• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Quillion

Smash Hero
This talk about K. Rool being inevitably low tier reminds me of people talking about how Mewtwo shouldn't come back because he was bad in Melee. Didn't stop the backlash from his cut and him from being the biggest request this time around.
It was undoubtedly a reason why Mewtwo was cut in favor of Lucario when they had a choice between the two due to time and resource constraints.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It was undoubtedly a reason why Mewtwo was cut in favor of Lucario when they had a choice between the two due to time and resource constraints.
No, Mewtwo was planned, but Lucario was the fresh brand new cool kid, so he got prioritized, if Sonic or Wolf didn't happen Mewtwo might have stayed
EDIT: Also, there were what, 7 characters lower than Mewtwo on the tierlist that all made it in Brawl, I suggest you either leave or change the topic

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
No, Mewtwo was planned, but Lucario was the fresh brand new cool kid, so he got prioritized, if Sonic or Wolf didn't happen Mewtwo might have stayed
EDIT: Also, there were what, 7 characters lower than Mewtwo on the tierlist that all made it in Brawl, I suggest you either leave or change the topic
Mewtwo's tier position didn't change until it was cut from Brawl.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Mewtwo's tier position didn't change until it was cut from Brawl.
Oh no, I didn't know about something from back when I didn't know Smash was a thing! Big whoop, Wolf was the highest out of the Star Fox trio in Brawl and what happened? Wolf got cut.
Sakurai also couldn't give a **** towards competitive smash, he feels like it deviates from what it should be, stop telling me characters you are bad with are bad in general

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Then I wonder, why go for such a project as :pt: if Mewtwo would take far less work. :squirtle: and :ivysaur: are nowhere to be seen either. :mewtwopm: and :charizard: would take less time I think. And that's what we're getting now.

These things really make me question Sakurai's priorities regarding character choices. I would've figured that Mewtwo and Dixie where the most likely newcomers at first... Was quite wrong.

Again, can we ask Retro to make K.Rool in Smash somehow?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Then I wonder, why go for such a project as :pt: if Mewtwo would take far less work. :squirtle: and :ivysaur: are nowhere to be seen either. :mewtwopm: and :charizard: would take less time I think. And that's what we're getting now.

These things really make me question Sakurai's priorities regarding character choices. I would've figured that Mewtwo and Dixie where the most likely newcomers at first... Was quite wrong.

Again, can we ask Retro to make K.Rool in Smash somehow?
Probably because new ideas tend to be better than old ones in a developer's eyes, and yes, we could ask Retro to help out

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Mewtwo and Lucario were never "competing" for one "Pokemon Spot," although there is at least some logic to what you're saying. Mewtwo being a bottom tier character robbed him of the popularity he would have had among the fans had he been top tier, and unlike Bowser or Kirby, he wasn't so necessary to the point where his spot was locked anyway. If, say, Falco and Mewtwo switched positions on the Melee tier list, I have little doubt that Mewtwo would have been in Brawl and Falco, cut.

This is irrelevant to K. Rool getting into the game at all, of course.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I have a question: What's the best K.Rool theme to you guys?
I'm actually gonna say Big Boss Blues. I dunno, I just really like it. Possibly has something to do with the fact that the K. Rool fight in DKC3 took the longest for me and I had longer to appreciate it. Maybe.
Also I like it because it's the darkest out of all his themes imo.
I like 'em all, though.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Oh no, I didn't know about something from back when I didn't know Smash was a thing! Big whoop, Wolf was the highest out of the Star Fox trio in Brawl and what happened? Wolf got cut.
Sakurai also couldn't give a **** towards competitive smash, he feels like it deviates from what it should be, stop telling me characters you are bad with are bad in general
Falco was the highest in Brawl, not Wolf.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Gangplank Galleon > Crocodile Cacophony > K. Rool 64 > K. Rool's Acid Punk > Big Boss Blues >>> Jungle Climber theme >>> King of Swing theme

I have multiple hard rock remixes of Gangplank Galleon on my workout playlist, so I have a special connection to them beyond appreciating them as great pieces of music.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Tiers don't really matter to me that much, besides, I don't play with "tiers" or "reps", I play with characters. So I'd play K. Rool regardless of what tier he ends up in.
Exactly. I don't give two ****s about tiers. It doesn't matter if people play as "low-tier" characters. Some can be really good as the lower tier characters. TR4Q
Even though I don't main him, it is sad to see people ripping into Diddy and talking about how much they hate him because of Smash. And it's not even just because he's a dominant character. . .on places like Reddit, people come out of the woodwork when competitive frustration with him comes up to talk about how "they've always hated that stupid monkey" or "he's annoying and has a poor 90's design." Come on.
Are they a special kind of stupid or what? Diddy is one of my favorite characters in the series. I remember being so excited when Diddy was confirmed for Brawl during the Dojo days. He is a fun character to play as no doubt and he is one of my mains too. All Diddy needs is the Chimpy Charge and he would be perfect.
Crocodile Cacophany hands down. Gangplank Galleon is his most iconic one, though.
This. I enjoy all of them a lot, but my choice is Crocodile Cacophony. Big Boss Blues is a very underrated K. Rool track though.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Exactly. I don't give two ****s about tiers. It doesn't matter if people play as "low-tier" characters. Some can be really good as the lower tier characters. TR4Q

Are they a special kind of stupid or what? Diddy is one of my favorite characters in the series. I remember being so excited when Diddy was confirmed for Brawl during the Dojo days. He is a fun character to play as no doubt and he is one of my mains too. All Diddy needs is the Chimpy Charge and he would be perfect.

This. I enjoy all of them a lot, but my choice is Crocodile Cacophony. Big Boss Blues is very underrated K. Rool track though.
Agreed on Big Boss Blues as well. I LOVE Big Boss Blues. I just like Crocodile Cacophany and Gangplank Galleon more.

Don't care that much for K. Rool Duel, though.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Gangplank is iconic to me. The one I'm used to. Cacophony while delightfully ominous doesn't really have the melody that GG did. It's a little repetitive. Gangplank I love because it changes drastically part way through.

Oddly jolly (out-of-almost-left-field) pirate ditty >> Boss rumble while keeping with the instrumentation*

*I don't much about music if my wording is kind of off.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... I would have to go with Gangplank Galleon to be honest. It is simply the most memorable. It's deceitful turn in tone so very much matches the character that it plays for.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I took it just now, and I love the amount of choice there is on there. It's a darn shame not many of the guys I picked have any chance other than K. Rool and Dixie :p
I would'nt be sure about that, Wolf and Lucas look like they could still be happening.
maxresdefault.jpg

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I would'nt be sure about that, Wolf and Lucas look like they could still be happening. View attachment 36384
Its just the same fake leak that's popped up several times now. Please stop reposting that. Its not real, and there will be no real leaks any time soon. For one thing, there won't be any copies of any DLC content floating around. We're not going to hear about it until its officially announced.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I did too, at least with Waluigi and Chunky but just saying, they are heavily requested characters too who are just likley as Dixie and K. Rool.
Nahhh, Waluigi and the Chunkster are nowhere NEAR the likelihood of Dixie and K. Rool. Waluigi's an assist and seems to be staying that way, and Chunky is the very definition of "muh relevance".

Top Bottom