• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Also, it cracks me up/annoys me when someone compares K.Rool to Wart in regards to his chances of getting merchandise in the World of Nintendo line. comparing a single game villain entry with a small easter egg appearance to a character with 10+ Main villain appearances, several DK spinoff playable/villain appearances, main villain role in a cartoon, and a playable plot relevant character in a Mario spinoff?! just because K.Rool hasn't been seen in 7 years doesn't mean he's dead, and he'd be fine for that toyline.

Also, I just had a funny realization: The Shovel Knight at this point in time is essentially the new Geno. Relatively niche character(common public hasn't really heard of either) with a single release, and a decent sized and vocal fanbase. switch out one being a Mario spinoff secondary protag, and the other being an unestablished indie, and they really are on similar standing

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
We know these people are teasing with us, so even if they make us believe (and honestly, I don't see how anyone couldn't) it's Inkling, in the end, it could still end up to be Isaac or Balloon Fighter. We don't know til the the Big N sings.

Last edited:

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
Edit: Think I misunderstood something :p

Here is my message:

Also, I just had a funny realization: The Shovel Knight at this point in time is essentially the new Geno. Relatively niche character(common public hasn't really heard of either) with a single release, and a decent sized and vocal fanbase. switch out one being a Mario spinoff secondary protag, and the other being an unestablished indie, and they really are on similar standing
I don't really agree with that. I think being the main character of an unrepresented series (not first or second party, granted, but closely associated with Nintendo) does a lot for Shovel Knight, and personally I feel like he'd be a more justified addition.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Edit: Think I misunderstood something :p

Here is my message:

I don't really agree with that. I think being the main character of an unrepresented series (not first or second party, granted, but closely associated with Nintendo) does a lot for Shovel Knight, and personally I feel like he'd be a more justified addition.
but he isn't closely associated to Nintendo, he's had one game, and while it has been on equal and good standing with Nintendo, neither is it exclusive or overly good with Nintendo. Notice all third parties in smash have actual franchises and legacies, and even the most tenuous one had 5 Nintendo games, 2 being exclusives even if the primary reason he made it in was friendship, also all are over a decade or more old. And I mean seriously, what actual solid standing does he have to get into smash at this point other than some overhyped leaks that people can't let go of. I understand that his game is universally praised, but that doesn't mean instant entry into smash for a third party single game character. And before anyone tries to use in-game counterpoints keep in mind: Roy, and Greninja are both part of Nintendo owned franchises with good to high levels of success and as of their time getting in smash their series generally had at least five entries. While we've had a handful of characters from single entry franchises, or from a game that's under a year old, well actually the only character in smash with a single game is Duck Hunt, and they are 30 years old now and a multi-million seller. Ice Climbers had similar age though it didn't sell as much. Also Shovel Knight still isn't in Japan either. not saying he doesn't ever have a chance, just that he doesn't have one for Smash 4 DLC

D

Deleted member

I don't believe in any stuff Nikki says.

I got enough of this dumb teasing. It's like a girl/boy that teases you for a date over and over.

First it was Tamaki (the only one in which i can sort of thrust thanks to PushDustIn), then Stealth_ and Roger, and now we have NWPlayer123.

There are many things we could do while waiting for Sm4sh news, but giving attention to these people is not one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My thoughts are not Sakurai's and will, therefore, probably not make any sense when he decides how much stuff we get.

Also....

Just in case you didn't think it was Inklings. Please don't get hyped for Alligator man yet... that comes later.
I am not trusting anything she says after what happened with her little Direct "leak" last week. I do have doubts that she knows anything about the next character to begin with.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Welp... Let's hope for a Direct this Monday or something. We've waited long enough, after all, and like @Speedwagon had pointed out, these people coming up and saying "Oh hey, I know of a Smash character coming, but you don't get to find out. Haha!" is just becoming more annoying the longer Nintendo keeps us waiting. It's as if they may not even know if there's a character coming to Smash to begin with, and are taking advantage of this situation to get noticed. Either way, Nintendo needs to stop promoting Triforce Heroes (they've done enough of it) and move on to the content people want to see at this point in time.

