• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MainJPW

M.T.A
Tatsumi Kimishima is brushing up on his English for the Nintendo directs, that's why we haven't had one in a long time.
Huh, that's something to think about.

Kimishima did live in America for quite a while so his English should be fluent but I'm wondering if he'll even have any participation in the directs since I'd think he'd let Nintendo's well known personalities take over.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, provided there is an announcement, how many more hours would you guys say, minimum wise, do we have before the announcement?

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I am actually pretty pessimistic regarding the Direct. I feel like if they had one up their sleeves, we'd know by now...

There's clearly one character everyone's overlooking.

Someone who made a big stake being the #5 most requested newcomer in Melee but was put off in that game and didn't have a proper major appearance recently when Brawl was being chosen... but now?

Uh I think that Pig Ganon fills pretty much all the hype bills. A classic villain from people's childhoods? Check. A newcomer from The Legend of Zelda? Check. A Ganon with a canon-inspired moveset? Check. A character with a potentially unique and fun moveset? Check.
In a sense, he's kinda like a first-party equivalent of Ryu, a character that people didn't know they wanted until he was eventually revealed.
Oh, I would love to see Ganon as a character. If I can't get a Ganondorf with a faithful moveset then I'll take Ganon in a heartbeat. Heck I'd take Ganon regardless!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a big Splatoon update coming soon? Or was this also information we only had from Octogirl? It'd make sense to do a Direct about something like that...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a big Splatoon update coming soon? Or was this also information we only had from Octogirl? It'd make sense to do a Direct about something like that...
I can't remember if it was Octogirl or Nikki, but basically they said that soon will be a pretty big Splatoon update (not quite august update big, but on par of the Inkbrush introduction one) which has something to do with Octolings.

Which further compounded the mess of "leaks" we have.

Pokemon GO is also supposed to get some new details mid-October.

http://www.newseveryday.com/articles/28181/20151012/pokémon-go-release-date-nintendo-to-reveal-more-details-in-mid-october.htm
Niantic's representative Evan Dexter said reported by Nintendo Insider. "Come mid-October we'll be able to start going into more depth about our plans for the game, and about our plans for real world gaming overall.
So to summarize what could be in this direct:

Pokemon Z (It's definitely happening with all these new Pokemon things involving Zygarde lately)
Splatoon update (Octogirl's findings)
Twilight Princess HD (Octogirl also found this through e-shop hacking)
Smash Bros character
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Pokemon GO news.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

http://www.newseveryday.com/articles/28181/20151012/pokémon-go-release-date-nintendo-to-reveal-more-details-in-mid-october.htm

Pokemon Z (It's definitely happening with all these new Pokemon things involving Zygarde lately)
Smash Bros character
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Pokemon GO news.
Add in your god damn "nindies" and ya got a direct.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Smash Bros character
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Pokemon GO news.
...wait, what?

OMG I WANT THIS SO MUCH!!!! (assuming they give us the proper left-handed Link from the GCN version...)

I guess I wasn't really expecting much for today. Hoping, not expecting. But I thought they were just going to talk about Splatoon, which makes it seem all too much like an Inkling addition. Does seem like an eventuality, but I wouldn't personally put it an 8 or 9 on the hype scale, unless that scale goes up to about 50.

But then again, half of me is hoping they hold K.Rool until the end. It'd be a nice finish to the DLC to put a major hype character as a capstone, and it seems like E3 next year would be about the timing for that as well. I'm excited to see some new characters get in, but I really want some hype characters to pop by.

I don't even mind waiting. As long as I know how long I have to wait. If I knew K.Rool was coming at E3 next year, I'd be fine. At least he's in...

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
They could announce shrek tomorrow and I'd be... satisfied. With no character ANYTHING for months now, I'm so ready for my fill. Hopefully tomorrow. It could be Inklings, IRDC, just something.
The drought is getting ridiculous, along with the fact nintendo is still forgetting that they even created the ballot in the first place. Really right now, the only smash game keeping my attention is Project M since I can add a ton of mods.

