• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I wonder what changed in Retro for them to be like that.

They weren't like "Hey, we're making a Metroid game! Let's not use Metroids, the Space Pirates or Ridley! We want to do our own thing!" with Metroid. Hell, Metroid Prime has so many shocking similarities to Super Metroid and even Kraid almost made it in there.

I hope Retro uses the Kremlings at least once. Just to put me at ease that they're not dead and the Nintendo is the Illuminati trying to phase them out.

September 13, 2014.
I've heard that Retro planned to use the Kremlings, but it was someone else's decision not to. I've also heard that if Retro were to make another DKC game, they WILL use the Kremlings, but I haven't heard any confirmations at all on these, so I'm not fully sure about them.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Don't even joke about things like that.

Now that there's less than three weeks until we know the fate of our great leader, I propose a thread title change. "Krossing our fingers for the final kountdown!".
I second this. Thoughts, @ BKupa666 BKupa666 ?

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I don't think Ridley's going to be playable. So that just leaves K. Rool as the last potential newcomer worth putting in. K. Rool konfirmed.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think Ridley's going to be playable. So that just leaves K. Rool as the last potential newcomer worth putting in. K. Rool konfirmed.
I try to avoid my own personal wants and desires when I speculate. I look at things from a logical perspective and try to determine the most likely outcome in my eyes. Naturally, some bias might slip in, but I try my best to avoid that. My #1 most wanted character is K. Rool by far, my #2 is Isaac. My #3 is already confirmed (Robin), #4 already confirmed (Mega Man), #5 is possible (Dixie Kong), and way down at #6, I plain as day think Ridley is the most likely newcomer at this point. That said, I think K. Rool is the #1 most likely newcomer to be revealed in a launch trailer. If this was the western launch I'd definitely say Ridley.

And my thoughts vary based on what we see. Right now, I'm seeing that King K. Rool is the #1 most requested Nintendo newcomer, #3 most requested character overall. That is HUGE.

If Ridley had not been teased as a stage hazard, but rather wasn't mentioned at all, I'd personally be saying right now that I think Ridley is possible, but K. Rool is by far the most likely character to be announced. I personally think Sakurai is blatantly teasing Ridley, though, regardless of my own preferences (K. Rool, Isaac...) I do think Sakurai may have teased K. Rool a bit with those Kritters, though.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I try to avoid my own personal wants and desires when I speculate. I look at things from a logical perspective and try to determine the most likely outcome in my eyes.
As do I.

If Ridley had not been teased as a stage hazard,
What if the reason Ridley was teased as a stage hazard was because he actually is a stage hazard? Crazy idea, huh?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
As do I.

What if the reason Ridley was teased as a stage hazard was because he actually is a stage hazard? Crazy idea, huh?
This is probably not the most suitable place to start up a Ridley debate, you know, unless it somehow relates to K. Rool.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
This is probably not the most suitable place to start up a Ridley debate, you know, unless it somehow relates to K. Rool.
Well my original point was that no Ridley practically guarantees K. Rool at least for me. I'm not looking to debate, I assure you.

I think all of K. Rool's specials can be taken just from DKC1.
Up B= leap
Side B= charge
Down B= ground stomp which drops cannonball from the sky
standard B= crown toss

That's good enough for me.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well my original point was that no Ridley practically guarantees K. Rool at least for me. I'm not looking to debate, I assure you.

I think all of K. Rool's specials can be taken just from DKC1.
Up B= leap
Side B= charge
Down B= ground stomp which drops cannonball from the sky
standard B= crown toss

That's good enough for me.
I think they're both practically guaranteed, but that's just me. K. Rool is far more requested than Ridley, but both are in the top five in at least one region; Ridley #5 in the west and K. Rool #3 in both the west and Japan. (And as for the Ridley stage hazard, its not what he was teased for, but how he was teased. Sakurai confirms every character's role shortly after first revealing them. Why hasn't Ridley's role every once been confirmed, or as you say, reaffirmed, in any way, shape, or form?)

As far as K. Rool's specials are concerned, I honestly feel that he SHOULD draw from all of his boss battles, even though he could just be based on one of them. Regardless, Krown MUST be one of them for sure. I think his "Leap" and "Charge" should just be his jumping and running animations, respectively. Kannonball could be his Down+B, though, where he either throws a Kannonball or just stomps and drops a Kannonball from the sky, either would work.

Kannonballs should definitely be a major thing in his moveset, though. He uses them quite extensively in DKC1 and DKC2. I could even see it working where he could shoot cannonballs, and activate a different Down+B that sends an electrical charge forward. The electrical charge can then get caught on any kannonballs placed and another beam fired a short ways after. If another kannoball is nearby, the beam will attach to both and stay for a while before the kannonballs blow up.

Naturally, these ideas fit into K. Rool's tricky fighting style in his boss battles. K. Rool has always been very tricky with the way he fights, I totally see him as a character just made for setting up traps.

Klaww

Smash Cadet
NNID
KlawwTheClown
3DS FC
1220-6841-7284
There are so many possible movesets to choose from, I can't even decide what I'd like the most. I've honestly liked 90% of the suggested movesets I've seen.

I still like my older idea of having his jumping move as a forward-smash, and making it so that charging it longer makes you jump further.

They seem to be experimenting with more unique smash attacks this time around, anyway.