I am not trusting anything she says after what happened with her little Direct "leak" last week. I do have doubts that she knows anything about the next character to begin with.
To be honest, she did say it was more of a guess based on the patterns of what was going on with Nintendo at the time, so you can't exactly blame her. However, I trust her only with Splatoon related content, as she has done datamining in the past and was truthful with what she had found. Smash wise, I don't believe her at all.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Welp... Let's hope for a Direct this Monday or something. We've waited long enough, after all, and like @Speedwagon had pointed out, these people coming up and saying "Oh hey, I know of a Smash character coming, but you don't get to find out. Haha!" is just becoming more annoying the longer Nintendo keeps us waiting. They need to stop promoting Triforce Heroes (they've done enough of it) and move on to the content people want to see at this point in time, honestly.

To be honest, she did say it was more of a guess based on the patterns of what was going on with Nintendo at the time.
I may not know much about her at all, but I still don't trust her. I guess that is something that can come up in the case of "first impressions".

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly it still peeves me off a bit when FE, KI, and Xenoblade somehow get stuck under the label of "Anime" despite none of them actually being from or based on an anime. Having anime style cutscenes or artwork doesnt make them an anime character :/
Which makes it even weirder that Xenoblade gets stuck under that label as well considering it looks nothing like any anime

Any Undertale fans in here? Because I just had an awesome art idea.
So Sans left eye is pretty damn infamous in the community. Who else has a left eye as a defining feature? Put the pieces together :p
totally din't just get my ass handed to me by him

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Notice all third parties in smash have actual franchises and legacies, and even the most tenuous one had 5 Nintendo games, 2 being exclusives even if the primary reason he made it in was friendship, also all are over a decade or more old.
Also, at this particular point in time, every single one of them has been the current mascot of the major Japanese arcade game manufacturers of old - all companies who were Nintendo's peers back then. (If I were to venture a guess, had Taito not been assimilated by Square-Enix, these days we might be discussing how likely Bub/Bob are for the next game's third-party inclusion. :laugh:)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In regards to Octogirl, I've been reading through various tweets she posted today/yesterday. Some more recent ones were her admitting that she's just (essentially) mocking the people who are looking for every info they can on Smash characters, and was joking around about how "other than the weapons, I COULD just be making everything up I revealed about Splatoon." Not really possible since near-playable Octolings were a thing, but other than those things there's evidence for, everything else she says is just conjecture.

Basically, unless she shows she's actually got something, don't believe a word she says, because the rest from her is trolling.

To be honest, she did say it was more of a guess based on the patterns of what was going on with Nintendo at the time, so you can't exactly blame her. However, I trust her only with Splatoon related content, as she has done datamining in the past and was truthful with what she had found. Smash wise, I don't believe her at all.
As I recall, she did say this... WELL after she first said there'd be a Direct/Octoling update. Her original tweet implied she knew both were happening, and even then, she later said that the Direct was speculation, not that the Octoling update was.

NWplayer AKA nikki aka Octogirl is a fraud.

if all of her previous tweets weren't proof enough she got caught in a lie.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It doesn't surprise me in the slightlest. Im beign serious right now.

Next time someone goes around there saying stuff like "HAY GAYUZ I GAT DA NEEW LEAKC FOR A NEIW SMESH FOUR KHERECTER BUT IM NAT GANA TELL YA", i will try my best to ignore that person.

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91

Way to throw your reputation out the window, Octogirl. Great job.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In regards to Octogirl, I've been reading through various tweets she posted today/yesterday. Some more recent ones were her admitting that she's just (essentially) mocking the people who are looking for every info they can on Smash characters, and was joking around about how "other than the weapons, I COULD just be making everything up I revealed about Splatoon." Not really possible since near-playable Octolings were a thing, but other than those things there's evidence for, everything else she says is just conjecture.

Basically, unless she shows she's actually got something, don't believe a word she says, because the rest from her is trolling.

