Rool and Dixie + Gangplank Galleon stage for Smash 4 DLC pack.

The stuff of dreams.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well you may be very right or very wrong.

1. The people asking for characters like Waluigi and Dark Samus are asking to be dissapointed due to them already being Assist Trophies.

2. Then there are requests like Snake and Isaac that also have big followings. I am not sure if these Snake supporters have been paying attention to whats happened to Hideo Kojima lately, but lets just say I am pretty confident that Snake will never be back. Hideo begged Sakurai to get him in and now has no say so in the matter anyway. Sorry...Snake..just a 1 night Brawl. As for Isaac. Do I really need to explain why we DONT NEED another Anime-looking sword fighter in this game. (Just add him in the game straight from Brawl as the same Assist Trophy he was.)

3.Then there are the Goku and Shrek people. They will be ignored so hard by Nintendo, I dont think we have to worry to much about that.

Lastly, I am all for Veterans coming back. I loved seeing Lucas return, but to be honest, that is just lazy. We need to MAKE Sakurai go after a Newcomer. King K Rool AND Dixie fit this mold perfectly.

King K. Rool : Villain, Heavy-weight, DK character. << WE NEED MORE OF EACH OF THESE

Dixie : Female, possibly Floaty-glide mixture, DK character << She fits the mold nicely as well.

To all my fellow Kutthroats out there AND my Dixie pals, we have to team up as DK fans. So all Dixie supporters (me included), why not join up with the Kutthroats? Lets pull for AT LEAST 1 character from the DK franchise. If we get 1 in there then I am sure we will all be satisfied. I hope and pray that our great King K makes his fabulous way into the fray, but if we have to settle for one then lets do just that. Let us team up and SMASH all opposing character requests. The Snake, Isaac, 3rd-party, and more Veteran groups are just as much of a threat as us fighting each other..so lets join together and WIN THIS !!! (Ex: If your a King K first supporter then vote for him 1st THEN toss a vote in for Dixie and vice versa)

WE WANT THE KING.....AND DIXIE TOO :D!!! If we stand together we will win the day through!!

:)
But I want Isaac and K.Rool.... :(

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
But I want Isaac and K.Rool.... :(
Yea I feel ya lots of people do. I wanted Ridley Mewtwo and King K...but after Ridley got straight up decomfirmed, and now knowing that we might get to have 2 of those 3. My cards are all in on the King.

Isaac and Snake and even Wolf are very likely tho! I would be lying if I said they had no chance...well besides Snake...i dont see that happening now...poor Hideo Kojima

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I believe that the King will Rool.

It's going to happen, guys. We can make it happen. I believe in us, but we have to work for it.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm straight up discounting Snake, Ridley, and most third party characters as possible. I'm also iffy on characters that are currently ATs or something better than a trophy (because obviously Mewtwo and Lucas have those, but here we are.)

(I didn't mean Ridley was a third party character here, more that Sakurai straight up said "I tried, I'm sorry, but I couldn't get him to work how I felt comfortable with. Here have a stock icon."

I mean, it could happen, but we'll see.)

The nice thing is, the votes are going to be so widespread; if we centralize our efforts, and try to pull in votes for people who honestly don't care or wouldn't even vote, we could reach pretty good numbers. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Vote for the green dude! Vote. . .K. Rool!

(when the video's done processing, that is)

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Vote for the green dude! Vote. . .K. Rool!
I can't vote for a black screen, BKups!

...I mean I could, but that's not K. Rool.

:dk:

Edit: Aaaaaaay, there it be.

:yeahboi:

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I wrote down this for my K.Rool response:
King K. Rool would be an amazing DLC candidate as Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U DLC, as he is the main antagonist in the Donkey Kong Country franchise, and is one of the few bad-guys left to add to the roster, and a versatile villain as well.
He has enormous amounts of potential in his various personas, from his Blunderbuss from Donkey Kong Country 2 to the electric traps in Donkey Kong Country 3. Cunning and intimidating, K. Rool would be an excellent character to represent the Donkey Kong series, especially in consideration of how little content it got in this game.

With my Roy and K.Rool responses out of the way on my MacBook Air and Wii U respectively, I'll also vote for Rayman, Isaac and Sylux, as I said I would on Miiverse. (Yes, I added Isaac later and Sylux now, since I decided to put my name down on @LIQUID12A's thread to see Sylux in Smash, and yes I would list down more responses, but these are my initial 5 responses)

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
I see people supporting all sorts of characters, but deep down I feel sorry for some of them because their chances are just too slim. But the King? He has a legitimate chance. I really think he will win! (or at least, be a very strong contender.)

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Where is this website I can vote at? I came back to these boards after a small hiatus because this is our chance to get King K. Rool in Smash! He has some competition for sure. But his chances are really really good!

