• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

The amount of Fake Leaks on September about the Smash Ballot will be absolutely painfull.

I can already see it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Are you sure they won't wait until the ballot ends before making those characters?
Yes. I'm sure he's already started on at least two characters before the ballot ended, it makes no logical sense to not be developing them now.

Well might be a leak soon.

Because the maintence is almost ready to activate

No mini video mentioned by sakurai

So data diggers will probably check for any spoilers.
Why do people keep using this excuse? Unless there's a patch, the maintenance means jack. The maintenance will only affect what's on the server, not what you have on your own system. You have to DOWNLOAD something to gain access to the data. If there's no patch there's nothing to leak. And currently, it looks like there's nothing related to character balancing or anything like that in this maintenance.

Oh I'm sure it will be Leak-tember. I predict scores of fake leaks and Nintendo articles falling for each and every one of them, something for us all to chew on, get hopes up over and get disappointed after, or laugh off completely as October approaches.

I won't get my raise on my paychecks until October anyway, so in more ways than one, September is going to suck hard for me.
This is the biggest thing we'll be seeing this month.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Still, seems like a whole bunch of wait for a whole lot of nothing unless they have a big blow out (hopefully) in October

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yes. I'm sure he's already started on at least two characters before the ballot ended, it makes no logical sense to not be developing them now.

Why do people keep using this excuse? Unless there's a patch, the maintenance means jack. The maintenance will only affect what's on the server, not what you have on your own system. You have to DOWNLOAD something to gain access to the data. If there's no patch there's nothing to leak. And currently, it looks like there's nothing related to character balancing or anything like that in this maintenance.

This is the biggest thing we'll be seeing this month.
Ok well id diden't know that

Because in another game i play called ace combat infinity

They call they're updates maintenance which is adding stuff and making fixes

I thought smash would add some stuff do to a maintenance but its more likely for buff/nerfs due to only being a hour.

So yo simplify maintenance is considered doing tweaks and may add a tiny bit of stuff

But the biggest key is getting smash preped for wave 4 of dlc
(getting the slots for stages/characters and costume spots read ahead of time.)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ok well id diden't know that

Because in another game i play called ace combat infinity

They call they're updates maintenance which is adding stuff and making fixes

I thought smash would add some stuff do to a maintenance but its more likely for buff/nerfs due to only being a hour.

So yo simplify maintenance is considered doing tweaks and may add a tiny bit of stuff

But the biggest key is getting smash preped for wave 4 of dlc
(getting the slots for stages/characters and costume spots read ahead of time.)
Maintenance can come in many forms. If this was an update maintenance to maintain parts of the game, they would've stated it and we'd know there was a patch coming. This is maintenance only on the server side, they're making sure that the server's are in good working order so people can continue to play the game smoothly online.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
5pm PST isn't it for 3DS? Which is 8pm EST for me, so if it's an hour maintenance, it's half done by now.

Yeah no. A lot of people were hoping for something but I don't see it.

Edit: And I'm even spectating people online right now.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I doubt that they've been sitting on their hands this whole time. Sakurai said it himself that he can't keep the dev team around for ever, and we haven't seen anything significant content since tournies and stages (I don't consider mii costumes significant), and we seen the stages when Royucas were released. If PushDustIn's theories are true and the stages, tournies, and Royucas (Roy, Ryu, Lucas if you're confused) was the last of the pre-ballot that means they'd be sitting on their hands doing no work if they waited until after October to start working on characters.

Plus, the majority of votes will be in at the beginning of the ballot, so I imagine most major voting has finished and we wont' see any huge swings in support near the end. But yeah, like @ Banjo-Kazooie Banjo-Kazooie states, it would not be pretty if they made us wait this long with no Smash news at all just to tell us they will be counting the votes AFTER October 3rd.
I hope you guys are right. I'd hate to have to wait AFTER the ballot ends for more characters to be revealed.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Seems as though the Smash Bros Maintenance for 3DS ended at 5:32 PM Pacific Time instead of 6:00 PM Pacific Time. Bit of an interesting detail for it to end 28 minutes early, but that's all I can really say.

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh? Maybe late... But anyway... If I have to select four newcomers... Well... Probably are obvious choices xD

- King K. Rool
- Bandana Dee
- Micaiah
- Adeleine / a character that could remember later.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
It's honestly kind of hilarious that people were banking on a new character to come out with no warning or acknowledgement from Nintendo because of a regular old maintenance session. :chuckle:

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BECOME, NINTENDO!!!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Seems as though the Smash Bros Maintenance for 3DS ended at 5:32 PM Pacific Time instead of 6:00 PM Pacific Time. Bit of an interesting detail for it to end 28 minutes early, but that's all I can really say.
And not a software patch in sight. Nothing to see here folks.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's honestly kind of hilarious that people were banking on a new character to come out with no warning or acknowledgement from Nintendo because of a regular old maintenance session. :chuckle:

I think for many people it was the timing more than anything. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they planned to have an update at one point today, but it got messed up and they released the content they planned today early. Namely, Roy/Ryu being leaked early and the like, so this month's update was released at the end of last month instead.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
After doing some online myself, I keep reminding myself how garbage I am with Pikachu. Just absolute garbage. At least I can snag some wins with Charizard. Note to all, just because one character is high tier doesn't mean you'll have an easier time in battles if the playstyle doesn't jive with you.

Back to K. Rool related news...wait...

There is no K. Rool related news.

WE'RE THIRSTY SAKURAI!

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
So, is that rumor about the character deemed false? Because, at this point, I'm pretty sure people are not going to wait 2 months on something as useless as ONE PERSON's speculation.

Anyway, I am really not happy about September. That is truly going to be a time of BS leaks as the ballot comes to a close. Even false K. Rool leaks would annoy me because the drama behind the ballot in general has been ruthless and, at some points, irritating.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, is that rumor about the character deemed false? Because, at this point, I'm pretty sure people are not going to wait 2 months on something as useless as ONE PERSON's speculation.

Anyway, I am really not happy about September. That is truly going to be a time of BS leaks as the ballot comes to a close. Even false K. Rool leaks would annoy me because the drama behind the ballot in general has been ruthless and, at some points, irritating.
You mean Tamaki's Shovel Knight leak? I think the leak is dead, but PushDustin apparently thinks its likely true, though he's not fully certain.

D

Deleted member

Here's an example of how Smash Ballot leaks are gonna be:
HAY GUYZ I HAVE INFO ON DA NEW BALLET CHEREXTRS AND THEY ARE:
-Half-Genie Knight
-Paper Solid Pichu
-Chorus Kongs
-Bandanna Nabbit

THEY R GUNA B RELESED ON SPRING 2041 KTHX BAI.

ALSO K.ROOL AND ISAAC ARE OUT CUZ I DON'T LIKE THEM.

This was my horrible attempt at beign funny.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
-Half-Genie Knight
-Paper Solid Pichu
-Chorus Kongs
-Bandanna Nabbit

Were you the chap who entered "Trowel Chevalier" as a character in @ PushDustIn PushDustIn 's poll, by any chance? :laugh:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
-Half-Genie Knight
-Paper Solid Pichu
-Chorus Kongs
-Bandanna Nabbit

I can't wait to play as Dr. Pink Gold Metal Lucina Jr

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Wow, it seems like the community is starting to get really thirsty for more news. But come on guys? 3 fake leaks in a week? It's only been a month since we got new stages.

But I really do want a new character badly...

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Wow, it seems like the community is starting to get really thirsty for more news. But come on guys? 3 fake leaks in a week? It's only been a month since we got new stages.

But I really do want a new character badly...
To be fair a lot of us didn't buy those stages because they're not competitive like Dreamland and we could just play Smash 64 since there not really "new"

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
To be fair a lot of us didn't buy those stages because they're not competitive like Dreamland and we could just play Smash 64 since there not really "new"
I play on the 3DS so naturally I'll buy the hell out of any stages because I despise the 3DS vanilla stage roster compared to the Wii U one. Honestly, if you just gave me Bridge of Eldin with Midna's Lamnet as one of the two tunes then I will never complain about 3DS stages again.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I did. Dream Land is my main's home-turf, after all. :laugh:

Character wants aside, I do hope we see some more stages before this is over, old or new.

I play on the 3DS so naturally I'll buy the hell out of any stages because I despise the 3DS vanilla stage roster compared to the Wii U one. Honestly, if you just gave me Bridge of Eldin with Midna's Lamnet as one of the two tunes then I will never complain about 3DS stages again.
I play the 3DS version more than twice as much (I checked my stats on both recently, and was then mildly terrified by the sheer amount of time I've put in when the numbers were combined :laugh:), and I honestly prefer its stage selection. It's a shame that the new Dream Land stage is a scrolling hazard-fest in its standard form, though. I much prefer the Omega version of that.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Out of curiousity, will you be publishing these results or just leave them to yourself?
The results are viewable by anyone at anytime. I might do a short write up. The data I'm actually curious on is just a small part of the poll (what veteran do people want back?).

I know people are interested in the final results kind of information so...Yeah, perhaps I'll do a short write up. I've been insanely busy with the Shovel Knight rumor and the fallout over that, plus stuff going on irl, so my Japanese research is a bit delayed. Hoping to get back to that tonight.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I did. Dream Land is my main's home-turf, after all. :laugh:

Character wants aside, I do hope we see some more stages before this is over, old or new.

I play the 3DS version more than twice as much (I checked my stats on both recently, and was then mildly terrified by the sheer amount of time I've put in when the numbers were combined :laugh:), and I honestly prefer its stage selection. It's a shame that the new Dream Land stage is a scrolling hazard-fest in its standard form, though. I much prefer the Omega version of that.
Pff. FOUR stages are scrolling stages!!! Three of them are Mario ones >.>

In fact, the only stages I like (and my tastes aren't based on competitive viability either, just personal preference) are Arena Ferox, Gerudo Valley, Prism Tower, and (OMEGA) Find Mii, this one specifically in Omega form because regular form is balls because MOST OF THE STAGE CAN DISAPPEAR...and Dark Lord. **** that stage. I just play on it in Omega because it's the closest thing we'll get to Bowser's Castle.

Also, I'm dropping Pikachu as a main/secondary. After a series of being man handled I decided Pikachu isn't for me, even if that was my only character in Mario 64 (back before online was a thing and I had no one to play with). I think Robin might be considered my secondary now, considering he was a tertiary before but I think it's time for a promotion.

Anyways, @ PushDustIn PushDustIn I have a question, will you be counting Kaptain K. Rool votes (or any variation of Rool that isn't the King) as the same character as King K. Rool, due to his other costumes potentially being alts?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Yes, all K Rool variations will be counted together. Same with Waddle Dee and Bandanna Dee.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Yes, all K Rool variations will be counted together. Same with Waddle Dee and Bandanna Dee.
Glad to hear.

I'm very interested to see the results, or rather the write up you intend to do that gives us an idea of what's popular. It will be interesting to see how the votes stack up in a poll where you have multiple choices, but can only have so many of them.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman

Can you blame us when we're desperate? When a software patch is actually released it's gonna be like:
84 years.gif

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Well, everybody posts what they voted, so here're my choices:

2 vets, 2 newcomers

- Wolf
- Icies

- King K. Rool
- Shovel Knight

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
My 4 Newcomer list, in order from most desired, to least:
1. King K. Rool
2. Agumon
3. Raichu
4. someone... can't think off the top

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
To get some discussion going, I had a question for you all: Do you believe that Mii Costume of K. Rool uses assets of an existing playable model with his awesome rare design? Trust me when I say this, but that detail on the costume HAS to be for something more. Besides, we all know how much Sakurai loves using old designs for characters (Pac-Man and Mega Man are key examples). What do you guys think?

Also, since this is related, here's a video for you guys about Reptile vs. Reptile (I think you'll appreciate this, @ dangeraaron10 dangeraaron10 . XD):

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=XO5X-FKs9is

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To get some discussion going, I had a question for you all: Do you believe that Mii Costume of K. Rool uses assets of an existing playable model with his awesome rare design? Trust me when I say this, but that detail on the costume HAS to be something for more. What do you guys think?

Also, here's a video for you guys about Reptile vs. Reptile (I think you'll appreciate this, @ dangeraaron10 dangeraaron10 . XD):

I definitely think its a strong possibility, but whether or not it is drawn from an actual playable model, I am completely positive that K. Rool is coming at this point in time (not 100% because I don't want to say that, but maybe 80%).

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Not really. Anime!Mewtwo was a misanthrope due to circumstance. Game/Origins!Mewtwo is just a superpowered feral animal who ran in a cave to hide.

On topic:K.Rool K.Rool K.Rool K.Rool
i dunno animemewtwo was a misunderstood creature with relatable reasoning for his extreme actions bit was still very definitely a antagonist.(villians don't always have to be pure evil) and in the games it is often said in its pokedex entries that he has cruel/fierce nature and is highly intelligent.
no. i mean how cool would it be for a controllable master hand? forget ridley. master hand is way cooler.
You can actually do this in melee via a glitch. it.. actually gets boring very quickly.as for he poll, voted 2 vets, 2 newcomers. wolf(unjustly cut, great character in brawl, fox's rival), snake(loved his playstyle a ton. was almost tempted to go for ivy though since i miss ivy too an snake may not be possible anymore), King k.rool(the only newcomer i really want/need a lot), and black shadow(i just want a f-zero antagonist/other character in general, most of the other characters i really cared about like skull kid, ridley, dark samus and ghirahim are already deconfirmed for this game and it was honestly a tossup between this, sukapon, and dark matter)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Either the costume is made of pieces for the upcoming K. Rool playable character or the worst scenario were the team started working on K. Rool. But then X Sakurai related reason happened so they recycled the model they had to make a Mii Costume.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
To get some discussion going, I had a question for you all: Do you believe that Mii Costume of K. Rool uses assets of an existing playable model with his awesome rare design? Trust me when I say this, but that detail on the costume HAS to be for something more. Besides, we all know how much Sakurai loves using old designs for characters (Pac-Man and Mega Man are key examples). What do you guys think?

Also, since this is related, here's a video for you guys about Reptile vs. Reptile (I think you'll appreciate this, @ dangeraaron10 dangeraaron10 . XD):

Sorry @ Yellowlord Yellowlord but that link just sends me to the Youtube main page.

Top Bottom