As I recall, she did say this... WELL after she first said there'd be a Direct/Octoling update. Her original tweet implied she knew both were happening, and even then, she later said that the Direct was speculation, not that the Octoling update was.
I knew it! That fraud! I would call her by something else, but that something else would be too strong. I am not saying what it is, either, plus she is probably not the kind of person to say it to.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Thank god NWPlayer was wrong.
Her area of expertise is not Smash, but Splatoon. Of course what she said was a bunch of bologna. She didn't have any evidence to support the claims.
Nintendo, can I ask you one question?
Would you PLEASE announce a Direct?
Thank you.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Even worse for her reputation is that she said this time that she was telling the truth.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

That's a great birthday gift to me

Octogirl gets ruined

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito

F R A U D

This certainly makes me trust Octogirl a lot less, that's terrible for reputation.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Is this what it's coming down to? It's like every week, some asshole is gloating thst they know something when they don't know Jack. It's getting really old, really fast.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
In fact, I think it's time to put this whole Inkling thing to rest, take a look at this.
That was what it was! That was why I didn't know if they'd be in the game. There are alot of problems with them in terms of 3DS limitationS, the ink could cause framerate drops and they'd be required to switch models ALOT during the transition from kid to squid. In fact, (don't beat me up for this as it's only speculation) but is it possible Inklings were planned as DLC as soon as five months ago but were scrapped due to hardware issues thus us getting the costumes and explaining why the trophy was so detailed? With advancements in technology however, Inklings could work in future handheld installments with ease. Everything I just said was only a theory and the reasons why I was seemingly against Inkling, which I wasn't, just unsure about them. Let me know what you think of this theory. Hate, like, love, detest? Love to know.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
F R A U D

This certainly makes me trust Octogirl a lot less, that's terrible for reputation.
She's good when it comes to hacks, but if she doesn't have anything to back up what she's saying, don't believe a word of it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I just want to say that this is very similar to a certain scene from the Wizard Of Oz, "Oz the Great and Powerful" claims he has magical powers, and it's believed, until Todo pulls down the curtain, revealing that he's not a powerful entity, but just a man. Goes to show you that this is just another, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" debacle.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Hey guys I totally know whose going to be the next smash character but you'll never get to know because screw you I like being vague and ominous

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
In fact, I think it's time to put this whole Inkling thing to rest, take a look at this.
That really doesnt put anything to rest in regards to them as I have not seen anything suggesting the 3DS couldnt handle transformations in the first place. And Im not sure having ink appear on the stages is as big a problem as some people would make it out to be. We have at least one character who plants things on stages at this point anyway.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
They can get Inklings to work without having the ink effects in their moveset, it just wouldn't be as great as it could be. They don't need to have the ink stick on the ground. If Sakurai wants to do that and stay true to that, then they probably won't happen now, but that doesn't mean they can't happen at all. Please keep this in mind.

Anyway, we still have no idea what's going on or if any of these leaks are legit. Regardless, even without the leaks I think a Nintendo Direct is probably happening this week.

That really doesnt put anything to rest in regards to them as I have not seen anything suggesting the 3DS couldnt handle transformations in the first place. And Im not sure having ink appear on the stages is as big a problem as some people would make it out to be. We have at least one character who plants things on stages at this point anyway.
I think it would be a problem because it would need to stay for an extended period, and to stay fully true to Inklings it'd need to work just like in Splatoon where it can stick to walls and the like.

The main problem I'm not sure on regarding an Inkling moveset are the moves for knockback. Would they incorporate physical attacks to handle that? I can see the ink being used to deal damage and slow opponents down, but knockback is the problem fact I'm trying to figure out.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
They can get Inklings to work without having the ink effects in their moveset, it just wouldn't be as great as it could be. They don't need to have the ink stick on the ground. If Sakurai wants to do that and stay true to that, then they probably won't happen now, but that doesn't mean they can't happen at all. Please keep this in mind.

Anyway, we still have no idea what's going on or if any of these leaks are legit. Regardless, even without the leaks I think a Nintendo Direct is probably happening this week.

I think it would be a problem because it would need to stay for an extended period, and to stay fully true to Inklings it'd need to work just like in Splatoon where it can stick to walls and the like.