Well...here ya go? View attachment 77826

Another pic..
View attachment 77827

Link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72644170

Make of this what you will. Not sure if they are real or fake..
...Is this what leaks have came to?...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It is now 12:36 Pacific Time. I take it that it will be at least three hours before we hear something, if there is something at all?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I dunno why Nintendo is so adamant in pretending that the Wii version of Twilight Princess is the real one. It was developed for the Gamecube, and that version is far superior. No waggle.

Even with no direct, I won't be upset. Not like they have much to talk about besides updates to games we already know about.

I dunno why Nintendo is so adamant in pretending that the Wii version of Twilight Princess is the real one. It was developed for the Gamecube, and that version is far superior. No waggle.

Even with no direct, I won't be upset. Not like they have much to talk about besides updates to games we already know about.
I think what I listed would be a good amount to talk about. Zelda remake on Wii U, New Pokemon game, Smash character, Splatoon DLC, Xenoblade, Mario Tennis and Pokemon GO (I'd love just to hear a slight bit of news on Zelda U ;__; ). That is plenty of stuff to talk about.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The day before.
Since most directs happen on wednesday, that should be today.

Also me bringing up Ganon served two purposes
1) To subvert the "bandwagoning" that the hints could only pertain to inklings
2) To demonstrate the fact that people don't think of Ganon but would really enjoy him coming in.
The problem with this logic is that a lot of Directs have happened on both Thursday and Friday as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Direct_presentations

The very first Nintendo Direct was on a Friday, the second was on Tuesday (both in 2011, first was NA and Japan in October, second Japan only in December).

2012 added Europe and had one for all three in February on a Wednesday.

April 2012 had two Directs on Saturdays (one in Korea, the other in Europe and NA).

June 2012 had a Sunday and Thursday (the first was E3).

July 2012 had the first game-exclusive Directs.

August 2012 had a Japan only Direct on Wednesday.

September 2012 had a Wii U Direct on a Thurday and other game-exclusive Directs.

There was a Europe only Direct on October 2012 on a Thursday and a Japan/NA Direct two weeks later on a Thursday. The last day of the month (a Wednesday) there was a Korea Direct.

November and December 2012 had three major Directs on Wednesdays. In November, one Wii U Direct for all three regions, and one Wii U Direct for just Japan/NA, with another general Direct for all three regions.

Another Wii U Direct was on a Wednesday in January 2013.

February 2013 had three different Directs, one in reach region, on a Thursday. Basically its a general Direct, but more different between the regions; Japan has a special Luigi 3DS Direct, NA a general Direct, and Europe a 3DS Direct.

Japan later got its own 3DS Direct a week after the prior on Thursday.

April 2013 had another split Direct on a Wednesday (NA general, Luigi in Japan, 3DS in Europe.

May 2013 finally brings back a Friday general Direct with a Japan-only SEGA Direct and general Direct in Europe/NA on the same day.

E3 2013 had Directs on Tuesday (first Tuesday in a while).

July 2013 has one Japan-only Mini Direct on a Wednesday and a NA/Europe Mini Direct on a Thursday.

Another Wednesday Direct in August 2013.

A Tuesday Direct in October 2013 with a Korea Direct on a Thursday.

Another Wednesday Direct in November 2013, this one is NA/Europe. A Japan Mini Direct was on Thursday, though. Probably about the same time, Japan was just late that day.

Another Wednesday Direct in December 2013, Wednesdays are becoming a bit more common.

January 2014 has a Korea Direct on a Friday.

February 2014 has the first Direct I see where the the timing of the Direct puts it in Japan on a Friday but NA/Europe on a Thursday. Well, ok, the November 2013 Direct was, but in Japan that was a Mini.

E3 2014's Digital Event was on Tuesday.

A Japan-only 3DS Direct in July 2014 on a Friday.

Another Japan-only 3DS Direct in August on a Friday (Shulk was revealed in this one).

September 2014 had an Australia 3DS Direct on a Wednesday.

Another Wednesday/Thursday Direct in all main regions in November 2014.

Another Wednesday/Thursday Direct in all main regions in January 2015.

Another Wednesday/Thursday Direct in all main regions in April 2015.

May 2015 had the Japan-only Direct on Tuesday.

