• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I just love, LOVE the fact that so many people here have taken this "leaker's" word as gospel. Because he "thinks" that K. Rool is out, and he "thinks" that Shovel Knight is a shoe in. We haven't seen a scale since the costume's release.

For all we know, Rusty from Steamworld Dig could be announced on Saturday. Maybe NOTHING will be announced on Saturday! All we're doing is speculating and theorizing, and then going for Shovel Knight's jugular when the theories are in his favor. (And to think, about twelve pages ago we were all "Oh, its not nice to hate on other people's wanted characters!") Heck, maybe they'll BOTH be announced on Saturday! Ever think of that possibility?

People are taking this rumor WAY too seriously, and this is coming from they guy who nearly lost his head in the Ridley thread.
Haven't we been in this situation before? Historically being in this situation hasn't helped. The Gematsu leak picked up because Sal had credibility before. The first thing people did was compare the fact that while Sal got things right with other leaks, he also got things wrong in the past. Ridley and K Rool fans either said it wasn't true, or it was but the leaker didn't know about K Rool and Ridley. Then the Vanrose leak came around, and a similar thing happened. He had credibility, so people gave him the time of day, with many hoping there was more to the roster. Then the ESRB leak happened, and while people questioned it at first, many agreed it was real but held on to the hope there were more characters. Then the 3DS game leaked, and people were hoping extra characters were locked by the Wii U version.

So here we have a guy that has some sort of "credibility." He says X character is in the game, but not the character most wanted.

We can always hold on the hope that this leak isn't real, but this situation is all too eerie and familiar.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Krystal is wrongly criticised for being "furry bait". Those who support characters with predefined roles are in their lonesome, with threads being tucked away in a social group which is hard to find. Daisy fans have to endure the stigma of their character being "spin-off fodder" and "Boring Peach clone".
And now Shovel Knight is an unworthy Indie character who hasn't been around long enough, despite people clamoring for the far newer Splatoon.
(I actually kind of agree with the points against Krystal and Daisy.)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And now Shovel Knight is an unworthy Indie character who hasn't been around long enough, despite people clamoring for the far newer Splatoon.
Splatoon is Nintendo though.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to mention, unless someone said it already (i am on pg 1045 btw), that the nintendolife article was written by tamaki or whatever his name is.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Am I the only one here who does not mind Shovel Knight in Sm4sh? Sure, I'd love to have K. Rool above everyone else, but come on, it's Shovel Knight! It's the late, love letter game to the NES era and being a one hit wonder hasn
t stopped the ice climbers or duck hunt from joining.

Sure, Shovel Knight isn't made by Nintendo, but he incorporates more of Old-school Gaming than any other indie character (that was'nt around in the past like shantae).

I'd dig it if the rumors were true.
There's multiple reasons why I don't want Shovel Knight in Smash;
  • Shovel Knight is not noteworthy to NINTENDO's history, what Smash is about. Every third-party but Snake has some importance to Nintendo, and Snake was special anyways.
  • Shovel Knight exclusive content; Kratos battle on the PS4, Battletoads stuff on the Xbox One. Zilch for the WiiU.
  • :4duckhunt:,:4rob: , :4megaman: & :4gaw: all do the retro fighter thing already, and do it better.
Among others.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You all fell for the troll..

His track record should speak for itself.
About this, if he's lying then he'll be out by this week, won't he? Unless he doesn't care about his credibility and doing it just for the hell of it... which is a bit hard to believe.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
About this, if he's lying then he'll be out by this week, won't he? Unless he doesn't care about his credibility and doing it just for the hell it... which is a bit hard to believe.
He did imply he's in a blue mood this week, which he reckons a "leak" may rectify.

Based on his actions up to this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he just decided to troll with us for fun.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
It could very easily turn out to be another Ryu.
Sakurai stated that Ryu was the unique newcomer that he imagined to build as DLC from the start.
So... I'm really not digging the Shovel Knight rumor.
How popular is SK in Japan anyway ?Sakurai knows him at least :troll: ?

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Well, yeah. The advantage of a Shovel Knight Amiibo is that it'd be compatible with multiple games, including Smash, Mario Maker, MAYBE Mario Kart, and other future Mario and Nintendo titles.
I believe scanning any amiibo into Hyrule Warriors will yield a random reward per day, so Shovel Knight could work in that too. Unless they actually programmed a special reward for him. Gives Link a shovel to use?

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
Can I just say that even though K Rool is my most wanted character, Shovel Knight would be a fantastic choice for DLC. He'd be kind of a reverse Lucas where his game is known only in the US as opposed to Japan. Plus his game offers huge moveset potential, as much as K Rool in fact. Blasphemy I know but hear me out.

Is he too modern with no real history to Nintendo , yes.

Is K Rool more deserving, yes.

Is this leak is even true at all? Its honestly a toss up

But Shovel Knight has a reason to be here, he could represent the indie gaming community really well. And I know people say Shantae is good for that too but the initial explosion of popularity for Shovel Knight following his release is too big for Nintendo to ignore.

Each DLC character will serve their own purpose. Mewtwo, Roy and Lucas were veterans a ton of people wanted back. Ryu represents the conventional combo fighting genre and Shovel Knight could represent indie. K Rool can still fill the role of a classic Nintendo character who has a long history with the company.

Also i've seen some posts where people have said they are going to dislike the Shovel Knight trailer if it comes out and i'd just like to say to please not. K Rool is not out of the running and just because he isn't announced first doesn't mean you should spam dislike on his possible character reveal.

The reason I love this fanbase is because you guys never seemed as vindictive or annoying as the Ridley fanbase was, bashing every other character that wasn't Ridley. Just take whatever comes from this "leak" with a grain of salt and stay as respectable as I know you can be.

Last edited:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Would just like to say what most of us are thinking right now.

**** Shovel Knight. Seriously.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
The reason I love this fanbase is because you guys never seemed as vindictive or annoying as the Ridley fanbase was, bashing every other character than wasn't Ridley. Just take whatever comes from this "leak" with a grain of salt and stay as respectable as I know you can be.
I think you have that backwards, but whatever. You nailed every other point.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
*sigh

> Nintendo offers us DLC characters for Smash Bros

> Peope plan to dislike everything that doesn't reflect their expectations, sending out signals of disrespect, ungratefulness and overall douchebaggery

Keep it clean, guys. seriously. I don't want the K. Rool fanbase watched as a group of whiny pricks.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Yes guys,
Shovel Knight is coming into SMASH 4...................................as a TROPHY only!

back for K.ROOL topic.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
First off-

Most people think Splatoon is too new. There's a few who are ok with it, but most do think its too new.

Second off, and this is VERY important-

...SPLATOON IS A NINTENDO IP. There's a HUGE F***ING DIFFERENCE between a third-party IP and a Nintendo one.

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/636615686324924416
So there's a strong change he might not be revealed at PAX....or you know ever.I think you guys are better off ignoring the guy it's kinda obivous he's trolling people
Here's the problem with that. If the "megaton" announcement isn't Shovel Knight in Smash, odds are he's probably not in Smash. Especially if its a standalone Shovel Knight Amiibo. There's nothing more "megaton" than getting into the biggest crossover game ever made.

Sakurai stated that Ryu was the unique newcomer that he imagined to build as DLC from the start.
So... I'm really not digging the Shovel Knight rumor.
How popular is SK in Japan anyway ?Sakurai knows him at least :troll: ?

I believe scanning any amiibo into Hyrule Warriors will yield a random reward per day, so Shovel Knight could work in that too. Unless they actually programmed a special reward for him. Gives Link a shovel to use?
I meant a unique reward. Obviously Shovel Knight would unlock a random reward in HW.

Yes guys,
Shovel Knight is coming into SMASH 4...................................as a TROPHY only!

back for K.ROOL topic.
I highly doubt that. He'd probably at least get a Mii Fighter costume as well.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Regarding this rumor (which isn't even credible or proven), all I can say is there's nothing to do but wait and see.

Stay optimistic Kutthroats. Don't lose your cool. This isn't over yet.

I like Shovel Knight don't kill me

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Because it reflects badly on the K Rool fanbase?
The entire Smash fanbase needs to get a grip. I'm one guy who doesn't like a LAME character, why does it reflect on the rest of you? We're all individuals here. I want K. Rool in the game first, but I wouldn't consider myself part of your fanbase. You people are soft.

You cater to chumps who want no-name losers in the game, settling for people like Shantae and Shovel Knight and Isaac. Nodding your heads and acting like it'd be OK if they got in over K. Rool knowing that it's not and will never be. You K. Rool fans make me sad for you sometimes.

If K. Rool doesn't make it in, it'd be because you guys didn't FIGHT hard enough. It'll be on you, and you'll have to live with that for the rest of your lives.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

Well at least we can dislike this video and dislike Shovel Knights reveal trailer. Even if you don't mind him being playable, we still should show Nintendo this isn't acceptable. Regardless if Federation Force has good gameplay, it wasnt acceptable for Nintendo to tag on the "Metroid Prime" title to it, and try to pass it off as a game fans have been demanding. Sure I'll probably play it, but the fact so many people disliked their video shows that Nintendos treatment of fans wasn't right.
If Shovel Knight is coming....I PRAY they announce him at PAX this weekend. If they do, that just might mean, he is "NOT" part of the ballot just like Royu..!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The entire Smash fanbase needs to get a grip. I'm one guy who doesn't like a LAME character, why does it reflect on the rest of you? We're all individuals here. I want K. Rool in the game first, but I wouldn't consider myself part of your fanbase. You people are soft.

You cater to chumps who want no-name losers in the game, settling for people like Shantae and Shovel Knight and Isaac. Nodding your heads and acting like it'd be OK if they got in over K. Rool knowing that it's not and will never be. You K. Rool fans make me sad for you sometimes.