The main problem I'm not sure on regarding an Inkling moveset are the moves for knockback. Would they incorporate physical attacks to handle that? I can see the ink being used to deal damage and slow opponents down, but knockback is the problem fact I'm trying to figure out.
Actually, this is a problem. While Shulk's monado can only hurt the Mechon in his game, he can still swing it like a sword. Whereas with the Inklings, their ink only hurts... The Inklings. It can't damage anything else, just squid-like lifeforms, so how could the Inklings even work in Smash?

Actually, this is a problem. While Shulk's monado can only hurt the Mechon in his game, he can still swing it like a sword. Whereas with the Inklings, their ink only hurts... The Inklings. It can't damage anything else, just squid-like lifeforms, so how could the Inklings even work in Smash?
Except he never does that. If Shulk can hurt Shulk with Mondao I then Inklings can hurt anyone in smash.

Smash Bros has never followed canon and always taken absurd artistic liberties (Shulk's arts are a major example)
Inklings would be no exception.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You're saying this about a game where there's a 1" tall man who orders itty bitty little plant-people around, and a toy robot that in its real-life incarnation wasn't part of any games involving battle at all... ;)

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman

Well the Ink Rollers and Inkbrushes could be used as melee weapons, weapons like the blasters could work as kill moves, and maybe they can have moves where like... They turn into a Squid and corkscrew into the opponent. And I suppose it wouldn't be too surprising if Sakurai just improvised a few moves.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Ganondorf possess god-like invunerability, but you still can hurt him with a simple stick.
The answer is that it doesn't matter.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You're saying this about a game where there's a 1" tall man who orders itty bitty little plant-people around, and a toy robot that in its real-life incarnation wasn't part of any games involving battle at all... ;)
Except he never does that. If Shulk can hurt Shulk with Mondao I then Inklings can hurt anyone in smash.

Smash Bros has never followed canon and always taken absurd artistic liberties (Shulk's arts are a major example)
Huh, still, what about the knockback?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What about the knock back?
we have moves that do not put people into hit stun :4fox:. If it was so wished it could be done.

If not we have cases of projectiles having hitstun/knockback :4miigun::4megaman:

It all comes down to how Sakurai's team envisions the character.
Guess all it comes down to is technical limitations.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Have I mentioned that I'm still upset that Monado "Buster" and "Shield" aren't properly called "Enchant" and "Armour" respectively like they SHOULD BE.

That... and by the halfway point of the game, the Monado does become capable of harming bionic life.

With a moveset like.... THIS

Statistics
Height: Equal to:4ness:/:4lucas:
Weight: 80 (:4metaknight:)
Ground Speed: 1.15 (Equal to :4robinm:)
Air Speed: 1.0 (:rosalina::4robinm::4littlemac:)

Basic Moves
Jab Combo: One-Two Punch followed by a hard kick (:4sonic:)
Dash Attack: Turns into squid in Mid-air, spinning to deal damage and then returning to normal. Bad Endlag, little ground covered (similar to :4pacman:'s)

Get-Up Attack: Breakdance spin before standing back up
Ledge Attack: Inkling gives a quick shot to the ground before climbing up.
U-Tilt: Tentacles jut upwards like spikes (:4charizard:'s wings)
F-Tilt: Sweep of the Paintbrush (fast, weak equivilent to :4shulk:'s)
D-Tilt: Spins along the ground as a squid (:4pikachu:)

Smash Attacks
U-Smash: A launch of Slosher ink above head (hits like :4dedede:'s hammer)
F-Smash: Charges up a round of shots from the Splattling Gun, increasing with range and duration with charge (:4miigun:)
D-Smash: Slams down a roller , causing a splash of ink on both sides (Hits akin to :4olimar:'s)

Aerials
U-Air: Weak chuck of slosher ink (:4mewtwo:'s tail or :4falcon::4ganondorf:'s foot)
N-Air: Horizontal spin with paintbrush oustretched (:4marth:/:4lucina:/:4myfriends:/:4robinm:)
F-Air: A quick Splattershot bullet (:4villager:)
B-Air: Fires a small charge of Splattling ammo behind them, giving a slight push ahead (Multi-hit version of :4rob:'s)
D-Air: Slams the Paint Brush down, spikes (most similar to :4olimar::4alph:'s)