More like "Krossing our Klaws", amirite?
I recommend not getting me crossed. :yoshi64:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I've actually heard some discussion that K. Rool shouldn't draw from his Baron persona in his moveset, just because it doesn't mesh as well with the rest. He basically is a pirate king in DKC1/2, with both "personalities" complementing each other, and the boxer from DK64 is easily integrated given it's just a boxer, so it doesn't exactly take much away. The scientist is the only one that feels a bit random.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've actually heard some discussion that K. Rool shouldn't draw from his Baron persona in his moveset, just because it doesn't mesh as well with the rest. He basically is a pirate king in DKC1/2, with both "personalities" complementing each other, and the boxer from DK64 is easily integrated given it's just a boxer, so it doesn't exactly take much away. The scientist is the only one that feels a bit random.
I think it should have a few nods. Kaptain K. Rool uses technology as well. Granted, Barona K. Roolenstein is by far his most different persona appearance wise.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It just kinda ticks me off also how every character is being shown off an alt. costume in the POTD's and K. Rool still has'nt been revealed yet to show off his alt. Costumes which is basically his thing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It just kinda ticks me off also how every character is being shown off an alt. costume in the POTD's and K. Rool still has'nt been revealed yet to show off his alt. Costumes which is basically his thing.
If you think about it, K. Rool could have four costumes with two recolors each. :D

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If you think about it, K. Rool could have four costumes with two recolors each. :D
4 including the default King right? the only other 3 I can think of are the Pirate, Mad Scientist, and Boxer ones. He would probably have alt. skin colors like his other kremlings, blue, red, yellow, light blue, and maybe black or dark green like Kudgel.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
True but I think that's very unlikely.. This is more-so against K. Rool imo. :/ At least the possibility of having multiple costumes that represents his alter ego. :/

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
4 including the default King right? the only other 3 I can think of are the Pirate, Mad Scientist, and Boxer ones. He would probably have alt. skin colors like his other kremlings, blue, red, yellow, light blue, and maybe black or dark green like Kudgel.
I should've said "costumes," not "alt" costumes. Even the default outfit is still a costume. Granted, Sakurai could just pick one alt costume, Kaptain K. Rool, and give each costume four skin colors.

True but I think that's very unlikely.. This is more-so against K. Rool imo. :/ At least the possibility of having multiple costumes that represents his alter ego. :/
More-so against? How do you mean? I don't see how this goes against K. Rool's inclusion whatsoever.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
2 by 4 sounds very unlikely, it's something we've never seen. 4 alone is too much for a 'single' character to work on. This doesn't really affect K. Rool but more so his chances in getting variety of costumes.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
2 by 4 sounds very unlikely, it's something we've never seen. 4 alone is too much for a 'single' character to work on. This doesn't really affect K. Rool but more so his chances in getting variety of costumes.
Bowser Jr. has all the Koopalings as alts. Either way, doesn't bother me, just Kaptain is enough of an alt for K. Rool.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Bowser Jr. has all the Koopalings as alts. Either way, doesn't bother me, just Kaptain is enough of an alt for K. Rool.
King and Pirate are my favorite costumes of his anyway. I just kinda wanted the boxer one too so I could fight little mac in it inside the boxing ring lol.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
His Pirate costume is by far my favourite though all of K Rool's different costumes are great. In fact, they're one reason why I really like him. He's kind of this quirky, silly character and this is shown well through his costumes. I dunno about you guys but I think restricting him to his a king and not letting him use his other crazy and whacky appearances is like not letting K Rool be K Rool... if you know what I mean.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
As long as he's not wearing that stupid Mayan looking outfit he had in super sluggers I'll be fine with whatever costumes they give him. That costume was just ehhhhhh. Besides you'd assume K.Rool dressing for a baseball game he'd of dressed like a crazed baseball player, not a freakin Mayan.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I do not understand this at all. A king, a pirate, and a boxer all mesh together fine, but a scientist stands out?
Is it because the scientist is the smart kid?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Considering we have 8 variations for every character, I'd like to have four outfits for K. Rool, with two variations each. They could be king, kaptain, boxer and scientist.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The Bowser Jr. Alt thing isn't happening. Sakurai isn't stupid enough to only allow one person to play as Bowser Jr. This isn't Mario Kart. It's Smash Bros.
Stranger decisions have been made. I used to think the roster leak was fake because I didn't believe that Sakurai was "stupid enough" to put Dark Pit ad Dr. Mario in the game as separate characters. Look how that turned out. :ohwell:

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
That is... not good. I have nothing against Dixie, but c'mon, she can't even be compared to the King. :scared:

Sadly, leaks so close to the release date are more likely to be true, so this has a strong chance of being real. We will find out for sure in 10 days though.

I still have hope!

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
This "remaining characters list" surfaced long, long ago, and Ninka said the list was fake, because not even his source knew the remaining characters.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That NeoGAF post is just a compilation of Ninka's leak and the existing suspicious 4chan post. It's nothing new to worry about.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh what costumes could he have? King K. Rool, Kaptain K. Rool, Baron K. Roolenstein, King Krusha K. Rool, Don. K. Rool....any other possible costumes?

Also, somewhat off topic, but this made me giggle.
Donkey Kong Land plot said:
The game is set as a pseudo-sequel to Donkey Kong Country. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong tell Cranky Kong all about their recent Donkey Kong Country adventure. Cranky admits that he underestimated the success of it, but blamed it on the "advanced graphics" and the fact that "kids will buy anything nowadays". Cranky Kong proceeds to ramble about his older games but DK and Diddy ignore him, telling him that the gameplay was also a factor.

Cranky, still unsatisfied, arranges a bet for King K. Rool to steal the banana hoard and force the Kongs to recapture it on an 8-bit handheld system. Donkey and Diddy head out once again to get their precious hoard back and to prove Cranky wrong.

Top Bottom