June 2015 had the NA-only Micro Direct on a Monday (this wasn't a live presentation, though). This is the only time a general Direct dropped on a Monday.

The E3 2015 Digital Event was on Thursday.

And this year has, simply put, been the largest TOTAL drought of Nintendo Directs ever since Directs started in 2011; three months without a single Nintendo Direct, not even ANY game-specific Directs. At the very least in the past there were some Japan-only game-specific Directs or something.

So, to round everything up:

Monday: 0 (the pre-E3 NA-only Mini Direct wasn't live streamed, so it doesn't count)
Tuesday: 4
Wednesday: 15
Thursday: 10
Friday: 5
Saturday: 2
Sunday: 1

So yes, Wednesday does have the most, but Thursday is pretty damn close. Its not like 90% of all Directs are on Wednesdays or anything. And we simply had three Wednesday Directs right in a row at the end of last year beginning of this year.

NOTES:
1.) I'm counting cross-day Directs as being part of the first day, since cross-day Directs like these would be very early morning the next day in Japan/Australia.
2.) I'm only counting general Directs. This includes E3 presentations and console-specific Directs.
3.) The last three "normal" Directs (from November 2014 to April 2015) have all been Wednesday/Thursday, but Thursday Directs are pretty common as well.

There's several games they have to talk about. Zelda U will be getting some new info soon, there's the half-announced Pikmin 4, Retro and Next Level Games' unannounced projects, Nintendo's unannounced Mobile game they said they're going to be revealing soon, etc. Not all of these would get announce, of course. Probably at least one would, though.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
The problem with this logic is that a lot of Directs have happened on both Thursday and Friday as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Direct_presentations

The very first Nintendo Direct was on a Friday, the second was on Tuesday (both in 2011, first was NA and Japan in October, second Japan only in December).

2012 added Europe and had one for all three in February on a Wednesday.

April 2012 had two Directs on Saturdays (one in Korea, the other in Europe and NA).

June 2012 had a Sunday and Thursday (the first was E3).

July 2012 had the first game-exclusive Directs.

August 2012 had a Japan only Direct on Wednesday.

September 2012 had a Wii U Direct on a Thurday and other game-exclusive Directs.

There was a Europe only Direct on October 2012 on a Thursday and a Japan/NA Direct two weeks later on a Thursday. The last day of the month (a Wednesday) there was a Korea Direct.

November and December 2012 had three major Directs on Wednesdays. In November, one Wii U Direct for all three regions, and one Wii U Direct for just Japan/NA, with another general Direct for all three regions.

Another Wii U Direct was on a Wednesday in January 2013.

February 2013 had three different Directs, one in reach region, on a Thursday. Basically its a general Direct, but more different between the regions; Japan has a special Luigi 3DS Direct, NA a general Direct, and Europe a 3DS Direct.

Japan later got its own 3DS Direct a week after the prior on Thursday.

April 2013 had another split Direct on a Wednesday (NA general, Luigi in Japan, 3DS in Europe.

May 2013 finally brings back a Friday general Direct with a Japan-only SEGA Direct and general Direct in Europe/NA on the same day.

E3 2013 had Directs on Tuesday (first Tuesday in a while).

July 2013 has one Japan-only Mini Direct on a Wednesday and a NA/Europe Mini Direct on a Thursday.

Another Wednesday Direct in August 2013.

A Tuesday Direct in October 2013 with a Korea Direct on a Thursday.

Another Wednesday Direct in November 2013, this one is NA/Europe. A Japan Mini Direct was on Thursday, though. Probably about the same time, Japan was just late that day.

Another Wednesday Direct in December 2013, Wednesdays are becoming a bit more common.

January 2014 has a Korea Direct on a Friday.

February 2014 has the first Direct I see where the the timing of the Direct puts it in Japan on a Friday but NA/Europe on a Thursday. Well, ok, the November 2013 Direct was, but in Japan that was a Mini.

E3 2014's Digital Event was on Tuesday.

A Japan-only 3DS Direct in July 2014 on a Friday.

Another Japan-only 3DS Direct in August on a Friday (Shulk was revealed in this one).

September 2014 had an Australia 3DS Direct on a Wednesday.

Another Wednesday/Thursday Direct in all main regions in November 2014.

Another Wednesday/Thursday Direct in all main regions in January 2015.

Another Wednesday/Thursday Direct in all main regions in April 2015.

May 2015 had the Japan-only Direct on Tuesday.

June 2015 had the NA-only Micro Direct on a Monday (this wasn't a live presentation, though). This is the only time a general Direct dropped on a Monday.

The E3 2015 Digital Event was on Thursday.

And this year has, simply put, been the largest TOTAL drought of Nintendo Directs ever since Directs started in 2011; three months without a single Nintendo Direct, not even ANY game-specific Directs. At the very least in the past there were some Japan-only game-specific Directs or something.

So, to round everything up:

Monday: 0 (the pre-E3 NA-only Mini Direct wasn't live streamed, so it doesn't count)
Tuesday: 4
Wednesday: 15
Thursday: 10
Friday: 5
Saturday: 2
Sunday: 1

So yes, Wednesday does have the most, but Thursday is pretty damn close. Its not like 90% of all Directs are on Wednesdays or anything. And we simply had three Wednesday Directs right in a row at the end of last year beginning of this year.

NOTES:
1.) I'm counting cross-day Directs as being part of the first day, since cross-day Directs like these would be very early morning the next day in Japan/Australia.
2.) I'm only counting general Directs. This includes E3 presentations and console-specific Directs.
3.) The last three "normal" Directs (from November 2014 to April 2015) have all been Wednesday/Thursday, but Thursday Directs are pretty common as well.
You're totally right.
But IN MY DEFENSE,
I have never paid attention to the days of the week that directs happened and repeated what I heard; that theey normally happen wednesdays.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Uh I think that Pig Ganon fills pretty much all the hype bills. A classic villain from people's childhoods? Check. A newcomer from The Legend of Zelda? Check. A Ganon with a canon-inspired moveset? Check. A character with a potentially unique and fun moveset? Check.
In a sense, he's kinda like a first-party equivalent of Ryu, a character that people didn't know they wanted until he was eventually revealed.
Not to mention Pig Ganon can take aspects of Beast Ganon and even Ganondorf that weren't used and apply it to his arsenal of offensive and defensive arsenal and tactics.

Pig Ganon would also be an interesting character to pair with or against K. Rool in a Smash Bros battle. Certainly he'd be larger than K. Rool and likely heavier, so the dynamic of how they interact would automatically be fascinating. I mean, who doesn't love a HOSS MATCH!?!?!?

And this my fellow Kutthrow Kutouts is why I just wanna face off against Bowser, DK, Ike, Ganondorf, King Dedede, and/or Charizard, against K. Rool in Smash. Also, K. Rool vs. Ryu would be dope too. Back in 1995 DKC1 and 2 and Street Fighter II were MY GAMES. Funny how they're connected all these later in a series that wasn't even in pre-pre-pre-production back then.
DLC Pack 2: Wolf, King K. Rool, Ganon and Ridley. A man can dream.
Mother of God...

...if that ever happens, I am spamming this gif until I get banned from the internet.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Not to mention Pig Ganon can take aspects of Beast Ganon and even Ganondorf that weren't used and apply it to his arsenal of offensive and defensive arsenal and tactics.

Pig Ganon would also be an interesting character to pair with or against K. Rool in a Smash Bros battle. Certainly he'd be larger than K. Rool and likely heavier, so the dynamic of how they interact would automatically be fascinating. I mean, who doesn't love a HOSS MATCH!?!?!?

And this my fellow Kutthrow Kutouts is why I just wanna face off against Bowser, DK, Ike, Ganondorf, King Dedede, and/or Charizard, against K. Rool in Smash. Also, K. Rool vs. Ryu would be dope too. Back in 1995 DKC1 and 2 and Street Fighter II were MY GAMES. Funny how they're connected all these later in a series that wasn't even in pre-pre-pre-production back then.

Mother of God...

...if that ever happens, I am spamming this gif until I get banned from the internet.
Paul Heyman is the master of reactions :laugh:

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Croc fact of the day: remember that one fact about female crocodilians caring for hatchlings and the males just kind of going about their days? Some new research has been done, and it turns out that male gharials often run huge orphanages of over 100 baby gharials, protecting them from predators.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

Smash Bros character
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Pokemon GO news.
We could also get some Pikmin 4 info as well.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You're totally right.
But IN MY DEFENSE,
I have never paid attention to the days of the week that directs happened and repeated what I heard; that theey normally happen wednesdays.
That's why I wanted to post this correction, I posted it in the main thread as well.

A Friday Direct is unlikely but is possible. A Thursday Direct is entirely possible, though.

The one thing we can predict is: we'll NEVER have a Monday Direct. Not a general, anyway. They've never done it.

I think its very likely that they might try and announce another new unannounced game as well. Retro's project was ready to announce at E3. If they want something to really hype it up they could announce that.

Otherwise, just having a Zelda U trailer and subtitle would be enough to make any Direct worthwhile.

Burruni

Smash Hero
That's why I wanted to post this correction, I posted it in the main thread as well.

A Friday Direct is unlikely but is possible. A Thursday Direct is entirely possible, though.

The one thing we can predict is: we'll NEVER have a Monday Direct. Not a general, anyway. They've never done it.

I think its very likely that they might try and announce another new unannounced game as well. Retro's project was ready to announce at E3. If they want something to really hype it up they could announce that.

Otherwise, just having a Zelda U trailer and subtitle would be enough to make any Direct worthwhile.
HERE WE GO GUYS
TIME TO GET FOOLISHLY HYPED UP FOR THE REVEAL OF DKCR 3
PREPARE FOR CROCAGEDDON!

(I doubt we'll get that much in a single direct, even if it isn't this week)

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Croc fact of the day: remember that one fact about female crocodilians caring for hatchlings and the males just kind of going about their days? Some new research has been done, and it turns out that male gharials often run huge orphanages of over 100 baby gharials, protecting them from predators.
Perhaps that's why the Kremlings are loyal to K.Rool, he's protected them since infancy

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
HERE WE GO GUYS
TIME TO GET FOOLISHLY HYPED UP FOR THE REVEAL OF DKCR 3
PREPARE FOR CROCAGEDDON!

(I doubt we'll get that much in a single direct, even if it isn't this week)
That is true. All I'm saying is that there's plenty of things to talk about.

And yes, I'm absolutely positive Retro's project is still on Wii U, they started it as soon as TF was finished and it was for Wii U, the time is all wrong for it to be on NX. An HD NX title would take 3-4 years if started specifically for that system, and Retro implied at E3 it was ready to show off (because they weren't sure if it'd appear or not; if it was on NX, they would know it couldn't appear at E3, and by this point there's no way they could suddenly shift it to NX).

Likewise, Zelda Wii U will still be on Wii U. Twilight Princes HD would just be a stopgap to add a major title this year, otherwise it was probably planned to release next year. The delay of Star Fox Zero would force them to pull it back a few months. It was probably planned originally to be after Zelda U before it got delayed. It'd just be trading places with Star Fox Zero at this point, pretty much.

In the case of the next Mario title, though, they planned it "for their next console" as soon as Mario 3D World was completed. Maybe games early in development could shift to NX, but not games so late in development like Retro's project and especially Zelda U. Those two games will probably be the highlights of Nintendo's fall lineup next year, with a few things to fill in the gaps.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'd rather have a DK64 followup to a TF one. K. Rool can still return and we get something different. We can get DKCR3 on NX.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Paul Heyman is the master of everything reactions :laugh:
I fixed that for you. ;)
Yeah that for sure would happen. No way Nintendo holds that one off.

1. Why does it feel like Nintendo is holding onto 3 or 4 NX titles they don't want to talk about. I'm definitely feeling a new 3D Mario title.
2. When are we gonna see some extensive and expansive footage of games coming out next year? Seriously, the whole E3 campaign for Nintendo was "2015, 2015, 2015" but everything got delayed to "2016, 2016, TBD."

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'd rather have a DK64 followup to a TF one. K. Rool can still return and we get something different. We can get DKCR3 on NX.
I mean no offense when I say this but DK64 was a hell pit of a collectothon due to the raw amount of collectables, abundance of event triggers that make no sense (shooting a switch with Diddy opens up a cage that has a Tiny-exclusive mini game and also Chunky's Blue Print for the level or something similar on the far side of the map) and, admittedly, awkward controls to B-K and even Conker.

I'd gladly see a full Returns Trilogy before trying to salvage things out of that concept.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I mean no offense when I say this but DK64 was a hell pit of a collectothon due to the raw amount of collectables, abundance of event triggers that make no sense (shooting a switch with Diddy opens up a cage that has a Tiny-exclusive mini game and also Chunky's Blue Print for the level or something similar on the far side of the map) and, admittedly, awkward controls to B-K and even Conker.

I'd gladly see a full Returns Trilogy before trying to salvage things out of that concept.
With the disclaimer that I just don't get on with 3D platformers at all (the list of ones I've wasted time and money on reads like a who's who from other people's "Best Games Ever" lists), I've got to agree with this. If that's where K. Rool returned, I'd be glad to hear about it, but I certainly wouldn't be buying it. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I agree with this logic. I'd rather have a proper 3D DK game, and frankly, I can't see Retro producing a DKCR3 for three years anyway. If they're doing DK, I definitely think its a 3D DK game.

A sidescroller DKC only takes a couple of years to produce anyway. Hell, they could be doing both a 3D DK and DKCR3 on the side what with them having 100 employees and all right now. :p

The only thing we do know is they're not producing a Metroid game.

I fixed that for you. ;)

Yeah that for sure would happen. No way Nintendo holds that one off.

1. Why does it feel like Nintendo is holding onto 3 or 4 NX titles they don't want to talk about. I'm definitely feeling a new 3D Mario title.
2. When are we gonna see some extensive and expansive footage of games coming out next year? Seriously, the whole E3 campaign for Nintendo was "2015, 2015, 2015" but everything got delayed to "2016, 2016, TBD."
A late Direct this year would start talking about 2016 games for sure. It'd have to. I do think they're saving a few titles for NX, but the thing is, I can't see the NX launching next year. Next year's fall lineup will probably only have a few games, but they'd be bigger games they weren't ready to show off yet. And next year would be the last year for Wii U, of course.

They'll definitely announce games launching on NX at next year's E3. And I think there's still about 1-2 decent sized Wii U titles. Whatever Retro is doing for sure, and maybe Next Level Games' unannounced project (that's probably just a spinoff if anything), and that's basically going to be the last few Wii U games. Retro's game and Zelda U will be next year's big Holiday titles.

I think Animal Crossing, Metroid, and 3D Mario will be NX launch titles. (Animal Crossing could've been on Wii U but they were busy working on Splatoon.) MAYBE, and that's a BIG maybe, MAYBE F-Zero if they can get someone to produce it.

Retro could feasibly be working on both an end-of-life Wii U title and an NX launch title (or at least within the launch window).

If NX isn't backwards compatible (which I doubt, at the very least they'll make their biggest recent titles backwards compatible), then Zelda U will be cross-platform, but otherwise I don't think it will be.

I don't want a straight DK64 followup, I want a proper DK 3D title that does things right. Retro has done two amazing DKC sidescrollers now, I want them to actually surpass Rare and do an amazing 3D DK game, and I fully believe they can do it. (And frankly I don't believe they're working on a 2D DKC right now, anyway, because DKC sidescroller games don't take three years. And we know they aren't doing Metroid.)

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Retro did a Metroid Prime trilogy so its only fair DKCR gets the same.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Retro did a Metroid Prime trilogy so its only fair DKCR get's on too.
I fully expect DKCR3, but I also think they'll do a 3D DK as well. And if they're doing anything DK related right now, I think its a 3D DK. (They could potentially be doing both, though, if they want DKCR3 to launch on NX or be within the launch window).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A late Direct this year would start talking about 2016 games for sure. It'd have to. I do think they're saving a few titles for NX, but the thing is, I can't see the NX launching next year. Next year's fall lineup will probably only have a few games, but they'd be bigger games they weren't ready to show off yet. And next year would be the last year for Wii U, of course.
I can see the NX launching next year because some of the Nintendo stockholders are crazy. Trust me, I've gone through their financial reports. Stockholders thinking they understand specific markets without any research or understanding of the basic micro or maco economies of a market they are dealing with pains me.
They'll definitely announce games launching on NX at next year's E3. And I think there's still about 1-2 decent sized Wii U titles. Whatever Retro is doing for sure, and maybe Next Level Games' unannounced project (that's probably just a spinoff if anything), and that's basically going to be the last few Wii U games. Retro's game and Zelda U will be next year's big Holiday titles.
Whatever they're doing, it's big. I just hope they don't rush it and don't make another boring game. The sparks of Mario Maker and Splatoon are nice, yes, but Nintendo needs something more... captivating to mainstream audiences. I played the Rainbow Six: Siege beta recently (it was fantastic; in the few hours I played this game, I gave it nothing but positive marks, and I'm not a big shooter guy past Valve games), and that sort of slow paced, precise shooter/strategy hybrid style in an FPS style really got me thinking about where mainstream and big money console/PC gaming is going.

I think meticulously paced movement games are going to be more often than not favored over fast trigger/moving games by gamers on PC and consoles for the next few years. I think with a few adjustments a 3D Donkey Kong could fit that billing. A 3D Metroid game would definitely get all the check marks there with a great single-player mode and an innovative online multiplayer mode.

I also think the prevalence of RPG "leveling up" systems and elements in games is going to get more and more common. A 3D DK game with more RPG statistics and different Kongs similar to DK64 with maybe more DKC-styled controls and movement would definitely be something a large portion of the gaming community would be interested in.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly I cant see the NX releasing next year. Iirc Nintendo has said they would talk about it at E3 next year but tmk I havent seen anything from them indicating it would launch the same year.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can see the NX launching next year because some of the Nintendo stockholders are crazy. Trust me, I've gone through their financial reports. Stockholders thinking they understand specific markets without any research or understanding of the basic micro or maco economies of a market they are dealing with pains me.

Whatever they're doing, it's big. I just hope they don't rush it and don't make another boring game. The sparks of Mario Maker and Splatoon are nice, yes, but Nintendo needs something more... captivating to mainstream audiences. I played the Rainbow Six: Siege beta recently (it was fantastic; in the few hours I played this game, I gave it nothing but positive marks, and I'm not a big shooter guy past Valve games), and that sort of slow paced, precise shooter/strategy hybrid style in an FPS style really got me thinking about where mainstream and big money console/PC gaming is going.

I think meticulously paced movement games are going to be more often than not favored over fast trigger/moving games by gamers on PC and consoles for the next few years. I think with a few adjustments a 3D Donkey Kong could fit that billing. A 3D Metroid game would definitely get all the check marks there with a great single-player mode and an innovative online multiplayer mode.

I also think the prevalence of RPG "leveling up" systems and elements in games is going to get more and more common. A 3D DK game with more RPG statistics and different Kongs similar to DK64 with maybe more DKC-styled controls and movement would definitely be something a large portion of the gaming community would be interested in.
I don't see the point of RPG statistics in 3D DK. I could maybe see that in Zelda U, and have them add party members to Zelda U who can join you. But not 3D DK.

Still, in regards to NX, its simply way too earlier. They haven't announce too many games for upcoming years because yes, they are putting a lot of time into development games for NX. The problem is that they need those games to be READY. We only heard about the NX this year, and they've only started just talking to developers about NX this year. There's no time for them to produce games for NX and have them ready by next year. It'd, simply put, be SUICIDE to release the NX next year. Especially if they don't talk about it at all until E3, and ultimately not giving developers enough time to do anything.

The only situation I see NX launching next year is if they meant "platform" as in essentially an OS, and they'll have both a handheld and a home console. And the handheld will release next year. This, I think, is the most likely scenario. Release the handheld in advance, have several games ready for that, then have the NX console launch the following year, giving people time to be able to buy both, which can integrate together seamlessly.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Who said they couldn't remedy any flaws in DK64 while making a follow up?

I would rather have something different than ANOTHER 2D platformer.

Top Bottom