Grab

Grab & Pummel: "Headbutts" and extends out tentacles to grab (Tether)
U-Throw: Tosses enemy up before impaling them with thrusted tentacles.
F-Throw: Flings opponents away.
B-Throw: Spin & Fling
D-Throw: Spikes the opponents to the ground

Specials
Up B: Super Jump - Inklings charge up in Squid form before launching into the air (:4fox::4falco: charge but with increased distance and :4diddy:'s maneuvering).
Up Custom 1: Quick Super Jump: Half the charge time, 75% of the distance launch.
Up Custom 2: Stealth Jump: 1.5x the charge time, but Inkling becomes invisible for the duration of the move.

Neutral B: Splattershot - A weak rapid-fire projectile with range about 75% of battlefield.
Neutral Custom 2: Aerospray - More damage, somewhat reduced damage and range (60%).
Neutral Custom 3: Blaster - Shots explode on contact for heavier damage, short range (40%)
(Effectively trying to get a Fox-Falco-Wolf situation)

(Warning, most... complex part of the moveset)
Side B: Splat Charger - Taking a full second to charge, fires out a long ranged (full length of battlefield) shot with a low arc that drips ink below it which acts as terrain applied to the platform underneath the shot as it flies. Ink disappears when any player walks over it or after 5 seconds. Inkling Squid (crawl) has better speed and jumping. Enemies receive a ~20% speed and first jump height reduction while standing/running over/through it.
Side Custom 1: Squiffer - Charge is faster (0.5 sec) and has more range, but ink lasts for half as long.
Side Custom 2: Splatter Scope - Charge is slower (1.5 sec) but damage of the shot is increased. Ink unaffected

Down B: Splat Bomb - Inkling tosses forward a small explosive with a 3 second fuse. Can be picked up but will detonate when held. Initial toss is half the length of battlefield.
Down Custom 1: Burst Bomb - Lesser damage but explodes on contact.
Down Custom 2: Seeker - The explosive lands at half the distance and chases along the ground like a Mechakoopa. Small damage, 5 second fuse.

Final Smash: RELEASE THE KRAKEN: Inkling achieves an ultimate stage of temporary evolution. They have enhanced speed and jumping ability at the cost of only having one jump at a time. A/B causes the Kraken to do a lunge forward, spinning to deal large damage while X/Y (or tap jump) causes the enhanced jump while drilling into the air, likewise dealing heavy amounts of damage. The Kraken releases a trail of standard ink behind it.

Animations
Entrance: As it is in the games

Walk: Simple Jog
Run: Dashing forward, gun held down
Crouch & Crawl: Squid Form, defaultly is slower than Inkling running speed and with a weaker jump but is faster in Ink and jumps higher from it.

Taunt 1: "Stay Fresh~" pose to the screen
Taunt 2: Tosses Splattershot into the air and catches it (:4zss:)
Taunt 3: Failed toss of a Slosher, hitting themselves in the head (the loss animation)

Victory 1: Pistol-type victory animation.
Victory 2: Roller-type victory animation.
Victory 3: Splattling-type victory animation (just because... it's become iconic with cuteness)

Victory Theme: https://youTube/watch?v=L_gGClKqPMA Fits best.

Defeat: Squid form Inkling claps its tentacles together

:3 Shameless plug

Last edited:
Have I mentioned that I'm still upset that Monado "Buster" and "Shield" aren't properly called "Enchant" and "Armour" respectively like they SHOULD BE.

That... and by the halfway point of the game, the Monado does become capable of harming bionic life.
You are not the only one. It annoys me and I know a few other people who are annoyed
Shullk specifically uses monado I not Mondao II, which is the form that does damage to Bionis humanoids.

if that wasn't the case there wouldn't be a canonical issue. But there is. Why we didn't get Mondao II when we have Mecha Fiora will always confuse me. . .

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Well...This thread went off topic real quick since I've been gone. Better post something relevant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom