• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Does this look too big too you

His size down requirement for playable is way less than ridley

As a matter of fact by how big i think ridley is from the shadow footage i think king k rool and ridley would be the exact same height if both are playable

EDIT mispelled big

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Does this look too *** too you

As a matter of fact by how big i think ridley is from the shadow footage i think king k rool and ridley would be the exact same height if both are playable
As far as proportion goes, it's believable to make K. Rool as tall/large as DK, if not a bit taller/larger.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman

EDIT mispelled big
King K.Rools size down would probably make him slightly bigger (if not the same size) than Bowser/King Dedede which is perfect for him.

Im hilariously more concerned about whether they'll keep his shiny golden belly or not. I dont know why, but i really want to see that golden belly in detail in the new Smash Bros. I kinda hated how they made it normal in Sluggers (and pretty much anything Paon made) because it didnt feel right seeing him like that. Honestly, i think Sakurai would do his best to make him look like his traditional Rare look to appeal to us fans.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have seen a rare case of win on GameFAQs that isn't from the leader of this group himself:
peppermintsnow said:
Exactly. Last I checked, the Kremlings were the only villains shown that have been on hiatus for so long: no cameos, no remakes, nothing. They could have used any other villains from DKC Returns in the Kremlings' place. There are non-Tiki enemies, too, if you think "enemy variety" is a strong argument. But no, they revived an enemy race that was last seen 6 years ago. That is significant.

The Kid Icarus enemies and the green shell from Smash Bros N64 are not analogous counter-points because unlike the Kremlings, they arerelevant/recent. The counterparts to the Uprising enemies and the Koopa shell for the DK franchise in SSB4 are the Tikis. Because of this "recency" bias (just look at the Octorok designs -- they are pulled from the last major Zelda console game), their appearance and the appearance of all other enemy characters is expected/inconsequential. To reiterate, the Kremlings' disappearance from their home series makes their revival in Smash Bros. distinct from all other enemies we've seen.

And yes, like the OP and others have pointed out, the Kremlings do not guarantee K. Rool. They do, however, make him more plausible given that his generic race is being represented despite their complete removal from the recent DKC installments. In fact, even those that think we should minimise the importance of the Kremlings appearance concede this point. Surely, if the generic enemy race is "relevant" enough to appear in Smash Bros. (even if just for "enemy diversity"), their leader (an actual specific character with a notable history and fan following) is surely "relevant" enough to be considered for the game himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, some guy also came in and said that Kremlings mean jack for K. Rool, unless we want to consider Wart as having a better chance because of Shy Guys being in the game.

I pointed out that this was a horrible comparison because Shy Guys never exclusively served under Wart. If it were some of these guys, on the other hand. . .

Speaking of which, Wart would be an alright Mario newcomer, not that he'd ever happen at this rate. Instead of shoving Bowser into every failed new Yoshi's Island game, Wart should be redesigned and brought back as the new Yoshi villain. There's already a Prince Froggy in the series, after all.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Speaking of which, Wart would be an alright Mario newcomer, not that he'd ever happen at this rate. Instead of shoving Bowser into every failed new Yoshi's Island game, Wart should be redesigned and brought back as the new Yoshi villain. There's already a Prince Froggy in the series, after all.
Wart should've been a newcomer in Mario Kart 8! He'd be so out of nowhere that it'd be hilarious. At least he wouldn't be an OC.
I was half-expecting him to be a boss in 3D World as a throwback, but that didn't happen.

I think it would be funny to just have a Mario game featuring a bunch of the neglected characters and enemies from various games in the franchise. Like a Mario-centered Captain Rainbow. Wart would obviously be the villain along with K. Rool

And who else could be the main character besides...

Geno Waluigi :awesome:

D

Deleted member

EDIT mispelled big
He is small because of hardware limitations and the game was retconnected by 64 where he is big as s***

This is the kinda of argument I see agaisnt Ridley, I just exchanged names, because seriously, who else aside from K. Rool and Ridley deserve to be in this game, imagine: Bowser vs. Ganondorf vs. Ridley vs. K. Rool the battle of the century :love:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Does wart belong to nintendo, as well as the enemies you provided? Other than the shy guy, nobody has really graced much exposure out the game. Not sure if Fuji TV had a weir loophole that prohibits them from the character usage

D

Deleted member

Does wart belong to nintendo, as well as the enemies you provided? Other than the shy guy, nobody has really graced much exposure out the game. Not sure if Fuji TV had a weir loophole that prohibits them from the character usage
It's the Kremlings all over again...

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Bob-Ombs, Pokeys, and Birdo also came from that game. Pretty sure that Nintendo still owns Wart, because he appeared in Link's Awakening, and then of course Super Mario Advance.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Shy Guys, Birdo, Pokeys, and Bob-bombs all originated from SMB2/Doki Doki. And Pidgets reappeared a few times as well.
There's also been two remakes of SMB2.

Edit: Darn it, Geninja'd

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
He is small because of hardware limitations and the game was retconnected by 64 where he is big as s***

This is the kinda of argument I see agaisnt Ridley, I just exchanged names, because seriously, who else aside from K. Rool and Ridley deserve to be in this game, imagine: Bowser vs. Ganondorf vs. Ridley vs. K. Rool the battle of the century :love:
wrong again man

he was that size only in that game everything above that he was significantly smaller

and he was playable in a Mario sluggers game and he was just barely taller than a toad in that (toad size was increased in that)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

wrong again man

he was that size only in that game everything above that he was significantly smaller

and he was playable in a Mario sluggers game and he was just barely taller than a toad in that (toad size was increased in that)
Can't you see I'm joking?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guys, let's not be like Shokio and argue about K. Rool's size. He can be as big as he wants and he'll be a likely candidate for Sakurai to resize for "balancing reasons". After all, it wouldn't be weird seeing the old Kremling in a size like his Paon counterparts.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Bob-Ombs, Pokeys, and Birdo also came from that game. Pretty sure that Nintendo still owns Wart, because he appeared in Link's Awakening, and then of course Super Mario Advance.
I just find it odd how Wart has never been given his chance at being a villain again after SMB2, didn't know if he may have had a certain reason for the absence.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Speaking of Wart and K. Rool ….

I do hope this doesn't happen to the Kremling King.
The very fact that he'll be making some sort of appearance in Smash means it won't.

I always see people bring up this image as if it has a funny punchline, but...it really doesn't? It actually falls rather flat on its face; K. Rool not being in one game (at the time it was drawn) means he's now on the same track as one-off Wart was? Pfft. If anything, that drawing should be redone with Tiki Tong or Fredrik.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Not to hate on the thread but what solid piece of evidence do we have that the King will be in the game besides the kremlings being in smash run? Its a strong assumption but not anything that truly states he will return. I'm still preparing myself for the worse that he'll be shafted yet again like Ridley and only be a hazard, which he doesn't deserve.

D

Deleted member

Not to hate on the thread but what solid piece of evidence do we have that the King will be in the game besides the kremlings being in smash run? Its a strong assumption but not anything that truly states he will return. I'm still preparing myself for the worse that he'll be shafted yet again like Ridley and only be a hazard, which he doesn't deserve.
Considering the Kremling's appearance in Smash Run, I will be very surprised if K. Rool is just relegated to a trophy. I think he'll receive a larger role this game; whenever that is Assist Trophy, boss, or playable character. It doesn't necessarily mean K. Rool will definitely be playable, but I can't see K. Rool just relegated to a trophy this time.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There's not any solid piece of evidence for any potential newcomers before their official announcement (well, maybe except for Palutena who's been leaked), so that's not unique to K. Rool. All anyone can do in regards to potential newcomers is to speculate.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
And K.Rool is different than Ridley too...if K.Rool was revealed as a boss it wouldn't be what people want, necessarily. But I think the reaction would be mostly positive. He's in the game! It would increase his chances going forward...not just for Smash but future DKC games. Once the fans get a load of K.Rool, they'll want a lot more.

Whereas Ridley's been a boss and being a hazard(if he IS one) almost feels like a demotion. It feels like his chances have gone down in terms of being playable in future Smash games.

Still hoping both somehow get in, but I think K.Rool's chances of at least having an active role as a Boss or Smash Run mission related enemy are high and that's awesome. But I hope he's playable.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just thought I'd introduce my favorite version of the GangPlank Galleon Theme:
Something like this should definitely be in the game.

D

Deleted member

And K.Rool is different than Ridley too...if K.Rool was revealed as a boss it wouldn't be what people want, necessarily. But I think the reaction would be mostly positive. He's in the game! It would increase his chances going forward...not just for Smash but future DKC games. Once the fans get a load of K.Rool, they'll want a lot more.

Whereas Ridley's been a boss and being a hazard(if he IS one) almost feels like a demotion. It feels like his chances have gone down in terms of being playable in future Smash games.

Still hoping both somehow get in, but I think K.Rool's chances of at least having an active role as a Boss or Smash Run mission related enemy are high and that's awesome. But I hope he's playable.
Well it really depends on how K. Rool is handled as a boss.

If Sakurai were to do something like use all of K. Rool's disguises and all of his iconic attacks in a boss fight as well as picture him faithfully, it might be okay. However, if Ridley is any indication (being handled as poorly as it looks like he'll be if not playable), I don't expect anything interesting. Not only would it suck that he isn't playable, it would also most likely be an underwhelming boss fight.

Sure it's very likely he'll obtain a larger role here, but we should really be aiming for playable status here and no less. If he doesn't appear in a Donkey Kong game after this game and fails to show up as playable here, he will not get another chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think at the moment, I'll be most disappointed at K. Rool if he doesn't utilize grappler characteristics, because Super smash Bros. is really missing that sort of character. At best we have King Dedede and Mewtwo. Like I said it would fit with the crocodile analogy, and he has shown characteristics of punishing characters that get too close in some games.

I want to seem him preform an attack similar to the Potemkin Buster in particular, because why the hell not.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Why does a large amount of people want K. Rool to to be a grappler? I can't think of a single time he's ever grabbed anyone as a form of attack. The blunderbuss vacuum doesn't count. The only consistent form of attack that K. Rool has utilized is simply smashing into you with his glorious, girthy body.

DKC1? Look at my sig
DKC2? He propels his massive body into you with his gun that is apparently capable of rocket propulsion
DKC3? He flies into you with a jetpack
DK64? Most of the encounters involve trying not to get wrecked by his giant body (especially Lanky's fight)

The only other techniques he employs is projectiles.

DKC1? Krown toss
DKC2? Kannonball spam
DKC3? ..... Do Tesla lazers count as a projectile?
DK64? Throws a boxing glove

Oh, and playing dead, I'm pretty sure he does that in every encounter.

My point is, K. Rool should not be a grappler, he should be a big ****in' crocodile that's either decimating you with his immensity or harassing with projectiles... and playing dead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom