• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Just pretend it's 5 hours ago. ...It's DONE!
dkthumbsup.gif

Brilliant, amazing, superb, fantastic, I can go on but what an incredible piece of work! That is the best fan related artwork I've ever seen.

KAOS looks so sinister.... the visor glowing with the dark sky and thunder, it's creepy!

As for a DK bundle, as a Dixie supporter as well that would, imo be a great outcome. But I have a feeling we will only get one, not both.

So with Pirate Ship coming back, is that it in terms of new stages and the filling of stage slots? That could mean we'd be only getting characters from already repped series if Ryu is anything to go by? But then, who knows with Sakurai!

Whatever happens, I'm glad that I signed up to SB and have participated. I didn't realise there were other who loved the DK franchise and K. Rool as much as I did. It's been a great ride and hopefully we will be rewarded for our votes and our efforts in getting more attention for K.Rool and his current situation.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guess who thinks K. Rool will make it now?
For third party

Shovel knight

And first party

I can see

Badana dee

And king k rool

I just checked the list of followers for our kremling kampaign and it looks like Nintendo Of America is now following us too.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
For third party

Shovel knight

And first party

I can see

Badana dee

And king k rool

Are you sure? It doesn't say they are for me
HOLY COW!!!
Sorry guys, false alarm it was just a false account after just checking it out more, the real one has 2.33 million followers. Well, I'm pretty sure they've heard us though.
found this on twitter
smashified kaptain,baron,and krusha k rool
The Kaptain and Baron K. Roolenstein ones make the PAON appearance look better imo. If he ends up with that design and has those as alt. costumes then I'll probably be using them more than his default King and Krusha ones.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705

But really, it keeps happening with everything that says K. Rool is coming. The other day I dreamt that K. Rool, Dark Samus and Phazon Samus (don't ask me I don't even remember if that is a thing) won the Ballot. And I was like "ok".

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
So what's the general consensus on when we'll hear who won?
Right after the ballot ends? Or after they've had time to work on the character a bit so they can show us something?

To be honest, I feel like they probably decided a winner a while ago and began work already. I doubt the ballots have changed much in the last few weeks. I'm assuming the winner(s) was clear and they got to work as soon as they could.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
they checked me for everything when i was in the hospital,everything came up negative and my doctor diagnosed me with anxiety disorder and he prescribed me zanax which helps a little bit but not that much.

im basicly at a point to where i dont leave the house,the farthest i go is the cornfield in my backyard,sometimes i cause my anxiety attacks by worrying/thinking too much about something but most of the time they come and go randomly.

but dont worry about me im doing fine,and im fighting my condition every day until i become myself again and im not giving up even though it is scary i will keep fighting...i dont know if this has anything to do with it but i had alot of depression before i got anxiety.

but as i said before dont worry im doing better each day. thank you for you concern though.
Well, don't be afraid to let off steam if it gets a bit heavy, OK? We're all friends here.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
So what's the general consensus on when we'll hear who won?
Right after the ballot ends? Or after they've had time to work on the character a bit so they can show us something?

To be honest, I feel like they probably decided a winner a while ago and began work already. I doubt the ballots have changed much in the last few weeks. I'm assuming the winner(s) was clear and they got to work as soon as they could.
Theres no ballot winner. The ballot is ideas for Sakurai and his team and they will choose the ones they want of the highly requested characters.

And as for them already choosing characters, unless they tweet out a "don't forget to vote" tweet before the 3rd, I'm assuming the characters were chosen and created long ago.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
This is so good! And it really does make me feel better about Paon K. Rool. But Rare K. Rool is still top dog.

found this on twitter
smashified kaptain,baron,and krusha k rool
Here's the source:
Video itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si92jG3pGWE
https://twitter.com/StephenJPlant/status/649747555627110401
@StephenJPlant

Show him some love.

And here's a collage of the costumes. I can't help but feel the way it's presented is a bit too inconspicuous for how awesome it is. I mean, even in this thread it seems to have flown under the radar. I think if you attach this photo when you post the video link BKupa666 BKupa666 , people will be more inclined to check it out.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Theres no ballot winner. The ballot is ideas for Sakurai and his team and they will choose the ones they want of the highly requested characters.

And as for them already choosing characters, unless they tweet out a "don't forget to vote" tweet before the 3rd, I'm assuming the characters were chosen and created long ago.
You think they're already done? I hope you're right.
And yeah I saw the votes as more of a general idea for sakurai and his team too.

I guess by "winner" I really just mean a statement. It feels like they haven't even acknowledged the ballot's existence since it started.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
You think they're already done? I hope you're right.
And yeah I saw the votes as more of a general idea for sakurai and his team too.

I guess by "winner" I really just mean a statement. It feels like they haven't even acknowledged the ballot's existence since it started.
Sorry I didn't mean to say I thought they were done with the ballot characters.

I do think they may have a few characters done like 1 or 2 (I'm expecting 4 more) but I for sure think that they are all at least in development at this point.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry I didn't mean to say I thought they were done with the ballot characters.

I do think they may have a few characters done like 1 or 2 (I'm expecting 4 more) but I for sure think that they are all at least in development at this point.
Depending on how many they are planning, I don't necessarily think ALL of them are in development, but for sure at least two characters I think are in development, and they've probably decided who they want for the ballot right now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Depending on how many they are planning, I don't necessarily think ALL of them are in development, but for sure at least two characters I think are in development, and they've probably decided who they want for the ballot right now.
From the interviews the highest voted for will be the most focused on

The top ## of the ballot anyway (best guess is 5 between 10)

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I think we're going to get 3-4 more characters total.

Completely putting the ballot aside, I think Wolf is a shoo-in. I expect him to be released to coincide with Star Fox Zero, and I'm almost sure it'll happen.

In terms of the ballot, I think we're gonna get 2-4 characters, but I'm leaning more towards 2 for some reason.
In no particular order, I'm guessing it'll be any of the following:
-Snake
-Shantae
-Shovel Knight
-K.Rool
-Bandana Dee

If anyone else other than those 5 win, I'll be genuinely shocked.
I'm not trying to hate on any characters, it's just that these 5 are the ones that I think are the most likely.

Though I don't know if Shovel Knight is as popular as everyone seems to think he is. Smash is a Japanese game and Shovel Knight hasn't even been released over there. Not to mention he already has the whole "indie character" thing going up against him. I love Shovel Knight but I'm not sure if he's got as much footing as the other 4.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think we're going to get 3-4 more characters total.

Completely putting the ballot aside, I think Wolf is a shoo-in. I expect him to be released to coincide with Star Fox Zero, and I'm almost sure it'll happen.

In terms of the ballot, I think we're gonna get 2-4 characters, but I'm leaning more towards 2 for some reason.
In no particular order, I'm guessing it'll be any of the following:
-Snake
-Shantae
-Shovel Knight
-K.Rool
-Bandana Dee

If anyone else other than those 5 win, I'll be genuinely shocked.
I'm not trying to hate on any characters, it's just that these 5 are the ones that I think are the most likely.

Though I don't know if Shovel Knight is as popular as everyone seems to think he is. Smash is a Japanese game and Shovel Knight hasn't even been released over there. Not to mention he already has the whole "indie character" thing going up against him. I love Shovel Knight but I'm not sure if he's got as much footing as the other 4.
Replace snake with wolf

And add the splatoon boy/girl

Thats would be mine

Surprised if anyone else makes it

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Honestly, I can kind of see 4 characters all in all as a result.

One of them being Wolf, another K. Rool if by support means something to Nintendo and Sakurai (aside from the various votes that give some info about HOW he could be implemented AND be original enough to them...), and the last two, I'm not entirely sure.

Maybe to be hip, Shovel Knight somehow or someone third party for shock AND lastly, the RANDOM character thrown in for just in case.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well i can see the following

Wolf (most voted for veteran)

King k rool (most voted for newcomer)

Shovel knight (most atvantage of the 3rd party characters possible and atleast 1 third party could win this.)

bandana dee (second most voted for newcomer and has atvantage.)

If they'res anymore than those 4 any of the following below could be the fifth

Wonder-red
Splatoon boy/girl
Shantee
Chibi robo

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
He could just be using K. Rool as an example, but if he now believes K. Rool is likely, I wonder what made him change his tune.

Well, if he thinks K. Rool is likely to be in along with Shovel Knight then I can't complain.

I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED

for kremling DLC.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
It's great to see fantastic art of the king appearing every day :)

Should any of these be posted in Retro or Nintendo pages, so they can gaze at the beautiful art? Plus spreading awareness of the king always helps

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
3 SLOTS!

WE GOT 3 SLOTS GENTS!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
More opportunities for K. Rool are always welcome. Though with 3 slots now Im doubting there are pre-ballot characters.
My bets are: Wolf, K. Rool and Isaac. Though I might be biased on the K. Rool, I can never be sure. He always feels like Im only prioritizing him in my head.
A DK and a Starfox rep are my safest bet. And 3rd parties can happen but it easier to asume they wont.

Anyone want to take a guess at why a new placeholder was added to the character table? A few scenarios are:

1. One of the characters they originally wanted to do had legal barriers, so it was in limbo. It's since been sorted out, and will be the third "Mario."

2. They realized they had more time to work on characters than originally projected.

3. They were able to squeeze in another quick-to-make clone character, or something they could import most of from Brawl.

What sounds likely?

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
3 slots? oh boy.

I was relatively calm before, but this and the ballot ending tomorro kinda makes me thrilled!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, considering there's three slots now, and its right before the ballot, this might be our hard cutoff. My guess is they planned two at first, but then later decided to do Wolf as well because people were demanding him so much. My guess is Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac. On the other hand, if we get a third-party character, with only three characters I think Wolf would get booted in favor of the third-party.

Just my current speculation, though.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Anyone want to take a guess at why a new placeholder was added to the character table? A few scenarios are:

1. One of the characters they originally wanted to do had legal barriers, so it was in limbo. It's since been sorted out, and will be the third "Mario."

2. They realized they had more time to work on characters than originally projected.

3. They were able to squeeze in another quick-to-make clone character, or something they could import most of from Brawl.

What sounds likely?
Personally, I think it's

4. They're just adding placeholders as they go. The two there previously was never their intended cutoff.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Seems like the case. That is only if a 3rd Party jumps in or catches the attention of the dev team. But at least, this shows that we may get more than a couple.

The news truly has everyone more optimistic at that, hehe. :yeahboi:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
btw, the inclusion of the Pirate Ship stage (which is awesome!) may come in handy for a scene in the eventual K Rool reveal trailer. You know how Sakurai and team like to throw in some funny scenes or recreations of moments from games into the reveal trailers?

I can vision a short clip of DK and Diddy fighting the King on the Pirate ship stage just for that reason :p

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
3 Slots? This definitely raises the king's chances. I can see him making the cut, along with Wolf, who is probably in anyway. Now I don't seem to know who that third slot may be, so I'm going to go on a limb and guess either Issac or Bandanna Dee. If they decide to add any indies, they'll probably use Shovel Knight before Shantae.

And these news are making me think that we will get some news of some kind on the 3rd. I'm a bit hyped, but I don't want to be over-hyped too much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom