• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
While I'm still a little hopeful for K. Rool, I really don't think his chances have boosted from this "disconfirmation" (I really don't think it is one). His chances of getting in have always been shaky ever since the leaked roster, and if we take things at face value the CSS isn't designed to fit in any more DK characters.

Also, none of the credible leaks mention him that he is playable.
Until I see K. Rool as a trophy or a boss, I see no reason not to believe. A couple of questionable leaks means nothing to me.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Although this Dixie outfit for Diddy doesn't confirm or disconfirm anything, it kinda gave me more hope to see K. Rool making it in.

I'd say his chances are still the same (slightly over 50%), but I'm optimistic about him.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The thing with pink Diddy is that if Dixie was in now and Diddy had that palette, it would be hard to tell between the two. Yellow Mario didn't matter because there were still obvious differences between Mario and Wario, such as body shape and stuff. Two Pink Monkeys running around can get confusing, especially on the 3DS.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
I still think he will not get in. It seems like the DK-Franchise is not Sakurai's favorite. No new stage, no AT, no items, no stage bosses. That says clearly everything about DK's state in SSB4.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The thing with pink Diddy is that if Dixie was in now and Diddy had that palette, it would be hard to tell between the two. Yellow Mario didn't matter because there were still obvious differences between Mario and Wario, such as body shape and stuff. Two Pink Monkeys running around can get confusing, especially on the 3DS.
No it wouldn't, hair! DON'T FORGET THE HAIR!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I apologize for leaping on top of everything so quickly. Getting fairly embarrassing at this point. I just live in a chat where there are guys constantly screaming that these things mean X is confirmed, and questioning it is "dumb".

Regardless I really don't think the Dixie color means that much in K. Rool's favor. The main thing this thread has said that made me put some stock in it is that Pit's Dark Pit costume is gone. . .Though even then, Pit in a dark costume and Dark Pit would be extremely hard to tell apart, compared to Diddy with Dixie's colors and Dixie. It may be a special case for Dark Pit.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Uhhh.... no, it wouldn't be difficult to differentiate two pink monkeys... one is bald... the other has a long blond ponytail.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Uhhh.... no, it wouldn't be difficult to differentiate two pink monkeys... one is bald... the other has a long blond ponytail.
Anyway, they're are too similar. I highly doubt Sakurai and his team would add that alt if Dixie's another character.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Anyway, they're are too similar. I highly doubt Sakurai and his team would add that alt if Dixie's another character.
Pink Diddy looks nothing like Dixie.

Dixie doesn't have stars on her shirt... she is wearing a beret, not a cap... she doesn't have a tail... she has a long ponytail... her fur isn't yellow.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm tired of people collectively changing their stances on K. Rool for little reason. "Some guy on 4chan completely unrelated to Ninka posted Dixie with Ridley and Mewtwo? Let's shamelessly ignore K. Rool and pretend Dixie had his prestige within the fanbase for the past several years. Diddy has a generic pink costume? Never mind, K. Rool has a chance again."

Some people from GameFAQs are supposedly importing the game tonight/tomorrow, so staying tuned for info may pay off sooner than we think.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If K. Rool is in, then that would be one hell of a pleasant surprise, because it would be like Robin's reveal all over again for me.

But at this point, I'm pleased with whatever DK newcomer we get, whether it be K. Rool or Dixie. I'd rather have one of them playable than none of them at all.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pink Diddy looks nothing like Dixie.

Dixie doesn't have stars on her shirt... she is wearing a beret, not a cap... she doesn't have a tail... she has a long ponytail... her fur isn't yellow.
I'm actually with Arcadenik on this one. Pink Gold Diddy doesn't bear that much of a resemblance to Dixie, and let's not forget that there are similar palette swaps out there ("Wario" Mario and "Naked Meta Knight" Kirby spring to mind).

That being said, I don't think Dixie being in the game would hinder the King's chances at all. If anything, I would imagine it can only help them. Sakurai's been known to do some strange and beautiful things in the past, and including both Dixie and the King would certainly be a pleasant surprise for Donkey Kong fans.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
I'm tired of people collectively changing their stances on K. Rool for little reason. "Some guy on 4chan completely unrelated to Ninka posted Dixie with Ridley and Mewtwo? Let's shamelessly ignore K. Rool and pretend Dixie had his prestige within the fanbase for the past several years. Diddy has a generic pink costume? Never mind, K. Rool has a chance again."

Some people from GameFAQs are supposedly importing the game tonight/tomorrow, so staying tuned for info may pay off sooner than we think.
Wait, what!? Seriously? That soon? Things are starting to speed up fast... stay strong, Kutthroats.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
KINH K ROOL HOW I LOVE YOU PLEASE SUCK THE METAKNIGHT OUT OF SMASH 4 AND GIVE US YOUR KINGNESS

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Debating if I should stay away from SSB stuff the next few days. I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of rumors and false confirmations popping up. Until I see gameplay videos, or official Nintendo confirmation I'm not taking anyones word for it.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Man this final week is going to be stressful as hell, waking up/coming home to any number of exciting and disappointing things that might be revealed officially through the site/announced by Nintendo or people getting copies early. The anticipation has built up for this long and it is finally about to come to an end. I really, really hope we get some news on just DK in general this week, preferably a King K. Rool reveal or being shown off through someone who has the game. I believe in the King, so please don't disappoint me Sakurai, the hype three NEED to be in this game!

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I fear the ship may be sinking, but I'll stay with it until it's either fixed or completely submerged.
I don't have reason to think K. Rool isn't playable. I only have reason to think Dixie Kong is with the King still being unknown.
My confidence may have been significantly shaken through some of my own developments, but I won't say the King has no chance yet. I'll stick with it until the end.
Thankfully the end is near.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
This is the final stand, guys. We have to survive just one more week, then we'll know what happened with our King. Let's hope for the best! Do not falter, fellow Kutthroats! The end is near, and it could be great or it could be awful, but we must stay together until the very end!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going down with this galleon. While I'd be fine with any Donkey Kong newcomer at this point, seeing as there seems to literally be no new Donkey Kong content so far (aside from two Smash Run enemies, which are 3DS exclusive), seeing K. Rool in Smash Bros. would be so much more exciting than Dixie, Cranky, Lanky, etc. given how much potential there is.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
I don't think this is the final week, perhaps there are things being hiden for Wii U release. From a marketing perspective, showing everything now is bad.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I don't think this is the final week, perhaps there are things being hiden for Wii U release. From a marketing perspective, showing everything now is bad.
It's the final week to know what is on the 3DS version. I still think they could keep something hidden for when Wii U arrives. That said, I'd love to see K. Rool now and not in a couple months.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Actually, I don't recall this being brought up,m but what sort of Final Smash would you guys like to see for the King?

I'd rather like to see him calling in aid from the Flying Kroc and just going on an all-out air raid. Either that or summon the aid of a bunch of Kremlings to mess stuff up all over the field.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I'm going down with the galleon. He is my most wanted newcomer and will be next time if he is not in now. If K. Rool is not in, we push for him to appear in DKC and Mario spin-offs. Long live the King (And Kaptain, Baron and Boxer)

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
It's the final week to know what is on the 3DS version. I still think they could keep something hidden for when Wii U arrives. That said, I'd love to see K. Rool now and not in a couple months.
I'm with you on this. I could see this potentially happening, but we'll have to see. I also like to see our Kremling King's fate sooner rather than later. This wait is getting kinda agonizing. I'm also staying on the galleon thru the end.

Laniv

Smash Champion
I'll go down with the galleon too.

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight Kongs in Krem Quay, we shall fight Kongs on the beaches, and we will overcome!

Top Bottom