If K. Rool doesn't make it in, it'd be because you guys didn't FIGHT hard enough. It'll be on you, and you'll have to live with that for the rest of your lives.
So basically you look down on anyone who doesn't support K. Rool. Congratulations, you lost all chances of ever being taken seriously.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Here's the problem.
You're conforming to the stereotype that K Rool fans are big bullies that hate any character not named K Rool. There are people on the internet who would screencap your comment and show it around other forums as proof of this stereotype. You're welcome to your opinions but some are better off not said in public. Especially in such an aggressive way.

Not only are you an example of this false stereotype but you're also insulting characters that people here support. Several people here support Isaac. There's some Shantae and Shovel Knight supporters too. I'm pretty sure they'd be grateful if you didn't slag their characters off in such an insulting way.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Sorry but if Shovel Knight is revealed as a new dlc character for smash I will not be happy at all. It was bad enough that I felt no hype for almost every other new character after Mega Man's trailer with the likes of Greninja, Robin, Lucina(no offense FE fans), Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, and DHD(though I can understand now) being revealed when ones such as K. Rool, Ridley, Waluigi(love him or hate him, he's more iconic than any of those guys), Samurai Goroh, Dixie Kong, and Capt. Syrup should've got in, heck even Toad would've been ok with me. Then we learn Dark Pit is in the game who's not only NOT a villain but has only been in one game for KI which was tje most recent one, Uprising.

I swear if K. Rool does'nt get in at all but SK does then I am done with SSB as long as Masterzero Suckerai is controlling the series. At least Retro Studios gives me hope.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
*sigh

> Nintendo offers us DLC characters for Smash Bros

> Peope plan to dislike everything that doesn't reflect their expectations, sending out signals of disrespect, ungratefulness and overall douchebaggery

Keep it clean, guys. seriously. I don't want the K. Rool fanbase watched as a group of whiny pricks.
"ungratefulness"

While some of the anti Shovel Knight rhetoric is getting ridiculous, this notion that we have to lap up every piece of DLC is equally ridiculous. This is a consumer good, not a charity. It's Nintendo's responsibility to please as many consumers as humanly possible, otherwise backlash is to be expected. Like, seriously. They're trying to sell us a product and some people don't like the product. Where's the problem? I've vowed to not purchase anymore DLC until K. Rool is announced. Yes Lucas, that includes you. The only thing I don't like is when people start bashing other characters without taking into account how the fans of those characters will feel. It's one thing to say something like "Shovel Knight has only been around for a year, so maybe other characters should be given priority for now" versus "SHOVEL KNIGHT SUCKS I HATE YOU SAKURAI." The latter will reflect poorly on the entire K. Rool fanbase.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I don't care for Shantae or Issac. I don't think I would enjoy them in the game, and I especially don't think Issac will particularly add anything to Smash that Robin doesn't already do.

However, I can say that without going "Everyone agrees, **** Shantae and Issac, am I right?"

Attitude is a huge key. I'm never going to have anything nice to say about Dark Pit, though.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
"ungratefulness"

While some of the anti Shovel Knight rhetoric is getting ridiculous, this notion that we have to lap up every piece of DLC is equally ridiculous. This is a consumer good, not a charity. It's Nintendo's responsibility to please as many consumers as humanly possible, otherwise backlash is to be expected. Like, seriously. They're trying to sell us a product and some people don't like the product. Where's the problem? I've vowed to not purchase anymore DLC until K. Rool is announced. Yes Lucas, that includes you. The only thing I don't like is when people start bashing other characters without taking into account how the fans of those characters will feel. It's one thing to say something like "Shovel Knight has only been around for a year, so maybe other characters should be given priority for now" versus "SHOVEL KNIGHT SUCKS I HATE YOU SAKURAI." The latter will reflect poorly on the entire K. Rool fanbase.
This is a better explanation. A lot of people don't think Shovel Knight is iconic enough to be playable in Smash, not just K. Rool fans. Provide a valid explanation of why you don't think something will or should happen.

I don't care for Shantae or Issac. I don't think I would enjoy them in the game, and I don't think they'd add a whole lot to Smash in general.

However, I can say that without going "Everyone agrees, **** Shantae and Issac, am I right?"

Attitude is a huge key. I'm never going to have anything nice to say about Dark Pit, though.
And for the most part, no one is really saying that about Shovel Knight, either. There's a few bad apples out there, but most are irritated about other things.

And on that note, honestly? I don't see how Shovel Knight really adds anything to Smash. He doesn't do anything special other characters don't already do. In fact he'd fit pretty well as just a Mii Sword Fighter costume, and could even be designed to look EXACTLY like Shovel Knight. If you can make a Mii Fighter costume look EXACTLY like a character, and make their moveset pretty believable and accurate just by assigning one of the Mii Fighters...

All you do is trade a sword for a shovel. Honestly, I'd argue both Shantae and Isaac have way more going for them (Isaac's swordplay is so basic its not even funny; that could be a Sword Fighter, but Psynergy is what sets the Golden Sun characters apart, and Isaac could be built to not even use a sword at all).

In the case of Shovel Knight, the Shovel isn't what would make him stand out but the Relics, and in that case, why both?

Last edited:
Top Bottom