• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I can understand wanting him replaced.

But hating the man over stuff like this is downright mental. Lighten up.
For messing up certain aspects of a game and coming across as arrogant?
It's not exactly unheard of for fans to hate people that do that sort of thing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He's telling you to hate the sin but not the sinner, in other words.

:231:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For messing up certain aspects of a game and coming across as arrogant?
It's not exactly unheard of for fans to hate people that do that sort of thing.
Not unheard of.

But still stupid and morally questionable.

You're better than this.

Don't hate a man for something as insignificant as this.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not unheard of.

You're better than this.

We don't exactly hate him, but think he should be replaced. Not just because of his BS, but I think he doesn't need to work anymore and have a nice retirement, he created 2 of my favourite franchises, and he nearly works himself to death

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Not unheard of.

You're better than this.

"Humans are truly disgusting creatures." - Rem

We're all flawed and one of my flaws is when someone makes me have a sheer amount of disrespect for them because I'm one to hold grudges despite knowing better.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We don't exactly hate him, but think he should be replaced. Not just because of his BS, but I think he doesn't need to work anymore and have a nice retirement, he created 2 of my favourite franchises, and he nearly works himself to death
I wasn't talking about any of that.

I was talking about "hating" the guy.

Wanting him replaced and finding some things BS =/= Hate

"Humans are truly disgusting creatures." - Rem

We're all flawed and one of my flaws is when someone makes me have a sheer amount of disrespect for them because I'm one to hold grudges despite knowing better.
Then work to remove that flaw.

Saying it's your flaw doesn't exactly make it any better or productive.

It's not some magical excuse.

I mean @ BKupa666 BKupa666 finds more BS and arrogance in almost everything (to which I am inpressed by how analytical and valid those findings are), but I don't think he hates anyone.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Then work to remove that flaw.

Saying it's your flaw doesn't exactly make it any better or productive.

It's not some magical excuse.
Which requires me to completely change who I am.
Yeah I don't think I'll be losing my identity any time soon.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't want Sakurai replaced, because he genuinely loves the Smash series. I don't think there's anyone else out there that would give as much of themselves to the game as Sakurai had.

I do think he needs a co-director or something though to keep his bias in check.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't want Sakurai replaced, because he genuinely loves the Smash series. I don't think there's anyone else out there that would give as much of themselves to the game as Sakurai had.

I do think he needs a co-director or something though to keep his bias in check.
Kojima and Sakurai.

Palutena help us.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Problem is that the games are literally killing him; he's so focused on making them he forgoes his own health.

So the 4th game will probably be his swan song, anyways, regardless of anything.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
No, I'd rather not have any bias in Smash, personally. If anyone was to take over the helm of Smash development, I would think it'd be either Miyamoto or one of the other big names.

Though a Reggie-made Smash game would probably fly off the shelves due to fan reaction alone. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
No, I'd rather not have any bias in Smash, personally. If anyone was to take over the helm of Smash development, I would think it'd be either Miyamoto or one of the other big names.

Though a Reggie-made Smash game would probably fly off the shelves due to fan reaction alone. :p
Miyamoto is who got rid of the Kremlings tho

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I agree that Donkey Kong content is a lacking, but as @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux stated, it's the first-impression the series gives that hurts it. The Mario spin-offs are quite guilty of this as well, when DK courses in Mario Kart are mostly jungles and having more characters besides DK and Diddy is rare.

Though a lot of series in Smash have this problem with Pokémon having mostly stadiums, Fire Emblem having arenas or castles, Metroid having mostly lava stages, Star Fox getting space levels with Arwings and the Great Fox and so on. Hell, even Kid Icarus mostly gets Skyworld levels. The stage selection for KI on the Wii U version is essentially Skyworld and "Skyworld meets Temple".

Though a lot of those series do get stages that stand out more: Pokémon with Spear Pillar and Unova League, Kid Icarus with Reset Bomb Forest, Donkey Kong with 75 m, Metroid with Frigate Orpheon and such.

The only series that get more variety in stages are Mario and Zelda, but even so, Mario always gets the obligatory Mushroom Kingdom stage set in green plains with ? blocks and whatnot. The 3DS selection for the Mario series is rather poor given the similarities between 3D Land, Golden Plains, Mushroomy Kingdom and even the first part of the Paper Mario stage. Throughout the Smash series, the franchise to get the most variety in stages is, without a doubt, The Legend of Zelda when every stage comes from a different game and features a different scenario. I mean, take a look:
- Hyrule Castle (recurring location of the series)
- Temple (based in dungeons overall, particularly those from Zelda II)
- Great Bay (Majora's Mask)
- Bridge of Eldin (Twilight Princess)
- Pirate Ship (Wind Waker)
- Skyloft (Skyward Sword)
- Gerudo Valley (Ocarina of Time)
- Spirit Train (Spirit Tracks)

Though I'd say this is helped by how the Zelda series features many different locations right from the beginning of the games. Hyrule itself changes a lot in each iteration of the series and several games feature different worlds altogether.

Reggie doesn't and wouldn't make games. He's not a game designer.

Anyway, there will always be some sort of series bias when it comes to Smash as long as the developer in charge has worked in one or more of the series featured in. Hell, even Bandai Namco gets a lot of love in this game with it being the only third-party company to have more than one IP in Smash (it has a crapload of them, in fact), items and more than one Smash Run enemy.

If Miyamoto were in charge, the Mario content would likely be through the roof. If Retro was in charge, Metroid Prime and DKCR+DKCTF would likely have a lot more content. If Intelligent Systems were in charge, there would be more love for the Fire Emblem series. With Sakurai, it's Kirby and Kid Icarus. This is due to two factors:
- Creators always work better with their own creations than those of other people (in the latter case, it's often necessary approval by the IP owners and directors).
- Developers have easier access to assets from their own games than those from other studios. This point is especially valid for the abundance of KIU enemies in Smash Run and KIU trophies in the 3DS version, as Sakurai himself admitted that the team had a whole load of assets from KIU that could be easily ported over, thus enabling them to add a lot of content without spending too much time and budget. I don't think Sakurai wanted to promote his own game, but just found a practical way to add more content to the game without spending resources. It's no coincidence that the 3DS version is the one to have such overabundance of KIU content, which was a 3DS game. The Wii U version hasn't got nearly as much Kid Icarus content in comparison, having the same number of stages as most series, having around the same number of trophies as small series like EarthBound and Fire Emblem, with the only thing standing out most being Smash Taunt conversations, something the Star Fox series also has.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't buy this 'it was easier for Sakurai to draw content from Kirby and KI' logic

If the director is foregoing what the fans want for what is easier for him personally then he shouldn't be the director

Sakurai created the IP, and deserves credit for that, but he's never been about giving the fans what they want. He puts in characters that no one asked for ahead of requested characters because he likes them personally, and clearly favours certain franchises.

Some people will just defend him no matter what he does because he's Sakurai, and they think because the IP is good, that it doesn't mean the director is failing to optimise it. If having clear favouritism and displeasing a large portion of the fanbase isn't worthy of criticism I don't know what is.

It's not just people whining for the sake of it. There's a reason why Tropical Freeze was universally well-received, and Smash4 is universally considered biased and lacking in what people actually asked for. The whining is because it's actually warranted by the director's actions.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't buy this 'it was easier for Sakurai to draw content from Kirby and KI' logic
Perhaps, when you get your hands on a computer and get into programming, modelling and such, maybe you'll understand.

No wonder that he said "Have you ever made a game?" when someone made a commentary on how he "would do things better" than him.

If the director is foregoing what the fans want for what is easier for him personally then he shouldn't be the director

Sakurai created the IP, and deserves credit for that, but he's never been about giving the fans what they want. He puts in characters that no one asked for ahead of requested characters because he likes them personally, and clearly favours certain franchises.

Some people will just defend him no matter what he does because he's Sakurai, and they think because the IP is good, that it doesn't mean the director is failing to optimise it. If having clear favouritism and displeasing a large portion of the fanbase isn't worthy of criticism I don't know what is.

It's not just people whining for the sake of it. There's a reason why Tropical Freeze was universally well-received, and Smash4 is universally considered biased and lacking in what people actually asked for. The whining is because it's actually warranted by the director's actions.
What "people" and "fans" are you talking about really? Yourself and the vocal minorities campaigning for Ridley and K. Rool? Wait, just because those two characters aren't in, suddenly Sakurai ignores everyone? That's insane logic.

I saw people wanting Little Mac, I saw people wanting Mega Man, I saw people wanting Palutena, I saw people wanting Lucina, I saw people wanting Rosalina, Bowser Jr. and an Animal Crossing character. Even the dog from Duck Hunt had people wanting him.

Shulk was one of the most wanted characters in Japan and his series had significant campaigning to get it out of Japan. All of the new characters except Wii Fit Trainer had fans that wanted them and even her has merit to be in Smash, considering how her series was one of the biggest sellers of the Wii.

Sakurai made Mewtwo as DLC because people wanted him to return and even pondered that more could be made as he knows fans look forward to more characters in Smash.

Seems that your logic is "I didn't get what I wanted, therefore the game didn't have what people wanted". Flawed and egocentric as ****. I'm not even bothering to argue with you past this, for it will be a waste of my time.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Sigh, are we getting into this discussion again? I'm just going to wait this out then.
I heard a mention of Wario Land: Shake it earlier. Man did that game get forgotten fast. Which is a shame, because it's actually one of the more fun games that the Wii had.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was going to write up a big long series of responses to the points raised in this thread. And then I thought, "What's the point?"

And then I realised that, even if you're speaking in an echo chamber, you've got to speak up and hope somebody hears you.

So in brief:

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , excellent points and well made. It's exceptionally easy for us to criticise Sakurai when most of us have no knowledge whatsoever of how making vidya works, or can even begin to comprehend the immense pressure he's under to make these games. He's not perfect and he makes plenty of mistakes, but ye gods, I am in awe of the man's work ethic.

@ TheAnvil TheAnvil , Palutena isn't a "secondary character from a tertiary IP". Her name's literally in the title of the series in Japan. That's like saying Zelda's a secondary character because you don't play as her or, hell, that Pit's a secondary character because his name isn't actually Kid Icarus. She's easily one of the most well-developed and interesting Nintendo heroes in recent years - I'd even go so far as to say she's one of the most interesting video game characters ever, full stop. But that's just my opinion. She's still an important character in her own series and has more than enough charm, potential, relevance and fan support to get into Smash. And while Kid Icarus as a series may be small, but it's come into its own with its recent revival and is among the most critically-acclaimed 3DS titles in the console's library, in spite of its tepid sales. Oh, and Robin isn't just included for the sake of being an Awakening character: they're included because nobody else in Smash plays even remotely like them and they represent the Tactician / Avatar element of Fire Emblem, which has existed since the very first game. That they're the player character from the game that single-handedly saved their native series is just so much peaches and cream.

@ Schnee117 Schnee117 , you really should listen to what's being said here. I've noticed your constant misanthropy elsewhere and said nothing, but really, yeah, it's kind of sad. You have no reason to hate Sakurai, or anybody for that matter, and the fact that you seem to stubbornly cling onto this notion that you do just baffles me and makes me wonder if you're even trying to heed others' advice or if you're just jilting them for your own personal reason. That's a shame, because I've known you for quite some time now, and I know you're capable of much more emotional depth than just blind, unspecified hatred. As Swampie said: you're better than that.

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO MR PRESIDENT?!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
GUYS, DKC IS FINALLY COMING TO AMERICAN VC!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I could just never get on board with hating a different franchise that got something just because my own personal wishes didn't come true. Hell, Mother got the most amazing stage ever on the 3DS, but I guess people justify it with the loss of Lucas, who by their logic, never deserved to get in Brawl in the first place since "DK is muh relevant franchise." Oh, the irony in that word choice.

Hating Sakurai is just baffling, but I imagine had Miyamoto been the one to direct Smash, people would want his head on a stick with 40% of the roster being Mario characters, which it almost is anyway, with supposed Sakurai bias.

I'd take a spoonful of extra Sakurai bias if it got Lip in the game, but that's another story.

Hell, it's a miracle we got Diddy in Brawl considering he was almost stuck in limbo with K. Rool for a time, there was no one to go to in regards to the character, Sakurai couldn't ask Retro, who hadn't taken the reigns yet, and no one else had any say on the franchise proper. At that time, he really did go out of his way to play the original DKC trilogy just so he could add Diddy, and he stood true to the character. Just look at his idle animations, his walking, crawling, his old dash attack, the fact that he uses the peanut popgun and the rocketbarrel pack from DK 64, he was even going to be in a tag team with Dixie, true to the original mechanic of DKC. We take the past for granted when we only look to the future with greed. I don't have anything left to say.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Geez, what happend here again? Well, I did not read everything of the discussion here, but I wanted to say something about the "Waht if '...' made Smash?" part.
I think if Miyamoto made Smash he would notice that there is already a lot of Mario Stuff and would (either) just give Mario not much content and(/or) he would give his newer games a little bias, in that matter, Pikmin. Yet I don't think he would make, for example, Louie and Alph new characters. But at least Alph using Rock Pikmin. *cough*
But maybe I'm completely wrong about this and he would include even more Mario characters, who knows?

(By the way, I'm still pretty sure Miyamoto did not tell the Retro Studios they souldn't use the Kremlings because he didn't wanted them, I think he said it beacuse he wanted them to show their potential in design and creating things. [What didn't work that well, apparently. {Yet, I like the Tikis pretty much, I don't know why exactly they are so much disliked. <But I like the Kremlings more, of course! »This is actually a really long 'By the way'. |God, did I really use so many brackets?|«>}])

And what if the Retro Studios made Smash? Well, since they seem to love to listen to fans, they would probably include at least one character from the Donkey Kong Franchise (Most likely our King [hopefully]) and, I'm sure, because of that, someone would say "tey maked Donkey Kong ant tere iz an Donkey Kong caracater ! BIAS !!1!".
And it could happen that they wouldn't include a lot of Donkey Kong and Metroid content, because they don't want people to think they included it only because of bias.

In my opinion, if Miyamoto and the Retro Studios made it together, it could work out perfectly. They just have to watch out for each other's bias. But, howsoever, if Sakurai had a second developer to look out for his bias, it could also work out great. (But I think Sakurai would be very hard to convince, to use or to not use certen characters.)
And I think that Bandai Namco didn't make any decisions on how the roster (or stages, or anything else) looked like in the end.

In other news, congratulation to you americans for finally getting the Donkey Kong Country Trilogy on VC.
You did it! You can feel great now!

(Since I'm german, and not the english-speaking-master, I'm sorry for every writing error I may or may not have made in this way to long turned out text, thank you!)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Come to think of it, if Miyamoto had directed Melee, we'd have surely gotten a true Ganondorf.

Then again, Miyamoto had to have given the OK for him to be a Falcon clone, so I don't even know.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, finally happened. I was about to post it but others got to it first. Seriously, NoA, what took so long? Dang... Anyway, I'll be getting these ASAP. Going to cost a decent chunk but its well worth it.

Weird, I don't see them yet.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Now if only the release of the classic trilogy coincided with an announcement of DKCR3 with the return of King K. Rool.

The internet would probably break.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As far as the previous discussion goes, some quick points. . .

--There's a world of difference between hating/disliking questionable or bad development decisions and hating a developer. As irrational as it is to put a developer on a pedestal as a "hard-working genius god" among men, it's worse to legitimately hate one as a human being. I sincerely hope no one in here does.

--@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux has a number of good points over the past few pages. Although I still see favoritism in Sakurai's choices (slapping Pit in so many prominent places in game, adding only Kirby content from his games), a lot of the ported resources only come off that way because they're from a such a tiny series (if you can call "one old game, a port, and one new game" that). No one would bat an eye if Miyamoto or Retro added in that much content from Mario/Zelda/DK/Metroid because they can justify it.

--That being said, I still don't sympathize with Sakurai and co. for the potential reasons DK got so little. It's so hard to contact an overseas company in 2012? Miyamoto was regularly corresponding with the Stamper Bros. in Europe in 1994 during DKC's production. He didn't have time to play DKC over the 15 years he's been developing Smash games? Delegate it to one of the many, many people on your team, or even just watch a few YouTube videos or read some Wiki entries. Not to mention, if he has indeed already played through to get Diddy's animations done so well, there's no excuse for the continued flanderization to "stupid monkeys in jungles."

Anyhow. . .in relation to the recent news. . .

ABOUT. BLOODY. TIME.

My reaction:

Also, DKC is muhrelevant again. Time to start labeling K. Rool a shoo-in.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Come to think of it, if Miyamoto had directed Melee, we'd have surely gotten a true Ganondorf.

Then again, Miyamoto had to have given the OK for him to be a Falcon clone, so I don't even know.
Sakurai does say that when characters are included, he consults with the series' studios for feedback, so yeah, Nintendo gave the OK for Falcon-clone Ganondorf. As it seems, 3 times already.

That's how Sheik has a Twilight Princess-esque design from Brawl onwards. He consulted with Aonuma's team to get the designs, so she would look consistent with fellow Zelda characters. Fortunately, they had considered to bring Sheik back for TP at one point in development, so they already had a design that was put to use in Smash.

Pretty sure that if Sakurai had the idea of having Ganondorf use pink sparkles, pretty flowers and rainbows, Nintendo would have objected. And for a very good reason.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
What "people" and "fans" are you talking about really? Yourself and the vocal minorities campaigning for Ridley and K. Rool? Wait, just because those two characters aren't in, suddenly Sakurai ignores everyone? That's insane logic.
Thing is, though, he's sort of a hypocrite in regards to Ridley. If Ridley's size mattered so much in Smash, then what's the excuse of Olimar, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede (all of whom are under a foot tall), Bowser, Donkey Kong (both whom are about 10-12 feet tall) or Charizard (who is 5'07 fully erect, but is the same size as Bowser and Donkey Kong, who dwarf Charizard in regular scale, in Smash) for being out of scale? Size isn't Ridley's character; his character is centred on violence and brutality, not size (and he's the smallest recurring antagonist in the Metroid franchise anyways!). Ridley and K.Rool are also both the only remaining iconic Nintendo villains not playable in any Smash game; we got Bowser, Dedede, Mewtwo and Ganon(dorf) playable, but not the other two iconic villains. 'ell, Sakurai actually inflates Ridley's proportions more often than he does stay accurate to them; Bossley in Smash 4 is gargantuan compared to even his largest canonical appearance (Metroid: Other M), and even Brawl's Bossley is oversized compared to his canon appearance (three times as tall as Samus, when he's only twice as tall as her in the actual series).

Is it's balance concerns, than make him strong, but lighter than most characters of his size range and thus easier to knock around; simlar in weight to, say, Mario instead of Bowser. Make his air game among the best, but his ground game just average; sort of like a reverse Little Mac.

And actually, the Prime Trilogy is on the VC, and Ridley appears in two of those three games. If Sakurai puts in K.Rool to promote the VC DKC games, than Ridley could be a way to promote the VC version of the Prime Trilogy Collection.
But we're getting way off topic here; while I'm sure King R.Rool would love us primates all going at each other's throats about Ridley, this is K.Rool's thread. :p

If King K.Rool is another DLC fighter, I think this entire thread would erupt into celebration.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
King K. Rool is back in the house! Now if only we could get Donkey Kong 64 in the Wii U VC (Inb4 Rare logo makes it unlikely to happen).

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
@ TheAnvil TheAnvil , Palutena isn't a "secondary character from a tertiary IP". Her name's literally in the title of the series in Japan. That's like saying Zelda's a secondary character because you don't play as her or, hell, that Pit's a secondary character because his name isn't actually Kid Icarus. She's easily one of the most well-developed and interesting Nintendo heroes in recent years - I'd even go so far as to say she's one of the most interesting video game characters ever, full stop. But that's just my opinion. She's still an important character in her own series and has more than enough charm, potential, relevance and fan support to get into Smash. And while Kid Icarus as a series may be small, but it's come into its own with its recent revival and is among the most critically-acclaimed 3DS titles in the console's library, in spite of its tepid sales. Oh, and Robin isn't just included for the sake of being an Awakening character: they're included because nobody else in Smash plays even remotely like them and they represent the Tactician / Avatar element of Fire Emblem, which has existed since the very first game. That they're the player character from the game that single-handedly saved their native series is just so much peaches and cream.
Like I previously said, you can come up with a reason to include any character. But like her or not, she's not the main protagonist of her series, nor is she the main villain. She is very much a secondary character. And considering the sheer lack of creativity her moveset has, she just wasn't worth including. She's like an amalgamation of other characters, a move here, a move there. She doesn't really have anything original about her. You've got character favorites like K. Rool (main villains of a Nintendo A-list franchise), Dixie (who starred in her own game) and here to compete with. So yeah, I stand by my earlier comment. You can be an important character and still be a secondary. The majority of characters in Smash are main protagonists or main villains. Palutena doesn't fit that.

Isaac could have played fairly similarly to Robin, he would have been from a unique IP, so yeah Robin was unnecessary too. As I previously stated, from Sakurai's wording in the interview, it was clear that someone from Awakening was going to be included just because he was a fan. DK had a revival too, and a way more successful one, you don't see any of the Tikis playable. Any character can be unique with enough creativity, so Robin wasn't included just because he was unique, he was included over another Awakening character because he was MORE unique. There's a huge difference.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Thing is, though, he's sort of a hypocrite in regards to Ridley. If Ridley's size mattered so much in Smash, then what's the excuse of Olimar, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede (all of whom are under a foot tall), Bowser, Donkey Kong (both whom are about 10-12 feet tall) or Charizard (who is 5'07 fully erect, but is the same size as Bowser and Donkey Kong, who dwarf Charizard in regular scale, in Smash) for being out of scale? Size isn't Ridley's character; his character is centred on violence and brutality, not size (and he's the smallest recurring antagonist in the Metroid franchise anyways!). Ridley and K.Rool are also both the only remaining iconic Nintendo villains not playable in any Smash game; we got Bowser, Dedede, Mewtwo and Ganon(dorf) playable, but not the other two iconic villains. 'ell, Sakurai actually inflates Ridley's proportions more often than he does stay accurate to them; Bossley in Smash 4 is gargantuan compared to even his largest canonical appearance (Metroid: Other M), and even Brawl's Bossley is oversized compared to his canon appearance (three times as tall as Samus, when he's only twice as tall as her in the actual series).

Is it's balance concerns, than make him strong, but lighter than most characters of his size range and thus easier to knock around; simlar in weight to, say, Mario instead of Bowser. Make his air game among the best, but his ground game just average; sort of like a reverse Little Mac.

And actually, the Prime Trilogy is on the VC, and Ridley appears in two of those three games. If Sakurai puts in K.Rool to promote the VC DKC games, than Ridley could be a way to promote the VC version of the Prime Trilogy Collection.
But we're getting way off topic here; while I'm sure King R.Rool would love us primates all going at each other's throats about Ridley, this is K.Rool's thread. :p

If King K.Rool is another DLC fighter, I think this entire thread would erupt into celebration.
About Ridley, I call Sakubias for one reason "He wouldn't be able to fly freely anymore"
:4darkpit::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4bowserjr::4charizard:
I imagine Ridley and K.Rool being good friends for some reason

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Or drinking buddies, actually.

Now I'm imagining K.Rool and Ridley sitting in a bar and complaining about how they've been getting the shaft in Smash, and that could be an awesome image. :p
"I'm apparently too big"
"Nonsense, I'm bigger than you! All they told me was that I've been out of business for a while, however, my oldest memories are being put back on the Wii U for the Americas"

Top Bottom