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
So uh, how are Shovel Knight's chances? Right now he's the only character scaring me that might give Rool a run for his money. In the end I'm confident Rool will be King but I'm just...it's a nail biter for sure and we got til October damnit! !

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Where is this website I can vote at? I came back to these boards after a small hiatus because this is our chance to get King K. Rool in Smash! He has some competition for sure. But his chances are really really good!
It's the ballot on the official Smash Bros. site.

@ Zombie Saurian Zombie Saurian Frankly I'm not worried about Shovel Knight or any third party character. Who knows, I might be wrong.

The only character I'm remotely concerned about at the moment is Isaac.

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord

@ Zombie Saurian Zombie Saurian Frankly I'm not worried about Shovel Knight or any third party character. Who knows, I might be wrong.

Thanks I'll get right on it then! I too am worried about Issac but I'm also worried about Wolf fans and other clone character possibilities. If King K. Rool were to lose. I'd atleast want it to be to a new character who has never been in Smash before. We can't forget The Zelda series has A LOT of good candidates.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I doubt they'll pick a veteran, that almost kind of defeats the poll's purpose...but then again its kind of ambiguous on who actually has a chance...

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm seriously torn apart between Wolf, one of my favorite video game characters, my second main next to Wario in Brawl, and a beloved veteran and THE King K. Rool, both great villains with good chances. I just can't decide so i'll do Shrek both!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Concerned about...?

Concerned who could give K. Rool a challenge, or concerned for his chances?

I'd say Isaac's chances are good. Considering the poll, I don't think we're getting only one character. Due to the timing, they'll probably work on 1-2 characters during this time and potentially more even later. So I'd say odds are good we could get at least 3 characters in addition to Wolf. K. Rool is most likely going to be the top contender. Isaac is a bit more iffy but I think odds are decent for him.

Secondary characters, though, are more questionable. What I mean is, franchises like Star Fox and Donkey Kong would be mostly voting for one character. Wolf for Star Fox (until he inevitably gets in), and King K. Rool for Donkey Kong. Dixie Kong's chances drop significantly because of this. Yes, many would vote for Dixie first instead of Rool, but I'd argue most people consider K. Rool to be the bigger deal since he was the main antagonist for years and predates Dixie. Dixie was playable in DKC2/3 and DKL2/3, but was absent for a good 6 years after that and seriously overlooked, and once she did come back she was mostly just a cameo character in spinoffs while K. Rool continued to be the main antagonist in two spinoff games as well.

K. Rool definitely has a significant edge over Dixie.

Isaac I am a little worried about, but I'm decently confident in him. Inklings I think will get a decent number of votes and could be a contender for a third DLC character, but I do feel that Isaac and K. Rool will top the polls.

I don't think any third-parties will get nearly as many votes as some people think. You'd need a huge following for Nintendo to get the license for them anyway. And Wolf is the only real contender for veterans.

I doubt they'll pick a veteran, that almost kind of defeats the poll's purpose...but then again its kind of ambiguous on who actually has a chance...
The only veteran with a real chance is Wolf... and honestly, he's probably not a contender for the poll anyway, they'll probably just outright announce him at E3 alongside Star Fox. Ice Climbers would be if they'd consider new 3DS-specific characters.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I do believe King K Rool is a shoe-in this time:

- Wolf is probably coming back regardless of the votes, so I'm not counting him since he'll be back.

- Snake and the other cut veterans (besides maybe Ice Climbers) probably aren't coming back.

- Goku or other TV characters have no chance of being taken seriously.

- Characters already in the game as bosses or assist trophies (Ridley, Dark Samus, Midna, Waluigi) are also likely not going to become characters. This pains me as a Ridley fan but its Sakurai.

The only competition for King K. Rool is oddly enough Dixie Kong, who is either being worked on already regardless of votes or might be chosen over him. I'd love to have both, but I think DK getting two newcomers is too much to ask for.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
I just hope that the fans will vote for a true N-character, not a troll character or an unneeded one like Roy, Pichu, Chrom.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I do believe King K Rool is a shoe-in this time:

- Wolf is probably coming back regardless of the votes, so I'm not counting him since he'll be back.

- Snake and the other cut veterans (besides maybe Ice Climbers) probably aren't coming back.

- Goku or other TV characters have no chance of being taken seriously.

- Characters already in the game as bosses or assist trophies (Ridley, Dark Samus, Midna, Waluigi) are also likely not going to become characters. This pains me as a Ridley fan but its Sakurai.

The only competition for King K. Rool is oddly enough Dixie Kong, who is either being worked on already regardless of votes or might be chosen over him. I'd love to have both, but I think DK getting two newcomers is too much to ask for.
Dixie is NOT K. Rool's competition, at all. There are way more Rool supporters.

And the only flaw in your above statement is that Snake does have a chance to come back. That's what the ballot is for. And with Snake being one of the most popular, being just above the King himself at number 5 and Just behind Wolf at 3, in both Japan and America means his chances are looking better than they were before thanks to the ballot.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Dixie is NOT K. Rool's competition, at all. There are way more Rool supporters.

And the only flaw in your above statement is that Snake does have a chance to come back. That's what the ballot is for. And with Snake being one of the most popular, being just above the King himself at number 5 and Just behind Wolf at 3, in both Japan and America means his chances are looking better than they were before thanks to the ballot.
I'm sorry but this is for requesting characters. That doesn't mean if you request a third-party character there's any guarantee they would get in. Snake's odds are extremely low precisely because the one person who enabled him to get in Brawl in the first place is practically getting kicked out of Konami.

I do agree that Dixie isn't THAT much of a competition for K. Rool, though.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I don't think any third party characters have a chance of making it through that vote. I really think people voting for Snake, Rayman, Shantae, Shovel Knight, or even Bayonetta are largely wasting their vote.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Concerned about...?

Concerned who could give K. Rool a challenge, or concerned for his chances?

I'd say Isaac's chances are good. Considering the poll, I don't think we're getting only one character. Due to the timing, they'll probably work on 1-2 characters during this time and potentially more even later. So I'd say odds are good we could get at least 3 characters in addition to Wolf. K. Rool is most likely going to be the top contender. Isaac is a bit more iffy but I think odds are decent for him.

Secondary characters, though, are more questionable. What I mean is, franchises like Star Fox and Donkey Kong would be mostly voting for one character. Wolf for Star Fox (until he inevitably gets in), and King K. Rool for Donkey Kong. Dixie Kong's chances drop significantly because of this. Yes, many would vote for Dixie first instead of Rool, but I'd argue most people consider K. Rool to be the bigger deal since he was the main antagonist for years and predates Dixie. Dixie was playable in DKC2/3 and DKL2/3, but was absent for a good 6 years after that and seriously overlooked, and once she did come back she was mostly just a cameo character in spinoffs while K. Rool continued to be the main antagonist in two spinoff games as well.

K. Rool definitely has a significant edge over Dixie.

Isaac I am a little worried about, but I'm decently confident in him. Inklings I think will get a decent number of votes and could be a contender for a third DLC character, but I do feel that Isaac and K. Rool will top the polls.

I don't think any third-parties will get nearly as many votes as some people think. You'd need a huge following for Nintendo to get the license for them anyway. And Wolf is the only real contender for veterans.

The only veteran with a real chance is Wolf... and honestly, he's probably not a contender for the poll anyway, they'll probably just outright announce him at E3 alongside Star Fox. Ice Climbers would be if they'd consider new 3DS-specific characters.
Oh, I meant concerned as a challenger to K. Rool. I feel like so many other votes are going to either be too scattered, or completely thrown away (Kotaku's "let's get Goku" brigade...) but I feel like Isaac's fan base is likely to rally like K. Rool's.

While I think the King's chances are good, we gotta keep on our toes and all that.

I agree 100% about Wolf, and could even see Roy making a comeback as a bonus. Although...that'd make two Roys...so I guess not?

We can do this you guys! For the King! Spread the word! Get everyone to put in a good word!

cybersai

Smash Ace
I think the return of cut veterans like Lucas and Wolf are exempt from this voting. I get the feeling Lucas and Wolf were already being worked on and planned for the game from the start but they ran out of time to complete them so they left them on the side for a while.

Dixie or King K. Rool are my two most wanted characters besides Ridley (and we know he's not getting in), so either one of them would be fine by me. Voted for K. Rool though just to be safe.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, it sort of defeats the purpose of the poll to vote for a veteran. Sakurai already knows people want those back. He's already stated he hates cutting anyone because there's always fans you disappoint.

This is why I'm confident we'll get Wolf at E3 or something.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh, I meant concerned as a challenger to K. Rool. I feel like so many other votes are going to either be too scattered, or completely thrown away (Kotaku's "let's get Goku" brigade...) but I feel like Isaac's fan base is likely to rally like K. Rool's.

While I think the King's chances are good, we gotta keep on our toes and all that.

I agree 100% about Wolf, and could even see Roy making a comeback as a bonus. Although...that'd make two Roys...so I guess not?

We can do this you guys! For the King! Spread the word! Get everyone to put in a good word!
See, the thing is, I don't think it matters if Isaac maintains it steady with K. Rool. There'd need to be several characters to compete with K. Rool to be a problem, because odds are this poll isn't going to result in JUST one DLC character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We can finally do it, Kutthroats!

I'm darn sure that this poll is a guaranteed ticket to see the Kremling King playable.

:231:

Last edited:
Top Bottom